117 replies to this topic
BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 April 2005 - 01:39 AM

wow.gif

That design is amazing!

Keep it up, youre getting better every time I see your work cookie.gif cookie.gif

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 April 2005 - 02:51 AM

its a nice idea i would apply but im already on the gta:eu team also do you use the nick acdcfreak alot?

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 03:07 AM

Yes i do and can u 3d model at all or what im not saying you have to join im just curious.

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 April 2005 - 03:08 AM

yes i can do some 3d modeling and mission coding and do you remember gtamodding.qn.com?

NismoBNR32
  • NismoBNR32

ニスモ

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:14 AM

@ -GRAVITY2- -> just being curious, what kind of the cars will u use? what i mean is are they going to be made up like in original VC and Myriad or you will go with a real life cars?

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 10:34 PM

Mmm yes i rember it kindof.

And great f*cking news everone. I learnt a new tool in max. So at the current rate i should have a beta of one island released by 2 weeks from now hopefully just the island no buildings yet though..

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 10:51 PM

*starts timing

- M57

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 03:35 AM

Ok the official first island which will be mostley residential.

user posted image

Island will be done in 3ds tomorrow the the roads will either be that day the day after or the day after that.

Included with the beta will be:

1 island + roads
1 charecter model to replace main character
And the tavor weapon model

and if theres something else to be thrown in it will.

NismoBNR32
  • NismoBNR32

ニスモ

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:45 AM

will you reply to this
@ -GRAVITY2- -> just being curious, what kind of the cars will u use? what i mean is are they going to be made up like in original VC and Myriad or you will go with a real life cars?

i really want to know, because i saw what ken did but then he quitted it so i was thinking that maybe you have changed your mind about how the cars will look like confused.gif

timmy2004
  • timmy2004

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (-GRAVITY2- @ Apr 27 2005, 03:35)
Ok the official first island which will be mostley residential.

user posted image

Island will be done in 3ds tomorrow the the roads will either be that day the day after or the day after that.

Included with the beta will be:

1 island + roads
1 charecter model to replace main character
And the tavor weapon model

and if theres something else to be thrown in it will.

That looks awsome, very MI.

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:34 AM

the road layout looks seriouis dis-oriented, i assure you if you look at american or any road layouts theres none as pissed as that, especially if its a residential estate, it has to be more organised..

but thats just my opinion, keep it up

- M57

junox
  • junox

watch out for gimps

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 01:44 PM

keep it up gravity
been looking forward to trying out this mod
the release in 3 days? (SWEET) maybe friday tounge.gif
respect

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:41 PM Edited by -GRAVITY2-, 27 April 2005 - 09:41 PM.

Hey i said 2 weeks. Its gonna take a while for the bones for the player model. Any one on gta forums now how? And just some other stuff needs to be done.

edit:

I would like gta style cars i have no clue when ken quit. And how bout this map is this any better?

user posted image

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:38 PM

much better, but i didnt say make it entirely squared out in the center, u can make it curvy just not as pissed as b4, slight curves will also make it alot more interesting to drive around 2 wink.gif

u get me?

- M57

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:52 PM

No not really you can do it then wink.gif Well ill think about this information.

KnockOut
  • KnockOut

"This noodle's black..."

• Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:31 AM

*Hey, just wanted to ask about the functions of these buildings... will any of these structures be accessable? Also - I suggest you make these islands fun... let me emphasize.

- A lot of people made 'stunt parks' to make up for the fact that Vice City was so flat... (and with the addition of motorcycles, having nothing BIG to jump off of kind of downplayed the whole enjoyment of doing wheelies and sh*t...) I personally think having 10 stunt parks on your islands would be a little corny, and unrealistic - BUT, to compensate, you could get creative with your buildings/land masses to keep the bike riding alive! Let's use the humungous stair case in VC that launches you over AmmuNation for example... this is IMO one of the best jumps in the game... this is what I'm trying to point out. Your islands will be endless fun if you have buildings you can enter... rooftops you can reach, and hidden jumps around every corner. I also suggest making gaps/ramps at extreme hieghts to make the stunts a little more "death-defying" so-to-speak. LoL...

- I don't know if this would be out of the question, but tell me a drawbridge wouldn't be sweet as hell... I mean it would suck if it went up and down every 15 seconds... but if you had certain times where it was up for a few minutes, AND you made the bridge gap reasonable... it would be fun to jump that summa-muh-b*tch.

- Another thing I want to point out is the street layouts you're posting. They're definently looking good, but I suggest you make some tighter S-Turns here and there. DON'T OVER DO IT, but having a few tighter turns, (other than 90 degree right or left turns,) would make for good e-braking sessions.

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:38 AM

i like that idea biggrin.gif

Ken_Rosenberg
  • Ken_Rosenberg

Low-Poly Car Modeler

• Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (-GRAVITY2- @ Apr 27 2005, 21:41)
I would like gta style cars i have no clue when ken quit. And how bout this map is this any better?

Right, i am bored just modeling for fun...

If ya want me to model for St. Marinas i will come back. But please, i need a time-period, a location and others stuff to make models from. Don't tell me to model anything... What i need is...

For example: "Monitor57's Lynx city is going to be set in the 1970's and blah blah blah."

I'm going to finish my Triumph Stag and then i will start modeling for the mod if ya want. And yes they will be GTA-style/Low-poly cars. I could make the Stag for St. Marinas if ya want.

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Ken_Rosenberg @ Apr 28 2005, 21:06)
QUOTE (-GRAVITY2- @ Apr 27 2005, 21:41)

Right, i am bored just modeling for fun...

If ya want me to model for St. Marinas i will come back. But please, i need a time-period, a location and others stuff to make models from. Don't tell me to model anything... What i need is...

For example: "Monitor57's Lynx city is going to be set in the 1970's and blah blah blah."

I'm going to finish my Triumph Stag and then i will start modeling for the mod if ya want. And yes they will be GTA-style/Low-poly cars. I could make the Stag for St. Marinas if ya want.

the stag would ordapend on where the mod is set, i dont think its a british based mod so the stag wont fit in, unlike a db5 as an exotic import sports car.. the stag isnt seen in the same kind of way... im only trying to help, sorry if it sounds like im constantly moaning confused.gif

- M57

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 10:50 PM

Ya ken is back biggrin.gif of course id love you on the team. But look the mod is going to be curent day but take alook outside do you only see 05's on the streets? Nope you can even see cars from the 30's. Ken talk to me on msn and we will decide.

Ken_Rosenberg
  • Ken_Rosenberg

Low-Poly Car Modeler

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:26 AM

Right, -GRAVITY2- i'll be on MSN later.

After finishing the Hind(Stag)...

My plans:
• I'm planning to make a topic in the vehicles section of GTAFORUMS.com so i can stop posting in the PPC in the vehicles section. The topic will be called "Vehicles of St. Marina" and it will be the central place for all things 'vehicular' to do with the mod. If ppl wish to critisise my moedeling they can do it in that topic instead of the PPC.
• On MSN i will discuss a list of cars that will go on the St. Marinas game. At the moment the is only one developed car - The Astin James. But i will redo some areas of that car and finish the damage model.
• I hope by doing this mod i will improve my modelling skills and gain some respect in the forums.

Thanks -GRAVITY2- for accepting me back. I wonder if a Jensen Interceptor would fit in to St. Marinas??? smile.gif

KnockOut
  • KnockOut

"This noodle's black..."

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:42 AM

x2! - (Since it went un-noticed the first time!)

*Hey, just wanted to ask about the functions of these buildings... will any of these structures be accessable? Also - I suggest you make these islands fun... let me emphasize.

- A lot of people made 'stunt parks' to make up for the fact that Vice City was so flat... (and with the addition of motorcycles, having nothing BIG to jump off of kind of downplayed the whole enjoyment of doing wheelies and sh*t...) I personally think having 10 stunt parks on your islands would be a little corny, and unrealistic - BUT, to compensate, you could get creative with your buildings/land masses to keep the bike riding alive! Let's use the humungous stair case in VC that launches you over AmmuNation for example... this is IMO one of the best jumps in the game... this is what I'm trying to point out. Your islands will be endless fun if you have buildings you can enter... rooftops you can reach, and hidden jumps around every corner. I also suggest making gaps/ramps at extreme hieghts to make the stunts a little more "death-defying" so-to-speak. LoL...

- I don't know if this would be out of the question, but tell me a drawbridge wouldn't be sweet as hell... I mean it would suck if it went up and down every 15 seconds... but if you had certain times where it was up for a few minutes, AND you made the bridge gap reasonable... it would be fun to jump that summa-muh-b*tch.

- Another thing I want to point out is the street layouts you're posting. They're definently looking good, but I suggest you make some tighter S-Turns here and there. DON'T OVER DO IT, but having a few tighter turns, (other than 90 degree right or left turns,) would make for good e-braking sessions.

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 12:42 PM

Oh knockout i read it the first time. Im so happy now. And at knockout yes i will put jumps just like the ammunation one and i will put ramps behind and atop of buildings etc etc. Also about the interiors. There will proably be many buildings that have accesible interiors but we also need a modeller to do interior objects.

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:16 PM Edited by -GRAVITY2-, 01 May 2005 - 09:13 PM.

Ok here is the latest update on the gun that will be included in the beta.

user posted image

And knockout just for you im off to make a set of buildings with a jump like the amunation one tounge.gif

Here it is sofar:

Build time: 1 hour
Poly Count: 459
Picture: user posted image

shocker275
  • shocker275

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 09:57 PM

Just wondering when you made that building did have did you put those shadows in there like that? It's not the texture is it?

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:40 PM

Its not the textures its a option turned on in the rendering panel in 3DS MAX.

shocker275
  • shocker275

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:44 PM Edited by shocker275, 03 May 2005 - 12:56 AM.

Is there anyway to do it in Sketchup>Zmod>Moomapper?

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:46 PM

Well in sketchup you can go view then click shadows but i dont know in moo moo or zmod

shocker275
  • shocker275

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 02:07 AM

Will it look like that in game though? What about your building?

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 02:51 AM

I dont think it will but dont ake my advice i aint experinced at getting stuff ingame. Speeking of that building.

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users