Photo

Picture Post & Commentry

4,991 replies to this topic
nabo45
  • nabo45

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Wednesday, Jan 2 2013, 18:48)
[color=#fac280]Model:
- Blaster (reference)

Textures:
- Triple Penetration
- Blaster
- CGTextures

Will be placed in new project "Heartland".

*picture*

Damn! That looks very nice Blaster, I really like it! And the "Heartland" project seems to be coming along very nicely, and fast too! I hope I get to play the mod someday! smile.gif

nabo45
  • nabo45

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:46 PM Edited by nabo45, 07 January 2013 - 01:07 AM.

F*ck, this topic is dead so I'm gonna double post. Sorry. :b

Anywho, I made these buildings for the Heartland mod. I think they look nice, I don't know about you guys? (:

user posted image user posted image

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by GTARandom, 10 January 2013 - 03:03 PM.

More shots from the same supposed project as that building was suppost to be a part of...

user posted image

user posted image

Here are some in-game:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And last, here are the last buildings i had been working on:

user posted image

user posted image

If y'all want more, let me know cus there are more pics

Yeah, i'm sorry about the size too tounge.gif

EvilRaptor
  • EvilRaptor

The Ranger

• Members

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Dude, sweet, I don't think I've seen lighting done so well for mods on GTAIV yet, or it's just a great shot biggrin.gif
Are you making a full TC or is it just a small pet-project?
Love the detail on the last building too, the only thing I can note that could be improved really is the texture quality in some areas, such as "Customer Entrance" on this pic: http://i.snag.gy/71vqC.jpg
cookie.gif

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (EvilRaptor @ Thursday, Jan 10 2013, 21:47)
Dude, sweet, I don't think I've seen lighting done so well for mods on GTAIV yet, or it's just a great shot biggrin.gif
Are you making a full TC or is it just a small pet-project?
Love the detail on the last building too, the only thing I can note that could be improved really is the texture quality in some areas, such as "Customer Entrance" on this pic: http://i.snag.gy/71vqC.jpg
cookie.gif

Thank you for the comment smile.gif

There were no lighting tweaks to it , i guess it is only a great shot then tounge.gif

Right now it is of a small pet-project size but it is actually planned to be a TC located in Maryland (concepted by Phil Barber ~ universetwisters) See more here...

Thanks for your input on the texture on the parking lot too, i'll look into it when/if we continue the map dev for the TC wink.gif

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:39 PM Edited by GTARandom, 22 January 2013 - 09:58 PM.

Jus' some renders again...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

• SaL_Leone likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:55 AM

A very basic tutorial building. Yep, I'm coming back into modding, and I'll actually be doing work. None of this "Our Ugly World 2" crap smile.gif

user posted image

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

This is a laughably basic 3D model of a model train I'm doing for "After The Gold Rush", a GTA 4 mod I'm working on. It may look basic, but due to it's in-game size and whatnot, all the wheels, pipes, etc. will come from a picture of a real boxcar (like how in GTA 3, the storefronts were pictures of real stores)

user posted image

folypers
  • folypers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Ghent Theft Auto, work in progress

user posted image

Zom-B
  • Zom-B

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

The first time I've ever tried making a 3D building.. tounge2.gif

user posted image

Hopefully I'll be able to get it into GTAIII when it's done if I follow some tutorials!

EvilRaptor
  • EvilRaptor

The Ranger

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

Not bad for a first model Zom-B, I think you should advertise some horsemeat though on the windows tounge.gif
You'll be following a lot of tutorials to get it into GTAIII though, Sketchup's a bit finicky, but it's where I started, good luck biggrin.gif

Zom-B
  • Zom-B

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (EvilRaptor @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 13:32)
Not bad for a first model Zom-B, I think you should advertise some horsemeat though on the windows tounge.gif
You'll be following a lot of tutorials to get it into GTAIII though, Sketchup's a bit finicky, but it's where I started, good luck biggrin.gif

Haha, yeah! I was thinking of changing the sign to a fictional store in the GTA universe and have it advertising horse burgers in the windows! biggrin.gif

Thanks, though. I haven't got around to putting into a game yet, but it seems there are more tutorials for Sketchup > VC or SA. Unfortunately it looks like I need to have 3DSMax as an in-between though.

hristobg
  • hristobg

IV Map Modder, Scholarship Edition Project Leader

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

I decided to open 3DS Max again and bring it back from the dead. Last week I started modeling my town... rofl, my skills still have to be improved. tounge.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

Here's a grain silo I made with the help of Frank.s

user posted image

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

Dude, don't put my name to that crap. Wait 'till you've learned how to model better stuff before showing it off, especially with my name on it. I hope you understand that it just looks like a stretched sphere to anyone with 3d modeling knowledge.
/insecurity ph34r.gif
  • JN92 likes this

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

Will release soon! My own futuristic trackmania'ish race track biggrin.gif
It will be nice with neon lights and all that for multiplayer icon14.gif
user posted image

Will place it in north of Bronx, so it would need to load that Alderney city..
user posted image
  • nabo45 and IIZACHARIAHII like this

nabo45
  • nabo45

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

Wow, this topic is so totally dead. What a f*ckin' shame. :(

@stilldre: That looks awesome, and I can't wait to download it, if you ever release it. Good work, man!!

This is something I've been working on for a little while, and I think it looks okay. I don't know what you guys think. It's supposed to be for a fictional town or a city in America, and I'm gonna put it in GTA IV. Well, if I ever figure out how to do that, that is. I hope you guys like it!

bhvn.th.jpgueco.th.jpg6kl2.th.jpg8c7a.th.jpgs6gj.th.jpg1sj2.th.jpgr4hw.th.jpgug7d.th.jpg

P.S. if any of you dudes want to help me make this mod, send me a PM. :)

• universetwisters likes this

Rawra
  • Rawra

Daedric Prince of Madness

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

@Frank.s -- lol

@Stilldre -- looks really good and fun to race around (with others, of course)

Hey nabo! Been a while again. Yeah it's sad seeing how inactive the PPC is now - I remember when it was people like you, myself, JostVice,Paroxum etc all posting our progress on any models :(

The 4th pic with the pink building and the 1st pic look quite nice. Also, nice work on textures. Something I could never get right :D

JN92
  • JN92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Pretty dead in here considering the content.  I've been looking into doing some modding recently to pass the time but I'm struggling with finding textures.  I've hunted google and managed to get a few hundred examples but GTA uses thousand's of textures.

Is there anyway to get texture packs from GTA or what not?

Thanks in advance :)

Rawra
  • Rawra

Daedric Prince of Madness

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

@JN92: I don't remember much about getting gta textures (something to do with .img extractor programs), but you can check out www.cgtextures.com if you haven't already.

• JN92 likes this

JN92
  • JN92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

@JN92: I don't remember much about getting gta textures (something to do with .img extractor programs), but you can check out www.cgtextures.com if you haven't already.

Cheers I'll have a look!!

IIZACHARIAHII
  • IIZACHARIAHII

The Unprofessional Professional :P

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

Will release soon! My own futuristic trackmania'ish race track biggrin.gif
It will be nice with neon lights and all that for multiplayer icon14.gif
fenk.jpg

Will place it in north of Bronx, so it would need to load that Alderney city..
y4bj.jpg

Wow, i have to say this looks amazing.

When it comes to map making you are in a league of your own. :D

When's the release date?

IIZACHARIAHII
  • IIZACHARIAHII

The Unprofessional Professional :P

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:38 PM Edited by IIZACHARIAHII, 01 November 2013 - 04:39 PM.

NEW MAP is HERE!fwut.png

Check it out --->:http://gtaforums.com/topic/641904-arctic-iv/#entry1063941802

JN92
  • JN92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

Decided to give this a go, by no means an expert.

I'll need to get 3DSMAX but I've no clue how to go about doing that so managed to get this Sketchup one a lot of people seem to be using!

First_block.jpg

Textures aint great but I've acquired a stack of new ones from a forum member so I'll be testing them out soon.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

Sorry to figuratively piss on your fireworks mate but your best bet is to delete sketchup before you get accustomed to using it.

SKU models cause loads of bugs that cannot be fixed (invisible collision walls, duplicate faces, bad triangulation, bad optimisation etc.) I'm not sure if the newer versions have improved on this but i doubt it. SKU isn't designed for game work.

What GTA game(s) are you gonna make your map for? Get 3dsmax 2012 if you're working on GTA4 or 9/above if it's SA.

Kalvin'
  • Kalvin'

----------

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Sorry to figuratively piss on your fireworks mate but your best bet is to delete sketchup before you get accustomed to using it.

SKU models cause loads of bugs that cannot be fixed (invisible collision walls, duplicate faces, bad triangulation, bad optimisation etc.) I'm not sure if the newer versions have improved on this but i doubt it. SKU isn't designed for game work.

What GTA game(s) are you gonna make your map for? Get 3dsmax 2012 if you're working on GTA4 or 9/above if it's SA.

I'm not sure about the "bad optimisation" and such, but the invisible collision walls can easily be fixed.

JN92
  • JN92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

That's fair advice like but I've looked into 3DSMAX and it costs and absolute fortune.  Considering I'm a novice and it's only for fun I can't really consider spending loads on something that's just to help bust my boredom.

Might seem counterproductive but it's just an honest answer.

Thanks though!

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:03 PM Edited by GTARandom, 23 November 2013 - 08:04 PM.

That's fair advice like but I've looked into 3DSMAX and it costs and absolute fortune.  Considering I'm a novice and it's only for fun I can't really consider spending loads on something that's just to help bust my boredom.

Thanks though!

If you're so desperate for legal ways to obtain, you can get the student version from Facebook for free. It is entirely the same as full bought version, you just don't have rights to some authoring crap(commercial use)

JN92
  • JN92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

Thanks though!

If you're so desperate for legal ways to obtain, you can get the student version from Facebook for free. It is entirely the same as full bought version, you just don't have rights to some authoring crap(commercial use)

Sounds like a good idea.  Plus I wouldn't know how to obtain something without it being 'legal' as you've dubbed it, I'm not that clued up sadly. :p 

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:10 PM Edited by anaconda909090, 23 November 2013 - 11:13 PM.

Guys,was this models good for my FIRST models

image_56554.jpg

image_56474.jpg

image_56521.jpgAnd this one,my last and favourite model i created,around 3 months ago

image_57292.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users