Photo

[REL] Vice City DLL linker

4 replies to this topic
Squiddy
  • Squiddy

Back!

• The Connection

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:30 PM

Please forgive me that name, but I'm not that creative in these thinks. tounge.gif
Many people asked for it, so here it is. You're now able to use more than one dll with vice city. I allready showed some code in the spookie's thread. But I changed a little thing.
Let's call it the base, it's just a little dummy d3d8.dll, that reads out a textfile (common.cfg) with all mods that should be loaded. So all mods that support this, just have their own internal name.

common.cfg
CODE

begin;
sa_hud;
speedo;
end;

The d3d8.dll reads out the next dll, which would be sa_hud and loads up sa_hud.dll. So internal name has to be the same like the filename. Once sa hud is loaded it calls speedo and so one. When one dll get's "end" as next dll, it calls our real d3d8.dll in the system directory. So unless you add an old dll which doesn't supports this and therefore calls the real automaticly, there has to be an end inside this file.

I set up a little page to explain the installation, which is in fact very easy. But as my english is not the best, feel free to ask about things, offer suggestions or just your opinion, which is very welcome.
http://gtareactor.ju...ers.de/squiddy/

Pagnell
  • Pagnell

a.k.a. petebog

• Members

Posted 11 January 2005 - 10:00 PM

Nice work again, sounds very useful. smile.gif

htsb8
  • htsb8

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 04:57 PM

first,thank you for your reply!

i must dl it and run at once
there is something wrong,i run the game with it ,but just sa_hud is ok,others isnt running,i changed other dll files,the same result.

i did it as you said that:
i dl it from http://mitglied.lycos.de/vaugn/mods/ ,and then i changed the file of the speedo to speedo.dll,and then i put sa_hud.dll in GTA folder,and put your d3d8.dll of the dll-linker in the game folder, then i edited the common.cfg like this:
CODE
# GTA:Vice City DLL Config
#   All dlls listed here will be loaded by the game.

begin;
speedo;
sa_hud;
end;

run game,OH!the speedo just was displayed!and No sa_hud;then i edited .cfg again
CODE

begin;
sa_hud;
speedo;
end;

the result is the opposite:displayed the sa_hud,and no speedo.

i have a d3d8.dll of the loaded mission,i did it,too,and the result is the same.

oh,which process is wrong?

thanx

htsb8
  • htsb8

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 04:58 PM

first,thank you for your reply!

i must dl it and run at once
there is something wrong,i run the game with it ,but just sa_hud is ok,others isnt running,i changed other dll files,the same result.

i did it as you said that:
i dl it from http://mitglied.lycos.de/vaugn/mods/ ,and then i changed the file of the speedo to speedo.dll,and then i put sa_hud.dll in GTA folder,and put your d3d8.dll of the dll-linker in the game folder, then i edited the common.cfg like this:
CODE

begin;
speedo;
sa_hud;
end;

run game,OH!the speedo just was displayed!and No sa_hud;then i edited .cfg again
CODE

begin;
sa_hud;
speedo;
end;

the result is the opposite:displayed the sa_hud,and no speedo.

i have a d3d8.dll of the loaded mission,i did it,too,and the result is the same.

oh,which process is wrong?

thanx

Lurven
  • Lurven

Rufus

• Members

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:30 PM

This doesn't work at all for me, it only loads the first dll.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users