• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,120 replies to this topic
Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 05:50 AM

But everyone else is not you.

We're trying to make it so whoever can play GTA3 and Vice City to be able to enjoy Liberty City with all the benefits of the updated (VC) engine.

Using the XBOX texture set may make the game unplayable on older systems.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2004 - 06:55 AM

Being that both were actually in GTA3, I personally do not have a problem with using XBox versions ASSUMING they're not 32-bit or anything else that could actually cause the game to malfunction. The XBox's engine is much larger than PC's, so there's no telling what adverse effects they're going to have.

In the meantime, this is really going to be the decision of whoever's doing the textures MAYBE with input from somebody who has XBox textures to offer. HOWEVER, extensive work has already been done with a lot of the models and textures, so don't expect a full conversion yet again. If the team decides to go with PC textures for the sake of ease, then an unofficial XBox texture pack would be a fine mod to release.

Keep in mind too that the XBox has specialized vidcard with streamlined hardware. Those textures could potentially choke the PC version if not implimented correctly.

Blunted1
  • Blunted1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 12:00 PM

I think it is safe to say that X-Box textures will be optional.
Zacmaniac1565 , I completily agree with you, I think it is silly when people suggest useing something from X-box GTA3 and then others say no, lets keep it true to GTA3 and not modify anything..... X-box gta3 IS gta3.

That said, I completily agree with Dem and Outback when they say we should keep this true to the PC version of gta3. After all this is a mod for the PC version of VC and as Dem said, who knows what effects that could cause on the game engine, and half the work is already done useing PC textures.

If someone wants to port all of the X-box textures and make an unofficial mod, I am sure many will download it and, if it causes no problem, I am sure many will use it.

Then again if Demarest makes Timetwister for GTA:LC, I am sure many will download and use it, but I am eqaully sure that Dem will not put it in the final version, it will be an optional, unofficial mod.

Enough talk about the X-Box textures, if someone wants to port them, then do it. Sounds like a great unofficial mod if it all works out properly.
If they blow Dem's socks off and if they don't cause any problems with the game engine and if people with slower machines can handle them (which is a lot of "ifs") then maybe it might possibly be in the official version, but I wouuldn't hold my breathe on that one.

JamesSHF
  • JamesSHF

:wub: GTA:LC

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Feb 9 2004, 01:04)
You should be using Pricedown to give it a GTA3 feel if you want it to be official.

The questions and prompts in the GTAIII menu used that font (that font is taken straight out of the GTAIII fonts.txd).
This screenshot is from GTAIII.
user posted image
The menu items use the Pricedown font, and that's how I still have it.

Blunted1
  • Blunted1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 04:55 PM

Have you managed to change the color of the words as well as the font? (that pink is getting annoying tounge.gif )

Is there a download available already or willl you be releaseing one soon?

Looks good to me biggrin.gif Nice work smile.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2004 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Blunted1 @ Feb 9 2004, 11:55)
Have you managed to change the color of the words as well as the font? (that pink is getting annoying tounge.gif )

Is there a download available already or willl you be releaseing one soon?

Looks good to me biggrin.gif Nice work smile.gif

He's working on the font as his pictures show. Coloring there is hard-coded.

@James: Point taken. I know GTA3 better than that blush.gif I sure am falling apart properly...

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 09 February 2004 - 05:02 PM Edited by MarkPagliaro, 09 February 2004 - 07:52 PM.

most color items are undefined in the exe however some are defined as html properties I belive the stat screen is made up from html codes but am not certain simple searh for color in the exe will bring up some. Infact the vc pink is there and the bluish grey color too. I found these while looking for the HUD colors but I haven't changed them.

I am currently looking through/comparing the GTAIII to GTAVC exe files as my hex editor allows you to compare and load 1 or more files. A warning popped up saying GTA VC's is bigger but that is quite obvious.

Ok I get unhandeled exception when I edit the html color codes! Of course I edit all I may just try editing 1 and see if the color changes.

thesubseven
  • thesubseven

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:47 PM

Whoever it was asking about Odie's Stunt Park in the original thread, did you get anywhere? I got bored tonight and started playing around, I can get the game to load but as soon as it fades in it crashes. I got the big rampy thing on odie's site to work fine.

PineCreek-Skidz
  • PineCreek-Skidz

Retired GTA Modder

• Members

Posted 12 February 2004 - 09:52 PM

I tryed to get the stuntpark working but the land odie made doesnt work in vice or something becouse it doesnt show up in the editor and it crashes vice.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2004 - 01:35 AM

Who want to download the first Liberty Stunt Movie? Sign up for FilePlanet, either free or pay, then wait for a certain amount of time until download starts.

mer cinder
  • mer cinder

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 February 2004 - 03:43 AM

I have an ever so small map mod request. Could someone please take out a portion of the fencing near the dam. It's a bitch and a half to get on the slope of the dam, but it's fun as hell on a bike. Just enough to get the bike through.

ghost of delete key
  • ghost of delete key

ಠ_ಠ ... otter ...

• The Connection

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:54 AM Edited by ghost of delete key, 13 February 2004 - 11:55 AM.

QUOTE (MarkPagliaro @ Feb 9 2004, 12:02)
most color items are undefined in the exe however some are defined as html properties I belive the stat screen is made up from html codes but am not certain simple searh for color in the exe will bring up some. Infact the vc pink is there and the bluish grey color too. I found these while looking for the HUD colors but I haven't changed them.

As far as I know, the HTML coding you see in the .exe is there to generate the HTML version of your stats (your game statistics are saved in VC User Files as both stats.txt and stats.html)

The heading of the stats page is printed in gray, the date and last mission passed are in green, the links to R* are blue, and the whole damn rest of the ugly page is two shades of Mary Kay pink.

AFAIK, all the on-screen text are treated as sprites, 2D effects that have textures but no models... and are hard-coded.

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

GTA:LC Moderator

• Members

Posted 15 February 2004 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Feb 13 2004, 01:35)
Who want to download the first Liberty Stunt Movie? Sign up for FilePlanet, either free or pay, then wait for a certain amount of time until download starts.

I can't believe nobody's commented on this yet. I caught the download last time round and really enjoyed it. Good job spaceeinstein, by the looks of it you must have worked hard on putting it together... and props for choosing my favourite song from GTA3 as the backing track. You know, I never realised that was Debbie Harry until I started working on LC. blush.gif

QUOTE (mer cinder @ Feb 13 2004, 03:43)
I have an ever so small map mod request. Could someone please take out a portion of the fencing near the dam. It's a bitch and a half to get on the slope of the dam, but it's fun as hell on a bike. Just enough to get the bike through.

Sorry for getting back to you so late on this mer cinder but you can use Moo Mapper to delete that bit of fencing, gangsta_killa's posted a handy tutorial over in the map editing forum. smile.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2004 - 03:54 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 22 February 2004 - 03:45 PM.

I found a Oil Tank Mod in gta-action.

I found another one called Save Pack.

wildmotzi
  • wildmotzi

m00 :o

• Members

Posted 21 February 2004 - 06:57 PM

yeah, thatīs right. A member from our forum made this mod.
the idea was taken from the tank mod for normal vc.
anyway, gta-action is still offline... confused.gif

jcab42
  • jcab42

Custom Planet Builder

• Members

Posted 23 February 2004 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (PineCreek-Skidz @ Feb 12 2004, 15:52)
I tryed to get the stuntpark working but the land odie made doesnt work in vice or something becouse it doesnt show up in the editor and it crashes vice.

I just tried the same thing with almost 100% success. The only thing I did that was different from the original readme was to put the stunt-park folder in the "gta3maps" and use "gta3maps" in the "gta_vc.dat" instead of "maps" in the "gta3.dat" (duh).

user posted image

As you can see, the windows are niether textured nor two-sided. I successfully downloaded the GTA3-LC Glass Fix.rar but the file turned out to be emty.

I have no idea why the lights aren't working in the park. The ones on the signs sure are:

user posted image

In the following shot notice ODIE's object.dat is doing its job but when I climbed to the roof next to the smoking chimney, the game crashed. That was the only crash I experienced and the gameplay is great which is amazing since my computer is not so good.

user posted image

For the full size pics, click here:
http://gtawip.com/ma...bumName=album34

To download ODIE's stunt park, click here:
http://www.stunt-park.de.vu/

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 February 2004 - 01:08 PM

May I say it is truly an honor to have our forum graced by the presence of jcab42! How ya been, bud? Thanks for your help here. Those pics look like fun. What does ODIE think? biggrin.gif I expect that we'll see LC versions of your own work at some point? We should be so lucky smile.gif

jcab42
  • jcab42

Custom Planet Builder

• Members

Posted 24 February 2004 - 09:31 AM

Same back at you bro! I must say, you guys have really breathed new life into me. Afterall, LC is the reason why I got into this stuff. I got into VC a bit but my goal remains the same to this date: take advantage of all that great real estate that R* left behind in the original game, namely the ghost town. We like to call in Cabanioven County. So I give you guys major props for keeping LC alive and giving us a chance to blend the best aspects of both games with lots of room left over for unofficial mods. Congrats, my hat's off to you.

To follow up with the Stunt Park report: turns out that the glass fix is not empty, rather my version of winace was malfunctioning but now that I got it decompressed, it's making my game crash. I'll have to read up on that. A couple of other things to remember for people trying to install gta3 mods is to be carefull with changing things like the object.dat and don't try to use the old main.scm's or saved games (triple duh). Also, now my game crashes when using the replay with the helicopter (bummer).

I just got Bender, Stunt Park, Anthony's Castle, and Byards into the same game together. They almost work perfectly together but Byards and Bender still need some work to solve some overlap... Once again, the installations went smooth as silk.

user posted image

user posted image

Anthoy's Castle by TGR, Byards by chickenplucker, Bender (yours truely) are all available from www.gtawip.com.

Mods for GTA-LC (gallery)

Latest Cabanioven County Pics

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 February 2004 - 04:19 PM

As I was reading your post, I was thinking about asking about Anthony Castle. Then I saw you mention it smile.gif I realize that sadly I'm not over at the wip anymore, but I always loved the family feel there as well as their loyalty to GTA3 over VC. Look forward to your presence here.

You mentioned the problems with putting GTA3 mods into LC, isn't there also an extra value in the IDE files or something like that? Something to do with interiors? I forget.

jcab42
  • jcab42

Custom Planet Builder

• Members

Posted 24 February 2004 - 05:25 PM

Actually, VC ide's are exactly the same as GTA3. The last value deturmines whether a model is normal, transparent, or underwater.

"Once again, the installations went smooth as silk."

I want to be crystal clear here: installing gta3 mods into GTA-LC is a easy. None of the problems I was talking about were installation problems. Allow me to recap.

1. game crashes on replay while using the helicopter
2. game crashes while standing next to animations like the smoking chimney
3. game crashes after installing the GTA-LC glass fix
4. Not all lights work

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

• Members

Posted 06 March 2004 - 02:42 PM

If you look on the first page of the thread the unofficial mods released so far have now been catalogued. As with the Official Mods thread if there's something been missed let us know and and we'll put it right. smile.gif

Outback
  • Outback

• Members

Posted 07 March 2004 - 10:43 PM

Here's another one for you to add to the list.

LCPD Chase Chopper

killer.ip
  • killer.ip

• Members

Posted 07 March 2004 - 10:53 PM

Thanks for that Outback, had the link you gave me earlier just wasn't sure which category it was going to slip into. wink.gif

Outback
  • Outback

• Members

Posted 07 March 2004 - 10:56 PM

Whereever the Polmav goes, I guess.

X-fix
  • X-fix

Lifes in a box

• Members

Posted 08 March 2004 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (jcab42 @ Feb 24 2004, 09:31)
Latest Cabanioven County Pics

Looks cool tounge.gif

Outback
  • Outback

• Members

Posted 12 March 2004 - 12:41 PM Edited by [4D]Outback, 12 March 2004 - 01:48 PM.

Here's a modified version of Joey's Garage I made. I fixed most of the incomplete objects, and removed the stationary BF Injection, one hanging light (cuz it was passing through the loft), and those annoying light rays. The sentinal carcass will most likely be added back in in a future release (see below).

I was working on an "Official" version as well, but I got royally frustrated with the engine block. Maybe when I have some more patience on tap, I'll give it another go.

Here's a quick pic, and Here's the download link.

EDIT. Just so we're clear, this work was done on top of killer.ip's 2D and coll fixes.

EDIT 2. DISCLAIMER: Parked BF Injection not included. I just put it there for the shot. tounge.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 March 2004 - 12:45 PM

Good work. Once LC is complete, this will probably be one of the first "official expansions" we link up smile.gif May I assume the hole in the floor in back was left in? I hope so!

BTW, were you aware that somebody else had solidified Joey's garage before? I don't know where I got the mod from, but I'm pretty sure I have a copy of it on my HD. I only mention it because maybe it has already fixed the thing you were having issues with. I don't know.

Outback
  • Outback

• Members

Posted 12 March 2004 - 12:58 PM

Yes, that's the COLL I used. I just removed the boxes around the cars and engine block in CollEditor and saved. So I would assume that hole is still there. What's so important about it, anyway? smile.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 March 2004 - 01:23 PM

It's acts as the only escape in the Salvatore's Called A Meeting bug where you get the everything proof Stretch.

Make sure you check that mod out closely in moomapper. It's original had a bunch of totally unnecessary crap with it. Also, if you used somebody else's mod, you shouldn't post that you made it. And you should at least attempt to get their blessing. If they find out it's being moved into VC, they'll probably agree just to get a kick out of it smile.gif

Outback
  • Outback

• Members

Posted 12 March 2004 - 01:31 PM Edited by [4D]Outback, 12 March 2004 - 01:37 PM.

The coll I used was whatever one killer.ip put in his COLL Update. I thought that was the one you were talking about. :-\

This is more of a cosmetic update to fix the incomplete objects in the garage, such as the one-sided hose (directly to the left of Tommy in the pic) and the stacks of tires. Like I said, the only modification I made to the coll was removing those few boxes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users