[Official] Lot Requests and Map Design

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
283 replies to this topic
G)-(OSTofCT
  • G)-(OSTofCT

Scorps4Life <3

• Members

Posted 17 September 2005 - 07:41 AM

Helloes to myriad peoples. I havent been here in a while but I want a lot please.

Lot: c3_r9
Pics: It's going to be built around the lot.
Desc: there is a few ideas kicking around and I'm going to need a lower level perhaps sly.gif

Sim_2000
  • Sim_2000

Intermediate map modder

• Members

Posted 02 October 2005 - 04:17 PM Edited by Sim_2000, 04 October 2005 - 08:51 PM.

Is the lot illcom_c1_r11 still available? If it is then I claim it. Ill make an apartment that looks fine next to Jason B's Lots.

g4mer
  • g4mer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:58 PM Edited by g4mer, 14 October 2005 - 08:53 PM.

Lot: illcom_c3_r1
Pics:Link to picture.
Description:a tall building. with a rotating way to go up.
i know it it is the wtc mod but im going to change some thing's and texture's wink.gif .
i also fit's on it an i think of creating a elevator cool.gif
and some other idea what i will work out. smile.gif
Message:I hope that lot is stil avaible. thanks in advance.

PS. MI mod is really good.

locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2005 - 02:29 PM Edited by locO G, 07 November 2005 - 02:32 PM.

I would dearly love to contribute to this mod but it seems as though there is WIP on all lots. Please let me know if any are relinquished
Lot: illsub_c1_r1 (but it could go anywhere. Perhaps on Northern Islands)
Pics:Pending
Description:Executive family house. Walled driveway, swimming pool, hedged garden, orchard, greenhouse, private jetty.

Please could someone let me know

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 08 November 2005 - 03:49 PM Edited by JasonB, 10 November 2005 - 05:14 AM.

Lot: illcom_c1_r12
Description: its bridge to my island. I began to develop island in October 13. Now I have a lot of free time. About one month I drew map. I use 3ds max 5.0 and Zmodeller 1.07b.
Pic: : First screen (made 3 days back)

Modelling skills you can look in PPT theme.
Edit: Excuse me, Jason.

JasonB's ninja hacked edit into someone elses post:
To keep the topic clean I'm purging the unnecessary posts brought up by a spelling mistake.

Ninja out

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2005 - 05:41 AM Edited by JasonB, 21 November 2005 - 07:28 AM.

I'm relinquishing ownership of lots illcom_c5_r6 and illcom_c4_r7.
I am going to move the buildings there to my island. I feel they would be more at place there, so no work is going to waste (well, not much work anyway)

EDIT: I would like to request lot illcom_c10_r6. Blatent has shown no progress in a long time, and I havn't even seen a post by him in a long time. I think it is safe to assume that he has left the project. I want this lot to make the exit from the bridge that goes to my island look better, and any left over space will goto generic buildings.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:14 PM

I'm stealing jasons c5_r6 smile.gif

So, uhm...

Lot: illcom_c5_r6
Pics: I'm gonna get this lot done pretty quick
Description: Low level commercial type thingy

and I have allready spoken to SR and this is officially my lot biggrin.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:46 PM

strange you should say that, there is a fish market already and there will be a small fishing dock being added so yes a seafood restaurant is a damm good idea wink.gif maybe i'll call it "So Sushi Me " smile.gif

***TGR***
  • ***TGR***

Just passing by!

• Members

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:46 PM

seafood restaurant is a damm good idea

Yip i'd say for sure biggrin.gif

I've just got to many things on my plate to do any sort of GTA modding, hence giving my slot to Gforce. I might one day get around to finishing seaworld but it will only be for VC not that crappy pain in the ar*e SA. So I'll looking forward to seeing some sort of screenshots g buud of whatever you put on the slot biggrin.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (***TGR*** @ Dec 1 2005, 15:46)
So I'll looking forward to seeing some sort of screenshots g buud of whatever you put on the slot biggrin.gif

i'm putting a revised Seaworld on it, if you remember some of those mad idea's we discussed wink.gif , i'm also hoping to make use of all those new sea creature's that R* put into SA, i just need to try and work out how to stop the player from swimming when he enter's the tubes ........ i never was any good with the water file suicidal.gif

***TGR***
  • ***TGR***

Just passing by!

• Members

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:39 PM

Thats right I forgot all about the tubes and I forgot CJ could swim. for the VC version I just used steves Water Editor to remove the top sheet of water over the tubes to let tommy access to below the sea level, Using moomapper to create a new water map so i could kind of get the postion i needed. And since Steves water editor doesnt work for SA its gonna be abit harder to sort out, but im sure we'll get there biggrin.gif

ocram88
  • ocram88

Mapper & Mission Scripter

• Members

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:19 PM

Hello, i'm ocram.
I don't no if there is a join thread, wauzie told me i can write it here.
I'll join the Myraid Team.

here are my references:
My Page

sorry for my english

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:46 PM

The mod works on a lot system for the illcom island, and teh illnorth islands have not yet been split up but you can take some space there if you like. Will you be creating a few lots/buildings or just the one? If your interested in creating a few buildings then you could have what you need on illnorth. The illcom map is on the first page and the illnorth map hasn't been created yet but you can build on either, its upto you.

If you want to build on illcom you will need to name the lots you would like. smile.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:58 PM Edited by Cerbera, 26 January 2006 - 07:01 PM.

Converting models from GTAVC to GTASA is another task which needs to be done somewhen. GT-1 has already converted a lot of the base land and a few authors are preparing to convert their illCOM lots to GTASA. Many team members have left GTA, so their lots will probably need to be converted by someone else (as long as the original authors give their permission for this).

At the moment, the Myriad Islands Railway is the center of attention. Once the railway has finished being planned and has been built, the Myriad Islands land can be prelit and converted for GTASA. After that, the new Northern islands can be split up into lots and people can start requesting to build on them. smile.gif

This process will probably take several months. There seems to be a lot of spaces on illCOM which aren't being worked on any more, so maybe someone could organise an update to the property list?

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

• Members

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:07 PM

so maybe someone could organise an update to the property list?

You can see last version of a map on 1-st page (click to Alex's Picture). It is the reference to my file archive, therefore I can update a map(as SR seldom occurs).

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:53 PM

The people who reorganise the Myriad Islands lots will need excellent communication skills. You don't have that, so I strongly disagree with you being in charge of this.

PlatinumSerb
  • PlatinumSerb

• Members

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:02 AM

Is that your way of saying that the position should be yours? tounge.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:02 PM

Hell no! I've got waay too many things on the go to give a property reorganisation the time it requires. I guess it will be done by a group of members, probably from the MI council.

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:46 PM

The council is a bit outdated:
Barton: retired
DieselGT: still active, mostly in the car section of the mod showroom
JasonB: verry actively working on Myriad
Knife: actively working on Myriad
SadMac: retired oct. 2005, swings by once in a while
Snow Racer: seems to be moderately active on the forums, last post concerning Myriad dates from september 2005

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:39 AM

Ok, i'm going to request lot illcom_c4_r7. I can't see anyone fighting for lots so I guess I can just have it... icon14.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:00 PM Edited by Cerbera, 01 February 2006 - 08:12 PM.

You can't just steal lots like that, it isn't fair on other members of the project. MI has been relatively inactive for a long time, so we should give current lot owners a chance to reclaim their lots if we decide to reallocate them.

Some members have suggested we create a sort of MI Register topic where everyone who currently owns a lot on MI has to make a post within the next couple of months. Anyone who doesn't make a post in there will be assumed to have left the GTA scene. If any of these people have lots which are very incomplete, they could be reallocated to other members.

As the railway route across the Northern Islands is becoming more certain (but is still being refined slightly) we can start determining how illRES and illURB should be split up. The base land has already been converted for GTAVC and is available for anyone to download. The impatient people who have started making new islands to pass the time can start drawing any areas they might like on the new islands.

I cannot organise this or play an active role in this because I've got far too many responsibilities to other projects. In particular the Railway route planning and my website design company. smile.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:03 PM

The lot is avalible though...

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:12 PM

Even if seems like nobody currently owns it, you have to make sure by waiting to see what other members of the project think. Also, as stated at the start of the topic, you have to provide a description (with pictures) of what you want to do with it. This allows other members to decide whether it will fit in with the theme of that area, so we don't end up with lots which look out of place. As you indicated yourself, it is possible that someone else might have already had their heart set on that lot.

Patience is a virtue!

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

• Members

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:57 PM

The people who reorganise the Myriad Islands lots will need excellent communication skills. You don't have that, so I strongly disagree with you being in charge of this.

I think, any special opportunities and skills to give LOTs isn't necessary.
JasonB is better than all approaches for this post. Nice modeller + very active man.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:17 PM Edited by Cerbera, 01 February 2006 - 08:21 PM.

QUOTE (MSN conversation between illspirit and Cerbera)
[20:07:17] Cerbera/Ben: anyway, I won't be able to organise it because I've got way too much other stuff going
[20:07:26] Cerbera/Ben: I think Knife and JasonB could manage it
[20:07:39] Cerbera/Ben: it might bring a few other Council members out from inactivity, too
[20:09:44] illspirit: hmm
[20:10:02] illspirit: I dunno if I want to do the top of black mesa anymore
[20:10:36] Cerbera/Ben: oh right
[20:10:57] Cerbera/Ben: well, do you think Knife and JB could reorganise the lots?
[20:11:35] Cerbera/Ben: obviously we shouldn't kick people out willy-nilly, but the project does need to be given a better direction
[20:11:52] illspirit: yea
[20:12:15] illspirit: if anyone comes back later and is upset their lot is gone, could give 'em something on the north islands
[20:12:32] Cerbera/Ben: yeah, that's fair
[20:13:01] Cerbera/Ben: most buildings are easily ported to different land
So, I guess now it's just a case of the new topic being made now. The opening post should be nice and simple, like the original lots list. The topic would not be locked though, it would be open so that people can request lots in the topic where the lots are listed. A lot more logical than having the requests seperated from the list, imho. It should be allowed to include conversations between members because this is a Community Map Project, after all.

By having two people in charge of it, we will avoid problems of the whole thing depending on the activity of one person. It should also give the reorganisation a more balanced style.

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

• Members

Posted 19 February 2006 - 05:09 PM

I've changed the LOTs map.
Changes:
- removed caponester's, JFIFI's, ViperGTS-R's lots.
- illcom_c4_r7 now Knife's lot
- illcom_c1_r12 isn't bridge
- map fixation (roads and lots)
- superb@ll's lots next remove
MAP

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:13 PM Edited by Gforce, 19 February 2006 - 08:44 PM.

you removed 2 lot's by Blatent (Theatre and Logistic's Factory) and 1 lot by ***TGR*** (Seaworld) all 3 of these lots are in existance and have been put ingame, they just haven't been released to the public due to the move to SA. actually a beta of "Seaworld" was released for VC.

Edit: i also have ingame versions of the lots i have highlighted in the screenshot, they just need to be converted to SA format.

user posted image

on a side note i have got just about every lot/file ever released for the Myriad CMP, if any of the Myriad/GTI member's want any of the file's to convert them to SA just PM me and i'll send them.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:53 PM

Just a quick note for when this starts up again, i'm giving back my lot..c9_r6 i think it is. - GTAuron

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:16 AM

Okay gforce, if I just finish of some stuff on my lot, will you put it ingame? Just send a z3d and textures?

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:32 AM

Also, I own the lot above the blue bridge one on the east coast and some time I gave up the lot between Opius and Knifes lots in the centre of illcom.

I don't think anyone should worry about lots until the north islands are ready. Once they are carved up and released we can get lot division going and also decide which lots on illcom should stay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users