[Official] Mission Script Topic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
930 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2003 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE (_punK noodleS_ @ Nov 12 2003, 18:46)
...a cool mission would be something like the mission in GTA3 "Bullion Run" or something along the lines of cops and stuff that weighs down your car.

Unfortunately, the bullion weight effect was hard-coded in gta3.exe. Don't know if they included it in vc, but I doubt it.

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2003 - 05:19 AM

by the way can we do the coding on our parts of the land. like anything special there ourselves. because i prefer doing things by myself than requesting them

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 05:23 AM

im sure thats fine... but are you planning to add it to the final mod? because what if not everyone likes that? or was it just for your personal use? well either way its ok tounge.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 12:47 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 13 November 2003 - 01:20 PM.

QUOTE (JasonB @ Nov 13 2003, 06:19)
by the way can we do the coding on our parts of the land. like anything special there ourselves. because i prefer doing things by myself than requesting them

It doesn't really matter. If you make some working (or barely working) code and release it, then I will get hold of it and put it into the script for the project. If it needs fixing, I'll do that. If the code doesn't make any sense or violate my "mod compatibility" rules, maby I'll rewrite it to make it make sense or just scrap it. If somebody gets very angry and calls me a thief for stealing somebodys code, it will not be included in my mission script for the project. If whatever code written by whoever gets to be a problem in any way, it will not be included. Simple isn't it ? If you want code to go with your DFFs, you can do one of the following:

1) Make a detailed request and beg me to code it for you.
2) Code it all yourself and send the code as a PM to me.
3) Code it yourself and release it as a scm file with nothing but your code in it.
4) Code it yourself using a decompiled version of my scm and release it as your own scm.

If anybody want more weapons or more of anything else, just use option 4. If I like your ideas, maby I'll just decompile your file and use it as my own. I'm not the boss. I'm the mission script organizer for this project. I will try to make my script better than anybody elses. People can then choose what file they want. Democracy.

you could do the the plane part ...
Lots of things could be done with planes. And boats. But it needs some harbours, piers or something to make it look good. I'll just wait until somebody with a lot near the beach front creates something like it. Like maby some building with some text going like "air transport". I think I'll make a post about that in the map topic.

Other ideas on my mind: Gardener mission. You plant palm trees. The idea is to code it in such a way it survives saving and reloading. MAP modding as part of missions. Plant bushes, flowers and stuff. A tractor would be great. tounge.gif Can't get to be more Sims then can it ? tounge2.gif And maby some terrorist missions to go with it, like, how about suicide bomber ? blush.gif That may not be very funny though, so maby something else, ghettostyle, drugs, male strippers blush.gif ... Been thinking about some drugdealer mission, but I'm not a drugdealer myself, so have no idea how to deal drugs myself. Any experts here maby ? Maby I could ask somebody in the "Join the FREE WEED CLUB" topic. Maby they can give me some instructions on how to set up a weed factory in my basement, like, what to get, how to get it, who to kill to get it, blush.gif whatever.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 13 November 2003 - 06:15 PM

Ooooohhh, nice job on the fisherman mission Barton, I like. Haven't been able to complete it yet though, as the police heli's are just brutal after the 6th start pops up. biggrin.gif

I dunno what was going on with my waterpro file either. It was made with Steve's editor, and all I did diffferent was drop the level for the black bits down 1 unit. Is there any way you could your water level down there? Or will I have to raise everything in the ipl and path file up to compensate? blink.gif

ghost_master2000
  • ghost_master2000

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 07:49 PM

Alright. Here's a unique Idea. If it's ggiont to be like a sims game, then why not start out in a a sort of "god mode".Where youa re just the camera and you "fly" around vice city. You can pick people up, and move them around and stuff, but you can also control whoever you want (simple model change). You could just control a glowing circle, and get someone to stand in it, and then you could conrol whoever you selected. With that person you could do specific mission, see certain events, access certain buildings, etc. It would actually probably be easier to make a "family" that all starts out ina house at the beginning of the game, an dthen they just act like peds, walking around the city, and you could only take control of that group of people( like an expanded version of the sims. I personally think this is a good idea, and if anybody doesn't uderstand this post fully, then just say something and I will try to explain it. I wrote this too fast, gotta go to shool.

CYA,

GM2K

_punK noodleS_
  • _punK noodleS_

i can think louder than you can talk looser

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 08:38 PM

wow cool idea, to make it easier you could just have 4 circles in the house you start off in like in one room and you just go into a circle and you change into (maby rendom if possible) a different person. the different storylines would be a long process cause makeing 4 different mission parts for the people would be kinda complex. cookie.gif for the idea

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 November 2003 - 10:08 PM

wow thats really a lot to do isnt it biggrin.gif
but if it gets done then im sure to get that. smile.gif

INH
  • INH

Lead Coder for Freelance

• Members

Posted 14 November 2003 - 12:23 AM

Maybe a foot race? Have a finish line and a starting line, it's up to you to find the fastest route to the end. Of course, the AI would choose the same route every time, unless you made way points or something. Give each waypoint a variable to refer to it as, and once a certain waypoint is reached, randomize to choose another. Am I making sense? That is, once you get to point A, you can head to points B, C, or D. The next point is chosen at random.

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 November 2003 - 12:27 AM

how about a faggio race or caddy and/or baggage race along with the footrace? all are slow... tounge.gif
the golfcart race would be the funniest biggrin.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 14 November 2003 - 02:56 PM

Ooooohhh, nice job on the fisherman mission Barton, I like. Haven't been able to complete it yet though, as the police heli's are just brutal after the 6th start pops up.
ye, I haven't been able to complete it yet. Got bored of the hole thing. blush.gif alien.gif

I have started on this new mission. Checkpoint Darling. It's like checkpoint charlie, except you use a PCJ and you drive on roads. You pick a girlfriend (she jumps on the back of the PCJ) you both ride the PCJ at excessive speeds through the checkpoints through traffic. If you crash, you don't get to make her pregnant, so you don't get a family (because your dick is bent and your girlfriend is pissed), so you need to restart the mission if that happends.

I have some new ideas about the fisherman mission. If you manage to complete it, you own the sea. colgate.gif You can then buy some fish factory and money gets generated automatically (you don't need to go pick them up, because of this invention called BANK). Maby I could make it so that you can expand your properties by putting some more money into them, like, if you own a fish factory, you can buy fishermen to work for you. The more fishermen, the bigger the profits.

I dunno what was going on with my waterpro file either. It was made with Steve's editor, and all I did diffferent was drop the level for the black bits down 1 unit. Is there any way you could your water level down there? Or will I have to raise everything in the ipl and path file up to compensate? 
I dunno what happends exactly. It just looks weird. I don't have the vocabulary to explain it. It's like, when the boat goes forward, it leaves a "strip" of water that is almost above the boat. I think the easiest way to fix it is to use the original water level and to just fill in the open blanks. Should be easy enough to raise everything in the ipl and path file (I hope). Would be great if you could raise it more than it was originally, because the beach would get bigger. If the beach gets bigger, the entire island gets bigger. Like maby 2 units up ? If it's the only way to fix it, I think it's better to just do it now than later, because all the mods for it needs adjusting too (obviessly).

Alright. Here's a unique Idea. If it's ggiont to be like a sims game, then why not start out in a a sort of "god mode".Where youa re just the camera and you "fly" around vice city. You can pick people up, and move them around and stuff, but you can also control whoever you want (simple model change). You could just control a glowing circle, and get someone to stand in it, and then you could conrol whoever you selected. With that person you could do specific mission, see certain events, access certain buildings, etc. It would actually probably be easier to make a "family" that all starts out ina house at the beginning of the game, an dthen they just act like peds, walking around the city, and you could only take control of that group of people( like an expanded version of the sims. I personally think this is a good idea, and if anybody doesn't uderstand this post fully, then just say something and I will try to explain it. I wrote this too fast, gotta go to shool.

CYA,

GM2K
That would really make it into some sandbox strategy game. I don't know if I'm willing to code that. I'm thinking funny stuff, like, if you want a family, you need to have random sex with random people in random places with some "cencored" box or some nutter stuff like that. If you play as a female, you should make birth, like, kids flying out "of the thing" and lands next to you or in the next block or whatever. (I can't begin to imagine what effect this will have on the youngsters sarcasm.gif Maby it's a bad thing.) Also, the game is sort of focused on "bad stuff", like beating people silly. Maby you should get 4 stars if you kill your vife ? or husband ? or anybody ? Would bring some realistic effects into it all.

makeing 4 different mission parts for the people would be kinda complex.
Maby it's feasible.

Maybe a foot race? Have a finish line and a starting line, it's up to you to find the fastest route to the end. Of course, the AI would choose the same route every time, unless you made way points or something. Give each waypoint a variable to refer to it as, and once a certain waypoint is reached, randomize to choose another. Am I making sense? That is, once you get to point A, you can head to points B, C, or D. The next point is chosen at random.
how about a faggio race or caddy and/or baggage race along with the footrace? all are slow... 
the golfcart race would be the funniest
How about a tractor ? I want a tractor race. New vehicle types is a must. Lawnmoler / shoppingcart / beds with wheels race.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2003 - 04:37 PM

In the movie The Nutty Nut, there was a scene where he was DRIVING a gurney around town. I couldn't stop laughing. Sort of like when I read Barton's posts as of late biggrin.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 15 November 2003 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Nov 14 2003, 17:37)
In the movie The Nutty Nut, there was a scene where he was DRIVING a gurney around town. I couldn't stop laughing. Sort of like when I read Barton's posts as of late biggrin.gif

gurney is not in my dictionary. What is it ?

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 15 November 2003 - 09:53 AM

One of those hospital beds.

GTA3Mods.de has a shopping trolley that replaces the Faggio.
Jackass missions anyone?

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 16 November 2003 - 10:42 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 16 November 2003 - 10:52 PM.

Jackass missions anyone?
Already suggested. Jump of a roof. If you survive, you win the mission and get stuff, like your health back (or maby just some money ?). And you get to get back up on the roof. sarcasm.gif
GTA3Mods.de has a shopping trolley that replaces the Faggio
MTV quality jackass. dozingoff.gif Gotta be fun. sleepy.gif
edit: Or you get to drive a hospital ped to hospital (instead of an ambulance).
bah... ambulance mod -> if you get hurt, you get chased by an ambulance. Bleeder mod -> if you get hurt, you get hurt more, because your blood gets drained. Then you REALLY need to get to hospital before your health runs out.
Tax fraud mod -> constant wanted level.
Programmer mod -> Have the script generate a new script.
Lazy mod / narcolepsia -> instead of getting tired when running, you fall down and go to sleep.

So, does anybody have a dream about becoming a gardener ? I did some tests and it's is possible to script it. Works with saved games too (if you save BEFORE you load). Gotta be fun. dozingoff.gif Atleast you get to drive a car that looks like it has been used for such things before. sleepy.gif Sucks without a tractor. sleepy.gif

Gotta try to code some "give birth" mod tomorrow. sleepy.gif Give birth to some tiny teeny hore or something. Or some old fart. Doesn't make much sense, but. sleepy.gif

Should be a "1 mission minimum" rule on all the map mods.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2003 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Nov 16 2003, 17:42)
...Works with saved games too (if you save BEFORE you load)...

That's pretty funny. Made me laugh.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 16 November 2003 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Nov 16 2003, 23:53)
QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Nov 16 2003, 17:42)
...Works with saved games too (if you save BEFORE you load)...

That's pretty funny. Made me laugh.

But it's true you know. If you always save a game just seconds before you load, it always works. You don't even get time enough to task-swith to delete your main.scm before you need to load that same saved game.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2003 - 09:41 AM

I know. That's WHY it's funny. Stating the obvious is often humorous, especially when at first glance it sounds much better than it actually is smile.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 17 November 2003 - 01:30 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 17 November 2003 - 06:51 PM.

I just wanted to say that after seeing Cerbera (or Cerbie, as he calls himself) naked, seeing buildings gettings recycled from gta 3 in this not Empty anymore City Project and people requesting "jump of a roof" missions, people requesting stuff they really don't need, pissant spammers, after giving my "MB opcodes guessing systemô" a "thinkover", I think I need... eh... I don't know yet, but... a rest... frickin headache... f-ing vacation. And I need it again. ye, I'm just gonna go rent a DVD. bye.

edit: ok, I rented 3 DVDs, so that should do it. And I checked the profiles of most of you. Didn't find anymore gay stuff. So I'll be back tomorrow with MB v1.3. It has keywords in it. Conventional stuff.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 17 November 2003 - 08:56 PM

Cerb has a habit of doing that.

Anyway, this is a good rule of thumb, you don't need to work non-stop on something. If you're under stress, take a night off, like Barton.

trx
  • trx

trx nl

• Members

Posted 18 November 2003 - 07:46 AM

you don't need to work non-stop on something

I wish I HAD time to work non-stop on the scm... stupid r/l stuff. =P

ODIE
  • ODIE

BERLIN-MOD AKTIVIST

• Members

Posted 19 November 2003 - 08:12 PM

Barton: i cant send you the missioncode for my mapprt via mail, so i post it here

Please insert it into the official main.scm

greetings

ODIE

[CD]Icedude
  • [CD]Icedude

Uruz 7

• Members

Posted 19 November 2003 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Nov 16 2003, 22:42)
GTA3Mods.de has a shopping trolley that replaces the Faggio
MTV quality jackass. dozingoff.gif Gotta be fun. sleepy.gif

well you could make the missions more GTA like, mayberace down a long street in the trolley and hitting a car causes you to fail mission and lose half your health?

or even better, making moving drug deals with driving cars out of a moving shopping trolley?

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 20 November 2003 - 01:20 PM

ODIE, I got your code, maby I'll get time tomorrow to work on it.

Making moving drug deals driving a shopping trolley should work.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 21 November 2003 - 10:51 PM

Update. ODIE's script included. The first post in this thread will have a list of the mods and info stuff.

This is a mission script for the
Blank City project / Illspirits Community Project.

What's in it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My stuff
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Coords mod. Press your ACTION key on foot
  to toggle the coords on and off. Will be removed
  later.
- Fisherman mission.
- Checkpoint darling test mission. Use the PCJ behind you
  when you start a new game.

Scripts for MAP mods, changes done
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Script for ODIEs Property for Illspirits Community Project:
- Play the lotto. Fixed the almost invisible sphere.
- Buy cars. Fixed a bug in a IF command that could case random
  crashes. Fixed the almost invisible sphere. Fixed
  "resource overload" issues, like, with infinite money, you
  could buy enough cars to crash the game. Now, cars that you buy
  disappears automatically if you leave them behind. Like random
  traffic cars and parked cars.
- Fixed priority issues, like some code ran too slow, some code
  ran too fast. Some code ran when it didn't need to run. Changed
  the rotating tower to run in the highest priority possible when
  inside the tower and not to run at all when not inside. The rest
  of the code runs with wait 250. Dying inside the tower is no
  longer a problem. The rotation is 100% smooth now.
- Changed the sound code.
- Added a save-game-point (just to see if it would work. If it
  doesn't fit in, I'll remove it).

I basically rewrote the entire script. And the readme for the MAP
mod has some missing info. You should remove the 'illcom_c5_r2.dff'
from the IMG before you install this mod, because the IMGTool
doesn't automatically replace existing DFFs when you add DFFs.
If you haven't done that already, your IMG will most likely have
two 'illcom_c5_r2.dff' files. If you get lots of green grass inside
the car shop, you should remove the smallest of the two
'illcom_c5_r2.dff' objects from the IMG.

Startup info
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Always start a new game when updating your mission script.
- You start on one of the 2 bridges. Hunter on the bridge.

List of required MAP mods
-------------------------

- ODIEs Property for Illspirits Community Project:
  http://www.feege.de/odie_illcom.zip

Fisherman mission
-----------------

Take the REEFER parked near the bridge to
start it.

The mission is about teaching some tourists
some manners. Just beat them silly.

Avoid getting blown out of the water.
Avoid drowning. Avoid getting arrested.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 21 November 2003 - 10:52 PM

@ Barton and/or anyone else who's interested:

I have a few mission ideas here, but since I don't know a lot about scripting, any input or help would be appreciated. So if anyone can point out what's impossible, or just point me in the right direction, great. Or if anyone wants to help code, even better. biggrin.gif

Since I'm doing a police station and hospital, I'd obviously like to make some jobs related to them. For starters, there's going to be one of those caged-in evidence/weapons rooms in the precinct, with an initially closed door, and an officer manning the desk beind the fence. For players to have access to the room (thereby gaining access to mp5, spas12, sniper rifle, etc.. pickups), they would have to complete a number of missions for the officer. So far, the mission ideas I have are as follows:

1- The first time you meet the officer (or, step on the pink circle), he would say something like "Hey, you're not a cop, get out of here". At this point a map blip and 'tutorial' text would pop up indicating for the player to go get a cop outfit from the locker room. Subsequent visits to the officer would require a uniform, but naturally without the tutorial-ish bit.

2- After getting the uniform and returning, the first mission could begin. I'm thinking something along the lines of traffic cop duties in the beginning. Depending on the complexity (or possibilty) of coding, perhaps have the player drive around in a squad car looking for other scripted cars which are breaking the law. Maybe have a handful of them speeding around the map? Then, when the player finds one, have it so when the sirens are on, the cars pull over and stop. After which the player gets out, walks up to the car (pink circle?) and gives them a speeding ticket. No blips or anything for this, perhaps just make it so they have to ticket 5 people out of 10 or so driving around.

If that won't work, maybe just have the player find and stop an illegal street race in the standard blow-up-the-cars vigilante style? Or both, if possible.

3- After completing one or more traffic cop missions, the player could be assigned to water-patrol. Before the player can do these (or maybe any cop missions?), I was thinking that the 'Fisherman mission' *must* be completed. Then we can have the desk-officer tell the player to go investigate the mysterious boat rampage- which the cop doesn't know the player caused. Methinks this would be a funny touch, and would add a bit of continuity. Then, since the player caused the ruckus to begin with, and still hates the other fishermen, we could have him go around in a police boat and sink all the 'suspect' Reefers.

And since this wouldn't be a very, erm, legitimate cop mission, and possibly too easy against unarmed boats, there could be a time limit. This could be explained via text that the player must sink the enemy fishing boats before the other police catch on. It might also server well to make the police ignore the player during this, and other cop missions since he'd be technically on 'their' side.

Some other police boat missions could be thrown in afterwards as well, like stopping drug smugglers or something.

4- Next up, some police heli missions would be fun. For these I'm thinking the player could respond to 'crimes in progress', and fulfill the role of following the fleeing suspect until ground units arrive. Methinks this could be done by spawning a car or ped who is set to run about aimlessly which the player would have to hover over for a certain ammount of time 'til backup gets there. It could be made so AI cars are sent to the players x/y coord after the time goes by, and use a sphere check around the suspect to find if the player has led the cops properly, right? Then I suppose it would just be a matter of having a cop get out and kill the suspect to wrap up the mission. Oh, and to make things difficult, it might be fun if the mission would fail if the player killed the suspect.

A couple of variations on this would be good. And would it be possible to script in some of those rope-jumping swat guys in the heli with the player? If so that would be awesome if the player could drop them on a criminal during one of the missions.

5- Last but not least, we have the swat missions. The concept is simple enough: The aforementioned desk officer tells the player he's been 'promoted' to the swat team. From here, we could have a swat ped skin delivered to the locker room as a clothes pickup. Once geared-up, the player could go grab a swat van from the garage (with more swat inside?), which would in turn start a mission. One idea for these would be to stop an armored-car robbery- basically, set up an armored car somewhere with a driver inside, and a couple of security guards outside engaged in a shootout with a few thugs. Simply kill the thugs to pass, or perhaps have one drive away after the rest die for a bit of a chase. This, and other such swat-ish missions would probably be rather easy to set up, and could prove fun.

Then after all the cop missions are finished, the gate to the weapons lockup would open so that players can get their hands on high powered guns whenever they like. I'd also like to have it so all the player's weapons are delivered to the evidence room after being busted, but I don't know if that's even possible...

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 21 November 2003 - 11:17 PM

All of that is possible. Rope-jumping swat guys in the heli with the player can be emulated, like, you can't see the rope because there is no rope. But you can ofcourse model a rope that can be script-connected to the heli.

I can code it all when you get the police station complete.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 22 November 2003 - 06:50 AM

w00ty! Would it be of any help at all if I tried to code the basic missions so you could just go through and fix all my errors? Or would that just complicate things even more? In either case, If you'ld like, I can send you an early half-textured version of the station and such for you to play with while I finish up. Just say the word, and I'll muck something together that at least has all the main objects in place- even if they're temp boxes.

And if the regular rope jumping stunt won't work, we may as well skip it. I dunno if adding much more stuff to objects.dat would be a wise idea.

By the way... seeing as some lots with docks might not be ready for a while, would you like me to edit one of the bridges to include an undercarriage/catwalk bit for boat access? Might make the Fisherman easier easier to start that way for the time being. I could also edit the bridge so boats can, erm, drive(?) under it..

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 22 November 2003 - 10:14 AM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 22 November 2003 - 11:44 AM.

w00ty! Would it be of any help at all if I tried to code the basic missions so you could just go through and fix all my errors? Or would that just complicate things even more?
Maby it would complicate things. Like, if you create any spheres, I need to move them to a separate place in the code because spheres don't get saved when you save your game, so they all need to be recreated when you load a saved game. And other things related to freeing stuff up. I don't think I'll code it as strictly as Rockstar did it, like never requesting stuff in the MAIN part of the code (when not inside some interiour), but there are lots of things that need to match up. Like, you can't just create stuff like a car with create_car in MAIN and not take special care to get that car removed when it's no longer needed.
And if the regular rope jumping stunt won't work, we may as well skip it. I dunno if adding much more stuff to objects.dat would be a wise idea.
It will work, no problem. I can start working on some test code right now. You shouldn't put the rope into the 'objects.dat' anyway, because it's better if it doesn't have any collision detection or any physics attached to it. Just create it as some static, stiff, thin pole or something. Like the lines that crosses over the names of the cars on the plate attached to the import/export garage. Like some flat 2D thing maby. Making it hang strait down while the helicopter is moving is not a problem.
In either case, If you'ld like, I can send you an early half-textured version of the station and such for you to play with while I finish up. Just say the word, and I'll muck something together that at least has all the main objects in place- even if they're temp boxes.
edit: Would like it better if you just finish it first. I had a look at your police6.jpg. Looks like I wanted it to be -> big.
By the way... seeing as some lots with docks might not be ready for a while
Really ? I think I heard something about a dock with both skimmers and boats.
would you like me to edit one of the bridges to include an undercarriage/catwalk bit for boat access?
I guess I need to move the hunter and the PCJ then. Or maby I don't ? It would look better if it looked like a bridge.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 23 November 2003 - 06:05 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 23 November 2003 - 06:12 PM.

UPDATE !!!

Changes
-------

Moved the hunter and PCJ off the bridge to
allow the bridge to be edited.

Created a special savegame code that allows
unlimited savepoints. Just in case everybody
wants a savepoint on their property.
The savepoint radar icons show up when
you're 40 units near them in east-west-north-south
direction and 70 units up in the air. Originally,
they show up when you're much further away. The
original viewdistance is hardcoded (I think).
The distance in this script is scripted.
I created 3 savepoints near ODIE's property
for testing so you can see how near you need
to be before they show up.

Added a real scenenry fire for Inky to play with.
Fires like this disappears when you save your
game. Spheres disappears also. This means that
spheres and fires must to be in the savegame
code part of the script. If you send me your
coordinates, I'll add the fires (and spheres)
for you.

Created some sort of jackass mission. blink.gif
Walk into the sphere near ODIE's tower.
Other jackass ideas: Set yourself on fire, get
somebody to beat you up, get somebody to shoot
you (?), get somebody to drive a car over you.

EDIT: I also added a normal icon marker for ODIE's pay-n-spray garage so you can compare the savepoint radar markers with that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users