I have almost all buildings intalled and I have no crashes smile.gif

Streaming memory - 90
Buildings - 9000
Dummys - 9000

maikel_manson
  • maikel_manson

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 09:12 PM Edited by maikel_manson, 12 February 2005 - 09:25 PM.

help !!! when i install it
i get an error

Opening IDE file: E:\Games\gtavicecity\data\maps\illcomSUB\illcomSUB.ide ... ERROR: Object ID 2900 already used

-------------------------------------------
The script failed. The installation failed.
-------------------------------------------

The Real Agent Orange
  • The Real Agent Orange

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:50 PM Edited by The Real Agent Orange, 12 February 2005 - 11:21 PM.

*edit* Nevermind, sorry

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:19 AM

Myriad does crashes ocassionally if you recklessly drive around the island and spins the camera a lot. Best way to make it 95% crash free is to successfully fly around the island with a Skimmer.

Blatent
  • Blatent

complete noob

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 06:22 AM

you saved me a lot of installing with this gt1 and i cant seem to crash it at all keep up the gd work.

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 11:34 AM

ayayayayay i wasnt dissin ppl's work here, i know everyone has worked there fookin nuts off to get even this far, and for that i am greatful..

it was just the fact that it tended to be rather unstable that got me... and umm btw, not to any offense towards the authors but i dont think the following authors cars fit the mod:

Delfi's
Sadmac

the fish is rather boxy and i dno wot the fook is up with the rear suspension, and delfi's cars just.. well they just dont fit with the gta style :s

if you guys really want i could make you some replacementsw for these cars, as i wouldnt mind doing so.. i fell now that its the least i can do smile.gif

- M57

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 February 2005 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (Monitor57 @ Feb 13 2005, 11:34)
if you guys really want i could make you some replacementsw for these cars, as i wouldnt mind doing so.. i fell now that its the least i can do smile.gif

- M57

I obviously can't speak for the Myriad council, but I for one agree with you and would like this.

SadMac made 2 identical cars which take up 2 spots, both don't realy fit Myriad, Delfis however seem ok, maybe a remake would be for the best though.

Oh and are you ever gonna release that lorry you made for Myriad m57?

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (caponester @ Feb 13 2005, 13:52)
QUOTE (Monitor57 @ Feb 13 2005, 11:34)

- M57

I obviously can't speak for the Myriad council, but I for one agree with you and would like this.

SadMac made 2 identical cars which take up 2 spots, both don't realy fit Myriad, Delfis however seem ok, maybe a remake would be for the best though.

Oh and are you ever gonna release that lorry you made for Myriad m57?

yeah sure its already finished, it just needs adverts to go on the side confused.gif .... which i never got, if u guys can supply me with 2 more adverts for locations (shopping centre's or something that needs lorry transport) on 128x128 templates i will get it released, and it will replace the mule wink.gif

i know that slots already taken, but i took it 1st and reserved it, so technicly its mine...

- M57

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 February 2005 - 02:02 PM

One of the fish cars by Sadistic has already been replaced by a vehicle by Turpuli, I guess you never noticed. We once spoke about both of the cars been changed in irc between a few people due to it not entirely fitting Myriad. There is only 1 fish vehicle left in Myriad but I cant see any harm in replacing it as everyone agreed that it was not as fitting as other vehicles for Myriad.

If you create a new one, maybe try and make it to a similar style. I'll catch up with sadistic sometime about it hopefully.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 02:16 PM

How about those car handlings that makes cars flip over when you're just turning ? That's not normal. I've driven my share of bad old cars in the real world going sideways on dry asfalt whitout ever flipping over. It just never happends like that. You can even make a frickin minibus slide on dry asfalt.

I can live with cars that looks like toy cars in size, shape and whatever, but when you can't even drive them without them flipping over... duh. whatsthat.gif

And I'm not talking about all the cars obviously.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 02:56 PM

The fishes are open game. I officially release the slots.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 09:25 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 13 February 2005 - 10:12 PM.

QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Feb 13 2005, 15:56)
The fishes are open game. I officially release the slots.

blink.gif what's this guy talking about...

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 09:58 PM

I mean that if anyone wants to replace the dragfish/superfish, go ahead.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Feb 13 2005, 21:58)
I mean that if anyone wants to replace the dragfish/superfish, go ahead.

Well the Dragfish slot is taken up already but i eagerly await what Monitor57 has lined up for the Superfish slot. cool.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 12:34 AM

I've never tested Cerbera's Myriad car handling but if he uses the same handling for Vice City, all the large vehicles have unrealistic centre of gravity. I can pop one tire of any large vehicle and the car would flip itself over. A large vehicle doesn't always mean a higher center of gravity.

Duders
  • Duders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 04:58 AM

May I also add that the Sheldon Boa should be modified to look gta styled?

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 14 February 2005 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (duder6131 @ Feb 14 2005, 06:58)
May I also add that the Sheldon Boa should be modified to look gta styled?
yes but stay on topic... theres a pinned car topic at teh top...

yes but stay on topic... theres a pinned car topic at teh top...

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Feb 14 2005, 00:34)
I've never tested Cerbera's Myriad car handling but if he uses the same handling for Vice City, all the large vehicles have unrealistic centre of gravity. I can pop one tire of any large vehicle and the car would flip itself over. A large vehicle doesn't always mean a higher center of gravity.

I used the handling lines that came with the vehicle readme's as they were the official ones and Cerbera's were not. As a personal opinion I don't liek how Cerbera sets up his handling lines, but thats just my opinion. Oh yeah Barton I know what you mean the Cop Car is a prime target for that, it makes it harder which in a way is good but can get annoying.

SyM
  • SyM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 05:20 PM Edited by SyM, 14 February 2005 - 09:32 PM.

Hello all out there...
im just a noob with somethings to say smile.gif

This version v 0.3 is unstable...allways crash after like 3 min
I took the unstable "things" away in the install....still crash but dont that often.. like 8-9 min i can play then
just wanted to say that

// SyMaskin

But i still like it it so cool and so free biggrin.gif love it biggrin.gif

grove st gunna
  • grove st gunna

Straight Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 February 2005 - 06:52 PM

whats inculed in the package?

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:40 PM

Myriad was never stable and it will never be stable. The package should include all the final lots listed in the Central Download Center.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:34 AM

Even if you include all the Final Lots it still will not be Stable at least i think that. I think that first someone needs to get all the files right and fix all the errors that are still in it. But i dont think this one is really unstable i can play for like 3 hours drving trough the whole city and not even one single crash sometimes a huge FPS drop at some lots but it wont crash i think these lots are causing the most problems

- LazioFreaks Park
- Nucliar Facility
maybe some other lots were involved to i dont remeber where my game did really lagged but there were no problems involved at the postoffice or the massivesoft building they were working fine not even one single frame drop.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (SyM @ Feb 14 2005, 17:20)
Hello all out there...

I took the unstable "things" away in the install....still crash but dont that often.. like 8-9 min i can play then
just wanted to say that

// SyMaskin

You need to change the limits of your vice city exe file and then it will run smooth and remeber you cant use any other maps mods with myriad islands or else it will even crash more

put your vice city limits to this values (use the limit adjust)

streaming memory between (120 or 140)
dummy's between 2000 or 2500

and the objects between 2000 or 2500

this will get the game run smooth. and sorry for the double post.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:54 AM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 16 February 2005 - 03:52 PM.

I can make Myriad run for hours if I install the oldest lots and if I don't install the park or that cp's car showroom. They seem to have the same problem. Too detailed. Look at the flower bed in the park. It looks like a poly jungle. Probably just 2 textures crossing each other, but it looks like a jungle. The amount of lights on the westsouth side of the restarant is insane. Makes me wonder how it can run at all. That showroom looks extremely detailed too. That roof almost looks more detailed that the interior. Maby it would work if the interior was made a real interior. Maby repeated buildings using the same texture file is a requirement. notify.gif (I whish I knew what I was talking about. suicidal.gif )

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 February 2005 - 12:29 PM

Cp's garage needs to have a seperate interior, inside is a total poly waste, all those objects...

*shivers

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 15 February 2005 - 12:45 PM

My game is from teh 0.2 release and some other lots that have been release. Even with the older script, my game never crashed, only when I looked left at the start. Myriad seems stable to me, might be becasue you're not setting the streaming mem. up, ect

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:03 PM

Yeah my Myriad has never been more stable right now I've got the 0.2 package but with basicially all new lots added too. I only experience a crash every so often caused mainly by faulty vehicle mods I've added and the camhack.

SyM
  • SyM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 February 2005 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (aad @ Feb 15 2005, 08:36)
QUOTE (SyM @ Feb 14 2005, 17:20)
Hello all out there...

just wanted to say that

// SyMaskin

You need to change the limits of your vice city exe file and then it will run smooth and remeber you cant use any other maps mods with myriad islands or else it will even crash more

put your vice city limits to this values (use the limit adjust)

streaming memory between (120 or 140)
dummy's between 2000 or 2500

and the objects between 2000 or 2500

this will get the game run smooth. and sorry for the double post.

I will try that thanks for the help

// SyMaskin™

SyM
  • SyM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 February 2005 - 06:10 PM

Well it works very fine now biggrin.gif omg what cool it is i love this:D

LazioFreak
  • LazioFreak

VC Mapper

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:54 PM

Nice job! smile.gif
I always forgot to say. Can you change that line in the illcomSE.ide in the park install folder for the next installer package
CODE
2879, park_rest_door, park_rest, 1, 50, 0

to that line?
CODE
2879, park_rest_door, park_buildings, 1, 50, 0

The door in the restaurant has no textures. wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users