Photo

GTA PSP Screens soon...

9 replies to this topic
.::Burnout
  • .::Burnout

Release San Andreas on the Degenatron!

• Members

Posted 11 February 2005 - 10:35 PM

Rockstar games sent out a newsletter about the next GTA being oon the PSP and at the end it said tuned for more info and the first media.

willhunter
  • willhunter

bla bla bla - why are you reading this?

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 12:01 PM

great, can't wait, man

lets just hopes its interesting and not just gta3 bored.gif

GTAGuy
  • GTAGuy

Muten Roshi

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 12:44 PM

I'd rather it just be GTA3 than a shotty attempt at a completely new game. Let's just hope that Rockstar Leeds knows what they're doing, and will make a GTA that is faithful to the home console versions.

CJ San Andreas
  • CJ San Andreas

Certified Felon™

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 February 2005 - 02:02 PM

I definitely can't wait. I think the actual game will come out in the fall just like GTA 3, VC and SA.
Here's a screenshot that I took of the e-mail:

user posted image

.::Burnout
  • .::Burnout

Release San Andreas on the Degenatron!

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 03:02 PM

It's being released in april.

CJ San Andreas
  • CJ San Andreas

Certified Felon™

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 February 2005 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (.::Burnout @ Feb 12 2005, 10:02)
It's being released in april.

Oh, wow, never knew that. Screenies should come soon if it comes out in April.

Biddy17
  • Biddy17

Tom Say's Hi ©

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:10 PM

Happy?----- and its being developed in leeds (along with rock* north aswell) biggrin.gif England... lets see if us brits can do as gooder job as the rest -----Happy?

Nitros Oxide
  • Nitros Oxide

Stoner.

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:35 PM

April, thats pretty soon...ne body know when they started making it? Cuz I would hope they're not rushing it...

Mush Mouth
  • Mush Mouth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 February 2005 - 02:44 AM

They really need to give us some pictures already, i mean come on rockstar games always do this to us..... They hold out on us when it comes to previews, they're forgetting if it wasn't for us they wouldn't be were they are today. sad.gif

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States

Posted 18 February 2005 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (Nitros Oxide @ Feb 16 2005, 23:35)
April, thats pretty soon...ne body know when they started making it? Cuz I would hope they're not rushing it...

I don't think it will take a lot of time. Porting the engine will be fairly easy, since the CPU uses nearly the same architecture. The main difference between PS2 and PSP, as far as I can tell, is the rendering pipeline, and since that is usualy taken care by the graphics library, there shouldn't be a need for a lot of moddifications. The story is probably allready written and just needs dialog. The city is allready done, though, they might need to add roofs to the GTA3's LC. If they use roughly the same time as GTA3, the vehicle models will only need to be updated a bit. Perhaps, the poly count will need to be decreased, but that shouldn't take nearly as long as making new models. So pretty much all that is left to do is update the old models, make the models for new characters, and write the new game script. After that, the game is ready for testing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users