GTA:LC's Anniversary

35 replies to this topic
SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:20 PM

Wow, I can't believe it's the 4th anniversary of GTA:LC already - the time just flies!

When I began to be actively involved in the mod not even one year ago (after lurking about from the very beginning - GTA:WO), I didn't expect to see as many significant fixes, improvements and features as in previous years, but I've been proven wrong - thankfully smile.gif :

GTA: Liberty City now features
- authentic weather states and world lighting
- authentic traffic behavior
- finalized HUD
- as well as dozens of fixes, tweaks and enhancements
- and hundreds of things I probably forgot

I'd like to thank Ben, the mastermind when it comes to organization and structuring, for all the work he has done over the years; the effort he spent creating and maintaining the Checklist, and for the fact that all of his posts are among the most helpful and friendly posts I've ever read. Thanks for your support! smile.gif cookie.gif

I'd also like to thank Craig, the driving force for so many years, for his helpful words of advice.

ModelingMan - as great as ever. Please take your time - the results will be overwhelming for sure.

Konstantinos - you helped me out when I was stuck - thanks for your detailed bug reports!

AK-73 - I love customizability, plus your mods made LC so much more GTA3 authentic - you rock! tounge.gif

I'm sure that 2008 will be a great year for GTA:LC:
There's a chance that we will finally get the ped conversion done - simkas wants to help us out in this area, and that looks like a great omen to me. I'm confident that we're going to reach the home straight soon, and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Happy Birthday, LC! colgate.gif

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:33 AM Edited by TheDude5000, 13 December 2007 - 06:38 AM.

Aah, 4 years. I remember back in Spring '05 when I first installed it, and I played it non-stop during all the LCS hype later that year. Now in '07, I'm playing it more than ever, and as some of you may know, just made a snow mod for it. It's a really fun city to work with, mod wise, and I hope to make more projects well into next year. Happy Birthday for LC, I guess. biggrin.gif

EDIT: I'd also like to personally thank Steavor and Ben for all the great help. I remember when I first tried modding LC I was just getting nowhere, but thanks to you dudes I finally got the hang of it. Congrats on keeping the forum in such great condition and being open and helpful to members who come in here, and also embracing people adding new things to the mod and experimenting with it. Kudos to all of the people who worked on the mod and keep it alive, in fact. wink.gif

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:54 AM

4 years eh? That's quite amazing. When this project (or GTA:WO rather) first came around I was completely new to any type of game modding. It's because of this project, GTA: Connection, VC:MP and SA:MP that I have the knowledge I do now. If these projects didn't exist then I wouldn't be in university studying for a Bachelor in Games Development, so for that I'd like to thank all those who initiated and kept these projects alive, I'm truely grateful.

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Dec 12 2007, 22:20)
Please take your time - the results will be overwhelming for sure.

I'm hoping so. The only question is... When will I have the time? Uni is taking up so much of my time. I have a game project which is to be completed for around May 2008, the work involved is a vast amount for just a team of 5. I promise that any spare time I have will be used for working on IIItoVC (or it's descendant rather). I really miss messing around with GTA...

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:30 AM

Four years?! That is definitely amazing.
Seeing those newbie posts from me congratulating you two years ago is really something.
Keep up the good work! tounge.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:19 PM

Holy sh*t! It seems like only a few months ago that I was posting for LC's third anniversary - I'm not sure that Skidz and Dem could have ever anticipated the level of following LC has received over the past 4 years, but I'm sure they are both very happy to have kicked off the project. This past year has been a period of great change for the project - we've hit a stage where new developments no longer spell significant changes for the mod, and over the past 12 months we've had 3 different leaders. Once again, there's a new generation of people working on LC - the time of myself, Craig, Y_Less, Konstantinos and others (sorry, there's too many to mention you all) has passed - and now SteaVor leads a new group of chargers towards the finish line. Hopefully you'll be able to have LC finished by it's 5th birthday - I bid you good luck (because I know you'll need it wink.gif ).

Also, thanks for the shoutout SteaVor and TheDude5000 - it's people like you who helped keep me motivated and interested in the project during my time with it smile.gif . Keep up the great work everyone.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 18 December 2007 - 12:43 AM

Well I'm late with this, but late is better than nothing at all.

It's hard to believe this project started over IV years ago now. It's amazing to remember back to the early days of the mod and figuring out why the game crashed if you went near the airport (originally we thought it was a corrupt shadow, really it was the invisible escalators left over from VC). It's even more amazing thinking about the late night sessions with Hammer (who I'd really like to talk to again if he reads this) or ModelingMan, and later Ben, really trying to figure out major issues. Those days were really fun and very rewarding. I am grateful to have played such a large part in the development of this major project.

Kudos to Ben for driving the ship after I took off and now to SteaVor. It's nice seeing that you guys are still figuring out those seemingly impossible issues. They never seem to go away, do they? tounge2.gif

The last year has been a major change for me. In the past, I've only had myself to worry about and please. So I was able to lose myself inside the virtual world of Grand Theft Auto for days at a time. But since meeting the love of my life in April, things have been just amazing. And for once, the real world is a much better place to live in than the virtual world. I still like to escape to Liberty City or San Andreas for a little while every now and then.

So while I'm no longer involved in this project from a modding standpoint, I do read the forums most days and follow along that way. And I'm damn proud of the work that's still being done. ModelingMan continues to amaze me and SteaVor has surpassed my expectations considerably. I have confidence that this project will continue to move forward within the next year. It probably won't be done by this time in 2008, but it will be much closer to the finished project we envisioned back in 2003.

Good luck LC Team. And thanks for the countless hours of fun you've given me and many others.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users