Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 03 March 2005 - 08:59 AM

The idea of this topic is if you find a product(s) that deals with modding a case, then feel free to post it. You can post a link to an online store and or a review page or even the product maker's page.

This is NOT for posting images or links to cases that were modded by someone. So no pics of the BBQ PC or the Millenium Falcon PC.

So on that note; here's a few things I found that I think look pretty damn cool
Thermaltake TrueLight Memory Heat Spreader - as the name implies it's a heatsink for ram but with LEDs that light up and have 8 different modes. Here is a site with a review, the second page shows you what all of the 8 different modes in action look like. The 6th one down, if the LEDs were red it would remind me of the Cylons on the original Battlestar Galatica series

Ultra X-Connect 500Watt ATX Modular Power Supply - Blue w/UV Orange - couple things I like about this PSU, besides the wattage, is cables are pre-sleeved for a nice neat look plus you connect only the ones you really need. The other thing I like the look, they have 3 total, is that the orange just make it look it's on fire.

MGE Magnum - massive PSU. 500watts or 600watts and billed as "Ultra Silent". No specs yet and I haven't found any reviews of it as of yet or even anyone selling it, but it was at CES 2005 so hopefully soon.

Devyl
  • Devyl

Wait; I have a .GIF for that.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 March 2005 - 03:11 PM

One that I've started using as of late is the Logisys L.E.D. lighting. I prefer it over cold cathode for a few reasons.

1) If you touch it after it's been on a while, it will not be warm.

2) you can't break these guys as easily

3) you can make it do crazy stuff.

Another thing I use is, believe it or not... Sally Hansen "Nail Prisms" nail polish. I use it for painting small things and the cool thing is this is the color changing paint. Comes in a wide variety of shifting-colors. I use the "Lapis Amethyst" which changes from light blue to dark blue to purple for accents on & in my case & whatnot.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:47 PM

Any good case modder loves rounded cables for a cleaner look plus better air flow. You've seen the standard rounded cables with soild colors and translucate, and more and more you start to see the UV cables. This one how ever is a new one for me. The ones comes with it's own cable of light wrapped around inside
Link Depot Corp ELATA-18-RED-3

Majestic
  • Majestic

dirty commie

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 March 2005 - 10:41 PM

Pfttt.... First thing that any modder should buy is a dremel!

crazy1stgamer2nd
  • crazy1stgamer2nd

Crazy and proud

• Members

Posted 03 March 2005 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Majestic @ Mar 3 2005, 16:41)
Pfttt.... First thing that any modder should buy is a dremel!

amen.
Casemodgod.com
casemodgod.com/forums

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2005 - 11:23 AM

For those that want great CPU cooling and a quiet PC, yet don't want to go to water cooling
Thermaltake Sonic Tower Fanless 4 In 1 Cooler CL-P0071

BroDan
  • BroDan

Jesus Saves!

• Zaibatsu

Posted 11 March 2005 - 01:04 PM

Wolf that Orange PSU you posted is wicked, I think im gonna buy that, I only just replaced my PSU after it blew but under warrenty but that looks so cool its worth a buy, I want to make my case tidy, its ok atm but could be better.

Devyl
  • Devyl

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 11 March 2005 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (wolf68k @ Mar 11 2005, 11:23)
For those that want great CPU cooling and a quiet PC, yet don't want to go to water cooling

That thing looks wicked but heavy... I'm still kinda nervous about moving my pc b/c the heatsink weighs like 2 lbs. How much does that one weigh?

Majestic
  • Majestic

dirty commie

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 March 2005 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (Devyl @ Mar 11 2005, 09:42)
QUOTE (wolf68k @ Mar 11 2005, 11:23)

That thing looks wicked but heavy... I'm still kinda nervous about moving my pc b/c the heatsink weighs like 2 lbs. How much does that one weigh?

lmao! Take my advice, dont buy thermaltake products. They might look good, but its are always crap.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2005 - 04:17 PM Edited by wolf68k, 11 March 2005 - 04:33 PM.

According to Oxoxide.com
Weight: 692g, 24.43oz
My converter translate that to around 1.5lbs, kind of surprising from it's looks.

I found a review here

@Majestic
My Thermaltake Volcano 12 is running perfectly, the only difference between my temperature results and the ones I've read in reviews is that my room temperature is a number of degrees higher.
One thing I have noticed is that the reviews I've read on it list it as being an average of 38C at idle and up to 45C under load and with the fan at full. Compared to my result of running the fan at around 5000RPM (max for my results is 6000RPM) is 44-46C idle (depending on the time of year and 48C under load. Doesn't sound like crap to me.
My stock heatsink and fan was 57C idle and up to 65C under load.
I should note for "load" for me is not a benchmark program known to creating a load, just really long seasons of game play, and the room temp raised atleast 4 degrees during that time. But since I'll be willing to bet that's good enough for you, I'll download and run the same benchmark programs used in most reviews of heatsinks and post my results.

Devyl
  • Devyl

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 March 2005 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (wolf68k @ Mar 11 2005, 16:17)
According to Oxoxide.com
My converter translate that to around 1.5lbs, kind of surprising from it's looks.

I found a review here

@Majestic
My Thermaltake Volcano 12 is running perfectly, the only difference between my temperature results and the ones I've read in reviews is that my room temperature is a number of degrees higher.
One thing I have noticed is that the reviews I've read on it list it as being an average of 38C at idle and up to 45C under load and with the fan at full. Compared to my result of running the fan at around 5000RPM (max for my results is 6000RPM) is 44-46C idle (depending on the time of year and 48C under load. Doesn't sound like crap to me.
I should note for "load" for me is not a benchmark program known to creating a load, just really long seasons of game play, and the room temp raised atleast 4 degrees during that time. But since I'll be willing to bet that's good enough for you, I'll download and run the same benchmark programs used in most reviews of heatsinks and post my results.

interesting, my AMD 64 3000+ with a Thermaltake Venus 12 runs 36c idle, 39-40 load. That's with the fan @ 2,100 +/- 200 rpm

Majestic
  • Majestic

dirty commie

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:33 AM Edited by Majestic, 12 March 2005 - 06:40 AM.

QUOTE (wolf68k @ Mar 11 2005, 12:17)
According to Oxoxide.com

I found a review here

@Majestic

And for the love of god, XOXIDE?!!!!?!?11
They suck for selling TT products smile.gif

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2005 - 12:24 PM Edited by wolf68k, 12 March 2005 - 12:34 PM.

@Devyl
Venus 12? Never heard of those.
What is the room temp where the PC is at?
The hotter the room, the harder it'll be for the heatsink to cool because the air it's using is hot already.

//edit
I just looked up the Venus 12. From what I can see it's exactly like the Volcano 12 but designed better for the AMD 64 chips.
Both use 3 types of fan speed control.
I use the control that goes in the front, but because I don't have an open 3.5 bay I took the knob and controller of the mount and drilled a hole in a blank 5.25 bay face plate. Sometimes I wish I had use the PCI controller instead because I sometimes bump the knob and either blast the fan or turn it all the way down.

@Majestic
I don't care how well they sell a product, it was just the first site I found that listed the wieght. Whether it's accurate or not I don't know since TT's site doesn't list it at all.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:28 AM

Sunbeam Tech's LED Screws
Kind of cool way to help set off the LED fan you've got running. Just replace the standard screws with ones that light up. Red, blue or green

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:54 AM

i think its about time to start thinkin out of the box, start at your local princess auto.

Screw those little fans, these may not be quiet, but they move a hell of a lot of air

user posted image

Micro LED strobe light? BORING, how about a 135k candle power strobe

user posted image

last time i was in there, i also saw chrome braided steel engine hose covers, that would make all your computer wires shine like diamonds tounge.gif

BobTheHob
  • BobTheHob

Forum FreeBSD Guru

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:28 AM

http://www.virtual-hideout.net
thats the best modding site you will ever find, and the reason I posted it is because they have enough links to stores to keep you busy for years.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:19 AM

Nice initiative, wolf.

Just dropping a few links; www.frozencpu.com, if I lived in America I would be all over this site, www.bit-tech.net, awesome site for inspiration and help.

I don't see how CPU cooling and PSU's have anything to do with casemodding, though...
~az

bit_hell
  • bit_hell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 02:41 PM

why the hell is everyone stealing my ideas :@

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2005 - 04:48 PM Edited by wolf68k, 27 April 2005 - 04:51 PM.

This topic IS NOT about modding. It's about mod products.
If you find something new and/or different from the normal mod products, then post a link for it either from the maker's site or from a site that sells it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users