Photo

IMG 1.2

24 replies to this topic
REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:01 PM

I should have released this ages ago, but other stuff always seems to be getting in the way.

One or two new features, San Andreas playstation 2 support and new Move Up and Move Down for files in the archive.
Under the bonnet I have rewritten the entire thing.
IMG 1.1 was a couple hundred kb more than 1.2 and 1.2 has more code and more GUI elements so that will show you just how much of a difference there is.

Any bugs please post or e-mail me, this is a beta but its been working for me for months now with no trouble.
Any sugestions about new functions / features please post or e-mail them to me.
Pudding dispensers will not be considered.

If using the beta version of IMG do not just dump it over the old version. If you do it may not function correctly.

Homepage: www.turnipfan.com/tool_img.html
Download: IMG 1.2 Beta 2 (93kb, Updated 7th Feb 05)
Download: IMG 1.1 (1.86mb)

Squiddy
  • Squiddy

Back!

• The Connection

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:11 PM

That sounds good. I didn't tested it yet, but looked trough the features list. Great work. Drag & drop is a very nice feature, should speed up work a bit. smile.gif

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:46 PM

Unfortunately doesn't open ps2 .img's for me at all sad.gif .

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (Mark Pagliaro @ Jan 18 2005, 14:46)

Anyone else have this problem because all the san andreas .img files open fine for me straight off the ps2 disk.

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:37 AM

Well I fixed my problem I guess it is because I hadn't installed over the previous version. I copied it over to the previous version folder and it works. I love this tool. I no longer need iripper this is great.

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (Mark Pagliaro @ Jan 19 2005, 01:37)
Well I fixed my problem I guess it is because I hadn't installed over the previous version. I copied it over to the previous version folder and it works. I love this tool. I no longer need iripper this is great.

Thanks, glad you fixed your problem.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:17 PM Edited by Cerbera, 19 January 2005 - 04:41 PM.

Hoporah, no more frames on your site! colgate.gif

I assume this is still fully backward compliant with GTA3, yeah? Bit dissapointed about the pudding dispensers, that would have been awesome.

(EDIT) Now time for the bugs/disagreements list!
  1. The program assumes you are using "C:\Program Files\GTA\Myriad islands\models\gta3.img" as your default IMG archive. I doubt most people even have a folder called "GTA" in there, let along a "Myriad Islands" subfolder.
  2. Still no accesskeys for the menu titles, items or submenu items. What language is the GUI built in? Most visual languages provide really easy accesskey support...in VB you just add an "&" in the caption before the letter you want to use.
  3. Same goes for settings windows, there are no accesskeys.
  4. Recent files list should not be in a submenu, it should be in the Files menu. And only have four items. That's the convention.
  5. There should not be a seperator between File Open and File Close operations. There would be a seperator between them and the recent files list, though.
  6. Reload Archive is more like a Commands command than a File command? Sort of like "Rebuild Archive" or something. Why is it needed anyway?
  7. Assuming the user wants stuff like archive check result written to the system clipboard could mean that they loose critical data which they have stored their. Prompt them first.
  8. During long operations the GUI freezes in Windows XP. I have noticed this sometimes happens with my programs, such as SiteStudio. Might just be a VB or winXP problem?
The program populates the list in an unbelievably fast time! I can see that you really must have worked hard on optimisations to get such outstanding performance. Just need to get the interface up to the same standard.

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:37 PM

Yea the frames thing sucked.
Some of things you mentioned are on my todo list, some i will look into.
Thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated,
-Dave

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2005 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (REspawn @ Jan 20 2005, 21:37)
Yea the frames thing sucked.
Some of things you mentioned are on my todo list, some i will look into.
Thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated,
-Dave

While using NotePad in WindowsXP to run some Replace All functions through some IPL files, I noticed that even the interface on that freezes occasionally. It seems to be that if another window gets the focus, the GUI resources are shifted away from the running program. However, although the GUI resources are cut off the actual program code continues, so it actually does the operation faster because it is not having to run GUI refresh code.

Any specific ideas about any of the things I have suggested?

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 January 2005 - 10:33 AM

/* Aha! now i remember; every time i use the "replace" feature, it defaults back to a certain folder (in this case, my max 3 / scene directory). Could you make it so that it automatically opens up the last folder i was in, when i used Replace? */

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 26 January 2005 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (ashdexx @ Jan 26 2005, 10:33)
/* Aha! now i remember; every time i use the "replace" feature, it defaults back to a certain folder (in this case, my max 3 / scene directory). Could you make it so that it automatically opens up the last folder i was in, when i used Replace? */

Sorry about that.
I think i have some time this evening.

OmegaX22
  • OmegaX22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2005 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (REspawn @ Jan 19 2005, 01:28)
QUOTE (Mark Pagliaro @ Jan 18 2005, 14:46)

Anyone else have this problem because all the san andreas .img files open fine for me straight off the ps2 disk.

Im having that problem. I installed IMG v 1.1, then downloaded 1.2 beta and copied the files into the original programs directory. If i try and open any files of my San Andreas disc nothing hapens.

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 02 February 2005 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (OmegaX22 @ Feb 1 2005, 17:32)
Im having that problem. I installed IMG v 1.1, then downloaded 1.2 beta and copied the files into the original programs directory. If i try and open any files of my San Andreas disc nothing hapens.

Dont copy img 1.2 beta over the original files.
That should sort you out.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 February 2005 - 04:14 PM

Hmm, falling thread. Nice work Dave, nearly missed this one, seems to work fine over here. smile.gif

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 06 February 2005 - 07:55 PM

Thanks GT-1, have a small update which i will upload soon, it has some small changes and the ones ashdexx suggested.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:08 PM Edited by Snow Racer, 06 February 2005 - 08:11 PM.

lol
I downloaded that when topic was created but forget to post comment... so eat some cookie.gif x10 for your great work smile.gif

made my life better
::edit
removed some cookies cuz there was 2 much

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 07 February 2005 - 07:20 PM

Thanks Snow!

I uploaded hte new version.
img_beta.rar 93kb

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2005 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (REspawn @ Feb 7 2005, 19:20)
Thanks Snow!

img_beta.rar 93kb
Still no accelerator keys in the menus and there are still some curious item arrangements in them.
QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 19 2005, 16:17)
  1. The program assumes you are using "C:\Program Files\GTA\Myriad islands\models\gta3.img" as your default IMG archive.  I doubt most people even have a folder called "GTA" in there, let along a "Myriad Islands" subfolder.
  2. Still no accesskeys for the menu titles, items or submenu items.  What language is the GUI built in?  Most visual languages provide really easy accesskey support...in VB you just add an "&" in the caption before the letter you want to use.
  4. Recent files list should not be in a submenu, it should be in the Files menu.  And only have four items.  That's the convention.
  5. There should not be a seperator between File Open and File Close operations.  There would be a seperator between them and the recent files list, though.
  6. Reload Archive is more like a Commands command than a File command?  Sort of like "Rebuild Archive" or something.  Why is it needed anyway?
  7. Assuming the user wants stuff like archive check result written to the system clipboard could mean that they loose critical data which they have stored their.  Prompt them first.
  8. During long operations the GUI freezes in Windows XP.  I have noticed this sometimes happens with my programs, such as SiteStudio.  Might just be a VB or winXP problem?
The program populates the list in an unbelievably fast time!  I can see that you really must have worked hard on optimisations to get such outstanding performance.  Just need to get the interface up to the same standard.
It does not seem to be assuming the initial location of the IMG archive, which is good.

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Feb 12 2005, 14:46)
QUOTE (REspawn @ Feb 7 2005, 19:20)
Thanks Snow!

img_beta.rar 93kb
Still no accelerator keys in the menus and there are still some curious item arrangements in them.
QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 19 2005, 16:17)

1. The program assumes you are using "C:\Program Files\GTA\Myriad islands\models\gta3.img" as your default IMG archive.  I doubt most people even have a folder called "GTA" in there, let along a "Myriad Islands" subfolder.

2. Still no accesskeys for the menu titles, items or submenu items.  What language is the GUI built in?  Most visual languages provide really easy accesskey support...in VB you just add an "&" in the caption before the letter you want to use.

4. Recent files list should not be in a submenu, it should be in the Files menu.  And only have four items.  That's the convention.

5. There should not be a seperator between File Open and File Close operations.  There would be a seperator between them and the recent files list, though.

6. Reload Archive is more like a Commands command than a File command?  Sort of like "Rebuild Archive" or something.  Why is it needed anyway?

7. Assuming the user wants stuff like archive check result written to the system clipboard could mean that they loose critical data which they have stored their.  Prompt them first.

8. During long operations the GUI freezes in Windows XP.  I have noticed this sometimes happens with my programs, such as SiteStudio.  Might just be a VB or winXP problem?

The program populates the list in an unbelievably fast time!  I can see that you really must have worked hard on optimisations to get such outstanding performance.  Just need to get the interface up to the same standard.
It does not seem to be assuming the initial location of the IMG archive, which is good.

Don't worry Cerbera i shall get around to making some of the changes you suggested.
Have exams the next 2 weeks, so it shall be some time after that.
-Dave

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 06 March 2005 - 04:36 PM

Just buming this newer IMG topic because i locked the old one and people were using it to post questions.
Thanks,
-Dave

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (REspawn @ Mar 6 2005, 16:36)
Just buming this newer IMG topic because i locked the old one and people were using it to post questions.
Thanks,
  -Dave
How are the developments going? Will you be releasing an IMG1.2.1 perhaps? Will you hold off release of the improved version until GTASA on the PC is out to make sure the IMG format is still supported fully?

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:32 PM

I have found a bug in IMG v1.2

If you run a search for a car name you get the TXD and DFF reference, which is correct. However, if you delete first result the position of the second one does not update. If you now double-click the second option it takes you to the entry just after the one it should do.

For example, I searched for "cheetah" and it brought up "cheetah.dff" and "cheetah.txd" which is correct.
I double-clicked the DFF and deleted it.
I double-clicked the TXD and it selected the item just after "cheetah.txd" since it had not subtracted the position which was removed when I deleted "cheetah.dff" just before.

This is the problem with having such a detailed search results list and letting the user manipulate the IMG. It has to take into account any updates which the user makes. Just means adding a bit of code into each IMG altering process which updates any results in the search window.

You could make all those changes to the menues and so on and release v1.3 a couple of weeks before GTASA PC is made available?

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:22 PM

With due respect to Cerb's pending bug report, I thought I'd take this oppurtunity to mention that when using IMG 1.2 Beta on my gta3.img, the game loads half-way and abruptly shuts down. I'd do more to elaborate on any reasons for this, but I haven't a clue. Using Spooky's IMGTool afterwards to re-replace the files I edited in IMG causes the game to load up.

<3D

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:38 AM

Thanks for the reports guys... bit busy with work and such atm, but i will have a look see and hopefully have everything fixed up for the pc release in a few weeks.

Thanks,
-Dave

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 19 2005, 17:17)
•Still no accesskeys for the menu titles, items or submenu items. What language is the GUI built in? Most visual languages provide really easy accesskey support...in VB you just add an "&" in the caption before the letter you want to use.

it works anywhere, it is part of windows and NOT programming language.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users