Speculation

11 replies to this topic
oysterbarron
  • oysterbarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2005 - 02:25 PM

PSP also comes equipped with diverse input/output connectors such as USB 2.0, and 802.11b (Wi-Fi) wireless LAN, providing connectivity to various devices in the home and to the wireless network outside. The world of gaming is further enhanced by enabling users to enjoy online gaming, or by connecting multiple PSPs to each other, directly via the wireless network. In addition, software and data can be downloaded through a USB or wireless network onto Memory Stickô PRO Duo. All of these features can be enjoyed on one single system.

After hearing that the psp was going to have Wi-Fi 802.11 i decided to look it up and see what it was about. If you didnt know this allready most Wi-Fi devices offer a 54mb's speed. Which may be enough to give GTA3PSP multiplayer.

When Rockstar has been asked about multiplayer they say it was not possible due to the lack of bandwidth on an online server but with this kind of speed they surley would be able to have a psp-psp multiplayer Wouldnt it?

NeGaTiVe.
  • NeGaTiVe.

DeeeeeeJaaaay

• Members

Posted 21 February 2005 - 06:16 PM

You see, the problem is that some countries don't have WiFi at all. I'm talking not only about countries in Asia ( tounge.gif ) but about Russia and Ukriane.. Here in Ukraine, we don't have WiFi anywhere, that sucks. So I'd prefer USB if R* were going to make multiplayer.

magical_trevor
  • magical_trevor

Propaganda Inc.

• Members

Posted 21 February 2005 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (NeGaTiVe. @ Feb 21 2005, 18:16)
You see, the problem is that some countries don't have WiFi at all. I'm talking not only about countries in Asia ( tounge.gif ) but about Russia and Ukriane.. Here in Ukraine, we don't have WiFi anywhere, that sucks. So I'd prefer USB if R* were going to make multiplayer.

Does Wi-fi require a server to act as a go-between, or could two PSPs connect with nothing in between? cos if no server is required, then surely it doesn't matter if some countries don't have wi-fi, cos all you'd have to do is find a friend with a PSP

shangrula
  • shangrula

digitial cuuunt

• Members

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:37 PM

with the psp I think you can do both so if there is multiplayer then you can play in antartica if you feel the need.

gtapsp
  • gtapsp

GTAPSP

• Members

Posted 23 February 2005 - 07:30 AM

just to let u know the PSP has 802.11b-----Which is 10Mbs, Not 54Mbs.. (Thats 802.11g)

oysterbarron
  • oysterbarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:11 AM

Cheers boy for correcting me Yes it is possible to connect two three or six psp's together without the need for a server. and also 10mbs is still about 20 times quicker than a adsl modem working at 500kbs. for those who dont know what im tallking about is
adsl modem download speed- 500kbs
psp modem download speed- 10000kbs

and thats a hell of alot more bandwidth

shangrula
  • shangrula

digitial cuuunt

• Members

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:37 PM

two, three or six? were they random numbers or are they the only combination of players possible when playing locally?

gtapsp
  • gtapsp

GTAPSP

• Members

Posted 24 February 2005 - 01:22 AM

just to tell u guys.......
That even if GTA PSP isn't online, but has multiplayer capibility there accually might be a way to play it online. I can't say if it will work 100% or even at all but there is a way. http://www.teamxlink.co.uk You can use your wireless connector or wirelss router to connect to people. It's difficult to explain but check the site out. It's great. You can use it to play PS2/XBOX/GC/PSP online using lan. Basicly it fools the system to think is directly connected on a Lan.

Example: Halo 1 cannot be played online---but can be play via Lan---With this software you can Play Halo online. (Xbox live is not needed---So all Xbox games are free)

Also the way to setup is in the March 2005 editon of PSM(for Grand Trismo 4 but will work for other systems/games).
If your lost just check out their site

OC Noob
  • OC Noob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 February 2005 - 06:44 PM

Man, I hope there will be something like Xboxconnect for PSP. I want to get that forgotten ledgends (think I got the name wrong), that RPG w/ 4 palyer multiplayer, but its only for play via WLAN over the same router.

None of my friends are getting a PSP (stupid jock type guys that don't even play RPGs) and I want to play mutliplayer.

If it doesn't online MP over the WLAN then I'll be stuck playing alone.

So far it seems only a few racing games will support online multiplayer.

Lets keep our fingers crossed for PSP connect:D

shangrula
  • shangrula

digitial cuuunt

• Members

Posted 24 February 2005 - 10:15 PM

I think if they had a multiplayer option it wouldn't be restricted to local play, it seems pointless to even think it would have that sort of restriction. If they did then it would be becase of lag so even a mod to get it available via WAN wouldn't help.

I think we'll have to stick with whatever we're given, which will hopefully be exactly what we want, 32 player rampages biggrin.gif

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• None

Posted 25 February 2005 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE (NeGaTiVe. @ Feb 21 2005, 18:16)

You don't need a hotspot if you want to play against someone within 10-25 meters of you. Not even in Ukraine. And if you have a PC with i-net connection, you can make it into your own hotspot for less than $50 USD.

oysterbarron
  • oysterbarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2005 - 04:49 PM

i have just read up on the psp site that the psp will have the ability to connect up to 16 other consoles heres the link http://www.us.playst...p/aboutpsp.aspx
now that would be cool

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users