and here is GMax Version
HTML version of this tutorial here!
For this tools update, please visit here
1. Run my DFF IO script and import the standard VC player.
- Make sure Auto Skin(Little 'A' button beside 'Skin the character' button) is unchecked before import
2. Hide or delete the Char mesh, you are going to use yours!
3. Now you can get your own char into Max.
- As you can see, my model didn't fit the bones and oriantation at first
4. Use Move, Rotate, scale to make the char about to fit the bones.
Hint: Make your Char's lowest part(toe) similar to original's to prevent it floating ingame
5. Select your Char then go to Utility Panel and press Reset XForm.
- A XForm Modifier will be added to your Char. Scale and Rotation are now reset to all 0
6. If the position is not read as [0,0,0]. Reset it!
- Go to Hierarchy Panel -> Pivot -> Affect Pivot Only. Move it to [0,0,0]
7. Move and Rotate the bones to fit your Char.
- Don't touch the 'Root' bone. Leave it as it is.
Hint: Freeze your Char and 'Root' bone so you won't be able to move it accidentally
8. Select your Char again and add a Skin Modifier to it.
9. In Skin Modifier, click 'Add Bone' and select all bones.
10. In Envelope sub-mode. Select each bone and adjust the envelopes one by one.
- Make sure every Vertex is bind to at least on bone. Otherwise my script will crash when you try to export it.
11. Time to export your Char. Select your Char ONLY!
- Open the Export rollout. Make sure 'Vice City' checkbutton is checked.(Green Color one)
- Make your selection about the Geometry Flag. Original VC Character is 'MMC'=off 'UV'=on 'Nor'=on 'VCol'=off
- Now press the 'Bones/Skin Export'. And enjoy your new VC Character ingame.
Edited by Kam, 08 April 2005 - 09:09 PM.