» «
Photo

[REL|0.3 BETA] Myriad Installer Package by GT-1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic
GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:09 PM Edited by GT-1, 02 July 2012 - 05:00 PM.

Its got around to that time again already, a newer more up to date version has been released. I know I said this last time but I severely doubt this will be updated anytime soon, I donít have much time to spend fixing lots and getting the package reading anymore thatís why this one has taken a while to be released.
But anyway it seems to work as well as the 0.2 package did but I have noticed one little problem that I have no been able to iron out. Coming back across sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe's bridge towards illcom the game crashes. If you drive around the city before hand and then try it, for me I get no problems it seems to be if you try it first time. Have yet to figure out the problem, its probably a LOD far in the distance and something to that effect.
No new pictures of the updates as I havenít had time to get any, but Iím sure you will enjoy the new lots if you havenít seen them yet. Sorry for the ever increasing size of the pack, but with more lots added whatdya expect?
Also sorry for any problems that were caused with the lsat one, however after testing this it appears to work fine now.

Last Note: If you have problems with the package, try increasing the streaming memory and the dummys and buildings, hopefully it should all work fine then. Feel free to post any feedback whether good or bad but please try to be constructive.[/center]

StickyFinga
  • StickyFinga

Official SRTC ::Represent::

• Members

Posted 11 February 2005 - 10:16 PM

Okeee, the preview version you gave me was runnin smooth as silk, even with
all the unstable lots installed - no crashes at all. This version has some great
new lots compared to the 0.2 and also the mission script update is included.

So I suggest checkin it out bbq.gif .

Nice work, btw G.

Pagnell
  • Pagnell

a.k.a. petebog

• Members

Posted 11 February 2005 - 11:52 PM

Yeah, nice work. A chance for the lazy amongst us to see all the new stuff. wink.gif

Downloading now, I'll set up a torrent for it in the morning.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 February 2005 - 12:02 AM

Awesome work!

Only thing is you left out the lod for Illcom_c1_r2 in the IPL file, a simple fix though.

Great work compiling it all though

Vercetti Gangsta
  • Vercetti Gangsta

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 09:28 AM Edited by Vercetti Gangsta, 12 February 2005 - 10:02 AM.

Sorry but, i think i have found an error GT-1.....
When you have the radio channel Flash FM on in a couple of minutes, there comes an Unhandled Exception.
It says:

Unhandled Exception: c0000005
At Address: 0040c314

Hope you can fix this problem smile.gif

Bumper3D
  • Bumper3D

Still on 80's

• Feroci Racing

Posted 12 February 2005 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (Vercetti Gangsta @ Feb 12 2005, 12:28)
Sorry but, i think i have found an error GT-1.....
When you have the radio channel Flash FM on in a couple of minutes, there comes an Unhandled Exception.
It says:

Unhandled Exception: c0000005
At Address: 0040c314

Hope you can fix this problem smile.gif

Weird... I tested this and listened to Flash FM all night and didn't have any crashes... blink.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 12 February 2005 - 09:58 AM

I have not changed anything at all regarding radio stations, so im unsure as to what the problem could be. I don't really see how this could conflict with the radio however if it is reported by a few people maybe I iwll look into it further.

Sorry Caponester, when I was re-doing the ipl and ide files I must have forgot to put that back in. It's not a major issue I guess though, but thanks for mentioning it.

Vercetti Gangsta
  • Vercetti Gangsta

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:02 AM

I've found one more error:

You can go thru at the end of this wall, in Opius' Plaza:
user posted image

Isn't the map a little too bright??

Pagnell
  • Pagnell

a.k.a. petebog

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:14 AM

As promised, here's the torrent for the new version :

Myriad Installer Torrent Download.

bibli2oo3
  • bibli2oo3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 11:11 AM

I really like myriad tc mod its really promising i keeps on playing myriad all time [0.2] and i dunno wats updated or added in v3 but it sure gonna be rocking so i am dloading it now.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 February 2005 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (Vercetti Gangsta @ Feb 12 2005, 10:02)
I've found one more error:

You can go thru at the end of this wall, in Opius' Plaza:
>Image<

Ok first of all that is nothing to do with Gt-1, that is a collision file error which is the responsibility of the lots author, Opius.

Secondly I agree that the radar screen is too bright, The alpha mask for it is too bright, making it appear almost unreadable ingame.

Fixed Hud

This Is the hud I have ingame currently, I think it's from Mikes myriad mission script mod, but at least the radar disc is good inside

Vercetti Gangsta
  • Vercetti Gangsta

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for the Hud File Caponester. smile.gif

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 12 February 2005 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (caponester @ Feb 12 2005, 14:03)
Secondly I agree that the radar screen is too bright, The alpha mask for it is too bright, making it appear almost unreadable ingame.

cuz no1 downloaded latest radar in teh CDC ph34r.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (Vercetti Gangsta @ Feb 12 2005, 11:02)

Again, I'm not a modeler (at all) but you should never ever use the same textures for the floor, walls and ceiling because it makes a room look like some infinite void. I leared that when I was creating worlds in "duke nukem". Some very small differences in those textures would make a world of difference. And I would like it darker. Contrasts makes it look real pro, like totally dark areas where you can't see a thing and areas lit up. I guess this would be impossible in Myriad with the current pre-lighting and other light settings. A dream place would be a place set up with water dripping from the ceiling with scripted sound effects for each drop of water and blinking lights. blink.gif Like some bombed up car parking garage in Doom 2 or 3. rolleyes.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 12 February 2005 - 03:09 PM

Like Caponester saidit upto the lot author to fix such problems, I actually got the Opie Plaza stable, or that how it seems to me so it shouldn't cause much/if any trouble.

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 04:46 PM

i see you still havent used my smaller vehicle .txd's...

and all i can say about this is "bleep"

streaming memory = 255mb
dummy's = 10000
Buildings = 100000

my verdict.. congratulations, you have won most unstable mod... EVER:

user posted image

and why do i give you this? becuase of all the times i have warned you what to do and how to do it youv done jack sh*t and just ignored me and otherrs that have suggested it to.. MI needs alot of work and uv left it too late to take any action tbh... continue in anyway yu feel becuase i certainly wont be downloading it again as it will be the same as it has always been... un-reliable

a few things why this mod crashes this much:

- massivly oversized .txd files
- polyraped lots
- massivly oversized colfiles (main cause i think)
- lack of lods...

this is only a small list, but theres hell of alot of stuff you can do to make MI run smoother, i have warned u before aswell as others and u take no notice...

- M57

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Monitor57 @ Feb 12 2005, 17:46)
i see you still havent used my smaller vehicle .txd's...

and all i can say about this is "bleep"

streaming memory = 255mb
dummy's = 10000
Buildings = 100000

my verdict.. congratulations, you have won most unstable mod... EVER:

and why do i give you this? becuase of all the times i have warned you what to do and how to do it youv done jack sh*t and just ignored me and otherrs that have suggested it to.. MI needs alot of work and uv left it too late to take any action tbh... continue in anyway yu feel becuase i certainly wont be downloading it again as it will be the same as it has always been... un-reliable

a few things why this mod crashes this much:

- massivly oversized .txd files
- polyraped lots
- massivly oversized colfiles (main cause i think)
- lack of lods...

this is only a small list, but theres hell of alot of stuff you can do to make MI run smoother, i have warned u before aswell as others and u take no notice...

- M57

happy.gif

I'm just glad somebody cares. Would it be possible to fix all that with some fancy automated tool ?

"Texture reducer v0.1 alpha". biggrin.gif

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:10 PM

I honestly have to contain myself after reading that post Monitor, that was shockingly misinformed.

Firslty Myriads Txd files have been reduced, Spaceeinsteen has compressed all buildings, base land and radar textures, while you have compressed all vehicles up until december I believe.

This release features only lots with Lods, not Lodless lots to be found here I am afraid.

The Poly whoring idea is over rated, Most of Myriad buildings are suprisingly low poly, with the exception of 1 or 2.

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (caponester @ Feb 12 2005, 18:10)
I honestly have to contain myself after reading that post Monitor, that was shockingly misinformed.

Firslty Myriads Txd files have been reduced, Spaceeinsteen has compressed all buildings, base land and radar textures, while you have compressed all vehicles up until december I believe.

This release features only lots with Lods, not Lodless lots to be found here I am afraid.

The Poly whoring idea is over rated, Most of Myriad buildings are suprisingly low poly, with the exception of 1 or 2.

to many ppl's standard.... im a low poly freak so wen i look at wireframes in Moomapper of normal creations i tend to think "omagod.."

but i spose ur right, but not abt the colfiles.. the only way i have managed to get a normal vc install to crash as much as mi is to contain some large colfiles.. then it starts to crash randomly... like mi <-- that might be a big problem..

and abt the .txd files.. i wasnt on about compressed textures i was on about the size of the txd file itself.. iv found over 1mb txd files, now for such a mod with loads of other problems this put immense stress on the game loading up this particulour file..

and the hasnt included my compressed vehicle txd files.. cos i looked just now and it still uses the normal txd files..

and i would of thought by now someone would have fixed the wheels.dff (axis misplacement, puts wheels too far into the arches)

about the lods, i know this has never been done but the standard mi base land is quite high poly in itself.. so all of the spare lots without lod might be another reason why it crashes... just a thought.

- M57

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:21 PM

@Monitor

The current Myriad install is almost crash free, When was the last time in all truthfullness you played Myriad Islands? smile.gif

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (caponester @ Feb 12 2005, 18:21)
@Monitor

The current Myriad install is almost crash free, When was the last time in all truthfullness you played Myriad Islands? smile.gif

20 mins ago sarcasm.gif

i would call it anything else but crash free....

- M57

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:36 PM

Well it's not totaly crash free, but its close to it.

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (caponester @ Feb 12 2005, 18:36)

once every 7 minutes is crash free? confused.gif somehow i dont thnik so..

and im running on:

streaming memory = 255mb
dummy's = 10000
Buildings = 100000

with an amd 2600, Radeon 9600 Saphire XT 4XAA 4XAS

bbq.gif

- M57

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:51 PM Edited by GT-1, 12 February 2005 - 07:15 PM.

Lets straighten a few things out then eh Monitor? Anyone's opinions are welcome for this map project because its a Community project, take this how you like it because I donít give a sh!t really.

Your vehicle textures, in-fact yes I was going to use them when I looked for the topic with them all the links were dead, since you had no interest in Myriad anymore I was un-sure as to whether you would have kept them or not. Feel free to post a working d/l link here as it would be a pleasure to include them.

Now let's get onto something which you actually don't know about. Yes v0.1 had problem which I fixed in v0.2, hell I asked about 15 people to test it including Steve-M, GK, BH and others they all said it worked fine. I moved on with my package to 0.3 which for me and others who have tested it works absolutely fine. I like the way how you come in here and say this mod is BS when its certainly the largest modification and also the most well known modification in the whole GTA Community.

Everyone knows that Myriad Islands has its problems thatís not a secret, its a community project on an internet forum we are not all getting paid and working for huge international corporations now are we?

Ever thought that you installed something in-correctly? Ever thought that you didn't read the readme included with the pack? Ever though of explaining the problem instead of posting BS? Ever care to think how you could help the problems? Its a community project after all...

If you downloaded 0.3 and had the correct settings that were described in the remade then you will find this is not the most unstable mod ever. All the people who have tested this mod for me and said it worked does this make them liars? All the people who have posted in this topic saying nice one teh mod works, have I paid them to say that?

Try to post some constructive crit or something that will actually help the cause instead of just writing a lot of information that goes against everything people have said. Your creating a mod yourself, when you release it by people saying its sh*t it doesn't work Iím sure you will ask them to explain further to help the cause.

Lets go for a little edit now then, yeah you have started to be more constructive by saying what you feel is the cause of theses crashes you are having. Can you be more specific? Which lots you feel are the cause of this, which textures, which lots are high poly and have problematic cols? Anything would be helpful...

If anyone else has problems which Mon has been having them then feel free to post the only way the problems will be fixed will be through knowing about them. Personally I don't get any crashes at all with Myriad and my new package.

Duders
  • Duders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:51 PM

Tested it. Seems really nice and crash free but some buildings just have horrible and lo res textures that make it look shabby and ugly. Also, some of the cars in myriad needs some scaling to do and some just needs proper 3d wheels.

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:52 PM

I'm still on 0.2, dunno really if it's fixed in 0.3 but I thought I mentioned it as well. Some of the cars have bad lod. They're way too boxy. When I ride around and I approach too fast, the lod switches to the 'real' model at the last moment, so one second I can see those driving boxes, next second I see a car.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:54 PM

It is fixed but u need to put the limits heigher then is subscribed in the readme

to get the 0,3 version running put the limits of the gtavc.exe this values

objects: 2000

Dummy's : 2000

streaming memory 120

this works perfect im gonna play it now and test for crashes and bugs hope it solves a few but it worked for me.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (Monitor57 @ Feb 12 2005, 18:45)
QUOTE (caponester @ Feb 12 2005, 18:36)

once every 7 minutes is crash free? confused.gif somehow i dont thnik so..

and im running on:

streaming memory = 255mb
dummy's = 10000
Buildings = 100000

with an amd 2600, Radeon 9600 Saphire XT 4XAA 4XAS

bbq.gif

- M57

Monitor just put the values right dude it works perfect.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 12 February 2005 - 08:02 PM

Yeah maybe I was harsh in my last post to you Monitor I see it this way, by coming in here and posting and ranting heavily doesn't get anyone anywhere including teh mod, as its a community project we should all aim to get it fixed up.

I'll edit my first post with what aad said and add a little message on m i dot com. I would prefer Myriad to work perfectly and its getting much better than it was in the past. smile.gif

@ Mick, thats because car authors have not included the chassis_vlo, which basically means they have no lod model and only appear when you get close to them like buildings with no lods. They could do with fixing up really....

Vercetti Gangsta
  • Vercetti Gangsta

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 08:47 PM

My game runs a lot better with the same limits as AAD:

streaming memory 120
objects: 2000
Dummy's : 2000

I have no crashes anymore smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users