Photo

Do u think gta psp will have bikes?

18 replies to this topic
choke the chicken
  • choke the chicken

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 February 2005 - 01:01 PM

Hopfully gta psp wont just be a remake of gta3. I would like 2 see being able 2 change clotes, eat and be able 2 work out and stuuf, and BIKES. Bikes would be so f****n cool. ridin around stauten in a pcj 600 or 500 wat ever its called.

Mush Mouth
  • Mush Mouth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 February 2005 - 02:01 PM

Nah, probally not.... Maby planes though.

zlognaut
  • zlognaut

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 February 2005 - 03:10 PM

im sure there is atleast bikes, motorbikes and helicopters.

shangrula
  • shangrula

digitial cuuunt

• Members

Posted 18 February 2005 - 05:20 PM

i'm sure they'll have bikes as people wouldn't be too impressed if the GTA:LC team did it and rockstar couldn't. flying vehicals might be a bit different as it depends on what view's well get to play with.

Biddy17
  • Biddy17

Tom Say's Hi

• Members

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:37 PM

Happy?----- can i ask you 1 question? how the.... are we supposed to know if its gonna have bikes??

we can hope it haves bikes, or hope it doesnt (if yu dont like them)

i would like to see bikes, but there is no way i could say wheteher i think there will be or not.
-----Happy?

Mush Mouth
  • Mush Mouth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2005 - 11:58 AM

I agree it would just be a waste of space.

JSAN ANDREAS
  • JSAN ANDREAS

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 February 2005 - 09:29 PM

I think they'll make LC better. Like they'll have the additions of SA and put it in the PSP version. Why would they de-evolve GTA just because it's going on the portable? They should try and attempt to make the game equal to PS2's SA.

rippa
  • rippa

Oh Noez!!!!11one1

• Members

Posted 27 February 2005 - 09:46 PM

I really hope they have bikes. They probably will.

CrazYFinGers
  • CrazYFinGers

All night long.

• Members

Posted 03 March 2005 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (JSAN ANDREAS @ Feb 27 2005, 21:29)
I think they'll make LC better. Like they'll have the additions of SA and put it in the PSP version. Why would they de-evolve GTA just because it's going on the portable? They should try and attempt to make the game equal to PS2's SA.

You gotta remember that a UMD(1.8gb) cannot hold as much data as a DVD(4.7gb), so they might not have planes, but they will have motorcycles and bikes - 100%... dontgetit.gif what if im wrong... rahkstar2.gif

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 03 March 2005 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (JSAN ANDREAS @ Feb 27 2005, 21:29)

Evolution doesn't necessaraly means progress twoards more complex, it is progress twoards more adapted. No matter what you do, you can't force all of the features of SA into PSP. The disc is smaller, there is less RAM, there is less video RAM, and I believe, the graphics chip isn't quite as powerfull as PS2's.

Back to evolution, even simply porting GTA3 over to PSP would be a major leap forward. However, I do not think that adding motorbikes and more aircrafts would hit the system too hard. As I mentioned before, the closest thing out there to what GTA: PSP is going to be like is GTA: LC. The main difference is that GTA: PSP will have lower resolution textures and lower detail models for vehicles and buildings.

hopelessMx6
  • hopelessMx6

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 March 2005 - 04:07 AM

Ive done my research and it seems that the psp version will be much like gta 3 except better graphics/gameplay/vehicles. the reaon it will be like gta3 the psp cant keep the drive running consantly like the ps2 so it cant read straight from the disk so it will load each area and mission of course. I also think the psp will have graphics that will be just as good ps2 and better becasue of the smaller screen.

Simon.
  • Simon.

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 04 March 2005 - 04:14 AM

The lower resolution textures and less detailed cars and buildings could free up some space. So it could have most the features of San Andreas. In conclusion I think it will have bikes.

CrazYFinGers
  • CrazYFinGers

All night long.

• Members

Posted 04 March 2005 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (hopelessMx6 @ Mar 4 2005, 04:07)
Ive done my research and it seems that the psp version will be much like gta 3 except better graphics/gameplay/vehicles. the reaon it will be like gta3 the psp cant keep the drive running consantly like the ps2 so it cant read straight from the disk so it will load each area and mission of course. I also think the psp will have graphics that will be just as good ps2 and better becasue of the smaller screen.

^^^^ This takes up alot of battery life... confused.gif

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:15 AM

Not as much as one might think. It will probably cut down the battery life from 3.5 hours to 2.5 hours. (rough estimate using bench testing data)

Besides, R* doesn't have much of a choice. They have to use streaming. There is no way they'll fit entire LC into RAM otherwise.

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 04 March 2005 - 05:52 PM

Airplanes do not really suit the Liberty City Map as it did San Andreas. However I think the bikes will fit in and possibly limited flight like the dodo and helicopters.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 04 March 2005 - 10:05 PM

I found a Dodo to be very usefull in GTA3. They where a b*tch to fly, but with some practice you could take off from just about any road and fly wherever you need to go without the cops bothering you. The biggest problem was that you could only get it in one place, and not all of the garages could have stored it, so it was often too far away to bother with getting it.

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:17 AM

Bikes will probably not be in the psp GTA, they will not fit in with GTA III, otherwise you should have been able to get a bike in GTA III

CrazYFinGers
  • CrazYFinGers

All night long.

• Members

Posted 07 March 2005 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (da gta master @ Mar 5 2005, 10:17)
Bikes will probably not be in the psp GTA, they will not fit in with GTA III, otherwise you should have been able to get a bike in GTA III

So what, you think they're just gonna put the GTA III game cd on a special computer that copies PS2 games to PSP games and release that... sneaky2.gif

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 07 March 2005 - 04:49 PM

I think that is pretty close to what they want to do. Of course, they actualy start out with the source, and not the compiled PS2 code, but thats details. Still, they'll probably use VC engine rather than GTA3 one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users