Photo

[Official] Lot Requests and Map Design

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
283 replies to this topic
AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:16 PM Edited by JasonB, 21 February 2006 - 09:41 AM.

This is JasonB speaking:
By accident I hit edit and not quote here and accidently put the post I wanted to make here and accidently got rid of Alexs post. My bad.

Hopefully Alex can fix this up blush.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:15 PM

i wasn't actually offering a lot conversion service, i was offering the released VC files to anybody who wants to convert the lots themselves as i know that most of the links to released files probably no longer work.

@AleXXX: thanks for fixing things smile.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:19 PM

BTW, I actually have the lot just above mine aswell (another of jasons old ones). Thats illcom_c5_r6 icon14.gif

A new lot request will be coming soon with new rules and it will continuesly be up to date. Allthough that probbaly will not happen for a while.

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:42 AM

I own the lot above the blue bridge one on the east coast

This is Blatent's lot.
Lot map already changed:
MAP
I seriously need that lot, and when I reserved it quite some time ago that lot was vacant, no one laid claim to it. It is vital for the bridge to my island (without it the gradient to the bridge height would be ridiculous, insurmountable in a normal vehicle IMO) and I have already almost completed it as well. And Blatent hasn't been seen around these parts in a long time.

And Alex, I appreciate your enthusiasm on this, but we need to think about things first. You can't just proclaim yourself the lot manager and start deciding who has what lots. We need to look over the rules and decide who should keep what lots.

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

• Members

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:09 PM

And Alex, I appreciate your enthusiasm on this, but we need to think about things first. You can't just proclaim yourself the lot manager and start deciding who has what lots. We need to look over the rules and decide who should keep what lots.

I don't announce myself manager. Everything, what I do - edit map depending on the words of mainer people.
I seriously need that lot, and when I reserved it quite some time ago that lot was vacant, no one laid claim to it. It is vital for the bridge to my island (without it the gradient to the bridge height would be ridiculous, insurmountable in a normal vehicle IMO) and I have already almost completed it as well. And Blatent hasn't been seen around these parts in a long time.

Problem. The large problem. It's necessary to ask illspirit?
A new lot request will be coming soon with new rules and it will continuesly be up to date. Allthough that probbaly will not happen for a while.

Please, next time, edit my LOT map. I've spent for it a lot of time.
There're some realization ideas:
1. Create two / three themes - illcom lots, illnorth lots and GTI lots.
2. Before divide illnorth, fully complete illcom (about 40% remained).

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:18 PM

It is half-planned that me and JasonB (I don't know if he knew tounge.gif ) will be running a new lot request (mostly because we are quite active on the forums). Cerbera descussed this with illy and this is ok.

I have drafted out some stuff and I need to talk to Jason so see

A) If he realises he's doing it or if he even can
B) Agreeing on some rules

Of course we are not going to go off and make some rules that 'we' think are good, they will be discussed with other people that are mainly involved. One rule I do want to introduce is a limit on how long you have to complete your lot. I am thinking 6 months, which is half a year (and mabe even a bit generous just to complete a just one lot).

I also think all lot owners with outstanding lots should be contacted and notified of a topic where they must post to keep their lot if its old. They will get 2 months to respond or loose it. If they do respond they get a further 4 months.

The biggist thing will be we will make sure the map is correct so everything can work properly

I'm not saying any of this is the way it's going to be it's just my ideas.

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:27 PM

6 months per lot seems reasonable. But what about multiple lot claims (you know what I'm talking about smile.gif ) ?

Contacting the current 'inactive' lot owners seems a good idea too.

And I like Alexxx's idea too, making seperate lot maps for the 4 major islands: illcom+ illsub, GTI, illres, illurb. This to prevent that everything becomes unoverseeable.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:29 PM Edited by Cerbera, 21 February 2006 - 08:48 PM.

I volunteered Knife and JasonB because they:
  1. have a good amount of experience in GTA modding;
  2. are well known and mature;
  3. have both created properties;
  4. have worked in Myriad Islands for a long time;
  5. have already been on the MI Council for a long time;
  6. have good communication skills (this is an English speaking forum, sorry);
  7. are sufficiently active to keep a lots list maintained;
  8. understand the need to gather lots of people's opinions before reaching a decision;
  9. have been approved by illspirit;
  10. and they have proven their abilities to organise effectively.
By having two qualified people in charge of the topic, it won't become any one person's pet project. It also won't suffer from the inevitable vacations and other commitments one person would have to balance with MI.

I would suggest that the place to start would be to make a "Roll Call" topic where everyone involved with MI should make one post stating their current involvement, what they've made so far, anything they have in progress, lots they think they own, recent activity (might be "none"), expected activity over the next three years and stuff like that. This data can then be reviewed by everyone (without any chatter) so they can get an idea of what the status of the team is.

In addition, a "Lots List Ideas" topic should be created to gauge the views of contributors about reassigning lots. The first post should raise a numbered list of particular issues, such as:-
  1. What should be done about incomplete lots?
  2. Which authors seem to have left GTA?
  3. How to contact authors nobody has heard from for a while?
  4. What process should be used for deciding whether to include any unofficial islands?
  5. What size and format the lots list picture should be (current size and format seems fine to me)?
  6. Should people have to submit plans and resource photos when claiming a lot (to prove they are serious)?
  7. How detailed any such plans should be and stuff like that?
  8. Anything this list doesn't include?
If MI is going to become revitalised it should be done with careful planning so that no one accidentally wastes effort making stuff for a lot which turns out to belong to someone else. This is a project which will take many more years of work to complete, so careful planning and open discussion is essential to make sure everyone can work together effectively. smile.gif

(EDIT) By the way, I intend to ease my way out of the MI project after the railway is complete. I don't want to slow things down from my increasing commitment to professional projects, like my local school's website.

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (Knife @ Feb 21 2006, 19:18)
I am thinking 6 months, which is half a year (and mabe even a bit generous just to complete a just one lot). I also think all lot owners with outstanding lots should be contacted and notified of a topic where they must post to keep their lot if its old. They will get 2 months to respond or loose it. If they do respond they get a further 4 months.

Six months - it's too much. For LOT development will suffice 1 or 2 months. If there will be six months, then in 3 months the people should upload alpha-version (only for team or public).

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:17 AM

Well I was thinking its more fair to have quite a while because people are doing this in their spare time. So it's probably a good idea to say that you must show progress within two months and again after 4 months. That means MI is getting a current flow of updates & info.

JasonB
  • JasonB

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:48 AM

6 months seems like a reasonable deadline to me, since I have developed several lots, I know it can take much longer then expected. And since we do this as a hobby, there will be many inconsistencies on the work put in.

But after the 6 months the person isn't showing any work, we should not hesitate to remove their lot.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:51 PM Edited by Cran., 23 February 2006 - 12:54 PM.

6 months is about right, but if we get to a point (Like 4-5 months) and the author hasn't done sh*t, he should need to show some work or lose the lot. Hell, i've been a bit slow myself. Maybe if I had a smaller lot, and more holidays for that matter tounge.gif Now the question on my mind is, who's losing their lots now? There is way to many lots that haven't had anything done on them.

And in regards to our slow activity, I think San Andreas has slowed things up. It's been ages since it came out for PC, and we don't even have paths yet.

EDIT: BTW, if Superb@ll loses his smaller lot next to Delfi's, I shall call dibs on it tounge.gif

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Feb 23 2006, 13:51)
6 months is about right, but if we get to a point (Like 4-5 months) and the author hasn't done sh*t, he should need to show some work or lose the lot. Hell, i've been a bit slow myself. Maybe if I had a smaller lot, and more holidays for that matter tounge.gif Now the question on my mind is, who's losing their lots now? There is way to many lots that haven't had anything done on them.

And in regards to our slow activity, I think San Andreas has slowed things up. It's been ages since it came out for PC, and we don't even have paths yet.

EDIT: BTW, if Superb@ll loses his smaller lot next to Delfi's, I shall call dibs on it tounge.gif

Bad to hear for you, Cran.

But my smaller lot has already been released tounge.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Feb 23 2006, 12:51)
Now the question on my mind is, who's losing their lots now?

Thats what the pinned topic called 'all lot owners report here' will decide biggrin.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:48 PM

Since Delfi gave up C4_r11 (http://www.gtaforums...dpost&p=3541217)

Lot: illcom_c4_r11
Pics: Not yet tounge.gif
Description: Probaly going to be an apartment building (Old-ish brothel like) with a small block of GTA-style shops thrown in.

@Superb@ll sorry, I remeber now, just hasn't been marked on the map as released. It's the one with the col bugs tounge.gif

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:08 PM

Ye, the col bugs have been fixed though..

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:23 PM

Lot map is changed.
-illcom_c5_r6 now Knife's
-illcom_c2_r10 now GT-1's, ODIE's and illspirit's
-illcom_c8_r6 (Diesel's lot) removed
-illcom_c4_r11(Delfi's lot) removed
-illcom_c10_r6 now in "JasonB or Blatent" status

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:18 AM

As i've been told by BCSpeed34, I am finishing off his lot, which is illcom_c9_r3 (Atleast I think it is tounge.gif ). So change that lot to BCSpeed34/Cran on the map icon14.gif

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:15 PM

Im very thankful for the mess you made in this topic yawn.gif

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:10 PM Edited by mickarrow, 27 February 2006 - 10:55 PM.

Lot: illsub_c2_r2, illsub_c3_r3
Pics: pic (rough)
Description: mansions
Message: While I await the northern islands' split-up, I'd like to take these lots to help fill the original land. smile.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:47 PM Edited by GTAuron, 26 February 2006 - 11:01 PM.

Hmm..whats the name of that rectangular lot near the north of the islands? Like a perfect rectangle? i got a layout that will fit that, can I have that? One sec i'll dig pics. - GTAuron

EDIT:

http://mark.ffsphere.net/off.jpg

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

• Members

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:25 PM

Hmm..whats the name of that rectangular lot near the north of the islands? Like a perfect rectangle? i got a layout that will fit that, can I have that? One sec i'll dig pics. - GTAuron

illcom_c3_r2 smile.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:45 PM

Chaars, can I have that then? tounge.gif - GTAuron

JasonB
  • JasonB

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:28 AM

Alex, if you are going to continue updating the map, please add Cran to c4_r11, as he did request before your last update.

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

• Members

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:49 AM

Alex, if you are going to continue updating the map, please add Cran to c4_r11, as he did request before your last update.

Well, and next time edit the request post (as SR).
As i've been told by BCSpeed34, I am finishing off his lot, which is illcom_c9_r3 (Atleast I think it is ). So change that lot to BCSpeed34/Cran on the map

When you finish it, I'll add you to the map.
Chaars, can I have that then?  - GTAuron

Message: While I await the northern islands' split-up, I'd like to take these lots to help fill the original land.

Wait, while JasonB/Knife'll confirm it.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 28 February 2006 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (mickarrow @ Feb 26 2006, 22:10)
Message: While I await the northern islands' split-up, I'd like to take these lots to help fill the original land. smile.gif

Everythings not quite in order yet but you are welcome to have those lots. It's not like people are fighting for them. So mickarrow can be added to the map.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:17 PM

Knife ya ignored me :'( Check further up ze page! Or, to say again,

c3_r2
- GTAuron

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:19 PM Edited by Knife, 28 February 2006 - 07:27 PM.

QUOTE (GTAuron @ Feb 28 2006, 19:17)
Knife ya ignored me :'( Check further up ze page! Or, to say again,

c3_r2
- GTAuron

Sorry mate, go ahead, it's yours icon14.gif

Map update: Clicker

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:07 AM

Wow, looking at that map, that means 50 lots have been released biggrin.gif well, some releases cover more than one lot, but its 50 lots in all smile.gif . - GTAuron

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

• Members

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:00 PM

that means 50 lots have been released

+ 2 bridges bored.gif
Map update: Clicker

Now accessible in a standard source.
Lot map (01.03.06)
My BIG fonts collection tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic