Photo

[Official] Mission Script Topic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
930 replies to this topic
Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 10 November 2003 - 04:05 PM Edited by Knife, 02 January 2006 - 01:59 PM.

user posted image

MI Vice Final Last Update: New pickups ect.
Mirror 1Thanks to GTA Universe
Mirror 2Thanks to Me (Knife)
Mirror 3Thanks to Suction Testicle man
SAN ANDREAS SCRIPT COMING SOON!
MORE MIRRORS WELCOME!

ALL LINKS ARE WORKING!

San Andreas Progress

A new modshop has been coded
I have converted 2 missions (Job on the line & Five Alive)
Some dev. code that will not be in the release
All of Mission 0 (parked cars, weapons, pickups ect.)
Opius had re written the master thread

A test of these features is avalible to myriad developers

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 November 2003 - 04:08 PM

no ambulance or fire truck or police?

i would like to see... more interiors to buildings if possible.

rackellar
  • rackellar

ViceIsNice

• Members

Posted 10 November 2003 - 04:11 PM

A lil game where you stop UFO's, CLASSIC!!!

-Decay-
  • -Decay-

Fat Albert?

• Members

Posted 10 November 2003 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (brokenfish @ Nov 10 2003, 16:08)

Many of the bulidings are coming with an interior to explore already.

I dont really care about violence or not. I would just leave it as is.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 10 November 2003 - 05:02 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 10 November 2003 - 05:11 PM.

QUOTE (brokenfish @ Nov 10 2003, 17:08)

too violent for a Sims game. colgate.gif
Fires are scary you know. Cops too. dozingoff.gif
I guess I need to come up with something funny that isn't violent. Something involving driving a car without hitting people on accident. dozingoff.gif
There won't be any weapons in there. Thats for sure (except, I'm not the boss, so dozingoff.gif )
edit: Killing aliens in UFOs is sort of violent. According to UFO fanatics anyway. dozingoff.gif

I dont really care about violence or not. I would just leave it as is.
That would make it easier to code it. All it needs then is the code to load the interiors. dozingoff.gif

(Wonders why nobody want gangs to do random drive-by's. dozingoff.gif )

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 10 November 2003 - 05:15 PM

mail transport missions (mail trucks, mail planes, mail helicopters, special delivers etc.. )

Un3462
  • Un3462

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 November 2003 - 05:29 PM

garbage truck missions!!!!!

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 10 November 2003 - 08:54 PM

Hmm, I'll be doing the coding for my area myself, but I'd like to see things you'd really see in the city or subburbs, like busses and taxis driving around, and actually picking people up.

_punK noodleS_
  • _punK noodleS_

i can think louder than you can talk looser

• Members

Posted 10 November 2003 - 09:08 PM

firsh off this is GRAND THEFT AUTO devil.gif !!!!! who that duys this game expects not to be able to kill someone at random.....o well i sugest not going all out on wepons but scattering a few weapons around (ex.=baseball bat in the backyard of someones house,handgune in a parking lot to a robable store) maby and on foot delivery mission if posible confused.gif

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 November 2003 - 09:15 PM Edited by brokenfish, 10 November 2003 - 09:16 PM.

the GAME is called grand theft auto.

the MOD is called empty city.
so no violence, nothing.

heres another hopefully non-violent idea: be a tourist, and then your mission is to take as many scenery pictures as you can. turn.gif

just a little MORE

smile.gif

i like the garbage truck mission. thats original.

Quantum_Destabilizer
  • Quantum_Destabilizer

Ukraine Forever!!!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2003 - 09:17 PM

So, you want to make game inside out, so instead of killing people, do Tommy make new people biggrin.gif

Erm.. I mean dating, partying, hanging out etc.

P.S: Somebody asked that - also need to sleep

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 11 November 2003 - 06:37 AM

Well, I wouldn't go as far as saying this should be a safe and sanitized The Sims mod. The engine doesn't really have enough options to provide a totally non-violent gameplay experience, does it? I mean, yea, if we can come up with fun pacifist missions, then by all means use 'em. I know I often wondered why there was no garbage truck missions (good thinking CyQ), and things like pizza delivery in VC were fun too. But Punk Noodles does have a point- Most (if not all) people who play the game expect some sort of, erm, anti-social behavior, so the remove all weapons and such might be a bit odd.

And besides, I'm about half way into modelling the police station, and part of the plan was to have supply and evidence rooms for weapon pick-ups. Then there's the jail cells, which I'd like to have peds locked in, and I was thinking of making one of them a torture/interrogation room complete with bloodstains and a police baton pick-up. devil.gif

Oh, and I happen to like the idea of random gang drivebys too.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:51 AM

Am I the only one who got CyQ's garbage-man joke? I hope not. That might upset Barton for sure.

If you're going to do mailman, why not also Paperboy? Then again, I'm not sure why Barton's so married to the non-violent aspect. It would be unique, but not nearly as interesting.

Here's an idea, since this is a community project, have it be like each lot BELONGS to its occupier. So if one person and another don't normally get along in the forums, have one of them hire you to go blow up the others building or something like that. Have alliances between the authors and represent "gangs" or something.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:56 AM Edited by Opius, 11 November 2003 - 10:58 AM.

QUOTE (Demarest @ Nov 11 2003, 21:51)
Here's an idea, since this is a community project, have it be like each lot BELONGS to its occupier. So if one person and another don't normally get along in the forums, have one of them hire you to go blow up the others building or something like that. Have alliances between the authors and represent "gangs" or something

[Wishful Thinking]MTA, anyone?[/Wishful Thinking]

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:05 AM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 11 November 2003 - 11:50 AM.

I made this thread to start a heated debate about this project. Looks like it's working. A "long advanced great" mission storyline would be great. I would love to see some city (island) zone organizing.
people who play the game expect some sort of, erm, anti-social behavior, so the remove all weapons and such might be a bit odd.
ye, I know. I just don't have any great ideas about where to put the weapons yet.
And besides, I'm about half way into modelling the police station, and part of the plan was to have supply and evidence rooms for weapon pick-ups. Then there's the jail cells, which I'd like to have peds locked in, and I was thinking of making one of them a torture/interrogation room complete with bloodstains and a police baton pick-up. 

Oh, and I happen to like the idea of random gang drivebys too.
ye, but what about the children playing the game ? I don't really care about them (I think), but maby somebody do. notify.gif Anyway, I think random gang drivebys would be easy enough to code.

So, you want to make game inside out, so instead of killing people, do Tommy make new people 

Erm.. I mean dating, partying, hanging out etc.
ye, making Tommy into some woman that gets pregnant all the time could get very funny. I think....... I guess I don't think alot. whatsthat.gif
Hmm, I'll be doing the coding for my area myself, but I'd like to see things you'd really see in the city or subburbs, like busses and taxis driving around, and actually picking people up.
ye, that's interresting. There is only one mission script and I'm the official Script Admin. If you send me your code, it would work. That's how I wanted people to do it anyway. And I will fix any codes I get if I see any serious flaws with it. Simple mods activated by pressing keys is not very likely to happen (my coordsmod will be removed later), because there aren't that many keys to use to begin with. Like, if somebody wants to buy places in the game, the ACTION key will get reserved for buying places. If people wants bodyguards or stuff like that, they must reserve a place to put a sphere that activates the bodyguard mod. If you want to be a passanger in a bus, you need a sphere. If you want a NOD mod, you need to get some sort of NOS upgrade and the NOD mod will only be activated as long as you have Nitro left in your NOS. That way, whatever button reserved for NOS will be available for other mods when you don't need NOS. It would make the game cleaner. Like, if you want a speedo mod, you just drive your car into some garage to buy a speedo. If you hate speedo mods, you just stay away from the garage. Would make everybody happy. And mixing mods should be easy enough.
Am I the only one who got CyQ's garbage-man joke?
He didn't say if it was a joke or not. There are two types of garbage man missions. 1) The mission I made for GTA 3 (that demarest never played (dunno really)) with a psyco killing people and throwing them into a garbage truck and 2) a normal boring garbage man mission.
If you're going to do mailman, why not also Paperboy?
Nobody would play it, but sure, I could make it. Could get interresting. Drive a moped, timer, gta stuff....
Or just make a Paperboy mod with some crazy guy on a moped throwing newspapers in your face.
Spawn cars anywhere
Not a problem, just needs a sphere for activation.
Demarest's VC mods
An activation sphere would do.

I not saying I'm the big mission script boss here, I'm just trying to be. tounge.gif I want to make the best out of this project. That's all. I know you all wants me to be your Script Admin. tounge.gif Thanks for your support. I know you all believe in me. tounge2.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2003 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Nov 11 2003, 06:05)
Am I the only one who got CyQ's garbage-man joke?
He didn't say if it was a joke or not. There are two types of garbage man missions. 1) The mission I made for GTA 3 (that demarest never played (dunno really)) with a psyco killing people and throwing them into a garbage truck and 2) a normal boring garbage man mission...

Well I just assumed he said that because you made the garbage man missions before. I could be wrong.

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 November 2003 - 04:09 PM

You should make a mission where a house is on fire and you have to go in and save some people. And then put out the fire. colgate.gif

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 November 2003 - 05:40 PM

too scary tounge.gif

how about a mission where you have to jump off of something high? i dont know where

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 02:30 AM

How about we make a whole group of people, AND BLOW THEM UP! blush.gif
confused.gif
You know what would be cool though? Making a golf game! Might be a little hard but its could happen! turn.gif

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 02:34 AM

How about we make a whole group of people, AND BLOW THEM UP!
thats violent. cry.gif
but what you could do is just spawn a hundred people around the same area, then make a big explosion there tounge.gif

You know what would be cool though? Making a golf game! Might be a little hard but its could happen!
someone suggested this before... i think they wanted tommy golf. but it never got made.

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (brokenfish @ Nov 12 2003, 08:34)
thats violent. cry.gif
but what you could do is just spawn a hundred people around the same area, then make a big explosion there tounge.gif

I was being sarcastic... colgate.gif

Anyways about the golf thing, i wasn't thinking about making a difficult code or anything, just something that keeps score. smile.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2003 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (brokenfish @ Nov 11 2003, 21:34)
You know what would be cool though? Making a golf game! Might be a little hard but its could happen!
someone suggested this before... i think they wanted tommy golf. but it never got made.

Yeah, INH and I were talking about it once upon a time. If it gets included, my idea was to trigger it by pressing CapsLock while in a golf cart smile.gif

trx
  • trx

trx nl

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 07:09 AM

GTAIII - Ray ? Gone Fishing...
=)

shtiann
  • shtiann

nice sucker

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 08:29 AM

my ideas :

-tommy rides a skateboard ! but how to make him stand sideways ?

-a sort of disney world park with games likes RC races, all the funny stuff u could find in these sort of places, i can't translate them....

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 04:02 PM

You should make a mission where a house is on fire and you have to go in and save some people. And then put out the fire.
ok then.
-tommy rides a skateboard ! but how to make him stand sideways ?
Just create a skateboard "car". Or just a skateboard DFF and put it in the 'object.dat' file. uh, why does this project use the original 'object.dat' file ?
GTAIII - Ray ? Gone Fishing...
=)
Sure. I'll just give it some other name...
GOLF thingy
Sure, except, where ? Needs another island.

I'll just go make that fishing mission. (doesn't require any buildings or complete road paths or anything) (I just bet boats need water-paths in VC). turn.gif

trx
  • trx

trx nl

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 04:46 PM

About the fishing, I meant it to do it the way Ray's partner is fishing, (with grenades) but then I remembered that you didn't want to use weapons in this mod. It could still be fun, though. =)

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 05:15 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 12 November 2003 - 05:16 PM.

QUOTE (trx @ Nov 12 2003, 17:46)
About the fishing, I meant it to do it the way Ray's partner is fishing, (with grenades) but then I remembered that you didn't want to use weapons in this mod. It could still be fun, though. =)

uh, well, I was going to code it with weapons, but... maby I'll just code it without any. Like, Tommy is an angry fisherman that hates other fishermen because Tommy wants all the fish for himself. So, he goes out the on the open sea and jumps from his boat over to other boats and beats the living daylight of every fishermen in sight. Gotta be fun. notify.gif

Maby somebody could create some boat pier ?

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 09:29 PM Edited by Redkiller, 12 November 2003 - 09:47 PM.

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Nov 12 2003, 22:02)
GOLF thingy
Sure, except, where ? Needs another island.

Mini golf would work! smile.gif

Maby somebody could create some boat pier ?

You could use the ones in gta3, one the east side of stauton island, or the one by the light house in VC. ph34r.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 10:22 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 12 November 2003 - 10:24 PM.

You could use the ones in gta3, one the east side of stauton island, or the one by the light house in VC.

It's probably not in the IMG anymore. And I don't feel like stealing other peoples land. And I don't feel like using old objects.
Mini golf would work!

Dunno. Would be like picking up the ball and throwing it like some 3-year old trying to hit the holes. Would look better with "real" golf.

Fisherman mission complete !!!

I just changed the starting position to one of those bridges. The fisherman mission can be started there.

Links in my sig. People that don't know what a sig is can click on one of these lines...
http://home.c2i.net/...mptyCityScm.zip
http://home.no.net/b...mptyCityScm.zip

_punK noodleS_
  • _punK noodleS_

i can think louder than you can talk looser

• Members

Posted 12 November 2003 - 11:46 PM

mail transport missions (mail trucks, mail planes[/COLOR], mail helicopters, special delivers etc.. )

you could do the the plane part because of the film studio mission where you drop the advertising across the mainland

a cool mission would be something like the mission in GTA3 "Bullion Run" or something along the lines of cops and stuff that weighs down your car.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users