• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 January 2005 - 02:00 PM

Post Edited: Information no longer necessary

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 05 January 2005 - 02:51 PM

I was about to reply to that PM you sent a few days ago... but things just kind of piled up on me.

Anyway. I'm not sure about this offer. Demarest was always very strict about this (GTAForums) being our home. But it may be nice for the team to have one place that they could upload little files. So I'll leave this decision up to the team in general. If enough people feel the need for it, then we'll defintely go along with it.

So what does everybody else think about this?

Oh, and thanks a bunch for the offer GT. I really do appreciate it. colgate.gif

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 05 January 2005 - 03:04 PM

Well Myriad have a site, but they still believe they are a GTAF mod (which they are)

I personally think its a good idea, most of the discoussion and stuff would still happen here, it would just serve as a 'after much deliberation, THIS is what we have decided/ come up with/ whatever'

With the announcemets topics here, things may get announced but get buried, so people go 'wheres x?', because it fell pages back and not many people search fully (and the search only returns topics, not specific posts).

It would also be able to link here, so you could put 'after much deliberation, THIS is what we have decided/ come up with/ whatever, see that HERE' etc.

Some people may think it will take away from this, but as an announcements and general news source, it serves it purpose better, wheras GTAF serves discussion, support, minor announcements better.

In conclusion: I say yes.

jcab42
  • jcab42

Custom Planet Builder

• Members

Posted 05 January 2005 - 05:02 PM

The theme looks great GT-!! I'm all for it. And I don't think yall have anything to worry about when it comes to gtaforums remaining the home of LC. Everyone knows this is and always wil be the mothership biggrin.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 January 2005 - 05:46 PM

Post Edited

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:11 PM

I say go for it just a few questions. Will GTALC team members be given accounts to upload files, will it be a free upload system(by free I mean anyone can upload not the cost to upload), or will we have to send the files to staff?

K-Pac
  • K-Pac

Back to Libert coder+modeler

• Members

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:57 PM

You got my vote biggrin.gif I think its a great idea. have some cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:05 PM

I'm in doubt, I personally feel that GTA:LC has a great home here at the forums.
With a website added, it's like having two homes. It will be hard to keep them both sync-ed with respect to the information.

I'm in favour if it would just be a info-page with general info, and a download section. To have one common download place, where all contributors can upoad their stuff. But it should not contain any work-in-progress, latest news or discussion stuff.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:09 PM

Post Edited

Mercie
  • Mercie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:23 PM

I, uhhh, Tested your registering and it worked wink.gif

I like it, it would be nice to have somewhere else for me to do some minor tweaks without everyone giving opinions.

I actually have some to show, but that will come in a bit.

I like the site though smile.gif

TheJkWhoSaysNi
  • TheJkWhoSaysNi

Goes into lifts and presses all the floors

• Members

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Jan 5 2005, 22:09)
The only discussion which you may want to have would be your own small private forum which is away from the general public just between the LC team. All discussion bar the private forum (if you wanted one) would take place here where it should be. The site is just an easier place to keep people updated with where the mod is at. I can see your point Patrick but im not trying to take this away from GTAForums.com.

but the whole concept of GTA LC has always been a completly open project where anyone can contribute.

Although I like the idea of news with what's going on and all interesting info to let people see how LC is developing.

What would be very useful is a place to download the latest versions of specific files (e.g. there are always a load of main.scm's floating around) if we could have these with descriptions of what they contain it would be useful.

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:05 AM

I think having the website would be a great organizational tool, especially now. I personally don't have hosting troubles, but many others do, so having a central place to put files would be great.

The forums here will always be the livelyhood of the mod, where all the work gets done.

PS. As for the "Too many cooks in the soup" comment(s), I've been genuinely surprised by the lack of major conflict we've had around here.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:48 AM

It looks like almost everyone here is (at least somewhat) in favor of this. So I say it's a go. My only request is that someone else (besides me) would handle the majority of the website updates. I have a hard enough time updating the team page (like the four guys I had to be reminded about recently). So if someone else is willing and able to handle most of the updates, then I'm all for it as well.

Outback
  • Outback

• Members

Posted 06 January 2005 - 05:12 AM

That's the nice thing about dynamic websites. The files could be automatically added to the list when they're uploaded.

Bebop
  • Bebop

GTA LC Peds Converter

• Members

Posted 06 January 2005 - 05:27 AM

Is a really good idea, people from the team would be free to upload their files easilly and noobs would find updates more quickly. This forum would stay here.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 06 January 2005 - 10:23 AM

Haha! User 2!

tux.coder
  • tux.coder

Mission Coder@GTA:SOL

• Members

Posted 06 January 2005 - 10:58 AM

Its a very good idea ! Modders can upload their files (not too big) and share them but are you going to build a site (or portal) like this ???

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 January 2005 - 01:02 PM

Post Edited

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 06 January 2005 - 09:21 PM

If you can get things sorted out on your end then I think it's a good idea to do. If this does happen and somebody wants access to the site, just let me know and we'll get your permissions sorted out.

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands

Posted 06 January 2005 - 10:53 PM

Having read the explanation of GT-1, I'm also in favour.
Especially the central download centre, where regular contributors can store their files would be very usefull.

Bebop
  • Bebop

GTA LC Peds Converter

• Members

Posted 07 January 2005 - 01:28 AM

Wouldnt be possible that only mod team people have the upload feature?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 07 January 2005 - 01:36 AM

That's the idea.

Marsmillo
  • Marsmillo

All in

• Members

Posted 08 January 2005 - 05:29 PM

Is it possible to add a Unofficial Mod section on the site?
Like the BetaEnforcments mod and stuff like that...

So you can get downloads (official and som more unofficial, but made for GTA:LC)
For discution's and questions jou most come here...

Like the idee and its better for the publication!
Sorry for my bad english, I am working on it...

Marsmillo

The_Grudge
  • The_Grudge

The_Grudge

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2005 - 02:56 PM

biggrin.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 January 2005 - 06:44 PM

Post Edited

Outback
  • Outback

• Members

Posted 22 January 2005 - 01:43 PM

Don't think this idea is dead just yet. A freind of mine is friends with Sean from Edgenetwork. Gonna see if I can pull the appropriate strings.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 22 January 2005 - 03:10 PM

Also, Y_Less has made a similar offer to the one that GT-1 made earlier. So we still have some options for a website. Hell I could host it too if I wanted to. So if some other team members really want a website, we can still do it.

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 22 January 2005 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Jan 22 2005, 15:10)
Also, Y_Less has made a similar offer to the one that GT-1 made earlier. So we still have some options for a website. Hell I could host it too if I wanted to. So if some other team members really want a website, we can still do it.

I've got a few gbs of bandwidth spare kicking around on gtaconnection.net if anyone needs a host, that's not a problem.

Outback
  • Outback

• Members

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:36 PM

Well I guess the next question is if the guys from mods4us would be kind enough to let us use the code/template that GT-1 already made up, if he still has a backup.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 23 January 2005 - 10:43 AM

Post Edited

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users