» «
Photo

[General] Discussion & Ideas

245 replies to this topic
Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:05 AM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 12 February 2005 - 06:24 PM.

QUOTE (Cran. @ Feb 11 2005, 12:44)
QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Feb 11 2005, 20:50)
I always wanted to see one of those outside elevators with glass windows all the way up, scripted.

Then do it already tounge.gif j/k

I can't even model my own ass. Are you into modeling ? Then please model one. I'm begging you. Create an elevator. tounge.gif

You don't want anything like this in Myriad do you ?
user posted image

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Feb 12 2005, 11:35)
QUOTE (Cran. @ Feb 11 2005, 12:44)
QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Feb 11 2005, 20:50)
I always wanted to see one of those outside elevators with glass windows all the way up, scripted.

Then do it already tounge.gif j/k

I can't even model my own ass. Are you into modeling ? Then please model one. I'm begging you. Create an elevator. tounge.gif

You don't want anything like this in Myriad will you ?
user posted image

Heh, I cant model for sh*t either, lets bug Gforce or someone.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 February 2005 - 07:55 PM

Umm right. Half got the idea from the liberty city forum. Just descuss myriad, ask questions, anything to do with myriad. Below is a typical post... yay!

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 February 2005 - 07:58 PM

No lot releases this week then? There were loads of releases two weeks ago (mostly jasonB)!

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 13 February 2005 - 08:12 PM Edited by Snow Racer, 13 February 2005 - 08:21 PM.

me thinks that...

locked... if some1 thinks that it should be open > pm me with teh why it should be open
IRC
"Help and Questions Topic" << at teh top
::edit
meh... reopened... if some1 thinks that it should be closed > pm me with teh why it should be closed

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 February 2005 - 08:43 PM

Has anyone noticed that some of JasonB's lots have a simpsons connection?

The Nuclear plant!
Joes tavern instead of Moes tavern!

I'm sure theres some more I have not noticed yet.

Also Myriad planet is like the Daily Planet from Superman ph34r.gif

Anyone else seen any cool easter eggs around Myriad?

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 09:11 PM

I assume everybody has seen that guy on the diving board at Odie's mansions by now. confused.gif Any easter egg request ? PM if you want it to be a secret.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:26 PM

Myriad Xealos is creating a bowling alley. Anybody wants one ?

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Feb 13 2005, 22:26)

Hell yeah, I'd love a place to use your bowling code in.

Also Barton any chance you could code it so you get drunk at Joes bar? That'd be pretty cool.

Pagnell
  • Pagnell

a.k.a. petebog

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Feb 13 2005, 21:11)
I assume everybody has seen that guy on the diving board at Odie's mansions by now. confused.gif Any easter egg request ? PM if you want it to be a secret.

Yaeh, noticed that yesterday. If you shoot him with the minigun he hovers in a fountain of blood. Pretty cool, if you like that sort of thing. smile.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (caponester @ Feb 13 2005, 23:31)
QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Feb 13 2005, 22:26)

Hell yeah, I'd love a place to use your bowling code in.

Also Barton any chance you could code it so you get drunk at Joes bar? That'd be pretty cool.

I was thinking it would take too much code but I guess I could code it as a mission (since missions never take too much code). Anybody else wants it ? I'm not sure I want it myself. Maby it would be great if I put some work into it. Oh well, no bowling alley yet. And it's been a while since the last time it was brought up. confused.gif

Myriad Xealos
  • Myriad Xealos

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:49 PM

Heh, don't expect it anytime soon. Sketchup sucks with scaling and the like, so most of my time will eb taken by that, and the fact that I can't texture for crap. Every time I try to texture a couple of faces in Zmodeler, it textures the full thing.

I'd do it in 3DS Max, but I don't have it and every time i download a triel, it says my trial's expired, so I also need to get around that to even think about putting the lots on c6_r6.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:56 AM

Anyone else think a mission where you must defend something against an attack would be cool? Maybe you join the police and have to defend the police station? Or maybe you have to defend a building in Myriad such as Massivesoft or the Berlin area.

By "defend" I mean similar to San Andreas when you have to defend the ghetto from rival gangs.The enemy comes in waves etc.

I was also thinking about perhaps coding a get drunk for $5 at Joes tavern mod.

You walk in, walk to the pink marker at the bar, $5 is taken away and you go all dizzy for 2 minutes.

Or how about you can recruit gang members at Joes tavern? There all standing at the bar and the pool table, to recruit them you walk into the pink marker in front of them and pay them $500.Basically the same as in Vercetti mansion once you finish the game...

Another idea I had was for a mission where you fight 10 agent smiths on a realy high rooftop (maybe one of JasonB's buildings?) The mission would start when you get a phone call on your cell phone telling you to go meet Joe at the top of JasnB's tower.Once there you realise its a set up.

The catch is you get all your weapons taken away, meaning you have to fight them with your hands and feet.They would be realy strong and could beat the sh*t out of you, making the mission hard.

The mission would then end by you jumping of the roof matrix style onto a waiting helicopter hovering down below... ph34r.gif

What do you guys think? tounge2.gif

JLC
  • JLC

Monday Morning Lunatic

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 02:45 AM

changing the subject, what about doing a F1 race circuit?? cause the hotring racer is a F1 car tounge.gif

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 04:55 AM

I would prefer it if no-one coded anything related to missions regarding my lots, simply because I am writing a large subplot that involves my lots and I don't want it to be interfered by something else someone may done in a mission they made (just say Barton made a mission where you take over my power plant, that would ruin my storylines)

Jehde
  • Jehde

Stunter

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 05:09 AM

how 'bout a skate park for us stunters?

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 12:33 PM

No, it doesn't. The scaling tool definatly doesn't sucks.
Where the hell you got that from?

Maybe it's YOU who doesn't knows how to use the scaling tool propertly.

Anyway, if you want, I can do it for you.

Myriad Xealos
  • Myriad Xealos

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 February 2005 - 12:53 PM

O_o

Calm down. Jeez.

The scaling tool in sketchup does sukc when porting to Zmodeler, as it seems to have no effect on the overall size of the object. I mean, I've scaled my lot in Zmodeler and now need to face the texturing. God...I hate texturing. I cannot texture whatsoever...

;_;

Mark
  • Mark

Jesus hates you.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:41 PM

<SPAM>I can see this topic being spammed, flamed, and raped to death... tounge.gif</SPAM>

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Myriad Xealos @ Feb 14 2005, 13:53)
O_o

Calm down. Jeez.

The scaling tool in sketchup does sukc when porting to Zmodeler, as it seems to have no effect on the overall size of the object. I mean, I've scaled my lot in Zmodeler and now need to face the texturing. God...I hate texturing. I cannot texture whatsoever...

;_;

Meh, why not texture in Sketchup?
It's way easier if you know how to.

Just create the material and simply apply the textures, eventually position 'em.
If you have no idea how to do that; Help > Help Topics > Materials.

Read the whole thingy smile.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:40 PM

Is anybody else creating a bowling alley ?

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Feb 15 2005, 13:40)
Is anybody else creating a bowling alley ?

Ages ago a friend of mine called Die Catalina Die was gonna make one, unfortunately he's gone now... confused.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:58 PM

Yeah I also haven't seen him around for ages. Anyway this thread just seems to be turning into the Myriad ideas thread? I guess thats the nature of em though. They could be merged I guess but im not too keen on the merge function here. cry.gif

_RicH_
  • _RicH_

its fun, we get to play with knifes

• Members

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:11 PM Edited by _RicH_, 15 February 2005 - 04:26 PM.

rah.gif its me.

im *trying* to get into a posistion where i can finish my lot, but im having major trouble.

basicly i have 2 installs of myriad, one old that i copied from old pc and one new using the installer.

the installer one was fine excpet no myriad motorcycles? but it ran smooth no crashes.

so i started copying files over for my lot from old install to new one, but now i've f*cked it up and myriad wont load (it gets about %95 then DING)

moomapper shows everthing fine, but i ran its error checking thingy and it found about 48 errors (only some from my lot) it fixed them but still the game wont load.

i removed the ipl and ide entries, still wont load

i stuck the original .img in, still wont load...

i think it might be todo with .col for my lot, cus i cant remember where it goes or how to get gta to load it (i cant overwrite the blank one cus col_io crashes)

maybe this belongs in help bit, but its not like a standard problem.

i wish myriad had a developer version, with log files and things...

(edit) looks like IMG program does not like myriad's .img, after rebuilding it just crashes myriad. See if i can find old version of IMG tool.

(edit2) wahey imgtool 1.3 did the job, no crashes biggrin.gif

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Feb 15 2005, 13:58)
Yeah I also haven't seen him around for ages. Anyway this thread just seems to be turning into the Myriad ideas thread? I guess thats the nature of em though. They could be merged I guess but im not too keen on the merge function here. cry.gif

Merge em into the General Myriad chat topic and then pin it!

As long as I get to be topic starter biggrin.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 15 February 2005 - 07:31 PM

Seems to have merged together ok. We already have enough topics for this one to be pinned also imo. Im sure people will keep it alive, but dont spam post relevant ideas etc for myriad.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:03 PM

I have 1 question...
do we need keep Myriad to realistic or cartoonish? cuz im starting to smell cartoonish confused.gif

Duders
  • Duders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:32 AM

@ Snowracer - I agree

A thing that bothers me is the lack of the same style in the game. Some cars could have custom interior while others have normal vc interiors. Some could have non vc style textures and some do. Some have uge ass license plates, and some don't! Some cars have crappy scaling or some just looks too thin or thick. Some have 3d wheels, and some don't. For a start, can't myriad car license plates he made to have a default size so that they all look the same? I was thinking of a base like this:

Picture

_RicH_
  • _RicH_

its fun, we get to play with knifes

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 12:50 PM

i was thinking the same thing when testing out the 0.3 release.

but to be honest its no big problem, textures, wheels, numberplates are all things that can be easily changed.

maybe when things are a bit more 'complete' a few people should give myriad i good going over, bringing everything up to some kind of standard.

SyM
  • SyM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 03:07 PM Edited by SyM, 16 February 2005 - 06:10 PM.

Hello now this guy got some ides hope u like them well here they comes

1. What about have some appartments that you can rent or buy and same whit houses , and have a guy on the map u can buy/rent the house/appartment of
and have more than one guy maybe have some diffrent costs and some houses/appartments looking better then others . and like do so the guys whit the expencive stuff is hard to find and the others easier. and like if u rent you need to pay every 30 day or maybe make it 7 ??
and if you dont pay maybe the maffia gets after you what about that ? biggrin.gif

2. More car stores and maybe a place there u can sell your own car then see it be sold or maybe buy it back ? tounge.gif and buy used cars smile.gif , and some more expencive cars in the car shop smile.gif and maybe have 1-2 cars that cost really much and almost are unpossiable to find on the map if you dont buy it.

3 . And woulden´t it be great with some hotels ?? there u can rent room , same here some are more expencive and some better looking

Now i dont have more ideas but if u guys liket my ideas i can make more ideas
(i really hope some one make my ideas to the game myriad,but maybe are to difficult ??? )

well all from me ////SyMaskin™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users