Anyway, new screen is coming here:)
user posted image

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

This is almost like a glimpse into the future if Rockstar does VC on mobile devices.

However, when cars are added, don't replace the Dodo with a helicopter. It will look very retarded when it flies.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

Thanks smile.gif Are you tried to test it on iPod?
Anyway, I need help with convert weapons from VC to III, radar files and car paths, any help here?
user posted image
user posted image

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

I haven't tested it yet. Busy schedule.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

Anyone know, how LOD is stored in IPL? I can't place it on a map. They doesn't appear.
user posted image

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:23 PM Edited by Frank.s, 21 September 2012 - 04:26 PM.

Keep it up. I agree with Blaster that the timecyc should be changed though. icon14.gif

Replace the first three letters of the dff+col name with "LOD" (example = LODmple) and set the draw distance higher than 300 and it becomes an lod.

Also, Weapons can be changed via importing the "weapons.dff" model to zmodeler/3dsmax.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:51 PM Edited by City_Poke912, 21 September 2012 - 10:24 PM.

I changed the timecycle, on PC looks great, but here, on mobile there is small difference.
When I tried to do a LOD of airport tower, model was white, or doesn't appear.
user posted image

nabo45
  • nabo45

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Yaw! First of all what the f*ck happened to this topic? It was on the second page? Come on, that's not good enough. Somebody has to revive it. (:
Anywho, so I made this beacuse I've been, like, really bored lately. It's supposed to be a neighboorhood (and maybe a whole city, who knows?) and kinda be in the same style as the middleclass neighboorhoods in the 1930-40's New York/Chicago. I don't know, but I kinda like it. What do you guys think?

It needs a lot of detailing and texturing still, but this is what I've got so far. I spent a few hours on it today, and I'm gonna keep working on it, and post more updates if any of you guys like it.

Anyway, I know the lightning sucks and the render is really bad, but here it is:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I might make a TC some day soon, if I can get a team. So please, contact me if you're intrested. (:

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:49 PM Edited by epoxi, 05 November 2012 - 02:39 PM.

Didn't want to make a new topic for this so I thought I'd post it here.

I've made a program that reads and logs your coordinates once a second (adjustable interval) on SA. I've also made a plotting program to plot the results.

user posted image

The points are transposed onto a 800x800 window. The blue lines are simply to connect the logged green points, redder points signify that point has been logged several times (either through the player stopping there or multiple visits).

The data shown is about an hour's play on CrazyBob's Cops 'n' Robbers SA:MP server.

The plotting program supports teleporting to interiors (hence the random dots in the middle) and does not join dots if they are more than a Hydra's terminal distance per second apart.

EvilRaptor
  • EvilRaptor

The Ranger

• Members

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

That's epic, is there any way of translating the points into coords or logged into a txt/ini in coord form? This could be damn useful for custom maps with plotting roads and ped-paths biggrin.gif

Rawra
  • Rawra

Daedric Prince of Madness

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Hi Nabo45 - long time !

The buildings are looking good and some quality textures (something I could never do) will really help with the details. Maybe some of those ventilation fans and emergency staircases could be added to bring out more detail?

nabo45
  • nabo45

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (Rawra @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 17:34)
Hi Nabo45 - long time !

The buildings are looking good and some quality textures (something I could never do) will really help with the details. Maybe some of those ventilation fans and emergency staircases could be added to bring out more detail?

Hell, you don't say? It's been what, a couple of years? Damn, long time indeed! (:

Anywho, you mean details like this or? :b

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Again, sorry for the horrible renders and the fact that there's still no textures. It'll come eventually, for now, just focus on the modeling part of it. And, again, I hope ya'll like it!

I'm still looking for someone to start a TC team with, so if you're intrested, contact me.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

^ you got the skill, man. It's looking awesome. Curious how it'll look with texture.
Can you show me the wireframe, please?

nabo45
  • nabo45

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:15 PM Edited by nabo45, 09 November 2012 - 05:18 PM.

QUOTE (69_black_69 @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 18:48)
^ you got the skill, man. It's looking awesome. Curious how it'll look with texture.

Sh*t, thanks man! That means a lot. And sure, I'll post a wireframe. Is this what you what?

If that's not the wireframe you requested, please tell me and I'll try to make another. (I don't really know what a "proper" wireframe is tbh.)

And yes, I know some of the models need some optimization, but I haven't got to that part yet. Right now I'm gonna focus on finishing that lot (or maybe even the whole neighbourhood), and then I'll optimize it and remove unnecessary polys etc. (:

Nikola Tefov
  • Nikola Tefov

$ King Niki $

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Nice building man. I really liked it.. icon14.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (nabo45 @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 17:15)
QUOTE (69_black_69 @ Friday, Nov 9 2012, 18:48)

Sh*t, thanks man! That means a lot. And sure, I'll post a wireframe. Is this what you what?

If that's not the wireframe you requested, please tell me and I'll try to make another. (I don't really know what a "proper" wireframe is tbh.)

And yes, I know some of the models need some optimization, but I haven't got to that part yet. Right now I'm gonna focus on finishing that lot (or maybe even the whole neighbourhood), and then I'll optimize it and remove unnecessary polys etc. (:

good to see you back nabo icon14.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:48 PM Edited by Frank.s, 09 November 2012 - 08:57 PM.

Great stuff, can't really find anything to criticise except that small smoothing-group problem and the lack of faces for "glue" textures. (you know, the weathering, dirt and grime that goes in the cracks and edges of ledges and mud/dirt where the building connects to the ground)

Edit: If you haven't already, check your p.m smile.gif

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:14 PM Edited by epoxi, 13 November 2012 - 03:18 PM.

QUOTE (EvilRaptor @ Tuesday, Nov 6 2012, 16:25)
That's epic, is there any way of translating the points into coords or logged into a txt/ini in coord form? This could be damn useful for custom maps with plotting roads and ped-paths biggrin.gif

I have now implemented zooming, panning and on-screen coordinates (SA coords on second row in top-left corner of screenshot below, the top row returns the pixel coords which depend on current zoom level).

I also added ability to toggle trails, points and the colour of the points.

user posted image
user posted image

That way you can hover over specific areas to get given points. The log file itself is a .txt file containing San Andreas X,Y,Z coordinates so you can look up points individually.

Unfortunately I haven't got a way of returning the Z coordinate of a specific point you see on screen.

However for ped and car paths I am implementing the ability to start and stop recording in the coordinate recording program. You could then open the log with the plotting program to see if you are happy with the points logged. happy.gif

l3mmy
  • l3mmy

Administrator of my own world.

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Lots of rearranging/adding to my creations in the past few month..

user posted image
user posted image

Pub/Motel/Beer Garden w.i.p

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

P.s Train isn't mine tounge.gif ...Borrowed for effect

user posted image

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (l3mmy @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 17:15)
Lots of rearranging/adding to my creations in the past few month..

Looks pretty good icon14.gif
Except that grass, you might need to change it to more seemless one.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Woow, really nice work, but I have to agree, you should use a basic grass texture, because the one you are using now isn't made for this.

EvilRaptor
  • EvilRaptor

The Ranger

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

It looks like a good texture, but it tiles too prominently, reduce the contrast in the green/yellow-ness of the texture and you should be fine.
Looking forward to ingame/finished pics biggrin.gif

l3mmy
  • l3mmy

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

Cheers Guys! Will take it onboard and have a play with the grass texture.. smile.gif

MateoGallardo
  • MateoGallardo

Long life to Vice City!

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Hey guys, this is something I'm 'working' on, needs finishing and texturing.
user posted image
It's supposed to resemble this:
user posted image

I can't find proper render settings without the need of lights, it looks better in the viewport.
Any tips about anything?

EvilRaptor
  • EvilRaptor

The Ranger

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Perhaps extruding a couple of areas on the walls, like below the window, to make it seem like it's layered together out of random junk, but otherwise, looks epic biggrin.gif
Personally I'd texture it before extruding; it may look fine textured :]

l3mmy
  • l3mmy

• Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

Started doing some texture work, not much but..

user posted image

hristobg
  • hristobg

IV Map Modder, Scholarship Edition Project Leader

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

I decided to model the school building in my village. biggrin.gif

However, I haven't model anything more than a year and I think that I have forgotten everything biggrin.gif

You can see many dark faces (smoothing fail, I guess), which as it seems, I can't fix.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:48 PM Edited by Blaster_nl, 02 January 2013 - 05:50 PM.

Model:
- Blaster (reference)

Textures:
- Triple Penetration
- Blaster
- CGTextures

Will be placed in new project "Heartland".

user posted image

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Wednesday, Jan 2 2013, 12:48)
Model:
- Blaster (reference)

Textures:
- Triple Penetration
- Blaster
- CGTextures

Will be placed in new project "Heartland".

user posted image

Looking nice, my amigo! icon14.gif

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

@l3mmy : Look awesome, nice job ! icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users