» «
Photo

Gamerz has new info on GTA:PSP

44 replies to this topic
TempEcho
  • TempEcho

What do you mean , naive?

• Members

Posted 17 January 2005 - 02:48 PM Edited by TempEcho, 20 January 2005 - 04:00 PM.

Click here for orginal (Dutch) article!

The dutch gaming site Gamez.NL has a news item about a PSP version of GTA. Confirmed is that it will be set in Liberty CIty.

But it will NOT be a direct port. All missions will be new. Rockstar expects to release the PSP version "somewhere in April , 2005" the dutch gaming website say's.

April , 2005! That's only like 4 months! I think that's because they can just use the same map and engine , because the PSP is allmost as good (processor / grapic card) as the PS2.

I hope that this time they will give it a reasonable ammount of marketing , we dont want it to be like GTA:Advance. I can allmost see myself sitting in the bus to school , giving some inocent people a new hole in their body cool.gif rampage_ani.gif

EDIT , here is a translated article , translated by : vALKYR:

Rockstar surprised the world with the announcement of Grand Theft Auto for the PSP. Until now, more information of the game was released to the public.

After the announcement, Rockstar made people think it was going to be a whole new story but that isn't completly true. The PSP Version of GTA is going to based on the very successful Grand Theft Auto 3.

To call it a conversion of the original game might be wrong. All missions in GTA for the PSP are new. It is still unknown what elements of the other games (VC, SA) have been implemented in the new GTA.

Distributor Take 2 Interactive wants to release the PSP Version of Grand Theft Auto somewhere in April 2005.

Luke15
  • Luke15

Espaņa - Gone?

• Members

Posted 17 January 2005 - 04:16 PM

Ahh kewl. So it will be set in Liberty city, but there will be much more things to do.

Nice find tempecho smile.gif .

GameMaster90
  • GameMaster90

Andolini Badfella

• Members

Posted 17 January 2005 - 06:17 PM

Sweet, the best place of the GTA Series will now be portable, and probably 3D too.

Nice find, but I wonder who the main character will be? Maybe, it will be CJ, since he was in Liberty City before he went to San Andreas. I hope they add all the new features of the new GTA as well, that would kick arse. smile.gif

agent_1138
  • agent_1138

Hawg

• Members

Posted 17 January 2005 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (GameMaster90 @ Jan 17 2005, 18:17)
Sweet, the best place of the GTA Series will now be portable, and probably 3D too.

Nice find, but I wonder who the main character will be? Maybe, it will be CJ, since he was in Liberty City before he went to San Andreas. I hope they add all the new features of the new GTA as well, that would kick arse. smile.gif

CJ in Liberty? That would be rad. I could go for more Claude missions too. Maybe an option to pick your character might work well on a hand-held.

You would assume that R* would take advantage of the wireless multiplayer and have some kind of racing or deathmatch in there somewhere, thus necessitating multiple player skins.

Kanney
  • Kanney

4-8-15-16-23-42

• Members

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:38 PM

Cool news, this is great. Nice find TempEcho!

dex
  • dex

Joint Post War Crew

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 18 January 2005 - 04:01 AM

Uitgever Take 2 verwacht Grand Theft Auto voor de PSP ergens in april uit te brengen

Er.. Take 2.. um.. GTA... erm... PSP.. uhh.. april..

GTA on PSP in April? lol biggrin.gif

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 19 January 2005 - 08:33 PM

You are correct. smile.gif

TempEcho
  • TempEcho

• Members

Posted 19 January 2005 - 09:14 PM

Thank you , thank you! biggrin.gif Well , you are right dex. ANd I hope GamerZ is right. It is a respected gaming site.

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members

Posted 19 January 2005 - 09:31 PM

April isn't that far away. Wooo!

shangrula
  • shangrula

digitial cuuunt

• Members

Posted 19 January 2005 - 11:34 PM

yeah this game will be the reason I get a PSP, if I can afford it that is...

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 January 2005 - 03:56 PM

PlayStation Portable
PSP Version Grand Theft Auto based on GTA3
Rockstar surprised the world with the announcement of Grand Theft Auto for the PSP. Until now, more information of the game was released to the public.

After the announcement, Rockstar made people think it was going to be a whole new story but that isn't completly true. The PSP Version of GTA is going to based on the very successful Grand Theft Auto 3.

To call it a conversion of the original game might be wrong. All missions in GTA for the PSP are new. It is still unknown what elements of the other games (VC, SA) have been implemented in the new GTA.

Distributor Take 2 Interactive wants to release the PSP Version of Grand Theft Auto somewhere in April 2005.

Translated for you smile.gif

-vAL

TempEcho
  • TempEcho

• Members

Posted 20 January 2005 - 03:59 PM

Thank you , I'll add it to the main post , was to lazy to translate the whole article.

GameMaster90
  • GameMaster90

Andolini Badfella

• Members

Posted 21 January 2005 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (agent_1138 @ Jan 17 2005, 14:40)
CJ in Liberty? That would be rad. I could go for more Claude missions too. Maybe an option to pick your character might work well on a hand-held.

You would assume that R* would take advantage of the wireless multiplayer and have some kind of racing or deathmatch in there somewhere, thus necessitating multiple player skins.

Didn't R* mention not too long ago that they were thinking of adding online multiplayer function for their next GTA Game?

Well, technically speaking, this is their next game. I mean, they gave us a little preview in San Andreas of what GTA is ala multiplayer looks like. Maybe they'll had 2-Player Wireless Rampages, or maybe even 15! I mean, the PSP is almost up to PS2 level, I'm sure R* would be able to squeeze some multiplayer features. smile.gif

But, all we can do is wait. sad.gif

GTA Life
  • GTA Life

PSN: Ritsuka99

• Members

Posted 21 January 2005 - 02:27 AM

I knew this for a month now tell me somthing I don't know.

rippa
  • rippa

Oh Noez!!!!11one1

• Members

Posted 21 January 2005 - 02:26 PM

well, gta 2 was multiplayer online, so they can accomplish it, thats for sure. lets just hope that they dont say [on april 1st] that it has super great features etc, then say april fools cryani.gif

Sprunk Addict
  • Sprunk Addict

A little harsh

• Members

Posted 22 January 2005 - 12:34 AM

Haha! I wouldn't put that April Fool's prank past Rockstar! They like to screw with us.

It'll probably be a great game. I'll get the PSP just to play it, just like I did with the PS2.

TempEcho
  • TempEcho

• Members

Posted 22 January 2005 - 07:29 AM

GTA2 wasn't developped by the same people , or am I taslking bullsh*t now?

Luke15
  • Luke15

Espaņa - Gone?

• Members

Posted 22 January 2005 - 05:39 PM

No... youre not talking bullsh*t.

It was developed by the makers of Gta3.

Sprunk Addict
  • Sprunk Addict

A little harsh

• Members

Posted 22 January 2005 - 11:13 PM

They did it under a different name, didn't they? Didn't Rockstar North used to be DMA?

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members

Posted 22 January 2005 - 11:26 PM

I thought they purchased the company.

TempEcho
  • TempEcho

• Members

Posted 22 January 2005 - 11:33 PM

yeah , DMA is ROckstar North , sorry , but I heard a lot of people got fired in the DMA to Rockstar North name change... SO it's not totally the same people.

CondoM
  • CondoM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 10:13 AM

whoever buys me a psp gets a cookie. cookie.gif

NeGaTiVe.
  • NeGaTiVe.

DeeeeeeJaaaay

• Members

Posted 24 January 2005 - 03:59 PM

That sounds good. Although I am a bit dissapointed in will be set in Liberty City. But this is ok since they are going to release it sometime this April. Let's hope they make it kick ass.

TempEcho
  • TempEcho

• Members

Posted 24 January 2005 - 05:48 PM

lets hope the PSP kicks enough ass to handle the game. And I hope it will be just as addicting on that small screen. The should make a coax-out converter to hook it up on a TV or monitor

NeGaTiVe.
  • NeGaTiVe.

DeeeeeeJaaaay

• Members

Posted 26 January 2005 - 05:38 PM

It's a pity PSP's battery is only enough for 4 hours of gameplay. Its not that much concidering us, hardcore GTA players..

TempEcho
  • TempEcho

• Members

Posted 26 January 2005 - 06:39 PM

thats why we can hook a power adapter to it and sit on the couch while your little brother try's to play SA on the PC tounge.gif

NeGaTiVe.
  • NeGaTiVe.

DeeeeeeJaaaay

• Members

Posted 26 January 2005 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (TempEcho @ Jan 26 2005, 18:39)
thats why we can hook a power adapter to it and sit on the couch while your little brother try's to play SA on the PC tounge.gif

Indeed, but what about if you like can't get home half of the day? Carry an adapter with you? tounge.gif

I am not sure if you connect the charger directly to PSP's battery or to PSP. Because it would be a good decision to buy two batteries and carry them around with ya smile.gif

Twistie
  • Twistie

Web Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:50 AM

I liked the map in liberty city however it may have to be changed if they are going to be adding in features like flying as the some area's of the map used to rely on the fact that you can't jump or climb cliff faces or survive in water!

Wizad
  • Wizad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 08:46 PM

Maaan, I just hope this game isn't going to be that 'old-skool' gta 2d top view one crap. What I would like to see, perhaps they might implement it, or maybe they wont, is to provide multi-player in gta3...Doubt it though....Well, maybe. The psp is supposed to support wireless play from a certain amount of feet, right? Dunno. Haven't really done much purchase on the PSP, but I know I will get it whether jacking it or not, lol jk.

-=d_dawg=-2030
  • -=d_dawg=-2030

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 February 2005 - 01:40 AM

relax, they wouldn't waste their time making a 2d game for the psp, its practically a ps2, have you even seen all the other games for it? so why would they make it 2d?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users