Photo

[General] Discussion & Ideas

245 replies to this topic
caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2005 - 02:53 PM

I just thought i'd share some ideas with you all for Myriad, feel free to brain storm here too or praise/criticize othe peoples ideas too cool.gif

Ok heres mine:

1) How about we bring back characters from previous GTA's such as the main character from Gta3 or maybe Love fist as a washed out band you need to help get a recording contract?

2) One thing I loved about GTA: SA was the Liberty City connection, how you felt like you realy could fly over to Liberty City etc.Maybe we could hide a small section of Liberty City or Vice City where you have to fly out and do something there?

3) Sort of building on the last idea, we all love easter eggs hidden in games, things that make as laugh and things that we find cool, How about on Black Mesa or something we building a tunnel with directions to Liberty City, Los Santos, Vice City etc.We could have an invisible wall and barriers up to prevent you from entering the tunnel, this is very similar to the tunnel to Carser City from Gta3

4) How about the mod shops features are all not avaiable at the start but more and more are unlocked as you collect the hidden packages?

5) Can we replace the hidden packages with the Myriad star please, it'll add to the mods identity more

6) Are gangs ever gonna be introduced? I seen screens of the punk gang but theres been no release of them.I suggest we have 2 gangs on each Island, who typicaly hate each other and wanna rip each others throats out.

7) How about we bring back the Leone family mafia? they can have a new Don now Salvitore is dead from Liberty City.

8) I think we need a new cop model, something like Gta3's since Myriad is east coast.

9) Any one like the idea of helicopter postman? you take off from Delfis post office helipad and drop letters and packages from above into pink blips before the time runs out, the more you deliver the faster your mail arrives or something biggrin.gif

Thats about it, anyone want to say anything?

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 January 2005 - 03:09 PM

A lot of good ideas but i really want that myriad have its one style not like the gta3 style or gta sa style but a bit of mix between both ofroad missions combined with shoot outs and kinda gang war missions. And about that GTA3 part the buildings are easy to convert but i more like the own made buildings build from scratch that really gives an different fealing for myriad.

Xploder
  • Xploder

Arden City Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 03:29 PM

Your theory about Liberty City connection, wait till SA PC for that, then we will have SNOW biggrin.gif

Another thing, if you have all the GTAs installed you could hop on a plane (or boat) and go there, it just deletes myriad and loads the city you want to visit (Converted into the SA engine of course)

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 05 January 2005 - 04:57 AM

Area name idea: pencilvania (from pennsylvania). A pity it's been used before. confused.gif

Duders
  • Duders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:11 AM

maybe include a countryside kinda island. You know, an island that is kind of empty but still contains buildings in it.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (duder6131 @ Jan 5 2005, 07:11)
maybe include a countryside kinda island. You know, an island that is kind of empty but still contains buildings in it.

It has to be a small island then since most of the gameworld area is used up, or like a costal strip kinda land area on the east side of illcom lineing up with the east world border, starting south of illspirits islands up north going down to the south border of the world. It could have a mountain as far east as possible to prevent people from banging into that invisible game border wall.

But then again, there is GTA SA so there wouldn't be any limits like that.

Kraxxuz
  • Kraxxuz

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (caponester @ Jan 4 2005, 00:53)
6) Are gangs ever gonna be introduced? I seen screens of the punk gang but theres been no release of them.I suggest we have 2 gangs on each Island, who typicaly hate each other and wanna rip each others throats out.

ummm... user posted image

Mugen
  • Mugen

Keys to the ROC..

• Members

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (kraxxuz @ Jan 5 2005, 02:31)
QUOTE (caponester @ Jan 4 2005, 00:53)

ummm... user posted image

Im no punk.. But i think that would be the punk gang he was talkin about. tounge.gif

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2005 - 01:37 PM

Dude i've seen them ingame, I'm just suggesting that gang zones are set up and these guys are released to the public.

Xploder
  • Xploder

Arden City Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 05 January 2005 - 05:25 PM

Nice punks, all we need now is my Townie gang and code them to hate each other biggrin.gif

Don't worry, im workin on the townies, its hard trying to find voices you know, you have to walk up to them, run away and record.

nah not really, ill use VC voices.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2005 - 05:51 PM

I was thinking we could have the following gangs on the following islands.

Illcom Island (current island)

Myriad punks & Townies

Black Mesa
_________

Quakers

Respawns Island

Leone family mafia & triads of some sort, perhaps mountian cloud boys.

Gonzales
  • Gonzales

Absof*ckingloutely!

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:02 PM

How about a sort of hill, with an obstacle course challenge at the top and a chair lift at the top and bottom?

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:18 PM Edited by sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe, 05 January 2005 - 11:20 PM.

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Jan 4 2005, 23:57)
Area name idea: pencilvania (from pennsylvania). A pity it's been used before.  confused.gif

Pennsylvania isn't that far off from where the game theoretically takes place according to the story (Its just west of Jersey)

@Capone #5: wouldn't that be better to replace police bribes?

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Jan 5 2005, 23:18)
QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Jan 4 2005, 23:57)
Area name idea: pencilvania (from pennsylvania). A pity it's been used before.  confused.gif

Pennsylvania isn't that far off from where the game theoretically takes place according to the story (Its just west of Jersey)

@Capone #5: wouldn't that be better to replace police bribes?

I thought we could have a dollar icon for a police bribe colgate.gif

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:47 PM

I kinda need some great ideas on what to put on my boardwalk smile.gif

Kraxxuz
  • Kraxxuz

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:58 PM

a theme park!

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2005 - 01:36 AM

As far as I know Fun World was originally supposed to go in Myriad but that got scrapped so there aren't any official plans for a themepark in Myriad. I have a lot of ideas for lots I would like to make, I would like to make my own island when Myriad moves to the SA engine.
I think we should replace hidden packages with something like a small pile of money with drugs on top of it, it just seems for realistic that way, why would you get money and rewards for getting a star?
Also I agree with Caponester, for police bribes it should be a dollar sign or something similar to that.

patrickvbbh
  • patrickvbbh

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 January 2005 - 01:28 PM

We Are missing A GREAT THING!

AIRPORT

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2005 - 04:22 PM

Too much space smile.gif how about an air taxi service though? couple helipads etc...infact *steals idea* after all there are helipads littered about MI smile.gif END

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 06 January 2005 - 06:41 PM

Personally, I don't like the idea of using any of R*'s storyline characters or created gangs. For starters, we don't know where they're going with the story, so we may write ourselves into a giant continuity error. R* and/or Take2 would probably prefer we stay out of their story (and copyrighted character pool) as well for the same reason. I asked ages ago if it would be okay if we brought back the Zaibatsu gang from GTA2, but never got an answer. Usually a non-reply like that means "really bad idea, kthxdie". Besides all that, it's more fun to come up with new stuff anyway. smile.gif

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 06 January 2005 - 06:53 PM

I had wanted to make a theme park, but I can't model (I have a load of code I wrote to run alot of theme park rides and stuff realistically). I may look into attempting the modelling for it or getting someone to. (I have been intending to post the code for months now but haven't!)

Few ideas for you:

Big boats out to sea, kind of like lots, just have a few if a few people want to do them.

The hidden packages don't have to be realisic (they were just the letters 'GTA' originally), the star would be a good idea for them, or a super-hidden package (5 or 10 of them).

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2005 - 07:16 PM

I'd like it if you actualy have to think about how to get the package instead of it being easy.For example there was a package in Gta3 which required you to wait till the bridge went up to reach it, some idiot may have seen it as impossible to reach.

You see my point?

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 07 January 2005 - 11:20 AM

Yeah, I did a new hidden packages mod once where I just moved them all, some of them you could see, but were hard to get at, e.g.the top of a tree thet you had to carefully climb, or some other places.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 07 January 2005 - 02:13 PM

pencil + vania = pencilvania

No offence (!) blush.gif

grove st gunna
  • grove st gunna

Straight Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2005 - 05:47 PM

i think there should be an airport just for fun, and someone could redo the flight paths to land on the runway couldnt they?

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 January 2005 - 09:56 AM

If Myriad is put into San Andreas (wich I hope will happen) there will be plenty of space for an airport and countryside. The planes would have to be parked somewere. And by putting Myriad into SanAn you get all the new features. Maby the food eating bit could be gotten rid of... the possibilities are endless... nearly.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 08 January 2005 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (grove st gunna @ Jan 7 2005, 17:47)
i think there should be an airport just for fun, and someone could redo the flight paths to land on the runway couldnt they?

Please read the topic through and the one that reads new to myriad first before making what could only be described as a pointless post. confused.gif

Gibbon*RS
  • Gibbon*RS

very lazy person

• Members

Posted 08 January 2005 - 10:49 AM

I don't want to be annoying, and I don't want to bump any topics up (that's why I didn't post in the train discussion topic), but I was wondering about the train project. I don't understand what actually happened to it...

grove st gunna
  • grove st gunna

Straight Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2005 - 10:57 AM

how about a tram?

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 08 January 2005 - 01:58 PM

Err, the plane on VC DOES land on the runway!

I'm not sure what happened to the train, but a tram was thrown out long ago.#

Train topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users