Photo

GTA:PSP Official Release Date

5 replies to this topic
shangrula
  • shangrula

digitial cuuunt

• Members

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:46 PM

Great news, 15th April has now been confirmed (at SPoNG) as a US release date for GTA:PSP

http://news.spong.com/x?art=8333

Rockstar’s sales team in the US has seemingly let slip the release date of the as-yet untitled GTA offering for Sony’s PlayStation Portable, giving the game an April 15 release date.

The date is for the US only and now resides on various American retail and games sites as a permanent fixture, good news for Sony as it struggles to furnish its wonderful debut handheld with quality, must-have software.

Nothing is known of PSP Grand Theft Auto, other than it will be set in Liberty City and will follow on in the free-roaming third-person 3D styles of the last three offerings.

SPOnG expects some solid info to be offered by Rockstar within the week. We’ll let you know as soon as something more substantial is available.

And some news in a week or so, wicked! biggrin.gif Plus this news sotry is old (14th Feb) so we will be getting info ANY DAY NOW... Even if they hold back on the news it's still only 9 or so weeks away, WoOp!

This will definatly help PSP sales, well at least by one anyway biggrin.gif smile.gif

the-rule-breaker
  • the-rule-breaker

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:10 PM

cool,how about the release date in europe?

shangrula
  • shangrula

digitial cuuunt

• Members

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:30 PM

septembr - christmas. the PSP has been delayed untill sony see fit, which means to me it'll be christmas.

but you dont want a european PSP anyway, the US one will be cheaper, games are cheaper, games come out sooner and the psp comes out sooner...

Once again europeans get shafted

JulioCaesar
  • JulioCaesar

I rock your cock.

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 06:24 AM

You guys honestly believe SPOnG? They post bogus crap by the barrel-full, and I would know, because I OWN a barrel. rah.gif

Seriously, I allways read those news storires at gamespot.com, and whenever a article from SPoNG is brought up, its allways confrimed as being not true.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 25 February 2005 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (shangrula @ Feb 23 2005, 15:30)
septembr - christmas. the PSP has been delayed untill sony see fit, which means to me it'll be christmas.

but you dont want a european PSP anyway, the US one will be cheaper, games are cheaper, games come out sooner and the psp comes out sooner...

Once again europeans get shafted

I haven't heard anything about there being any form of region protection on games so far, so the way I see it, you should be able to buy a US PSP and play UK games on it. On another hand, maybe Sony thinks that they can address the square issue, which would make it worth it to wait for the European version of PSP. I'd certainly import one from UK if the European PSP had less deffects and could run US games, even if it means waiting for a few more months and paying some extra $$$.

gtaneedsmorejets
  • gtaneedsmorejets

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 07:27 PM

Us canandains would like to know our release date for our contry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users