» «
Photo

GTA St. Marina Islands

117 replies to this topic
-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:18 PM Edited by -GRAVITY2-, 13 February 2005 - 10:35 PM.

Hello everyone. Welcome to the total conversion that actually has a chance to succed. First off we are looking more modellers, texturers, mappers, etc etc. Next on the list is the team and it is as follows.

Me- Modeller and textures (for my models)
Dimz- Modeller and textures (for his models unless stated otherwise)
The lone solider- Animator/bones/skinning
Xuxa (request pending)- Skinner
Col_Vinny- Our personal writer.

Anyways lets cut to the storyline.

You start off as a normal cop but as time goes by and the number of criminals in the city increase, you get involved with things you don’t want to, and fall prey to blackmail. You trapse into the criminal world, and start to do things behind everyone’s back.

In an attempt to get the black-mailers off your back, you start to get involved in a little organsied crime, but something goes wrong, and in the confusion, the police catch you, and sentence you to jail for conspiracy. You get sent to jail for a few years, but you luckily escape from the jail ride. The cops are after you, gangs are after you – so you decide to fight back.

In a bid for revenge, you decide to hunt them down, but you dont know any of the crime bosses, so you have to fight your way to the top and hunt the people who got you put away in the first place.

And here are some screenshots.

Charecter models (unfinished)

user posted image

Random Landscapes

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:19 PM

Buildings

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image (start of my neighbourhood
user posted image
user posted image

There is more im not posting it though. Remember we really need some modellers please and thank you.

Thanks for reading.

-GRAVITY2- and the team

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:23 PM

This looks promising, although I cant open the thumbnails, they lead you to an upload page confused.gif

Hope to see this mod do well!

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:28 PM

Hey thanks biggrin.gif Im really hoping to find some modellers.

timmy2004
  • timmy2004

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:31 PM

Looks good so far, I'm sure you can use some of the models you made in PPC in this too, good luck with it.

-Sweden pwns you.

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:32 PM

Actually just to let everyone know EVERYTHING i made that is in the PPC will be used in this mod.

vnum218
  • vnum218

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 12:59 AM

This looks pretty sweet. I may apply for modelling, but I'm not sure I'm able to commit the time that would be required. How are you planning doing this, anyway? The Myriad way or the old way?

Well, good luck. This looks really sweet.

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:04 AM

Umm..... AI dont know which way. Post some of your work andill see if your good enough to get in smile.gif

vnum218
  • vnum218

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:42 AM Edited by vnum218, 14 February 2005 - 01:49 AM.

Maybe I didn't explaing my question in a sensible way blush.gif . What I meant was, are you splitting the things into lots, as was done with Myriad, or are you going to have one big file. I don't know about this, so I don't know which is better.

Finding out whether I have time to do a model to show you for an application will demonstrate to me whether I have time to work on the project overall, if you do allow me to. I already have a general base made, and I'll begin adding details to it.

What kind of model would you like to see as an example of someone's work?

What I have done now is a funky skyscraper building, but if that's not what you'd like, I'll begin work on something else. Also, just so you know, I won't be starting work on that just yet, because I have to finish off some college application stuff, but I anticipate being able to begin real work on the building, or whatever, within the next two weeks.

By the way, the later links DO work, just not the first three or four.

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:45 AM

Well depends what you think your best at. Post a screnie of hte skyspraper and if its good that means you can model buildings.

vnum218
  • vnum218

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:52 AM

Quick reply! I thought I would have time to edit my last post before you read it, but I was clearly wrong. As I editted into my previous post, I won't be able to begin real work on my building demonstration until I've got my college stuff all wrapped up, which I should have done by the next week or two. So if you don't hear from me soon, don't be surprised. smile.gif

Anyway, I guess I'll submit a skyscraper type building to you, and also include a smaller building next to it. music.gif

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:55 AM

Ok sounds good. The charecter model will soon be skinned properley.

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 03:24 AM

New sig for the staff i will change the names and stuff for each staff member.

user posted image

cR
  • cR

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 06:13 AM

1. Make sure the links of the pics work please.
2. Good luck.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:26 AM

Another TC, hmm ok you need alot of additions to your team if you are wanting to get anywhere, I thought some people would have realised by now that there are other TC's out there that you could give a helping hand to.

But its your choice a couple of notices though, a true TC would have scratch made ped models not skinned ones as you seemed to say one of the team members were doing, but this isn't important.
Your basic land mass/base looks fairly highpoly with no area for any actual architecture (buildings etc.), unless you have other plans to use this?
Lastly, you could use some better sigs than your current ones they lack most things and no one will actually know they represent a TC.

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:27 PM

Hey well actually they arnt that high poly. And ti know i can help others bbut..... And that ped model is a scratch model..... We just have one person making it and one person skinning it. and no we are making islands and those are just going to be placed randomley.

tha reporter
  • tha reporter

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2005 - 07:22 PM

can i help this TC?

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 14 March 2005 - 10:39 PM

Actually im not sure wtehr to continue if i did it could be finished but im working on so much more stuff and a game that might go public. Its still undecideed atm. Can you model at all? PM so screens of your stuff.

tha reporter
  • tha reporter

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 March 2005 - 06:42 PM

Ive PMed you with some of my work smile.gif
am i in?

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 12:52 AM

Started work on the lots today finally a update.

user posted image

MnE
  • MnE

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 March 2005 - 02:06 AM

looks really interestin so far...can't wait to see it finished...good luck... biggrin.gif

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:20 AM

Another lot added on.

user posted image

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:40 AM Edited by -GRAVITY2-, 31 March 2005 - 05:41 PM.

Sorry for the double post but o well i guess?. A update on aother charecter model. Its gonna be a teenager kinda guy but a druggie/metal head. Heres a piccie.

user posted image

Polycount is exactly 666

Edit: it might look like the first one showed but its not its a entirely new model not skinned yet though

choofa
  • choofa

Dance onn Cocaiin.. LSD.. XTC!!

• Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 05:18 AM

looks nice -GRAVITY2- the pants look flat tho, the map is good too, keep it up rolleyes.gif .

=Ch00fA=

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:16 PM

looks good, but i wt this stage maybe start adding hieght to it? and texture the roads confused.gif but apart from that i think the layout is looking very pleasing smile.gif

keep it up.

- M57

cR
  • cR

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:42 PM

Looking good sofar, meybe LC got some competition now? tounge.gif biggrin.gif

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 05:14 PM Edited by -GRAVITY2-, 31 March 2005 - 05:40 PM.

Theres a head on the model now but it still needs fixing and hair but ill show you guys a prieview cause thats what this is for right? Its incredibly ugly atm but where gonna fix it up dont worry

user posted image

choofa
  • choofa

Dance onn Cocaiin.. LSD.. XTC!!

• Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:19 AM

It looks like a wax model they have in wax museums lol and the head looks way to flat and ugly barf8bd.gif but looks good tho colgate.gif .

=Ch00fA=

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:33 PM

Yes i know its ugly but its gonna be fixed dont worry. But we got hair coming soon i think so its all good.

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:28 PM

Double post o well.

user posted image

WHY DOESNT AN ONE EVER POST IN HERE? Sory bout the caps but veryone looks but never posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users