» «
Photo

Gta psp Delayed

11 replies to this topic
Mush Mouth
  • Mush Mouth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 March 2005 - 07:15 PM Edited by Mush Mouth, 04 March 2005 - 07:17 PM.

Buried in a financial report for Rockstar Games is the sad news that GTA for the PSP is delayed. The new “date” is 3rd quarter of 2005. While not surprising (we’ve watched its date creep away from us on Gamestop and EBGames) it’s still a let-down. As long as they get it right, you won’t hear us complaining. Too much.

Damn this sucks rockstars let us down once again, they should atleast give us a title for the game, or even a pic of what they have to offer as of now! I mean come on THE THIRD FREEKIN QUARTER this is getting ridiculous..... angry.gif
----oh yeah heres the Url--------

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States

Posted 04 March 2005 - 10:14 PM

- Ok, I think it is about time that you give them some screenshots of GTA: PSP.
- What? I thought your team was working on the PSP.
- No, I'm sure it was yours.
- Damn. We better announce a dellay.

OC Noob
  • OC Noob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 March 2005 - 04:57 AM

I agree with the quoted guy. I'd rather see it right then see it early. This game is what I bought a PSP for so I want it top notch quality.

GTA Life
  • GTA Life

PSN: Ritsuka99

• Members

Posted 07 March 2005 - 04:59 AM

...sigh...Son of a bitch....I should have known.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 07 March 2005 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (Mush Mouth @ Mar 4 2005, 19:15)
Buried in a financial report for Rockstar Games is the sad news that GTA for the PSP is delayed. The new “date” is 3rd quarter of 2005. While not surprising (we’ve watched its date creep away from us on Gamestop and EBGames) it’s still a let-down. As long as they get it right, you won’t hear us complaining. Too much.

Damn this sucks rockstars let us down once again, they should atleast give us a title for the game, or even a pic of what they have to offer as of now! I mean come on THE THIRD FREEKIN QUARTER this is getting ridiculous..... angry.gif
----oh yeah heres the Url--------

Its bad news indeed!

Im sure Sony are just as gutted as this will effect the first sales of PSP due to ALOT of people waiting for the GTA game before buying, Ive seen other games that are due to be released but none have the following that GTA does, I dont care about the others infact, Ill play them if I want on PS2.

Sucks big time!

shangrula
  • shangrula

digitial cuuunt

• Members

Posted 07 March 2005 - 11:54 AM

let's face it it could be delayed for three reasons:

1> Fiscal/Financial restraints
2> Not ready in time
3> possibly becuase of European PSP release set back

OK, so

1> if it's not released for financial reasons (i.e. they want the sales to come in for the last quater) then that's a bit sh*t but understandable. However with GTA:SA sales so high they should care less about it as their company must be making mega bucks - but that also could mean they would want to space it out a bit longer (i.e. not merge PC/Xbox sales with PSP) This ties in with point 3 as well. The game is being developed in the UK (leeds) so perhaps they want to keep it as a UK PSP release title (following their deals with sony and the PS2 (ok, could be unconnected)). doing something like this wouldn't surprise me much.

2> I am hoping it's not being released becuase of it not being ready. This would be great news as it would signify that it's less of a direct rip of GTA3 like many think it will be. I wouldn't be surprised if it had great multiplayer features which need more time perfecting. As they are releasing the PC/Xbox versions a few months before the PSP version it could just be that they are all working and sharing code that will go in both versions and they just needed the time with the PSP to sort out things like local and wide area play. They could be doing other things as well as multiplayer, the PSP architecture is probably quite different to PS2 so they may be having a hard time getting things to run well on it.

Or they could just be being mean devil.gif

Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2005 - 04:42 PM

wow, yall are pretty stupid. the original projected release date was 3rd quarter 2005. nothings changed.

yon321
  • yon321

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 March 2005 - 05:00 PM

I can't wait for GTA:PSP but i'm not bothered about the delay cos i've got a big list of games i want at the moment such as Resident Evil 4, Oddworld Strangers Wrath, Star Wars Republic Commando, Predator Concrete Jungle and loads more.

bloodyskies
  • bloodyskies

lick my Ballers

• Members

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:07 AM

Hopefully the delay is so that R* North can do the game, rather than R* Leeds, because quite frankly, their record isn't good - GTA Advance and Max Payne Advance? Come on!

rootman
  • rootman

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 March 2005 - 02:46 PM

hey cmon now, have u even played gta advanced? i admit it isnt like the console versions of the past games but it was still a good game. its betta than not having a gta gba game at all.

the otha thing i wanted to know about is what was said about the gameplay as one guy i think his name is terry donovan and he's like the take 2 president, well he said that the gta psp game will be quite different from what the fans would expect it to be and that it would have complimentary gameplay..........what does he mean by that complimentary gameplay? cos if its gona turn out like a diff game in the same vein as metal gear acid and base it all on a card based system it will suck.

gtapsp
  • gtapsp

GTAPSP

• Members

Posted 14 March 2005 - 07:20 PM

HAHA GTA PSP:Card Edition. Thats Funny-----------but Hey, they did make Metal Gear Acid into a Card game......LOL Now im scared

dex
  • dex

Joint Post War Crew

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (bloodyskies @ Mar 13 2005, 18:07)
Hopefully the delay is so that R* North can do the game, rather than R* Leeds, because quite frankly, their record isn't good - GTA Advance and Max Payne Advance? Come on!

Well, considering Rockstar North made all the PS2 3D games, and the latter made all the handheld games, maybe you just like the PS2 games. Its not the company.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users