• This topic is locked This topic is locked
930 replies to this topic
Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:23 AM

Well I need buildings to be able to even think of the making missions with a proper storyline. People need to get a move on with their lots otherwise there will never be a storyline and thats a fact

titanus
  • titanus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (Knife @ Jun 8 2005, 08:23)
Well I need buildings to be able to even think of the making missions with a proper storyline. People need to get a move on with their lots otherwise there will never be a storyline and thats a fact

I think that's not very fair! i just played it, its obvious alot of people put work into it, and there's enough buildings to do a good number of things. you could put charcters in a grass field as placeholders and move them into the buildng when it's finished! Do you think rahkstar2.gif programers waited for the whole vice map to be finshed? i guess probably not.

I was a little disapointed. I was hoping for a full story and more islands too. i dont mean to sound like im hating tho. it was pretty good. I hope you make it be more emmersive. what is the story going to be? i didn't see that thread anywhere.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:36 AM

Actually I would guess that they did wait untill all the buildings were done. I CANT make missions for empty spaces and I think as the mod has been going 2+ years the first island should be finished. If it's not finished by the end of this year it never will be. On some lots I have never seen anything being built on them. I do appreciate that some people dont have the time but if in the same amount of time that Respawn is making a whole island, 30 people or so can't comeple one that seems a bit weird if you ask me. I think rules need to be slightly changed to allow you to use models from other mods and you have to show progress at least once a month. Shurly that makes sense, dose anyone else think it would be a good idea?

Oh and as I will be coding most of the story shurly I should get a say in it

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:45 AM

We have a storyline set out, but we've made modifications to Sadistics original plan.

The community gets the final say on the storyline, and for the most part it's been decided. Besides, planning always comes before actually making the missions, and I haven't seen any of that.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:49 AM

Can someone sent me the story line please.

poohead
  • poohead

the gran poo-bah

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:33 PM

i looked around for the story line cuz i saw it somewere but couldnt find it. by the way, is the landstalker parked anywhere?

Madd Tagg
  • Madd Tagg

MT, GTA Mod helper

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:53 PM

no, not that i know

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:47 AM Edited by Decay, 29 June 2005 - 01:05 AM.

Does anybody else know how to mission code since Barton retired?

Edit- OMFG I have to learn to read before replying. suicidal.gif

Marklund
  • Marklund

GTAStunter

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:50 AM

Well decay, there is a mission builder for SA from him and many mods has allready been released.
So I know that many people know's about mission coding. wink.gif

Edit: Nevermind im tired and I thougt this was for SA and stuff... slap me.

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:08 AM

hey Decay, we have a sharp new coder that has already made a few scripts for Myriad, his name is ............... Knife wink.gif although a few people round here have failed to acknowledge his talent or his enthusiasm for this mod. dontgetit.gif

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (Gforce @ Jun 28 2005, 19:08)
hey Decay, we have a sharp new coder that has already made a few scripts for Myriad, his name is ............... Knife wink.gif although a few people round here have failed to acknowledge his talent or his enthusiasm for this mod. dontgetit.gif

Word... very word. But I thinik we need more than one coder to do all of Myriad. R* has like... 8 I think...

Vercetti Gangsta
  • Vercetti Gangsta

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:12 AM Edited by Vercetti Gangsta, 29 June 2005 - 08:14 AM.

YeTi is a new & talented coder. Although I'm not sure how good he is at it. confused.gif
You can contact YeTi here.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:23 AM Edited by Knife, 03 July 2005 - 10:06 AM.

Opius should be doing something I think.

collagar
  • collagar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:56 AM

Yesterday I created a script for a limousine driver, driving around the whole city. When you enter a pink marker, the screen will fade out and back in and there is a limousine (with driver) standing next to you. You automatically enter the limo and it will drive to a destination. No destinations are scripted yet, I still need them.

I tested it in Vice City, with only one starting and ending point, but it works. I think it would be nice if it could be used in Myridad Islands too. I have no idea what to use as locations to put a limousine station or a 'limo-stop'. But if anyone could give me some coordinates of where to place a marker and an ending point (the pink one that you have to walk into to start a mission), so the limo's can drive from and to there. I still have to make some models for a station and some stops, but that won't take too long i think. If anyone else wants to make them, please tell me. Thanks for reading this,

Greetz,
Collagar

LuigiBrotha
  • LuigiBrotha

Part time skinner

• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 02:10 PM

I love the idea Collagar. But I think that taxi's and buses would fit better in the game. seeing as there are already bus stops in Vice City. Don't know about Mirriad Island though.

Vercetti Gangsta
  • Vercetti Gangsta

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 03:03 PM

On JasonB's skyscraper, there is a bus stop. I havent noticed other places.

collagar
  • collagar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 03:30 PM

Ok, then I will drop the idea of the Limo driver. Maybe I will do something with busses in Myriad, I'll see. Thanks for letting me know.

Greetz,
Collagar

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 July 2005 - 07:10 AM

I would like to say DONT MAKE ANYTHING FOR VICE CITY. IT WILL HAVE TO BE CONVERTED SO MAKE STUFF FOR SAN AN Thank you smile.gif

collagar
  • collagar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 11:33 AM

To make things for SA, I first need GTA San Andreas... I still need to get it somewhere before I can go and mod for it.

Greetz,
Collagar

YOUNG KILLA
  • YOUNG KILLA

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2005 - 06:53 PM

i would like hydra missions ...where u have to stop invading U.F.O.'s alien.gif

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (YOUNG KILLA @ Jul 10 2005, 04:53)

Ummmm, no. We are not including UFOs in Myriad, well not UFOs that contain aliens foreign to Earth. We are trying to keep Myriad within the bounds of reality here, not make a cheesy sci-fi game.

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (JasonB @ Jul 10 2005, 03:57)
QUOTE (YOUNG KILLA @ Jul 10 2005, 04:53)

Ummmm, no. We are not including UFOs in Myriad, well not UFOs that contain aliens foreign to Earth. We are trying to keep Myriad within the bounds of reality here, not make a cheesy sci-fi game.

In life much happens. Suddenly us the newcomers attack? Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif rampage_ani.gif breadfish_by_Moto.gif
Really, for Myriad do not approach similar missions.

Vercetti Gangsta
  • Vercetti Gangsta

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE (JasonB @ Jul 10 2005, 03:57)

I agree with Jason. Myriad should be realistic. Not another Science Fiction thingy rolleyes.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 July 2005 - 09:03 AM

On one hand myriad can't be realistic. With someone who can get out of jail for $100 even if he killed thousands of people but Myriad should be kept realistic in a map and mission sense.

So how is san an coding at the moment?

Well, non exsistent. I need Myriad in san andreas first but I can't do it myself so I will have to wait.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:38 AM

We're looking for someone along the lines of GTA, not True Crime tounge2.gif (True crime had Aliens? Right?) So no way in hell are we going to have UFO's, or Zombies for that matter.

*Marijn*
  • *Marijn*

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2005 - 06:25 PM

I agree! True Crime don't have aliens, but Zombie! anyway..

A time ago ( 1 year... or more ) Ther was a poll about storys.. So, Is ther a story for Myriad? confused.gif
Yeah = What is it ?
No = Why not? Without mission Myriad is "death". (beating people become boring after 1k times ) dozingoff.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:25 AM

I half think trying to create a story line will be a waste of time. I dont think enough missions or buildings will ever be made to be able to have a strong storyline.

2 years = a few lots and around 10 missions

This project probably has a maximum of 2 years to live as it's very unlikely that we will be able to port it to GTA 4.

Hey, I mught be talking a load of crap but what do people think. I have enjoyed the random choice of missions that you can do anytime.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:46 PM

Started work on the conversion of the script to SA.

FYI.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 23 July 2005 - 08:04 AM

What bits. I don't want to be converting the same stuff as you cool.gif

Also some things can be left behind and forgotten. I think most of the main should be kept but it's time for some new missions!

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 23 July 2005 - 08:14 AM

Already rewritten the Master Thread and Mission 0.

I think we should convert the missions, since it's not like there's any limits we're currently pushing with them, but most will need to wait until the relevant lots are converted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users