A possible way...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic
Pubicmonkey
  • Pubicmonkey

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 December 2004 - 07:48 PM

I read a post earlier that said if u use the blow up cars cheat then u can push the andromada to ur hangar but it's too high to fit in..

Well i went out experimenting and found that if u line up the andromada facing away from the hangar and spawn a tank u can drive head on at the andromada and the tank will drive under it forcing the nose up in the air. Park another wehicle just inside the hangar to prevent the doors from closing.

Get back in the tank and keep driving forwards and u will push the andromadas tail into the hangar.

Now here's the tricky part.

The wingspan is too wide and the andromadas wreckage disappeared before i had time to figure out a way around it. I'm not sure if the disappearing was caused to me taking to long or the fact that it didnt want to go in the garage. I'm gonna have another shot at it now.

Just thought u might wana try it urself to see if u have any success in reviving it.

Daggdave
  • Daggdave

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 December 2004 - 07:49 PM

hmm this sounds odd, but I wouldnt really know. Just wondering, what cheat device did you use to spawn the Andromeda?

Pubicmonkey
  • Pubicmonkey

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 December 2004 - 07:51 PM

Sorry i shoulda have mentioned.. It was during the mission "Stowaway". Simply enter the blow up cars cheat before it takes off biggrin.gif

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 December 2004 - 08:02 PM

Is there much difference between the wingspan of the Andromeda and the width of the Hangar? If it is possible to fit it in there then it seems very likely that you could revive and fly it smile.gif

Daggdave
  • Daggdave

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 December 2004 - 08:04 PM

Ah, I am already done with the storyline so I cant really try this out without a cheating device. I think it should be able to fit in the garage one way or another. Is it really that much bigger? I dont really remember the wingspan on the mission

Pubicmonkey
  • Pubicmonkey

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 December 2004 - 08:16 PM

I'm not sure if it's possible.. I can get one wing in but then the plane dissapears before i can push the other one in sad.gif

It might be possible to push the plane in sideways once the tail and a wing are in.

gtacrains
  • gtacrains

Straight up G(sometimes)

• Members

Posted 16 December 2004 - 09:57 PM

Yeah i got one wing in and was tryin to get the other and it disappeared on me.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 17 December 2004 - 12:26 AM

I tried pushing it in a few different ways. The problem with angling it like that is that if you then try to turn it sidways, to fit in wings, it falls back, with the tail returning to the original - too high for hangar position.

I have not yet identified collision with which part of the hangar causes the remains to disapear, but I'll try it a few more times to see exactly what happens. Perhaps, once the tail is in, it would be ok for it to collide with the roof, then it might be possible to get the tail in with the Andromada angled, then drop it on the ground, rotate it sideways, and push it into the hangar. If this works, someone better give me a bunch of cookie.gif .

Edit: Though, even if this works, and the Andromada does respawn in the hangar, there is no way to get it out without it blowing up, seeing how sensitive these large planes are to collisions. Then again, it did drag that tank I spawned in front of it through a good portion of the airfield without blowing up. Maybe it can make it out of the Hangar as well.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 17 December 2004 - 12:31 AM

May I ask how you plan to get it out unharmed once it's jammed inside the hanger?
[EDIT]You edited sad.gif

-Auf Achse-
  • -Auf Achse-

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2004 - 12:46 AM

Weird stuff... I always thought the plane was an AT-400... I'd have to start a new game to try this... I have got to get that plane... What makes me think is the fact that Brady Games didn't put the Andromeda inside the car section of their strategy guide.

pavester
  • pavester

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2004 - 01:41 AM

orrrrrrrrrrr.. instead of going through all of that trouble you could just beat las venturas and then go into the hangar in the airport!!!!! there one in there!!! and i dunno why people call it the andromeda, its called the at-400

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 17 December 2004 - 01:47 AM

You don't have any idea what we're talking about, do you?

Read the topic, don't skim it.

gta_nut
  • gta_nut

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 December 2004 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (Opius @ Dec 17 2004, 01:47)
You don't have any idea what we're talking about, do you?

Read the topic, don't skim it.

some people hey!! suicidal.gif

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 17 December 2004 - 02:16 AM

I messed arround a bit with the Rustler and PCJ-600 on the airfield. Tried blowing them up different ways, leaving them in the hangar for different ammounts of time, etc.

Final Ruling on Hangars.

A hangar works exactly the same way as the garage. Once it closes, it restores the vehicle, even if it was destroyed. It works the same way for planes and vehicles. There is one little difference. Apparently, the hangar has some sort of a clean up function. Any destroyed vehicle inside is removed after a certain ammount of time passes. If the doors closed before that time elapsed, the vehicle is saved, and it will be waiting for you in the hangar the next time that the doors open. If not, then it is gone forever. The ammount of time that the burned up vehicle stays inside is slightly longer than the ammount of time it takes for the hangar doors to close.

As it relates to Andromada, all this means that unless you can find a way to open the hangar doors, wait untill they start closing, quickly slide in the Andromada's remains while they are closing, and let them close, then there is no way you'll get the hangar to restore it. I have no idea how to do something that complex that fast, I don't think anyone else does either, so I propose looking for some other way. Right now, trying to jack it during takeoff sounds more reasonable than trying to restore it with the hangar.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 17 December 2004 - 02:24 AM

I haven't checked this, but I figure once the mission ends, the game sends a 'remove_reference' action to all vehicles used in the mission. This means that you can no longer 'do' anything to them with the mission script, and are essentially random vehicles like every other vehicle.

This means that the standard disappearing act random cars do will now apply. Vehicles do not become referenced until captured by the mission script (unlikely outside of a mission), or until the player actually GETS IN them.

So when you're pushing around the Andromada, the game just views it as another random, low priority vehicle, and unless you manage to get inside the closed garage (where it will be captured by the script and preserved), it will disappear like K^2 reported.

S.A.Supra77
  • S.A.Supra77

Las Vegas citizen

• Members

Posted 17 December 2004 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (Daggdave @ Dec 16 2004, 19:49)
hmm this sounds odd, but I wouldnt really know. Just wondering, what cheat device did you use to spawn the Andromeda?

Yeah i wanna know also

tminus
  • tminus

M-F

• Members

Posted 17 December 2004 - 07:35 AM Edited by tminus, 17 December 2004 - 07:38 AM.

QUOTE (pavester)

orrrrrrrrrrr.. instead of going through all of that trouble you could just beat las venturas and then go into the hangar in the airport!!!!! there one in there!!! and i dunno why people call it the andromeda, its called the at-400

THe AT-400 is not the Andromada!!!!!!!!!!! The Andromada is the plane from the mission "Stow-Away".... its called "read the forum." Sorry, just had to vent... thought everyone had figured that out by now.

There has to be a better way. Its just so much work. sad.gif

Action Replay Max Evo. There are already codes for it here, not sure if they have been converted to others, but the AR Max code for the Andromada is.

Darn
  • Darn

Custom Member title

• Members

Posted 17 December 2004 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (S.A.Supra77 @ Dec 17 2004, 04:02)
QUOTE (Daggdave @ Dec 16 2004, 19:49)

Yeah i wanna know also

youre a dumbass

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 17 December 2004 - 12:59 PM

This comment is unwarranted. He just wants to know how an Andromada can be spawned, which is not common knowledge.

From what I've readn on this forum, Action Replay Max works, but I haven't tried it myself yet.

Gandhi
  • Gandhi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:32 PM Edited by Gandhi, 20 April 2005 - 10:36 PM.

if u do get it in it is possible to get it out cus the andromada i got from stowaway wasnt blown up( if u put the cheat in the cutscene before he starts running towards the bike it blows everything accept the plane) but the plane is useless since it wont move AT ALL, not even with the cars float away when u hit it, but it took me more then three or five rocket launchers to blow it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 by the way K^2 were u trying the tank trick to block the andromeda in the mission. finnaly somebudy is trying that trick i found smile.gif

Gandhi
  • Gandhi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:33 PM

if u do get it in it is possible to get it out cus the andromada i got from stowaway wasnt blown up( if u put the cheat in the cutscene before he starts running towards the bike it blows everything accept the plane) but the plane is useless since it wont move AT ALL, not even with the cars float away when u hit it, but it took me more then three or five rocket launchers to blow it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:42 PM

There are already many topics on the glitch to get in the Andromada, and it is impossible to fly by this method. Please search before making "new" topics.

most recent topic

GTA Life
  • GTA Life

PSN: Ritsuka99

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Pubicmonkey @ Dec 16 2004, 11:48)
I read a post earlier that said if u use the blow up cars cheat then u can push the andromada to ur hangar but it's too high to fit in..

Well i went out experimenting and found that if u line up the andromada facing away from the hangar and spawn a tank u can drive head on at the andromada and the tank will drive under it forcing the nose up in the air. Park another wehicle just inside the hangar to prevent the doors from closing.

Get back in the tank and keep driving forwards and u will push the andromadas tail into the hangar.

Now here's the tricky part.

The wingspan is too wide and the andromadas wreckage disappeared before i had time to figure out a way around it. I'm not sure if the disappearing was caused to me taking to long or the fact that it didnt want to go in the garage. I'm gonna have another shot at it now.

Just thought u might wana try it urself to see if u have any success in reviving it.

What the hell are you talking about what hanger? you mean the at-400? because what your talking about is not in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users