Photo

Attention Please!

56 replies to this topic
Azkoyen
  • Azkoyen

Pixie Headed Freak

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:23 PM

The Graphics forum has always had it's problems with elitist assholes. These are people who think they're the bees-freakin-knees at graphics, and love to shove it in peoples faces whenever they can. But, more than that, they love to verbally offend the people who try their hand at making images.

THIS WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED!

In future if I (or any of my stick weilding buddys) see ANYONE flame someone for the lack of skill in the graphics department, you'll get a one month temp ban. Nobody is exempt from this. If you don't believe me, just try me.

But Az, what exactly are you talking about?
Here's some examples from some recent threads:
QUOTE (Shifty)
f*ck off dickbag.

Everything about the above post is wrong.

QUOTE (ChibiMAK)
...the worst n00b pixel art I've ever seen, even peirce puts you to shame, dumb bitch.

Saying a piece is terrible to your eyes is fine. Calling someone a 'dumb bitch' cause you don't like their work is NOT fine.

QUOTE (ChibiMAK)
*vomits*

that's all.

That is not criticism, that's offensive spam.

Basically, I want the Graphics forum to turn from the Elite Hell it is today into a pleasant and helpful place to be. If someone posts something horrible, or newbish, by all means tell them what you think of the piece, but do it in a way that is innoffensive. If you don't agree with this rule, I'll give you a month to think about it.

To all the people who are helpful and give worthy criticism, thank you very much for putting Quality time into this sub-forum. We the staff appreciate your efforts. Sadly, one or two wankers have damn near ruined the place.

High Voltage
  • High Voltage

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:29 PM

Way to go, azkoy.

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Uncle Dysfunktional

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:47 PM

/me jumps behind Az softly patting stick on hand!

Well put, Az. It's actually shame this elitism exists as I believe there are some very talented people at Gtaforums. The 2 mentioned in examples are exactly who I'm talking about and it's a shame to see these type of posts.

The need to add an albeit mild flame at the end of some pretty scything crit is not needed at all and after this post won't be tolerated.

Come on chaps. I know you are all decent guys and this isn't worth getting banned for is it?

ZeroBomb
  • ZeroBomb

Death to the False Emperor

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:53 PM

I think you'd have a heart attack if Vegas was still here biggrin.gif

Rule sounds good to me.

Hype
  • Hype

The one and only

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 03:29 PM

hi Azkoyen, long time no see wink.gif

DiVaio
  • DiVaio

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 04:21 PM

A good way to protect the weak souls in society smile.gif You might wanna pin this.

Long Haired Freaky Guy
  • Long Haired Freaky Guy

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Azkoyen @ Feb 16 2005, 14:23)
QUOTE (ChibiMAK)
*vomits*

that's all.

That's the one that caught my attention, and just proved that some of the vets on the forum think they are better then everyone else. But what they need to figure out is that they weren't so great back at the start, but over time they improved.

Spyttle.cb
  • Spyttle.cb

Papa Roach

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 04:39 PM

Finaly, we have all seen the problem believe me good job!

VideoPoker
  • VideoPoker

Boss

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:34 PM

Shifty said "f*ck off dickbag" because the member posted an image in another personís topic. He could have said it in a nicer way but he was just trying to get the person to stop hijacking topics and make their own.

Ah well, hopefully there won't be assloads of people posting pieces the spent no time on expecting cheery comments because of the new rules.

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:38 PM

user posted image

Good one az. I hope this will even more narrow down the negativity around here.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 16 February 2005 - 06:51 PM

Pinned so people know they might get banndedededededed. smile.gif

Left open for questions or points to be made.

Tenacious Gaming
  • Tenacious Gaming

Parkour 4 life

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 08:22 PM

I think this is a very good rule because i have have had some bad answers to my posts in the past for an example last night i got this -

i was try in to help bigs out on some other graphics programs and this is the answer i got off moto

Do you morons actually think he could list every f*cking program out there? Seriously, who gives a sh*t? It's not the program, it's the artist.

And, for the record, Inventor is not a graphics program, in the sense that it could be used to create renders able to be used in graphics. It lakes the ability to render, it's purely for design visualization

I wouldn't mind the second bit about inventor because that was what needed to be said but the first sentence was a good example of a bad attitude.

Moto
  • Moto

Frat.

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 08:26 PM

...and rules like this is exactly why the newer generation of GTAF graphics makers will never be as good as those "eletist assholes".

ISd3d
  • ISd3d

My Brain Hurts

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 February 2005 - 08:51 PM

Azkoyen's post = Anyone with a sense of humor, will be banned. Great.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 February 2005 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (Tenacious Gaming @ Feb 16 2005, 20:22)
<snip>

Oh dear, call the admins, Moto swore.

Azkoyen
  • Azkoyen

Pixie Headed Freak

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:03 PM

Moto, you think treating people like sh*t makes them better at graphics? You're wrong. Try using your skill as a graphics head to TEACH these people how it's done. Hell, they might even start respecting you as a person, instead of fearing you as an asshole.

ISd3d, you misunderstand. Anyone with a sense of 'treat everyone like sh*t' will be banned. The same rules apply here as everywhere else on the forum. Don't act so surprised.

Moto
  • Moto

Frat.

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Azkoyen @ Feb 16 2005, 17:03)
Moto, you think treating people like sh*t makes them better at graphics?

It varies from person to person. You can't tell me that if we all sit around hugging the next lame f*ck coming in here is going to make him any better. And you have to know that most people aren't going to come here for the long run, so why not sift them out as early as possible? If they're serious about becoming better then they'll stay.

Pilate
  • Pilate

Big Homie

• The Precinct

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:12 PM

Moto he's not saying you have to suck off every new graphics kid but you can't tell them to f*ck off and die for something they were working on.
"That thing sucks. You spent no time on it. You put no thought in it. You lose. Go and find some more examples of that thing you were trying to do and try again. When you have something worth a damn, come back and post it."
^Thats a post that a new guy could see and think "Uhh. Well I suck at life. I'm gonna get better. I won't post examples until I do."

"You suck. That thing sucks. f*ck off."
^Thats not a post that helps any body.

This section of the forum has always been filled with such negativity and there is no need for it.
People suck. Not every one is naturally gifted with artistic talent. But that doesn't mean they cant try to learn.

Azkoyen
  • Azkoyen

Pixie Headed Freak

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:16 PM

Very well said Pilate, thank you.

Moto, read Pilates post.

Dakin
  • Dakin

N/A

• The Precinct

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:21 PM

I hope this works. smile.gif

Mewish
  • Mewish

Old School

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:28 PM

God damn I miss the good ole' days. And since when do you folk come into GFX anyway? In my opinion GFX should be like the user cars list at GTAzz. You get one chance to post something sub-par, but after that it's not posted. We would'nt be so harsh if people showed IMPROVEMENT. If MsNobody or whatever took all the damned advice people gave her and make something that didn't suck quite as hard as the last one she made then Chibbs wouldn't call her out on it. When did kissing ass make good graphics? We only bring out negativity to make ourselves known among the useless crits.

QUOTE (Cuban Warlord @ Sniper's pixel monstrosity)
I like the building. Good Job.

What in the f*ck does that do? I want to see meaningless bullsh*t posts like this deleted, and then we'll talk about negativity. Fear is a good learning method. If the circle-jerkers know that they'll get verbally raped if they post crap, then they'll either leave or improve, which is what we want.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:37 PM

Mew has a very good point.

Post with praise as shown in the example, are just as helpfull as telling someone to f*ck off.

Almost everything has something wrong with it, nothings perfect, there is always something to crit.

Its just how its put across.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:02 PM

I've been out with the flu, so I'm sorry for the late reply.

I can't help but say I agree with you.

Mewish
  • Mewish

Old School

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:10 PM

Why is it we aren't entitled to our opinions anymore? Communities don't have to be heavily censored and kiddie-handled. The only things that are traditionally supposed to be monitored in an internet forum are things that could get the site taken down (warez) and excessive spamming. Some people are naturally mean and hateful. So f*cking what? Az to be honest I'd like to know why you've been so militant as of recently, is the misses making you sleep on the couch? In all respect or whatever, what sharp metal object got up your collective asses? We know you're trying to do everything in the forum's best interests, but this new n00bcentric and overcensored attitude is not sitting well with many of the members that have watched this community grow from the early days.

Dr. Rotten
  • Dr. Rotten

[RotteN-BraiN]

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:55 PM Edited by Dr. Rotten, 17 February 2005 - 12:02 AM.

(Grins as the "leet Veterans" squirm under the newly enforced rules devil.gif )
This new rule is not taking away your right to an opinion its taking your right as a "Leet Vetran" to be an ass hole!

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:56 PM

I agree completely, instead of saying things like "f*ck off and die" try being a bit more constructive. Fair enough the stuff might suck but point them towards something that will help them become better or give them some advice don't just post "f*ck off"

The same goes for the otherway just like Mewish said, dont just post something like "it looks good" give pointers on possible areas of improvement or say why it looks good. I only really browse this section but I have noticed a bit of flaming from in here has tended to spill into other sections at times

Moto
  • Moto

Frat.

• Members

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Dr. Rotten @ Feb 16 2005, 18:55)
(Grins as the "leet Veterans" scwerm under the newly enforced rules devil.gif )
This new rule is not taking away your right to an opinion its taking your right as a "Leet Vetran" to be an ass hole!

Moto grins at not only the f*ckwad not being able to spell squirms, but also not knowing how to use the me tags.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:07 AM

I'd like to take this moment to make an announcement of my own. This is not some sort of declaration for newer members to take the piss out of the entire forum and post sh*t like <numericalrating>/10.

Us "313373575" are going to meet halfway on this.

We will not tolerate unneccessary bullsh*t posts from EITHER side.

GET IT?

Thanks.

Dr. Rotten
  • Dr. Rotten

[RotteN-BraiN]

• Members

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Moto @ Feb 17 2005, 00:02)
QUOTE (Dr. Rotten @ Feb 16 2005, 18:55)
(Grins as the "leet Veterans" scwerm under the newly enforced rules devil.gif )

Moto grins at not only the f*ckwad not being able to spell squirms, but also not knowing how to use the me tags.

Oh sorry Im a noob and a apperently a "f*ckWad" sorry o great one...

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:12 AM

Locked because you motherf*ckers need to read, not post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users