» «
Photo

Tropica Islands

263 replies to this topic
timmy2004
  • timmy2004

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 November 2004 - 07:59 AM Edited by timmy2004, 16 February 2005 - 01:21 AM.

Welcome To Tropica Islands!
A new TC for Vice City

It is about 1 quater the size of Vice City, but if I run out of space, I will add more objects. It is made out of 100% ingame models models and no txds will be added either, but maybe some edited txds that also came with VC.

Tropica Islands is very tropical, yet it has many other different enviroments.

So far I have done half of the whole chain of islands.

Progress O Metre:
Coding:
|~~~-------|
Map:
|~~~~~~~~--|
Total Progress:
|~~~~~-----|

Latest Movie!
Download Movie. Less than 3 megs!

Latest Total Map Update:
user posted image

The Tropica Islands IRC Channel

QUOTE (My ingame models theroy)
Why make your own models when you can build anything you want out of ingame models, if you have a good imagination. It's faster, easier and much more fun.

Here are some of the best screenshots displayed in this topic so far:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

So far I have these places planned/done:
  • The Ghetto
  • Army Base
  • Downtown/commercial area
  • Residential area
  • A beach
  • Industrial area
  • An airport
I hope you guys like it so far, I will post more screenies when I progress more.

Team: You can't really say that we have a team, but in the last few weeks, this has become more than a one man project.
Me (timmy2004): Team leader, lead mapper, lead coder.
Col_Vinny: Does some textures, mapping.
Mealing: Does some textures and mapping.
Ad_Tec: Makes install scripts.
spaceeinstein: Makes paths.
-GRAVITY2-: Makes custom roads.

Bobesz
  • Bobesz

Just a random member

• Members

Posted 25 November 2004 - 02:53 PM

Looks great so far! that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2004 - 04:45 PM

I dunno about you Timmy but using ingame statics for TC's is both lame and boring.I was thinking, i could model statics for your island and give you the ones i've already done for Los Fortunas.I'd be scrapping those models anyway since a total conversion, totaly scratch built is a fanboy dream for 1 person.

If your interested contact me via a PM and the deal is done.

timmy2004
  • timmy2004

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 November 2004 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (caponester @ Nov 25 2004, 16:45)
I dunno about you Timmy but using ingame statics for TC's is both lame and boring.I was thinking, i could model statics for your island and give you the ones i've already done for Los Fortunas.I'd be scrapping those models anyway since a total conversion, totaly scratch built is a fanboy dream for 1 person.

If your interested contact me via a PM and the deal is done.

No thanks, I want this to be all ingame models, I don't really tink that it is boaring at all.
Looks great so far!

Thanks I have finished all of the ghetto area and when I get a chance, I'll post a screeny here.

jcab42
  • jcab42

Custom Planet Builder

• Members

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:43 PM

Timmy, you made that coding tut so you have been contributing to the community, but you should be careful about filling the map mod showroom with threads about your maps since your maps have no scratch models. You can get away with it once, maybe twice, now you're on three and I'd say that puts you on thin ice. If you keep it up you might inspire a major rule change -> no creating a new thread here unless your map uses scratch models. Please don't take offence, just realize that there are people here that are making nice elaborate scratch made maps and your ingame map threads are pushing those down.

Besides, the main feature of your maps are the missions, so why not move your threads to the mission showroom?

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2004 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (jcab42 @ Nov 26 2004, 16:43)
Timmy, you made that coding tut so you have been contributing to the community, but you should be careful about filling the map mod showroom with threads about your maps since your maps have no scratch models. You can get away with it once, maybe twice, now you're on three and I'd say that puts you on thin ice. If you keep it up you might inspire a major rule change -> no creating a new thread here unless your map uses scratch models. Please don't take offence, just realize that there are people here that are making nice elaborate scratch made maps and your ingame map threads are pushing those down.

Besides, the main feature of your maps are the missions, so why not move your threads to the mission showroom?

Precisely what i was about to post, thats kinda spooky happy.gif

doodem
  • doodem

josh

• Members

Posted 27 November 2004 - 09:56 PM

i have had an idea for your mod you could make it one big island with no rivers running through so it seems bigger maybe a small little river running through like in sa but just alittle one

timmy2004
  • timmy2004

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 November 2004 - 05:43 AM Edited by timmy2004, 28 November 2004 - 05:46 AM.

QUOTE (jcab42 @ Nov 26 2004, 16:43)
Timmy, you made that coding tut so you have been contributing to the community, but you should be careful about filling the map mod showroom with threads about your maps since your maps have no scratch models.  You can get away with it once, maybe twice, now you're on three and I'd say that puts you on thin ice.  If you keep it up you might inspire a major rule change -> no creating a new thread here unless your map uses scratch models.  Please don't take offence, just realize that there are people here that are making nice elaborate scratch made maps and your ingame map threads are pushing those down.

OK, fair enough, I understand. This will be my last one, I promise! But yes, if it's ok with the MODs, Crime City can be moved to mission mods, because it's the only one with missions, really.
i have had an idea for your mod you could make it one big island with no rivers running through so it seems bigger maybe a small little river running through like in sa but just alittle one
Seems like a good idea, but it needs to be tropical, so I might be able to do that with a tropical effect.

jcab42
  • jcab42

Custom Planet Builder

• Members

Posted 30 November 2004 - 03:41 AM

cool man, you don't have to move it on my account. I'm not a mod and I won't be requesting anything about your threads so just do what you think is best.

Wassup Caponester, yeah, I had read your first post and I was going to say "yeah caponster is right" but I didn't want to sound like we were ganging up on our friend here wink.gif

timmy2004
  • timmy2004

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 November 2004 - 06:15 AM Edited by timmy2004, 30 November 2004 - 07:01 AM.

QUOTE (jcab42 @ Nov 30 2004, 03:41)
cool man, you don't have to move it on my account.  I'm not a mod and I won't be requesting anything about your threads so just do what you think is best.

Wassup Caponester, yeah, I had read your first post and I was going to say "yeah caponster is right" but I didn't want to sound like we were ganging up on our friend here  wink.gif

Lol, thanks, I don't really even know you, but I'm going to add you to my respect list.

I'll update about the mod in a few hours.

*added*

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

ex-GTA:LC co-leader (sounds lame now)

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 04:20 AM

I find that it's a really good idea, I want to see the final result. Makes me think a bit of SA with that Ghetto area. And good thing is that the mod won't be huge since it's already using ingame stuff, it's not because it uses ingame stuff that it sucks, It's great to see what you can do with original stuff (think
of GTA:LC ! tounge.gif )

timmy2004
  • timmy2004

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 09:15 AM Edited by timmy2004, 07 December 2004 - 06:46 AM.

QUOTE (Knux @ Dec 1 2004, 04:20)
I find that it's a really good idea, I want to see the final result. Makes me think a bit of SA with that Ghetto area. And good thing is that the mod won't be huge since it's already using ingame stuff, it's not because it uses ingame stuff that it sucks, It's great to see what you can do with original stuff (think
of GTA:LC ! tounge.gif )

Wow, someone likes it!

To all MODs, you have my permission to move this to the editing discustion because this is only about 15% done and jcab has suggested it.

EDIT: OK, no you don't

Rockstar Rox0rs
  • Rockstar Rox0rs

Ferrarisexual

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 10:14 AM

Very cool looking, but in the Ghetto are those White Striped areas going to be Grass? I should hope so, looks odd with whatever that is. tounge.gif

timmy2004
  • timmy2004

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (Rockstar Rox0rs @ Dec 1 2004, 10:14)
Very cool looking, but in the Ghetto are those White Striped areas going to be Grass? I should hope so, looks odd with whatever that is. tounge.gif

Lol, they are the tops of an airport terminal that I'm using as a base tounge.gif . But I can texture it in grass if you people would like it...

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 01 December 2004 - 11:51 AM

Looking nice , keep it up smile.gif

iRloading
  • iRloading

Kool Kid Krew

• Zaibatsu

Posted 02 December 2004 - 05:12 AM

hmm~ that 'ghetto' kinda reminds me of the movie "city of god" set in rio, brazil
the first part where the 'tender trio' jack up a gas truck smile.gif

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

Dud dats not gas, dats a chikn.

• Members

Posted 03 December 2004 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (kuchar @ Dec 3 2004, 13:01)
ALL THE MODERATORS IN THIS FORUMS ARE GAY!!! BAN ME NOW MUHAHAHAHAHAHA! devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif

gay.. so offensive and creative.

Incase you hadn't noticed i was being sarcastic

timmy2004
  • timmy2004

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 December 2004 - 01:09 PM

Yeah, what a fool, but they are gone now.

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

• Members

Posted 03 December 2004 - 03:33 PM

ah, a mod deleted the tools posts... neat

timmy2004
  • timmy2004

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 December 2004 - 10:15 PM Edited by timmy2004, 12 December 2004 - 08:22 PM.

OK, my first real update, I have this this done for a long time, but I couldn't be assed to post it:
user posted image
Behold, the ghetto is complete. Now I'm off to do the Residential area smile.gif .

And this mod will be gang based with gang missions etc.

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

• Members

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:04 AM

looks neat..

cookie.gif ...

timmy2004
  • timmy2004

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 December 2004 - 11:53 PM

I have done some more of the residential area, and here are some screens:
user posted image
user posted image
You get the idea, it's a really peacefull enviroment.

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

• Members

Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:07 AM

Wow.. looks amazing for models already in VC biggrin.gif

timmy2004
  • timmy2004

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:09 AM Edited by timmy2004, 17 December 2004 - 11:41 AM.

Well here are some more:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

The mod is like half done already!

I've got school holidays so I will be working really fast.

Thanks Mealing. I've added you to the list of islands for reservation as you requested through MSN.

I am making some islands of the mainland that you have to fly to to get there.

doodem
  • doodem

josh

• Members

Posted 18 December 2004 - 06:20 PM

wow this is a completely amazing mod really good and not really thgat messy i love map mods using existing objects can you reserve an island for me and send me a criteria of what you want it to be like nothing to hard but i still can do it i have just started mapping but i find it quite easy once you get the hang of it also i have had another idea for your mod you firstly could have a is land like gta3 very built up with lots of tall buildings surrounding it i will do it for you if you want

also another idea if you want you can use my new mod vice in the desert i have not released it yet it uses entirely existing objects and you could use the city loader code so you can fly to it and have more missions there i would make a storyline just send me an email and i will send you the ipl file

nice work!!!!!!!!!

catloaf_by_anuj.gif will rule all

Bobesz
  • Bobesz

Just a random member

• Members

Posted 18 December 2004 - 10:17 PM

Great mod dude!
But can you fix the flickering? smile.gif

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2004 - 10:22 PM

The flickering is caused by overlapping objects

Bobesz
  • Bobesz

Just a random member

• Members

Posted 18 December 2004 - 10:28 PM

Yes i know but can you fx it timmy?

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 19 December 2004 - 05:10 AM

No he can't. That is one of many disadvantages of using models supplied with the game. If he were to remove the flickering he would have to make each section of road etc himself. And he has expressed an interest on this being strictly an existing models mod.

cmc_jacob
  • cmc_jacob

qwerty

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2004 - 05:24 AM

Timmy this is some creative and impressive work, it looks fun to drive around in. Don't forget to edit ped paths and stuff, but im sure you have that part down. IMO you deserve some karma for your recent contributions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users