Photo

[Other] MI forum Skin

6 replies to this topic
sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 26 February 2005 - 06:47 PM

some people have said we needed boards on myriadislands.com. This was for many reasons rejected, but there is an alternative. Why not set this section of the forums to use a myriad skin, such that it looks as if it is part of the myriadislans.com website for people getting here from there, but still gets trafic flow from the gtaf crowd?

As Jack Handey put it: "How 'bout it, science?"

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 February 2005 - 06:50 PM

A while ago I was thinking about doing this after the NYCC one was released. We could even force users to see it when they enter the MI sub-forum like you say.

I think its a nice addition if we could get enough people to help out with it.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2005 - 06:54 PM

Forcing skins onto people would just piss them off, like when the GTAVC one used to be forced onto everyone in that area. Making an MI skin which can be choosen the same as the NYCC skins and so on is an idea, although the corporate blues really do not make it much different to the GTAnet2k4 v1.3 and lite skins anyway. The other factor is that every time a new skin is made, it requires more work for the admin staff every time they want to make a change to the boards which requires altering the content or coding of the pages. Therefore I do not think they would be happy about yet another skin unless it was radically different to the existing ones.

I can't speak on their behalf, of course, this is just piecing together the things they were saying to me during the development of Conventional.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 26 February 2005 - 06:59 PM Edited by Snow Racer, 26 February 2005 - 07:02 PM.

I didn't read what cerb said but I had this idea too and before NYCC skin released.

illy not online = no skin
::edit
it will be easy to replace images... no coding crap...

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 February 2005 - 06:59 PM

Yep about forcing this upon them was a joke, although I quite liked the VC skin in the VC area. Yes you are correct about when changes are made, them all having to be made to each skin which is a tedious task. It would have to be passed by the admins which may in itself be a tough task for the reasons you mentioned. Alas I still think it would be a nice addition as this mod was made possible by GTAForums.com

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:04 PM

I was thinking the same thing but come to think of it i don't really think it needs one. There is a big banner up the top witch gives the meassage

JoaoBio
  • JoaoBio

Ubuntu Linux!

• Members

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:09 PM

Yeah i thought in this too when the nycc skin was realesed... Anyway If you want help with graphics i can happilly help you building this one... tounge.gif feel free to add my msn if you this is going ahead... smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users