Unofficial Mods

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,120 replies to this topic
Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 18 December 2006 - 11:02 PM

Ah. I thought he meant some sort of HUD thing for the radar or something. Well, if you want it in the normal SCM, then I'd suggest the following.

Rather than using steve-m's tool, you'd probably be better off using Dem's Coordinator mod for VC (at the top of that page for v2, or a bit down for v1). It's coded for MB 0.22 though (whereas LC uses MB 1.5), so you'll have to convert the code. Apparently there are code converters included with the MBs, so that shouldn't be too much trouble. Then it's just a matter of sewing it into your code wink.gif .

Or, alternatively, you could just try and find the bit of code in the debug SCM that makes the coords display and enable it in the normal SCM smile.gif .

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:35 PM

Just to let you know, a new version of my poor excuse for a SCM mod called "VC weapons in LC" is up to match the Dec 8 release of the official mission script in 2.7up. Download url remains the same: http://lc.megavovan....s/VCweapons.rar

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:40 AM

If you don't wish to fugde with the SCM stuff, Delfi (JernejL) made a super-neato VC Console that not only displays the GPS in game, but does a bunch of other nifty stuff as well. The only thing you'd have to do is uncheck "Change Taskbar Text and Icon" in the Advanced section of the GTA:LC loader.

You can find it here: Developer Console

space_einstein
  • space_einstein

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:36 AM

Empty Liberty City
Liberty City is stripped to the bare minimum. Almost all generic objects have been deleted (streetlights, trafficlights, fire hydrants, trees, etc.). The game is also less laggy.

MegaVovaN
  • MegaVovaN

GTA:LC hoster

• Members

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:19 AM Edited by Ben, 30 December 2006 - 01:13 AM.

QUOTE (space_einstein @ Dec 27 2006, 21:36)
Empty Liberty City
Liberty City is stripped to the bare minimum. Almost all generic objects have been deleted (streetlights, trafficlights, fire hydrants, trees, etc.). The game is also less laggy.

http://lc.megavovan....ein_LCEmpty.zip

EDIT by Ben - Added to first post icon14.gif . Thanks.

Darlyn
  • Darlyn

Keyboard & mouse

• Members

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:56 PM Edited by Ben, 07 January 2007 - 12:28 AM.

I absolutely hate the way the Dodo handles and have tried to make it more like the skimmer but it still has the same terrible characteristics. Thing I've done include:
> Changing its model/col
> Making its handling like the Skimmer

None of these change the crappy flight time in the Dodo .... so I'll ask if anyone can tell me how to revert to Skimmer-like handling, if its possible.

Moved.

EDIT by Ben - This is something that would be unofficial (hence why I've moved it here). The Dodo is meant to have crappy handling - it handles a LOT better than it does in GTA3 though, but I think the general consensus is to keep it that way.

To improve the handling wouldn't be something official.

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

SA:LC Mod Leader

• Members

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:52 AM Edited by dingleman, 09 January 2007 - 09:13 PM.

QUOTE (lord fido @ Oct 12 2006, 20:21)
The LCS mod beta 1 is out. Get it here:

Made by Nach_scratch, NathanHenry, simplyunkillable ,TripleAs and Futurama Freak. I have nothing to do with this! no credit for me!

LCS mod beta1

Howcome I didn't get credit, lol. I worked alot with NathanHenry in this and together we changed the road textures, and I took the picture and edited the water texture (I sent it to TripleAs but I don't know if he used my one in the official one)
So anyway, on the first post in your spare time I'd appreciate if someone put my name in the credits, thankyou! smile.gif
Oh and if you would like proof ask TripleAs or NathanHenry themself and they will let you know.

Anyway i'm starting to talk too much, lol.

- Dingleman

EDIT by Ben - Done mate icon14.gif .

EDIT by Dingleman - Thanks wink.gif .

Kein
  • Kein

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:11 PM

HEIL! I want install some news car models but it doesn't work!

I had change all VC models but when I want change any model in GTA LC the game shut down at loading screen ...please I need Help...

SRY for my bad english

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Kein @ Jan 23 2007, 04:11)

I had change all VC models but when I want change any model in GTA LC the game shut down at loading screen ...please I need Help...

SRY for my bad english

Approved and merged.

I'm in the process of writing a guide where I'll outline how to install both VC and GTA3 mods in LC (among other things), but I'll try and help you out briefly here now.

Your problem is most likely because you haven't renamed some of the files and/or data entries to make the mods work with LC. Most vehicle mods make several changes to various game files - you have the vehicle model (DFF), textures (TXD), collision data (COL), colour data (carcols line), handling data (in handling.cfg), and reference data for the above (in default.ide). If you just install the mod as you would for VC, it won't work in LC because LC has renamed all vehicle DFFs, TXDs and COLs back to their GTA3 names (as opposed to their VC names), and this will also affect the carcols line, and default.ide entry. Furthermore, LC also has GTA3 names for handling lines, so this will have to be adjusted also.

Basically, the installation process should be the same, except you just need to pick a different car in LC to replace, and change all of the file names/data entry names accordingly. So, for example, if you were replacing the Phoenix in VC, you could look in the LC default.ide and see that the car now using slot 207 is the Yakuza Stinger. So, in the car mod you're trying to install, you just need to change all references of Phoenix to Yakuza (depending on what exactly what it is you're changing) and it should work (basically - it might be a little more complicated than that, but that's the general process).

Good luck smile.gif .

Kein
  • Kein

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (Ben @ Jan 22 2007, 21:43)
QUOTE (Kein @ Jan 23 2007, 04:11)

SRY for my bad english

Approved and merged.

I'm in the process of writing a guide where I'll outline how to install both VC and GTA3 mods in LC (among other things), but I'll try and help you out briefly here now.

Your problem is most likely because you haven't renamed some of the files and/or data entries to make the mods work with LC. Most vehicle mods make several changes to various game files - you have the vehicle model (DFF), textures (TXD), collision data (COL), colour data (carcols line), handling data (in handling.cfg), and reference data for the above (in default.ide). If you just install the mod as you would for VC, it won't work in LC because LC has renamed all vehicle DFFs, TXDs and COLs back to their GTA3 names (as opposed to their VC names), and this will also affect the carcols line, and default.ide entry. Furthermore, LC also has GTA3 names for handling lines, so this will have to be adjusted also.

Basically, the installation process should be the same, except you just need to pick a different car in LC to replace, and change all of the file names/data entry names accordingly. So, for example, if you were replacing the Phoenix in VC, you could look in the LC default.ide and see that the car now using slot 207 is the Yakuza Stinger. So, in the car mod you're trying to install, you just need to change all references of Phoenix to Yakuza (depending on what exactly what it is you're changing) and it should work (basically - it might be a little more complicated than that, but that's the general process).

Good luck smile.gif .

Big thnx for your answer but I discover GTA Libery City mod and I installed it and...look inlove.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Darlyn
  • Darlyn

Keyboard & mouse

• Members

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:44 PM Edited by Ben, 28 February 2007 - 11:18 PM.

Hey can someone tell me where I can get this LCPD police car mod? (pictured in a post right before mine)

user posted image

EDIT by Ben - I'll lock this up due to size. The new topic can be found here.

Locked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users