Quantcast

» «
Photo

Ok, i knew about modding unmodable cars but...

129 replies to this topic
pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 04:41 PM Edited by pinky, 05 April 2005 - 05:17 PM.

Here is my full FAQ on ARMax style modding.
Hope it clears somethings up.

Cheat Device Car Modifying Techniques Explained
Brought to you by pinky.In association with GTABoards

Warning Cheat Device Required
There is no point reading any further if you donít have a cheat device of some sort, unless you are just curious to how all those crazy cars you see on your site are created or you are not doing anything else for a while.

user posted image
Things like this modified Monster for example. Clover to Monster conversion.

user posted image
Or perhaps more radical mods like this Rancher.
Taxi to Clover, to Elegy, to Rancher conversion.

Simple Chain
The simplest of techniques is the Two Stage Chain.
Activate the Garage Modifier Code for whatever car takes your fancy and load up SanAndreas.
Then take any car, my personal preference is the Clover because it will give you very wide rear rims, and modify itís wheels at the Modshop that accepts it e.g. Transfender. Also fit Hydraulics, Nitro, Paint Scheme and Stereo Bass. All of these are transferable to almost any car, however the Monster does not accept Hydraulics and in the case of Bikes either petrol driven or pushbikes it is best only to change the paint colours.
Take this modified car, I will refer to this as the Donor car, to the Safehouse garage that your Garage Modifier Code operates on.
Place it in the garage and walk away until the door closes, return to the garage and when it opens your replacement vehicle will be inside.
If you stick to just modifying only the parts mentioned above you will almost receive 100% success.
Some of the cars with two tone paint schemes may come out with only one section painted in your choice colour, the answer to this is use a car with two tone paint as your Donor car.

Never save your game until you have made sure that your replacement vehicle will leave the garage.
I can never stress enough how important that this is, just donít ignore it at any cost. Your creation may be a game crasher, open the garage and make sure the car will either come out or not crash the game completely. If so either donít save or reset your console.
If you do accidentally save, you have to enter the Garage Modifier Code for the original Donor vehicle, as this one can handle the mods you have given it and re-load SanAndreas. You should now get access to your garage without a crash.
A couple of good Simple Chain examples.

user posted image
The 1992 TypeR range from Blista.

user posted image
The Euros GTR

Multiple Chain
You can create vehicles with a major amount of modifications and their parts can be scavenged from others vehicles.
The maximum amount of links to this kind of Chain is probably about five, more can be achievable but not really worthwhile, unless you are trying to create a motoring masterpiece. Good luck to you if you are.
The first step.
Nab a Taxi, if you havenít completed 100 Taxi Fares skip this step, if you have this will give your creation unlimited shots of Nitro. Now take your first Donor car and put it in the garage that your Garage Modifier Codes work on, save your game and reset your console with your Cheat Device active.
The second step.
Enable the Garage Modifier Code for your second Donor car, in my case the Clover, because as stated before it gives you massive wide rims. Take this car to itís respective Modshop and alter the Wheels, Hydraulics, Nitro if you skipped step one, and Stereo Bass. Return this car to your original safe house and again save. Reset your console with your Cheat Device enabled.
The third step
Enable the Garage Modifier Code for your third Donor car, in my case an Elegy. Take this car to itís respective Modshop and alter the Wheel style (if you want too), Spoiler and Roof Scoops (only if your next car will already allow the fitting of these parts, see ďExceptionsĒ later). Return this car to your original safe house and again save. Reset your console with your Cheat Device enabled.
The fourth step
Enable the Garage Modifier Code for your fourth Donor car, in my case a standard type Rancher. In the majority of cases this car will make a good second last step car, it can accept all parts except Sideskirts and allows the alteration of both paint colours. Take this car to itís respective Modshop and alter the Bonnet Scoops, Exhaust, Fog lights (only if your next car will already allow the fitting of these parts, see ďExceptionsĒ later) and Paint schemes . Return this car to your original safe house and again save. Reset your console with your Cheat Device enabled.
The fifth stage
This one is easy. Enable the Garage Modifier Code for your fifth and final car, in my case an FBI Rancher. Once your game loads, open the garage and there it is, the end result of all your hard work.
Enjoy it.

Again I will remind you.
Never save your game until you have made sure that your replacement vehicle will leave the garage.
I can never stress enough how important that this is, just donít ignore it at any cost. Your creation may be a game crasher, open the garage and make sure the car will either come out or not crash the game completely. If so either donít save or reset your console.
If you do accidentally save, you have to enter the Garage Modifier Code for the original Donor vehicle, as this one can handle the mods you have given it and re-load SanAndreas. You should now get access to your garage without a crash.
An example of a Multiple Chain vehicle.

user posted image

user posted image

Exceptions
When creating your vehicle remember that not all parts are interchangeable.
The FBI Rancher example given here does not accept the Fog Lights from its Donor cars, as a rule be careful with Law Enforcement vehicles in general, they can be tricky and you cannot put them in Modshops to test out what they will accept.
The best way to see what your replacement car will accept, do this for all steps to achieve more chance of success, is to take it to itís respective Modshop and see what you can fit on it.
99% of the time, if a car will allow you to fit a spoiler then it will take one from any Modshop, they are interchangeable between Transfender and WheelArch Angels.
Now itís time for the subject of Lowriders, these tend to be more tricky.
Try and limit yourself to only swapping parts between other Lowriders, even then check the replacement car can receive a part from itís Donor e.g. a Slamvanís bullbars seem to be exclusive of itself. Swapping bumpers between Lowriders tend to just look messy as well.
Some of these creations are just trial and error, have patience and keep trying different combinations to create a car that you can call your own.
You will have a few crashes on the road to perfection, just keep at it.

When mods go bad
Here are some of examples of the horrors created, and you will have to create some monsters before you will get a beauty.

user posted image

user posted image

Your Creation
Others may scorn you for these vehicles because they are born of Cheat Devices, but as you can see they are no easy creation, some will in fact take hours and thousands of your SanAndreas dollars to create, like the FBI Rancher. This is because all the re-loading and travelling between Modshops, not forgetting troubleshooting and testing.
You have made a rarity and have earned some respect, at least from me for doing so.
Enjoy driving it.
Then make some more.
pinky

Here is my favourite creation, it is only a Simple Chain conversion, I will have to redo it with a Taxi in there to get the unlimited shots of Nitro.

user posted image

user posted image
The Blista Compact TypeR

playguy
  • playguy

The ubber n00b...

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 06:23 PM

Nice one.But you forgot to put there that if you want to have Loco Low hidros (the highes ones) on your car, before you take the first car the clover or the taxi to the garage, just take a tahoma o some car that can go to the Loco Low garage and put hidros and put in the garage.If you got the cheat device to spawn a clover, it will have the loco low hidros.You can do this with any car.

ummm
  • ummm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 February 2005 - 08:23 PM

I don't have AR, i have gameshark, and every time i open a garage with the mod code on it my game crashes. i think its the enabler code im using or something. does anyone have a code list for gameshark 2 v4?

pinky
  • pinky

• Members

Posted 18 February 2005 - 08:31 PM

Try these sites for codes.
The GFCC.
Codemasters Project.

You should be able to get a link to one of Skiller's sites from either of these, the only one I have is the ARMax site, no use to you whatsoever.
So far Skillers have been by far my favourite codes, I just wish there was more hours in the day so he could update the Pal site more often. rolleyes.gif

@playguy.
Thanks for the info, I never realised that the LocoLowCo hydraulics were higher than the rest. For you cookie.gif .

Skiller
  • Skiller

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 February 2005 - 09:04 PM

Database thread

there is the database info.. your best bet is to Convert the Raw codes to armax ..

everyone should know how to do this .. its simple .. if not .. i realy think u should pick up a Codebreaker/Gameshark/Xploder on of them its much simpler .. tounge.gif

Use Maxconvert set input to raw output to Armax put one of the below game id and Regions in ( Make sure u are converting the right raw codes to the right region .. as in UK/French Raw to UK or French Armax and so on ..)

then press convert .. the top line is always diffrent if u have the right game ID and region the codes will work .. dont worry about the top line changeing this is normal..

Game ID 069C - Region USA = Ntsc
Game ID 06A3 - Region Pal = UK
Game ID 06A4 - Region Pal = French
Game ID 06B0 - Region Pal = DE/German

pinky
  • pinky

• Members

Posted 18 February 2005 - 10:51 PM

Thanks Skiller, I didn't realise that there were separate Raw codes for each region as well.
[self harm] Pinky bangs head off wall a couple of times[/self harm]
You really don't get much time to play the game, do you. wink.gif

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:17 PM

I don't get it dontgetit.gif
My brain herts

ummm
  • ummm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:17 PM

hey thx guys, one complaint tho- skiller, u confused the hell outa me with your conversion stuff. cookie.gif cookie.gif

muppetmaster
  • muppetmaster

Complete Disasterô

• Members

Posted 19 February 2005 - 01:03 AM

Hey cool, this is just like when farmers do selective breeding to get the best qualities of each animal to get a hybrid, or in this case.. cars biggrin.gif

edsion 2
  • edsion 2

the mafia lives on

• Members

Posted 19 February 2005 - 02:43 AM

mod the buffalo

Timpo
  • Timpo

Trash

• Members

Posted 19 February 2005 - 12:25 PM

this stuff also works with ultimate cheats, it is COOL
thanx for that nice guide

Pubicmonkey
  • Pubicmonkey

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 February 2005 - 12:30 PM

Ok i'm a little confused by what i'm supposed to put into that maxconverter program here.. I i wanted to turn car 1 at the verdant medows hangar into a firetruck would i put in this code?

XRG1-9NN5-WJ610
H6PN-6899-4AX71
QD60-EAUT-ZJ14K

Everytime i click encrypt the top line of the code changes. dontgetit.gif

parry
  • parry

• Members

Posted 19 February 2005 - 12:34 PM

I think if the top line changes but none of the others then the code is right.

Pubicmonkey
  • Pubicmonkey

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 February 2005 - 12:43 PM Edited by Pubicmonkey, 19 February 2005 - 01:04 PM.

Ok. I'm tryin it out now with a landstalker code. ARMax accepted the code so i've just gotta test whether it works or not.

The code hasn't changed any cars into a landstalker confused.gif Don't i need a folder for all the car codes to go in?

ummm
  • ummm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2005 - 07:15 PM

hey, i finally have a contribution to make. for those of you that are stupid ( like me ) or technically challenged, you can convert the color of cars and add hydraulics, wheels, etc. with a seperate code w/o goin through the "selective breeding". the codes are at http://www.codemaste.....icle Mods.htm. yay for gameshark!!!

Carbon_copy
  • Carbon_copy

Video Games are dumb

• Members

Posted 19 February 2005 - 07:31 PM

I know that Youve tried to put a body kit on the turismo from wheels Arch angels
but as anyone tried with any other car and come out Correct?
Becuase in some cases when i try to put mods on other cars when the
garage door is about to open my game crashes.

Pubicmonkey
  • Pubicmonkey

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 February 2005 - 08:34 PM

I've neever seen anything other than spoilers from WAA work on other cars properly. Bumpers and sideskirts are always in the wrong position.

pinky
  • pinky

• Members

Posted 19 February 2005 - 08:52 PM Edited by pinky, 19 February 2005 - 08:59 PM.

The roof scoops from WheelArchAngels transfer over no problem as well.
The Elegy rear spoilers tend to sit a little bit lower on other cars too, look close at the purple Rancher below. Apart from that, the body kits don't go on anything else that I know of yet.
The same goes for Bumpers from LocoLowCo some they fit, some they don't.
It is a shame about the roofs for the Savanna and the Blade as well, they are almost interchangable with each other but not quite. The Savanna would have looked nice with that sloped roof too.

user posted image

user posted image

grovestreet123
  • grovestreet123

You Wanna Play Rough!?

• Members

Posted 20 February 2005 - 08:34 PM

well wat i decided to do was do that little trick wat pinky suggested with the headlight off other cars and the colour off the traffic lights but i dident do traffic lights or the car headlights i used the green glow off the ten green bottles bar here are some pics of my remington
the 1st pic the remington has a rear bumper off a savanna smile.gif
user posted image
these pics are the remington parked near the ten green bottles pub cool.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Carbon_copy
  • Carbon_copy

Video Games are dumb

• Members

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (grovestreet123 @ Feb 20 2005, 15:34)
well wat i decided to do was do that little trick wat pinky suggested with the headlight off other cars and the colour off the traffic lights but i dident do traffic lights or the car headlights i used the green glow off the ten green bottles bar here are some pics of my remington
the 1st pic the remington has a rear bumper off a savanna smile.gif
user posted image
these pics are the remington parked near the ten green bottles pub cool.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Your saying all these things about headlights and green lights and stuff
do these things have to do with the fact on how to put that back bumper
you put on that car? And have you tried any toehr loco low cars?

grovestreet123
  • grovestreet123

You Wanna Play Rough!?

• Members

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:19 PM

i tried a slamvan but it was crazy and wouldent fit into place on teh front and here is something a little crazy but kool pic smile.gif
user posted image

Burner
  • Burner

Big McLargehuge

• Members

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:29 AM

Is there a way to get wheels that are not available at mod shops onto other cars? Ex: The mag wheels from the camper being put on something else.

grovestreet123
  • grovestreet123

You Wanna Play Rough!?

• Members

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:14 PM

check this out wat i did with a rancher cool.gif
user posted image

Carbon_copy
  • Carbon_copy

Video Games are dumb

• Members

Posted 22 February 2005 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (grovestreet123 @ Feb 22 2005, 14:14)
check this out wat i did with a rancher cool.gif
user posted image

w00t! Nice car D00D

Gatecrasher
  • Gatecrasher

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:05 AM

I tried that but my game crashed! Why?

pinky
  • pinky

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:43 PM

It deosn't fit properly anyway, it's just a camera trick to make it look like it does. If he posted a side on veiw you would understand.
As for your crash, you are maybe trying to add too many parts that the vehicle won't take.
Try adding them one at a time.

Sodisna
  • Sodisna

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 February 2005 - 05:49 PM

A Tampa can have an Jester spoiler.
I may have a theroy as how card work.

playguy
  • playguy

The ubber n00b...

• Members

Posted 01 March 2005 - 11:20 PM

BUMP it

Cube623
  • Cube623

100% Completion 3rd Time Lucky

• Members

Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:01 AM

i'm confused to what the garage modifier code is?

is it the replace car 1 or car 2 in CJ garage to : #####

pinky
  • pinky

• Members

Posted 03 March 2005 - 04:55 PM

Cube623 Posted on Mar 3 2005, 07:01
  i'm confused to what the garage modifier code is?

is it the replace car 1 or car 2 in CJ garage to : #####

That is the one my friend, now go forth and modify.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users