82 replies to this topic
coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (mrudul @ Mar 26 2009, 06:56)
i m trying to replace gta_sa animation. but anyways now my problem is solved. i was not able to replace because i used gta_ifp_io script to import a dff character. now when i import dff character through gta_dff_io script it replaces animation successfully. tounge2.gif

but now i have another problem sneaky2.gif wen i use gta dff io script to import character
bones move along with animation but i cant see its skin moving that is mesh mad.gif plz solve my problem

Press Skin the Characters. Before importing.

But i use IFP IO. Strange that it dosnt work for you.

mrudul
  • mrudul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Mar 26 2009, 22:27)
QUOTE (mrudul @ Mar 26 2009, 06:56)
i m trying to replace gta_sa animation. but anyways now my problem is solved. i was not able to replace because i used gta_ifp_io script to import a dff character. now when i import dff character through gta_dff_io script it replaces animation successfully. tounge2.gif

but now i have another problem sneaky2.gif wen i use gta dff io script to import character
bones move along with animation but i cant see its skin moving that is mesh mad.gif plz solve my problem

Press Skin the Characters. Before importing.

But i use IFP IO. Strange that it dosnt work for you.

i use 3ds max 6.
recently 3ds max 6 was not opening because of registration error. i use cracked version.
i reinstalled application but it did not work. i searched on forums for help and my 3ds max
was again fine. but now when it was repaired again there is problem. now wen i try to replace any animation it does not gives a message "DONE" but it damages the whole ifp i was using even when i import dff character through dff io script. devil.gif

now when i restarted 3ds max and tried to open same ifp file again it gives me error-//unknown property "count" in undefined//. i did not even save my animation which took me hours to make. i need to open that ifp file again coz i had my animation in that. i did lot of work to make that animation. cryani.gif plz anyone try to help me.

anyways wen i press skin character it says you should select right character with skin modifier.

mrudul
  • mrudul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (mrudul @ Mar 28 2009, 07:43)
recently 3ds max 6 was not opening because of registration error. i use cracked version.
i reinstalled application but it did not work. i searched on forums for help and my 3ds max
was again fine. but now when it was repaired again there is problem. now wen i try to replace any animation it does not gives a message "DONE" but it damages the whole ifp i was using even when i import dff character through dff io script. devil.gif

now when i restarted 3ds max and tried to open same ifp file again it gives me error-//unknown property "count" in undefined//. i did not even save my animation which took me hours to make. i need to open that ifp file again coz i had my animation in that. i did lot of work to make that animation. cryani.gif plz anyone try to help me.

anyways wen i press skin character it says you should select right character with skin modifier.

oh. i found my problem. i didnt select all of the bones before replacing. while importing a dff character i pressed A button near "SKIN THE CHARACTER" button and it worked fine. now i have no problem replacing animations. smile.gif

but still that ifp file is not opening. plz help if u have any solutions for opening it.

drift4ever
  • drift4ever

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:14 PM

i dont understand any of it. it says when u click on "hide all" u will see bunch of boxes and dummies, but when i click on hide all, i dont see a thing... plus, at the end when u were telling us how to animate the character, i dont understand... plz help me

drift4ever
  • drift4ever

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:54 PM

ok, im very sorry for double posting, but i have to becuz i think all of u missed my post. can sum1 just explain the last part 2 me, were u edit the animation and how u are suppose to save it, plz. this tutorial is very misleading

arvey
  • arvey

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (jacob. @ Jan 15 2005, 10:40)
Custom Animations
Using this tutorial you can get any animation you want ingame using 3dsmax3 or above.
Note: Back up your PED.IFP before even starting this tutorial!
Tools used:
3dsmax 7.0 (you can use a different version, even GMAX)
Steve-m's CharAnimViewer
DFF import script (3dsmax, gmax)
IFP importer / exporter (gmax & 3dsmax supported)
DFF import / export setup
Open up your 3dsmax folder and go in your SCRIPTS directory.
Create a new folder. Name it GTA_Tools.
Extract all of the contents of the files you downloaded (scripts, etc) into this folder.

1) Load 3dsmax
2) Click the MAXScript menu.
3) Click 'Run script' then load the DFF import script, GTA_IO_23b.ms
4) Once the script is fully loaded, click the Import DFF button and locate your player model.

Note: Get your player models from GTA3.IMG using the IMGTool

5) Import your player DFF. You should now see the player and his dummies on the 3dsmax workspace. Proceed to the next step.
IFP import / export setup
Make sure you have the script extracted to \3dsmax\scripts\GTA_Tools.

1) Load 3dsmax
2) Click the MAXScript menu.
3) Click 'Run script' then load the IFP import script, GTA_IFP_IO.ms
4) Once the script is fully loaded, a box will come up. Click 'Load IFP'.
5) Open \PATH TO GTA FOLDER\anim\ped.ifp. A list of animations will appear. Proceed to step 3.
Modifying an animation
1) Select your player's mesh, right click it, and select 'Hide selection'. We don't need to see this.
2) This will leave you with a bunch of cubes, or dummies. Select all these dummies and click the 'M' button on the IFP script box.
Note: You may now use Steve-m's CharAnimViewer to find the animation you want to modify. This program comes useful in finding the correct animation!
3) Make sure all your dummies (cubes) are selected. Now pick your desired animation from the list and click 'Apply animation'.
4) The dummies should now take position of the currently applied animation. You can play it by clicking PLAY in the bottom right of the timeline.
Be sure to rewind the animation back to the beginning before editing.
The modifying part

1) Select the dummy you wish to modify. Click on 'Set Key', wich is located under the timeline.
2) Click on the 'Key' picture wich is located on the timeline. This adds a new keyframe.
3) Move the timeline slider to your desire. Rotate / move the selected dummy. Click the key picture to write another new keyframe.

If you have little or no experience in keyframe animating, this will not be easy. Basically, your just moving the slider, modifying the dummy to your liking, then adding the keyframe. It really is easy.
View your animation
1) Select everything.
2) Rewind to beginning and click PLAY.

If your happy with your results, proceed to step four.
Exporting your Animation
1) Right click somewhere on your workspace and click 'Unhide All'
2) Select everything.
3) Click the 'replace' button in the IFP script box.
Note: Using 'Save' saves only one animation to ped.ifp, the one you edited. Use this for backing up individual animations. But when you want to compile your entire PED.IFP for use in game, you will use the 'Replace' feature.
4) You are done! Open the IFP in CharAnimViewer and make sure it has all the animations + your modified animation.
Credits
Kam
cmc_jay
cmc_jacob
Rockstar
Discreet
Steve-m

If I forgot you, just tell me tounge.gif

the dff import script link is dead can you make a new link sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

projectfear22
  • projectfear22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:38 PM Edited by projectfear22, 07 April 2010 - 06:43 PM.

i need to replace a ped whats the name of the dealer with BROWN CLOTHES(not the dealer in white clothes) ped? please help
i want to change that pedestrian because i have victor vance in dealer clothes for san andreas but i dont know the name of the dealer file please help me. Here is one picture of the skin i replaced it with fam2.dff and fam2.txd but i want to replace with the real dealer ped.

http://www.xfire.com.../?view#95328640

powerboiii
  • powerboiii

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:18 AM

wtf i dont know how this sh*t works can somebody help me???

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (powerboiii @ Aug 4 2010, 05:18)
wtf i dont know how this sh*t works can somebody help me???

Read some basic 3D MAX tutorials.

bahi
  • bahi

T.I.P IS THE BEST

• Members

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:10 PM

Please give new link for CharAnimViewer

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (bahi @ Aug 10 2010, 19:10)
Please give new link for CharAnimViewer

You dont need it.

bahi
  • bahi

T.I.P IS THE BEST

• Members

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:58 AM

Yes I know but my 3d max is a little broken!
Hey, do you know how animation is called shooting the Colt?

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (bahi @ Aug 11 2010, 06:58)

Its not in ped.ifp

Its in colt45.ifp inside the anim.img

MW_29
  • MW_29

i came to play

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Aug 12 2010, 03:04)
QUOTE (bahi @ Aug 11 2010, 06:58)

Its not in ped.ifp

Its in colt45.ifp inside the anim.img

...or in gta3.img as for VC, btw @bahi weapon anim files names are always mentioned inside weapon.dat each weapon has its anim file used for shooting, but more than one weapon can use the same .ifp file too

lauris3722
  • lauris3722

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:59 PM Edited by lauris3722, 17 August 2010 - 03:04 PM.

Nice tutorial, thanks.
Few mins work;

milo34
  • milo34

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (steve-m @ Jan 15 2005, 11:53)
The CharAnimViewer can't be found at my site, since it's not released yet.

The latest version is always here:
Character Animation Viewer (Beta)

Yea lol idk whats up But the Links to the Character Animation viewer Dont work idk if its been noticed or if its just me but as i read Its not fully compleated so its not posted on ur form

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (milo34 @ Sep 10 2010, 05:57)
QUOTE (steve-m @ Jan 15 2005, 11:53)
The CharAnimViewer can't be found at my site, since it's not released yet.

The latest version is always here:
Character Animation Viewer (Beta)

Yea lol idk whats up But the Links to the Character Animation viewer Dont work idk if its been noticed or if its just me but as i read Its not fully compleated so its not posted on ur form

Dont worry about it dude, you can see the anims inside 3D MAX anyways.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

WTF answering a 5 year old post.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Spider-Vice @ Sep 10 2010, 14:03)
WTF answering a 5 year old post.

You are pretty dumb and stupid. A tutorial can be answered as many times as people need. For people to ask questions.

People has been asking questions and Ive been answering them. So shut the f*ck up.

Last questions and replys are form this year.

JohnPro
  • JohnPro

GTAHalo.com

• Members

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:34 PM

im trying to make a modified crouch animation. The problem is when he crouches in the game his height doesnt change. instead of body going down his legs move up. In 3ds max it looks perfect. It seems as if the root bone doesnt move. confused.gif

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (JohnPro @ Sep 13 2010, 14:34)
im trying to make a modified crouch animation. The problem is when he crouches in the game his height doesnt change. instead of body going down his legs move up. In 3ds max it looks perfect. It seems as if the root bone doesnt move. confused.gif

But did you actually move the root bone?

JohnPro
  • JohnPro

GTAHalo.com

• Members

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:23 PM Edited by JohnPro, 14 September 2010 - 06:07 PM.

Yes coin_god, I moved the root bone. It looks really good in 3ds max but in the game he does the same animation in the air. Bones rotate fine but doesnt move on any axis, example: his legs move during animation but his body doesnt move. His supposed to take a step forward while crouching. Again in 3ds max animation plays perfect smile.gif

Fixed: Do not rely on Auto Key, you must press Set Key to fix this problem. smile.gif Auto Key didn't add frames. Set key for move and rotation only. So Red and green.

kal-el5676
  • kal-el5676

Zombie Killa

• Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

I'm experiencing a strange problem. I'm changing the chainsaw run animation and it looks fine (I'm using set key) but then for some reason it's affecting his arms on the chainsawrun/attack animation. Normally arm animations aren't affected by the running or walking animations. If I don't use set or auto key and just hit the key I cannot modify the animation in the way I want but it also doesn't affect his arms at all. o_O

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users