Photo

[Other] Supply Depot.

9 replies to this topic
TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 04 February 2005 - 08:45 PM

I IM'ed Illy earlier with this Idea and he gave it the green light, so here it is:

This place is for all us modders to put our resources for us all to share on this project. If you have some generic plants and benches or funiture that you made, post it here. If you have textures you got from VC or if you made them on your own, post them here. What I'm hoping will happen from this is a pool of resources, for us all to pull from, so that we can create diverse content, but still maintain some kinda of continuity. This should create a myriad 'style' among the general buildings but still allow diversity in the buildings of interest.

Try to keep the chatter to a minimum, in terms of C&C, if your posting objects or textures please include a picture of what your including. You can zip if its multiple things, but try to include images of some kind. If its a texture it might be better if you include a in-game or on-object screen shot/render. I'm not great at starting topics, so if you think something about the rules should be changed then post that here as well.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:00 PM

but then some noob comes and steals our work...

Maybe we should do that in private topic? or use passwords for zip and rar?

But good teh idea

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:08 PM

can we share textures too?

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:14 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 04 February 2005 - 10:22 PM.

Are you saying people can't steal whatever you create already ? Ofcourse they can. They can download single lots, steal one single texture and release it on some underground private forum in a place not invented yet. blink.gif

This is needed for mission scripted objects anyway because the current way of detecting lots wih the mission script is just plain stupid. Wanna know how it works ? An invisible red barrel is placed in a spot where a lot is supposed to be in. If it doesn't fall, the lot is installed. If it falls, there is no lot. If that code for some reason fails, the mission script tries to draw up mission scripted objects it thinks is installed simply because that stupid barrel fell. Or tipped over. blush.gif BTW, no flames needed because it usually works. Like 99 in a hundred ? Never counted really. blush.gif blush.gif

edit: Pinned because illspirit probably wants that. blush.gif

edit 2: Is there a forum clown award ? blush.gif

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:28 PM

if we submit "work by work" or "object by object" it will be easy to steal but when it's in 1 big pack it's hard to steal

like find a nail in big trash hole

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 04 February 2005 - 11:41 PM

http://www.noctua-gr...h/freetex_e.htm

My main texture site.

timmy2004
  • timmy2004

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 February 2005 - 12:03 AM

Wow.

Thanks so much.

Where did you get them.

I used to have alot of trouble finding textures. Thanks so much.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:07 AM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 05 February 2005 - 01:17 AM.

QUOTE (Snow Racer @ Feb 4 2005, 23:28)
if we submit "work by work" or "object by object" it will be easy to steal but when it's in 1 big pack it's hard to steal

like find a nail in big trash hole

When exactly did people stop releasing single lots ? When did the world change in such a dramatic way ? When on gods green earth will people be content with an undebuggable installer package that causes the game to crash without anybody at all knowing why and without anybody knowing how to fix it ? Would such a thing make you happy Snow Racer ? Does ignoring everything I ever say or do get you high in a ways nobody knows anything about ? Not even me ? Will you do the debugging when everything else fails ?

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 05 February 2005 - 02:04 AM

Keep the arguing down and try to share a little more. Thanx for getting us rolling Sadist.
I have a couple sites like that too, just to get us moving a bit more:
http://lemog.club.fr/index.html
http://webchantier.f...que/index2.html

Ekamentus
  • Ekamentus

Myriad Modeller

• Members

Posted 08 February 2005 - 10:01 PM

3dCafe
This is a good one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users