[REL|0.2 BETA] Myriad Installer Package by GT-1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic
jaanis
  • jaanis

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 January 2005 - 08:36 PM

i have it installed without those (unstable) marked and everythings fine. i think i will set up some more lots

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 02 January 2005 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Jan 2 2005, 14:57)
QUOTE (ImHereToStay @ Jan 2 2005, 14:50)
What a pain reading that.

ontopic, I just tried it again and its working fine, and ive had 0 crashes since i reinstalled using the readme.

-IHTS

Glad to hear its all working properly now. smile.gif The way it should be, thanks to everyone who tested the package before it was release: Steve-M, Black Hawk, Gangsta Killa, Sticky, TGR, AzO I know im gonna have forgot some people, but thanks all. smile.gif

Please let me test the next package wink.gif . -IHTS

AzO
  • AzO

All rights reserved©

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Jan 2 2005, 14:57)
Glad to hear its all working properly now. smile.gif The way it should be, thanks to everyone who tested the package before it was release: Steve-M, Black Hawk, Gangsta Killa, Sticky, TGR, AzO I know im gonna have forgot some people, but thanks all. smile.gif

It was a great pleasure for me to test it smile.gif

twistauk
  • twistauk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:27 PM

thanks man this well good i coundt be bovard to go throw all the work my self tounge.gif ..... now i dont have too.... had a few problems but i fixed um!! w00t .... have sum cookies!! cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2005 - 09:50 PM Edited by GTAuron, 05 January 2005 - 09:53 PM.

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Jan 2 2005, 11:01)
QUOTE (Knife @ Jan 1 2005, 21:20)
Since so many people are having such different problems maby it's to do with their P.C's like the make of graphics card confused.gif

It would be highly unlikely and its something you really couldn't pinpoint anyway.

Indeed i'm running the sh*ttiest graphics cars around on high settings and it works sweet as a nut...but i just buggered my version, time for a re-install, damn quick these days too! smile.gif

lol testing it was a pleasure, any excuse to play the game smile.gif .

Buttsechs!

EDIT: by the way your 1st mirror link on the d/l page for this is broken, corrupt file smile.gif . well was for me smile.gif

LOL just tried your IQ test link in your sig IHTS....you bitch! tounge.gif

tryptomine_sniper
  • tryptomine_sniper

Uber Forum Lurker.

• Members

Posted 12 January 2005 - 02:44 AM

I must say, excellent job by the whole team, and gt-1 for making a decent installer package...runs without any problems, apart from the Blue Screen Of Death, but that is something with my machine, nothing with Myriad itself... dontgetit.gif

Viperboy749
  • Viperboy749

The Carn-"dizzle"

• Members

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:02 PM

I installed the Myriad islands package, what there is now...and it makes my game freeze, everytime i play it...it does look very good tho guys...but i cant enjoy it because it freezes...what should i do?

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:05 PM

You obviously have not installed the packeg correctly, did you follow all instrcutions in the readme all points including the VC limit adjuster steps? Where does it crash in-game, on the pink bar, on exiting? which lots did you install? Did you read the reade for some quick fixes? Did you have any other mods installed into VC before you installed my package? Was this a clean installation of VC?

Theres a few starter questions for you. smile.gif We have a help topic also if you didnt notice, but ill let this slip until your problem is fixed.

GT-1

Viperboy749
  • Viperboy749

The Carn-"dizzle"

• Members

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:16 PM

i might just re-install VC and then Myriad i think i had car modifications in...so yes i shall do that n e other suggestions? ill uninstall it tonight if there is non... sad.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:20 PM

The problem with having car modification in is, when Myriad overwrites your other game data, it overwites your handling.cfg, carcols.dat and deaul.ide. It also installs the DMagic1 Wheelmod, sometimes VC goes against overwiting the wheelmod and can have effects from it. Anyway in any case its best to have a fresh clean install of VC for Myriad, as I said it overwrites the default.ide etc. and your cars will have the wrong default.ide lines, handling etc. It is best to install over a completely new fresh install of VC.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:22 PM

Snow Racer pointed with his finger to the pinned topics

Snow Racer looked at GT-1

Snow Racer buys more locks

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:30 PM

GT-1 merges Topics

smile.gif

Tupac_Shakur
  • Tupac_Shakur

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:44 PM

I get this message:

Removing VC and adding Myriad's first island, Illcom ...
Source dir: add_to_img
Install path unknown

-------------------------------------------
The script failed. The installation failed.
-------------------------------------------

What should I do? or What did I do wrong?

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:29 PM

Well, you just answered your own question. wink.gif

Tupac_Shakur
  • Tupac_Shakur

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:52 PM

Really? I still don't know what to do. I re-installed VC and tried again but it still didn't work.

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:55 PM

Install path unknown

Yes, really. I guess you didn't select the install path.

Tupac_Shakur
  • Tupac_Shakur

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:41 PM

Thanks for your help, I got it anyways.

poohead
  • poohead

the gran poo-bah

• Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 02:10 AM

great work on the installer! cookie.gif how many new lots till u make a new 1?

Pagnell
  • Pagnell

a.k.a. petebog

• Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 11:52 AM

After nearly a thousand downloads of this via the torrent I created we're starting to run out of seeds. So if a few of you that have downloaded it could reseed for a while, it won't take much of your bandwidth and it will really help out the trickle of people still grabbing it.

Cheers.

smile.gif

Vercetti Gangsta
  • Vercetti Gangsta

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 January 2005 - 11:14 AM

Hi everybody, i have a question. WHY THE HELL SHALL I DO? I HAVE NO SOUND IN MYRIAD?????? The only thing i can hear is the radio and a "city noice"????? Can somebody please help me?

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 30 January 2005 - 11:16 AM

Check your audio options this mod doesnt affect your sound, it only replaces 1 file in teh audio folder and cant really damage the who in-game audio. Go in-game and goto the options and make sure you have the correct ptions set up.

Vercetti Gangsta
  • Vercetti Gangsta

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:08 PM

Everything is okay in the options... But the only thing i can hear when i step outside the car is a very little noice like birds and some kind of stuff.
Even if you shoot on a object like a house, there is still no sound!

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:55 PM

A new version is coming in the near future. Will contain all the new final lots, new mission script etc. smile.gif

JKidd
  • JKidd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 February 2005 - 06:02 AM

Great to here that GT 1 biggrin.gif

Blade Nightflame
  • Blade Nightflame

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 February 2005 - 01:20 PM

I just played this mod yesterday, I have only one thing to say: 'FRIGGIN AWESOME'.

Seriously, this mod is very awesome, the atmosphere (Night, sunset) perfectly match the city through my opinion, some missions are pretty cool. But they oftenly crash in some places (like doing that Chef's mission.).

Other than that, keep up the good work! I already made a seperate GTA folder (named GTA 5: Myriad (well, to me, I spelt it Myradia) Island) dedicated to it. Good job!

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 February 2005 - 05:14 PM

Small progress... the package now has more lots in but is the same size as the last one was. wow.gif

Thanks to Barton.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 04 February 2005 - 05:56 PM

Cool another release is coming forward hope its more stable as 0.2 was if that can be possible
looks cool GT-1 btw my mirror is back online its still getting some hits.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 February 2005 - 06:29 PM

I wonder actually how many it has had, in regards to hits I mean. When I had a counter running on it, it was upto 4k downloads after a couple of weeks. I doubt it went up too much more after that, but you never know I guess. Thanks for the mirror.

Just been testing this version (0.3) and it seems to be stable, same as 0.2 was. Ive re-wrote about one-third of the install scripts so far as I changed the files around a little. Fixed up some of teh newer lots so it shouldn't be too far away from a release. smile.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:35 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 04 February 2005 - 10:03 PM.

If it hasn't been done already, could you remark the sign on Planet Myriad (jasonb_myriad) in the ipl because I got a scripted rotating version of it in my newest script.

And if you for some reason didn't feel like separating some of those custom aspects of it like the custom cars, please add some CLS commands to the base install script. Sorry for repeating myself. blush.gif

That dialog there doesn't look right. It doesn't look like that in win2k. It should be larger. It calculates the sizes of everything based on the size of that picture and the size of the fonts in there. I tested it with all types of pictures and it worked as it should in win2k. Damn MS and their Windows XP. I guess I need to create another version that compensates for Windows XP's apparently larger dialog windows (or whatever). There shouldn't even be a bloddy border on that window in there. AARG. blink.gif

EDIT: I updated it. Added a few pixels to the height of it. Same link:
http://home.no.net/b...1-Installer.zip

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:26 AM Edited by GT-1, 05 February 2005 - 10:28 AM.

I thought you had fixed the problem already as I dont get it anymore. It's probably because I cut custom vehicles from the main package now and put them it there own X folder. But I never get any stops now on the scripts it always runs straight through to the end. smile.gif

Oh yeah this newer one iwll be around 37MB, is there any need for a package thats split into volume's for 56k'ers? Like 3 files split into 12MB or so each, would this be helpful?

I could probably get this release out pretty soon, im just waiting for illspirit to get back to my PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users