MTA bot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic
chaozz
  • chaozz

MTA bot v0.2

• Members

Posted 22 February 2005 - 03:05 PM

i am working on a bot for the multiplayer mod MTA for VC and GTA3. this bot tries to simulate a normal user, and could be a fun addon for clanserver (for some form of interaction or general fun)

the version that is available for download is a beta, and therefor not yet finished. the final version will probably move more fluently, and look more human, by also using the mouse. something that does not yet work in this beta.

the bot can already
- talk/chat
- respawn
- shoot/club
- jump
- make screenshots

and ofcourse walk in 4 directions.. a bit bot-like for now. tounge2.gif

well, test it out, and tell me what i should add.
download: http://www.chaozz.nl...x.php?fileid=19

muppetmaster
  • muppetmaster

Complete Disaster™

• Members

Posted 22 February 2005 - 03:27 PM Edited by DJ muppetmaster, 22 February 2005 - 07:06 PM.

Very nice indeed biggrin.gif
I can't see why you were banned, but don't get me started on MTA, suicidal.gif , Well anyway god job, does the bot "know" when it has collided with or a wall or something? Or does it have a set path to follow?
This does seem like it would make servers a lot more fun
colgate.gif

chaozz
  • chaozz

MTA bot v0.2

• Members

Posted 22 February 2005 - 03:36 PM

thanks puppetmaster.

it doesn't have collision detection. it walks randomly. so for now, it just walks into about anything. maybe a futher version could read the map, or you location on it. that would really be cool..

for now, it's just random stuff it does. but still sometimes creating crazy situations or dialogs tounge.gif

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

Dud dats not gas, dats a chikn.

• Members

Posted 22 February 2005 - 04:41 PM

neat, i just had VCES ganging up against a bot running into a wall tounge.gif

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• None

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:33 PM

Chances are this topic will be locked/deleted as far as I know. MTA bots are a form of cheating in multiplayer, if you're extra lucky, you might get banned from here and not just MTA's forums confused.gif .

MTA and GTAForums might not be the closest of communities, but I don't think this is allowed.

The topic that once exited about GTA:LC through an MTA hack soon got locked.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (By Smithers Posted on Feb 22 2005 @ 18:33)
bots are a form of cheating in multiplayer

I'll second that. Let's take Counter-Strike for example, anyone caught using an 'aimbot' (automatically aims for opponent's heads) gets banned from servers since it's unfair play, and it is easy to spot someone who is using one.

Samutz
  • Samutz

if ($lol) { die(rofl()); }

• Members

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:54 PM

This doesn't sound like that kind of bot to me. There are also bots for counter-strike that are used for computer competition. I myself have podbot for cs installed to play with/against.
However, if this bot is being developed for computer competition, it should also be made so that only the person running the server can add/manage the bot(s) (same way podbot works). If it's being made for cheating purposes, then shame on you. =P

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:05 PM

The bots for Counter-Strike can't be used by clients, but if this MTA bot is released then it will be used by clients.

Azkoyen
  • Azkoyen

Pixie Headed Freak

• Members

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:14 PM

This isn't an aimbot so everyone keep your pants on. It's a bot in the same way that Quake 3 had bots. It's a replacement for a player, and bots are cool. They're unmissable as well, so I wouldn't worry about people using them to cheat. I doubt the people at MTA will object to this either. In fact, I'd be bloody surprised and someone saddened if they did object confused.gif

So, let this continue as it is, and the nay sayers, be hush. The guy wrote a bot. That's not an easy thing to do.

chaozz
  • chaozz

MTA bot v0.2

• Members

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:52 PM Edited by chaozz, 22 February 2005 - 09:56 PM.

thanx azkoyen... you've said it cool.gif

as for the people that tried it, thanks. i am still working out the mouse movements. if i get that done, it will be hard to tell it from a (stupid) human user. so i will keep you guys up to date on development...

neat, i just had VCES ganging up against a bot running into a wall tounge.gif

lol! screenshot! biggrin.gif tounge.gif

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 23 February 2005 - 06:10 PM

The reason i dont think that this will be approved by MTA players/community is that all other released bots, were super-bots that couldnt be killed and could protect the client, also get in same car as client, and kill all the other players on the server confused.gif . -IHTS

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 23 February 2005 - 06:11 PM

The reason i dont think that this will be approved by MTA players/community is that all other released bots, were super-bots that couldnt be killed and could protect the client, also get in same car as client, and kill all the other players on the server confused.gif . -IHTS

chaozz
  • chaozz

MTA bot v0.2

• Members

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:51 PM Edited by chaozz, 23 February 2005 - 08:57 PM.

QUOTE (ImHereToStay @ Feb 23 2005, 18:11)
The reason i dont think that this will be approved by MTA players/community is that all other released bots, were super-bots that couldnt be killed and could protect the client, also get in same car as client, and  kill all the other players on the server confused.gif .     -IHTS

if the bot could not get killed, you would have to cheat. and if there is something is do not approve off, it's cheating. i think you guys have the wrong idea of this 'bot' thing.

this bot is nothing more then random keystrokes being send to the active window. with this method you could automize typing a letter in Microsoft Word, do an automatic calculation on the Calculator, or send the movement keys of Tommy Vercetti to vice city.

it just moves and does the other things a user can, like jumping and shooting. there is no IA there. and even more, it's just like any other user KILL-ABLE. so stop saying that it could cheat, because it can NOT! you would have to install cheats, to cheat in MTA, like you can do now.

please read before you judge. sneaky2.gif

EDIT: today I got an email of the admin/owner of there server on which the MTA bot screenshots where taken. the e-mail content was:

I got to my attention that you have an bot for MTA, so i watch your home page (got it from #MTA)
I see ##### on all your pictures shoing the bot.. Please remove thoose A.S.A.P.
or blur the ##### text.

If you dont comply i will try ban you from every server i know.. just a warning that its many of them..

// ###, Administrator of #####

This kind of emails really put me down. If this is the attitude with which programmers have to deal, then I am quitting. You can't beat a user that judges you and thinks he knows it all. What can I do? I am as open as I can be.. I have explained how it works OVER AND OVER again. angry.gif

I have not released the source, because of the paranoia of the MTA team.

And now this.. an admin (of my favorite server) sends me this.. pisses me off.. angry.gif

h*ll, i dunno...

Pagnell
  • Pagnell

a.k.a. petebog

• Members

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:26 PM

The world is full of idiots chaozz, don't let it put you off working on this. It looks like a fun little toy. biggrin.gif

chaozz
  • chaozz

MTA bot v0.2

• Members

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:31 AM

thanks pagnell, for the heads up. i needed that.

i also sorted out the disagreement i had with the server admin, so it's all good again.

The_Grudge
  • The_Grudge

» The_Grudge «

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:47 AM

I´ve blacklisted you on Ankeborgs Playground....

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:53 AM

Oh for f*cks sake!

This is obviously a bot designed to allow people to practice or to fill in the gaps on private servers. He has openly admitted that everything it does is random. If someone did end up using it on a public server, it wouldn't have a hope. It's not an aimbot, it's not any sort of player enhancer, it's a bot that runs around like a player.

So, stop acting like this is going to be a big threat to your precious servers. God knows this bot is probably smarter than the people thinking it's a threat dozingoff.gif

Dalpura
  • Dalpura

• Members

Posted 24 February 2005 - 10:17 AM

Simulant is probably a better word for it, to help the people of lesser intelligence grasp what it actually is. Nice work chaozz, a good idea indeed. smile.gif

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

• Members

Posted 24 February 2005 - 10:18 AM

For f*cks sake indeed!
It's a bot that moves around randomly and does random things. The only harm it can do is if someone edits the chat file to put offensive stuff in!

chaozz
  • chaozz

MTA bot v0.2

• Members

Posted 24 February 2005 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (The_Grudge @ Feb 24 2005, 09:47)

thats funny. i just played there tonight, and i have a good understanding with the admin of that server, and it's not you. he knows about the bot. so if you threatnen me, you better do your homework.

the rest of you all, thanks. version 0.3 is in development and will be much improved in configurability..

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 09:46 AM

Nice, you metaphorically pissed on his bonfire.

The_Grudge
  • The_Grudge

» The_Grudge «

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (chaozz @ Feb 24 2005, 22:27)
QUOTE (The_Grudge @ Feb 24 2005, 09:47)

thats funny. i just played there tonight, and i have a good understanding with the admin of that server, and it's not you. he knows about the bot. so if you threatnen me, you better do your homework.

the rest of you all, thanks. version 0.3 is in development and will be much improved in configurability..

I am KarzaNio (The admin)
And sry for the blacklisting thing, I thought that it was a aimbot or something like that. But now I know.

chaozz
  • chaozz

MTA bot v0.2

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (The_Grudge @ Feb 25 2005, 12:32)
I am KarzaNio (The admin)
And sry for the blacklisting thing, I thought that it was a aimbot or something like that. But now I know.

It's ok I guess. sarcasm.gif

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (chaozz @ Feb 23 2005, 21:51)
QUOTE (ImHereToStay @ Feb 23 2005, 18:11)
The reason i dont think that this will be approved by MTA players/community is that all other released bots, were super-bots that couldnt be killed and could protect the client, also get in same car as client, and  kill all the other players on the server confused.gif .     -IHTS

if the bot could not get killed, you would have to cheat. and if there is something is do not approve off, it's cheating. i think you guys have the wrong idea of this 'bot' thing.

this bot is nothing more then random keystrokes being send to the active window. with this method you could automize typing a letter in Microsoft Word, do an automatic calculation on the Calculator, or send the movement keys of Tommy Vercetti to vice city.

it just moves and does the other things a user can, like jumping and shooting. there is no IA there. and even more, it's just like any other user KILL-ABLE. so stop saying that it could cheat, because it can NOT! you would have to install cheats, to cheat in MTA, like you can do now.

please read before you judge. sneaky2.gif

EDIT: today I got an email of the admin/owner of there server on which the MTA bot screenshots where taken. the e-mail content was:

I got to my attention that you have an bot for MTA, so i watch your home page (got it from #MTA)
I see ##### on all your pictures shoing the bot.. Please remove thoose A.S.A.P.
or blur the ##### text.

If you dont comply i will try ban you from every server i know.. just a warning that its many of them..

// ###, Administrator of #####

This kind of emails really put me down. If this is the attitude with which programmers have to deal, then I am quitting. You can't beat a user that judges you and thinks he knows it all. What can I do? I am as open as I can be.. I have explained how it works OVER AND OVER again. angry.gif

I have not released the source, because of the paranoia of the MTA team.

And now this.. an admin (of my favorite server) sends me this.. pisses me off.. angry.gif

h*ll, i dunno...

I wasnt saying this was a cheatbot, i said that all released bots so far have been cheat bots. Not talking about yours, duh.

timmy2004
  • timmy2004

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 March 2005 - 07:50 AM Edited by timmy2004, 01 March 2005 - 07:59 AM.

This is so cool, I'm thinking of making a 'bot' (highly intellegent bodyguard) not for MTA, just an intellegent bot that can handle things in Vice City offline.
Anyway, great work, a large amount of people have thought that he's a real player.

-Sweden pwns you.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 March 2005 - 08:18 AM Edited by Gangsta Killa, 01 March 2005 - 08:23 AM.

Wow certainly sounds a cool idea, I know me and my mates have got bored before, taking on an army of bots is a cool idea.

Why is everyone so against the bot, omg its a bot. But I dare say it has more intellience then the people so afraid against it.

Edit:
I'd advise you not to release the source code either. People could edit it and turn it into a cheat bot. Another idea is to only allow the server to run the bot, and it can't be turned on via clients.

muppetmaster
  • muppetmaster

Complete Disaster™

• Members

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (Gangsta Killa @ Mar 1 2005, 08:18)

Edit:
I'd advise you not to release the source code either. People could edit it and turn it into a cheat bot. Another idea is to only allow the server to run the bot, and it can't be turned on via clients.

Did you not read what he said? It works only with simulated keystrokes.
To make it a cheatbot, the code wouldn't even be of any use to them, and they would have to code new parts completely from scratch, there is nothing malicious about the bot at all.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:30 PM

Why is the bot running into things ? If it's scripted as an actor, it should always follow pedestrian paths automatically.

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

• Members

Posted 17 March 2005 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Mar 17 2005, 12:30)
Why is the bot running into things ? If it's scripted as an actor, it should always follow pedestrian paths automatically.

..what?

It's just a random program that presses random keys..

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2005 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (Azkoyen @ Feb 22 2005, 20:14)
This isn't an aimbot so everyone keep your pants on.  It's a bot in the same way that Quake 3 had bots.  It's a replacement for a player, and bots are cool.  They're unmissable as well, so I wouldn't worry about people using them to cheat.  I doubt the people at MTA will object to this either.  In fact, I'd be bloody surprised and someone saddened if they did object confused.gif

So, let this continue as it is, and the nay sayers, be hush.  The guy wrote a bot.  That's not an easy thing to do.
Actually, the MTA team are weirdly anti-modifying for a team of modifiers. Things should be opening up a little in the future and they are developing a new core (currently named "Blue") which will support modding, so they are heading in the right direction. Slowly. Their leading members have always been interested in supporting modifications but have decided not to in order to make the game more stable and less easy to cheat with. Personally, I think they should be completely open about the way they develop it and then anyone who does not want to cheat can just join a sever where the admins do not allow cheaters. Cheaters could then cheat with each other and modifiers could work on amazing multiplayer mods together.

People could even write bots to fight against the bots made by other people...like an online Robot Wars or something. All these possible innovations are being held back by the team to try and prevent cheating, which is always going to be inevitable and isn't really their responsibility anyway, imho.

Chaozz, hope you don't mind me ranting about this in your thread. I suspect you share the same point of view, don't you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users