Photo

[General] Discussion & Ideas

245 replies to this topic
rodzynator
  • rodzynator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 11:14 AM

Ok Mercie I will just modify it a bit because the model is still a bit dodgy, and untextured (can you texture it as well?) and how do you want me to send it, email?

would that submachine gun of mine fit as an uzi?
and what about the shield, could it be connected to the swat model?

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 11:24 AM Edited by mickarrow, 01 May 2005 - 11:28 AM.

I think this is possible if you attach it to the model of the swat agent. Wich isn't that easy 'cause it's a player model wich have bones in them. If you want to know how to create custom player models, I suggest you look here , here and here

poohead
  • poohead

the gran poo-bah

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:53 PM

how bout make a gang that has pimps and hoes? that b cool. mess witht he and they pop u haha. kinda like the prostitutes in sin city devil.gif

buchsi
  • buchsi

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:58 PM

...or maybe a russian gang (like the ones in the video: "Training Day"), if YES, I can make a extra Hammer version. Or a Racebikergang! Or a Tuning-Gang! With a tuned car (maybe a 93`Honda Civic Sedanīlike car!)

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 06 May 2005 - 01:16 AM

Hmmm... This post got me thinking. Is Myriad Islands unstable because there are no COLs in the IMG?

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:42 AM

Thats one thing I was thinking, so I put the col files in the IMG and...

...some lots didn't have collision (opie plaza and odies mansions). It also didn't stop the game from crashing.

If there is one other difference from vice to Myriad then it's the size of the textures. Jason B's nuclear plant has very large textures and my game has crashed there before... I think more work should be put into finding out the answers to myriads problems. I WISH rahkstar2.gif WOULD HELP

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2005 - 01:07 PM

The hour is late for Myriad on Vice City I'm afraid to say.

I propose to save anymore annoying conversions we call the Myriad Porject a day on the Vice City engine, unless of course your lots basically ingame and awaiting a release, by all means release just don't start exporting anything from the moddeling programs anymore.

We had a good run on the Vice City engine but now surely we must call it a day and bid fairwell to Tommy Vercetti.

*wipes tear from eye

salibaba
  • salibaba

[GL]Salibaba

• Members

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:30 PM

Hi there I dunno if ive posted in the MI forums and I couldnt find a relevant thread but id like to say good work on it and I hope it can be carried on with the SA engine as all of you modders are very skilled. After I found out about this TC , I got it immediatly and got all the base land and the lots I could find in your forums. ITS GREAT, all these @$$€$ that say its crap are so wrong. well to the point after having much fun today with the camera key ,hundreds bodyguards and hundreds of bikes all going up in a huge pile of smoke, I decided to make these, maybe you can use them for police missions, or just something else in the mod in general when you make your next release (will be on SA I assume)

Sound File 1 - 28KB
Sound File 2 - 26KB
Sound File 3 - 32KB

poohead
  • poohead

the gran poo-bah

• Members

Posted 11 May 2005 - 08:17 PM

there should b a mission were u hav to leave ur weapons at home or somtin or else the gang wont meet u and u hav to take a suit case but they attack u and u should b able to use the suitcase as a weapon. smack them around with it.

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:49 PM Edited by Monitor57, 11 May 2005 - 09:56 PM.

-AH- shiznit, sry replied in wrong topic blush.gif

buchsi
  • buchsi

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:25 PM

hehe, nice idea Mon!

Okay, my idea is that we should need our own *.exe icon.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2005 - 04:48 PM

Does anyone else think with the release of the new islands we should have one last official release of the Myriad install package for Vice City?

*looks at Gt-1

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:29 PM

Is there much point?

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:51 PM

when using colfiles in the img you will get faster loading times and does make the game run more stable overall.

as for the strange issues with opies plaza and odies mansions, that is because when using colfiles in the img the filenames become case sensitive and if the name does not match the ide definition regarding upper or lower case the game won't crash but the colfile will not be used. i have mentioned the colfiles in the img in previous posts in GT-1's original installer thread but nobody picked up on what i was saying............................as usual.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2005 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ May 15 2005, 17:29)
Is there much point?

well yes, It's customary for all mods to finish with the complete install of everything done for the mod so far, plus noobs won't know how to install everything since the last install package manually so yes It is a good idea.

It'll give us something to tide us over till SA myriad which may take a while, plus its all neat and presentable, like the final copy of a project.

smile.gif

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:59 PM

Maybe it wouldn't be bad indeed. It would give us the overlook to see what we need to get converted.

inkspot
  • inkspot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:59 PM Edited by inkspot, 08 June 2005 - 06:13 PM.

Ok, since this is a discussion topic, lets discuss, but first, I have some questions.
Where I can find an overall description for MS? What it is about? Does it have a storyline?
I can see from the signs, that it is in Germany, or not? Why are some signs in english and some in german? Why some roads are lined with american rules, and others are more european.
I suggest you to make everything european, and still in english, so people could play it better, even if most of us understand german though...

What time is it, in the game?
Germany is actually good, but then you should make more things in german or lose the german at all. Thats for preventing some misunderstandings. I suggest you not to use old LC/VC/SA signs and roadsigns, but to make new ones in proper style.
Style is something what is a rule in every game, every team must have a style, in common between team members.
Germany is good, I can already imagine myself driving high-speed on the Autobahn with Porche 911 listening Kraftwerks "Autobahn" same time biggrin.gif But as I can see from the name, it is an island, so no highway I guess. Maybe only some bigger roads just for fun. And also, no railwaystation and railway, i guess, since it is an island (Always dreamed about giant railway station/depo in GTA). But well, at least make a bus depot and a shipyard like Rotterdam!

My point in this post is, that you must have a style what you must catch up with. I have seen projects failing bechause of missing style. Right now, it seems that there are lots, but everybody fills the lot with his own building without thinking about the overall map and a city, expect some things... I have seen some truly awful things, like that Tokyo building for example in somwhere...
I mean, do you have a map plan? Or are you using the same VC map and just replacing the buildings and stuff? Then, I see no point bechause I have played it all, even if there are new missions. Old city plan would be just boring to play, again.
If you are making your own map, and you don't have overall map plan, then, things may go bad sometimes and this project can fail. I suggest you to make a map and a list of all buildings and places and then starting to complete it. To not lose time, you can compare some finished buildings and stuff with it, but it may be hard to fix those things later.

You may all have concidered that, but still...

And now for the style.
You know that SA has those eating places chains and other store-chains. Every city has those! So, you must concider to have similar gas-stations etc etc. It will just help the gameplay and the city would look more real! Remember, real citys have been developed over time and places are there, where is a need for places. So, I hope you guys still think logically because I have seen so many game maps etc being so unlogical and it just makes me pure sad, I don't feel like playing. I feel myself as in the Tom&Jerry cartoon. But as it is GTA, remain the humor, still, what you have remained already, at least I think so.

Also, do you have radio stations and new music? Copyrighted or you have "f*ck RIAA" radio station? I suggest freeware music and stuff for the radios, since players can make their own mp3 lists later. Use sceners music or www.dmusic.com or whatever you like...
I can make the mixes myself if I get the vocals of the DJs in radio stations... But well, these thing arent SO important, but still important though.

Ah, whats the point of it, I still think you have all concidered it.

And as for the offtopic:
I have always dreamed of GTA (old school top down with 3D but still low graphics) as MMO RPG style where people have online gangs and jobs where they can live legal life. In winter!

But anyway, thanks for attention!

inkspot.

definition_of_freak
  • definition_of_freak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:14 PM

jeepers inkspot. you came, you saw, and you CERTAINLY discussed!

First off, it is based in america. new jersey, to b more precise. where u are getting confused is because of an area on the island made by odie. the german buildings were originally made for a bigger mod, but they found their way onto myriad. kind of like a "little germany" or something. like in the gta games.

2nd of all. i believe an actual outline of myriad islands can be found in pinned "new to myriad islands" topic up the top of the myriad forum homepage.

3rd of all. people are working on radio stations. i don't know their progress though.

as for everything else u discussed....... lost to say the least.

Madd Tagg
  • Madd Tagg

MT, GTA Mod helper

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:58 PM

its called little berlin no?

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:38 PM

Little Hindenberg has a nice ring to it, but then again so does Kaisersville.

definition_of_freak
  • definition_of_freak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 01:55 AM

@Madd Tagg: It's don't think it actually is called Little Berlin. That was just an example.

@caponestar: Kaisersville sounds the best for sure!

Gibbon*RS
  • Gibbon*RS

very lazy person

• Members

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:44 AM

Hi, I was watching MI's progress for a while but I stopped. Now I have this storyline idea, maybe it's a bit early but I just wanted to have it said.

I can't find the old storyline idea sadisticmachine made but it was something about someone who moved to MI with his father and... well he gets on the street somehow.

How about him meeting this dude and together with him they get big, after a while, that dude is the head of the organisation. But, he gets killed, you get a phone call, you take his place and you make whoever did that pay. Then we'll take it from there.

How's that?

PS: yeah I sort of got the whole killing and taking place thing from the Godfather, I'm reading the book atm

lazlow117
  • lazlow117

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2005 - 06:16 AM

I was thinking that the new islands could have a F1 race track since theres already a F1 car why not a place to race it.

And maybe a drag strip

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:54 AM

BUMP

I was thinking about generic filling objects when I thought maby if you want to, you don't have to make a lot you just submit a building or something and then it's placed in the right area. dozingoff.gif

locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 08 November 2005 - 07:41 PM

With the MI conversion to San Andreas the possibilities are greatly expanded.

One thing I dont like about VC/SA is that ones health returns to max after saving. not to mention the loss of wanted stars in SA. Would it be possible to remove this from MI? With no health pick-ups it would put a greater emphasis on the eating which, together with the other RPG-style elements in SA, expanded gameplay without detracting from the core of the original game.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 November 2005 - 07:47 PM

I don't see any problem with the health returning and wanted level decreasing after a save. I sometimes save just for that purpose so....

And I guess a poll could be started on the food situation as some people didn't like the food idea.

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Nov 8 2005, 19:47)
I don't see any problem with the health returning and wanted level decreasing after a save. I sometimes save just for that purpose so....

And I guess a poll could be started on the food situation as some people didn't like the food idea.

One way to please everyone would be to have some elements as optional mods for the game.
I'm no fan of the RPG (endless clicking through dialogue options etc) but I loved the muscle, fat, haircuts and the clothing. I have played SA five times from start to finish (currently on number six) and every time my character has been different

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:25 PM

Customisation will be something that I will work on. There will be a lot of new things in the modshop* that will allow you to change how you play biggrin.gif

*the modshop is a selection screen with a choice of mods e.g. car spwan, god mode ect ect

bqwec
  • bqwec

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2005 - 05:13 AM

hey just a suggestion, but it might be good to stick something on the MI site soon, because it hasnt been updated since about SA came out. The publicity I think is the really important part of the Mod's life.
Just a suggestion.
Regards,
BQWEC

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:18 PM Edited by locO G, 16 April 2006 - 11:21 PM.

I've been following a train of thought.

I'm designing some more graphitti for my lot (illcom_c1_r1) and I wanted to know, does MI have a football, baseball or dare I say lacrosse team?

If it did, and it should, what would be it's name? (Insert puns here but keep it moderately clean).

Next thought. Is anyone planning to build a stadium for them? Every version of GTA has had one, it would be out of keeping not to have one in MI.

The next question, where? There is still a large free entertainment lot, illcom_c3_r9 but it's not on a main road. Not a good idea as those who choose to visit the 2012 UK olympic games will discover.

One final thought.
As you probably know I'm a newcommer to MI and so never knew Odie but how about the Heiko Feege Memorial Stadium?

Your thoughts please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users