» «
Photo

[Prelight] Lot Service

33 replies to this topic
Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 December 2004 - 10:12 PM Edited by Decay, 07 December 2004 - 11:36 PM.

I have finally finishd the Supa Save and Rks Rkland is completed. They both need to be prelit ASAP. Any volunteers?

http://www.mm2x.com/...es/SupaSave.rar

http://www.mm2x.com/...iles/rkland.zip

astro33
  • astro33

astro33

• Members

Posted 07 December 2004 - 10:27 PM

blender support prelighting, and it's free.
actually i only try prelight exporting on 3dsmax3.

[REL|Beta] DFF Import/Export script for Blender, player models, prelighting, and more...

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=127942

if it's not working , post zip file ( dff n txd ) link.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:34 PM

Perhaps ask Gforce, he appears to be the newest recruit of the Pre lighting monkeys biggrin.gif

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:37 PM

Har, I would but I don't like Pm'n people for favors. :-p

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 08 December 2004 - 04:33 AM

http://www.mm2x.com/...es/SupaSave.zip
SupaSave prelighted, should match standards. If it doesnt tell me and ill do it again. Also these textures werent included in the RAR(and as far as I could tell werent used anyway):
YELLOWCO
WHITEWAL
Since the 3ds format only uses 7 letter filenames I dont know the rest. Also these textures were strange:
GRASS128HV.bmp (weird colours)
Grass2Sand.bmp (inverted)
Also since the instructions werent very informative I just made every object into 1 DFF, hopefully you already have a COL for it.
Ill do the other lot now smile.gif

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 December 2004 - 04:51 AM

Those 2 textures wont matter, there unused. Also, the 2 f*cked textures I can fix anytime. However, I need the Supa Save split into 3 sepearte pieces because theres about 5,500 faces on it. suicidal.gif

JasonB
  • JasonB

• Members

Posted 08 December 2004 - 05:21 AM

http://www.mm2x.com/...SupaSaveNew.zip
Split into 3 objects, you will have to make your own COL, but thats not hard. All objects are <2000 so there will be no problems. Also when positioning the 3 objects in MooMapper the co-ordinates should all be the same as illcom_c10_r5. I cant prelight the other lot ATM, ill try to get it done later

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 December 2004 - 05:24 AM Edited by Decay, 08 December 2004 - 05:40 AM.

Thank God for you JB. Wanna do me another fave please?

http://www.mm2x.com/...es/LODsupa3.rar

Tis be the LOD. Shouldn't take long at all to prelight. Thanks so much!

-Dk

One Prob JB, I need you to place the Dffs at 0,0,0 when you export it. Sorry for the hassle. confused.gif

JasonB
  • JasonB

• Members

Posted 08 December 2004 - 06:13 AM

New file with LOD and all DFFs exported after being positioned at the origin (0,0,0 that is)
http://www.mm2x.com/...SaveWithLOD.zip

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 December 2004 - 07:19 AM

Almost completed. Got it in game, but with the collsion out of place.

JasonB
  • JasonB

• Members

Posted 08 December 2004 - 08:59 AM

http://www.mm2x.com/...upaSaveCOLs.zip
These COLs should be compatable with the models. Also I included the collision scripts incase you need them. Plus I did a few optimizations to the COLs ie removed unnecessary objects (namely parking lines)

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 08 December 2004 - 02:50 PM

maybe it will be best to rename topic to " [Prelight] Lot Service " submit your lot for prelight...

wtf you all think?

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 December 2004 - 07:32 PM Edited by Decay, 08 December 2004 - 09:33 PM.

Sounds good Snow Racer. Thanks Again JB. In game, looks great, but for some reason the LOD doesn't disappear once I get close enough. It just sits there. And it doesnt show up in Moo Mapper. Any idea what could be wrong?

Also, The lighting seems to be off. It made my grass more green, darkend my grass to Sand texture, and bringhtend my white sand. I'm using the correct textures, so, it's kinda f*cked up. confused.gif

http://www.mm2x.com/...files/wtfss.jpg

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2004 - 10:50 PM

i just got all the files on this page and will look at them tomorrow, will post some results on friday........thats if you don't already have the problem fixed smile.gif

@Decay feel free to PM me if you need my help in future wink.gif

@capo "Pre-lighting monkey"!! ............behave yourself tounge.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 09 December 2004 - 01:53 AM

I just downloaded rk land, and its very well done. I might post some screens when you make a topic for it, or should I just post them here? Can't wait for Supa save!

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 December 2004 - 04:11 AM

Rkland was one of the very first lots to be completed, it just was never prelit and the d/l link went down shortly after its 1.0 release. Thats why almost no one has it. wow.gif

G Force- Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!

JasonB
  • JasonB

• Members

Posted 09 December 2004 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (Decay @ Dec 9 2004, 05:32)
In game, looks great, but for some reason the LOD doesn't disappear once I get close enough. It just sits there. And it doesnt show up in Moo Mapper. Any idea what could be wrong?

Also, The lighting seems to be off. It made my grass more green, darkend my grass to Sand texture, and bringhtend my white sand. I'm using the correct textures, so, it's kinda f*cked up. confused.gif

For the LOD problem you have to call the LOD the same as one of the 3 objects except replace the first 3 letters with LOD eg LODaSavePart1.dff. Then it will disappear when you go near it and appear as a LOD in MooMapper. About the lighting problem that is quite strange, I have no idea what could have caused it, ill look into it though

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 December 2004 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (JasonB @ Dec 8 2004, 22:55)
QUOTE (Decay @ Dec 9 2004, 05:32)
In game, looks great, but for some reason the LOD doesn't disappear once I get close enough. It just sits there. And it doesnt show up in Moo Mapper. Any idea what could be wrong?

Also, The lighting seems to be off. It made my grass more green, darkend my grass to Sand texture, and bringhtend my white sand. I'm using the correct textures, so, it's kinda f*cked up.  confused.gif

For the LOD problem you have to call the LOD the same as one of the 3 objects except replace the first 3 letters with LOD eg LODaSavePart1.dff. Then it will disappear when you go near it and appear as a LOD in MooMapper. About the lighting problem that is quite strange, I have no idea what could have caused it, ill look into it though

Thanks JB, I somehow managed to f*ck up the LOD name by calling it just LodaSave. Now, Its just the texturing issue left. confused.gif

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 December 2004 - 06:45 PM

Anybody have any luck?

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2004 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Decay @ Dec 11 2004, 18:45)
Anybody have any luck?

sure did biggrin.gif i know i said friday but i finally pushed my myriad install over the edge this week and had to do a fresh install, i've managed to get RKland pre-lit after a hell of a lot of texture renaming and re-assigning, i had to make a completely new set of colfile's even the 2dfx lines had to be modified along with ipl line model positioning, i renamed the models and txd files for reason's i'm not going to explain here, needless to say this release does not mix with any prevoius release's of RKland so you have to do a fresh install of the whole RKland lot................anyway -------->The Download

BTW: i will look at supa save in the next 24hr's and see what i can do wink.gif

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2004 - 10:49 PM

Nice work Gforce, i can finaly have RKland in Myriad!

Gforce, could you pretty please make Lods for Trn4ls's dealership? it's prelighted etc but it has no Lods, this is the only thing stopping it from being final in my opinion

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2004 - 04:13 AM

UPDATE!!!

i was originally using Txdworkshop 2.5 and couldn't get the textures to compress properly suicidal.gif , then i found Txdworkshop 3.1 on Delfi's site biggrin.gif , now RKland has compressed textures tounge2.gif so here's RKlandPLSv2 ---------> The Download

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2004 - 05:54 PM Edited by Gforce, 13 December 2004 - 10:42 PM.

!!! RKland update !!!

i found a missing texture on one of the models ingame so here is another update with the problem fixed, if you already installed the last version just replace illcom_c6_r2b.dff and illcom_c6_r2.txd in your img----> The Download

EDIT: screenies

user posted imageuser posted image

i also looked into the "Supa Save" problem you were having with the grass_128 and grass2sand textures, the answer seems to be that you have used bmp's instead of tga's, for some reason when you extract the grass tex's as bmp's the colour changessometimes, just extract both tex's from illcom.txd as tga's and remap them in zmod or 3dsm........i hope this helps ya wink.gif

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 December 2004 - 05:57 AM

Heres what I got so far.

SupaSave Beta 1.2

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:21 AM

Is RKland even still part of Myriad? I thought it was removed...

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 December 2004 - 01:03 PM

I thought it was still part of Myriad? Anyway when these are final create a new topic with the links in..... as im sure not everyone will come into this topic looking for releases.

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 December 2004 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Dec 14 2004, 07:03)
I thought it was still part of Myriad? Anyway when these are final create a new topic with the links in..... as im sure not everyone will come into this topic looking for releases.

Rkland is still part of Myriad.

And that release is pretty much only for G Force so that he can help me figure out my problem.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:01 PM

cheers decay, that last version of Supa save the max file wouldn't load in max 3 and the 3ds file was all seperate parts, i'll give this a look over and see what i can do, btw let me know if RKland is how you both want it (you and Redkiller that is) because i have no idea how the textures are supposed to look, i will post results for supa save.................soon wink.gif

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 January 2005 - 05:55 PM

Gforce, get on MSN. You have some pre-light work to do for me wink.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (Superb@ll @ Jan 12 2005, 17:55)
Gforce, get on MSN. You have some pre-light work to do for me wink.gif

PM me in future wink.gif i will do it for you no problem.

edit: i forgot this was the prelighting request thread............ lol.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users