» «
Photo

CAR MOD Reference Sheet

125 replies to this topic
Technical Difficulty
  • Technical Difficulty

Run for your life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2004 - 04:14 AM Edited by Technical_Difficulty, 29 November 2004 - 04:16 AM.

Not from a guide but close to it.
look here, it's like the same thing. Link It just looks like you copied & pasted but changed the text color a bit.

Kremit
  • Kremit

Maximum Modifier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE (Technical_Difficulty @ Nov 29 2004, 04:14)
Not from a guide but close to it.
look here, it's like the same thing. Link It just looks like you copied & pasted but changed the text color a bit.

dude, look at the site. the admin of that site saw this guide and copied it and pasted it on his site... thus the reason it says:

Car Modifying Reference
- by Kremit

at the top.

Technical Difficulty
  • Technical Difficulty

Run for your life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:03 AM Edited by Technical_Difficulty, 29 November 2004 - 07:05 AM.

ok ok don't lose it man, I'm just posting what i thought ok? sorry, I didn't realize it. We cool?

Kremit
  • Kremit

Maximum Modifier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:30 AM

always were. I just don't like being accused of thieving my own work. sneaky2.gif

NotTimAgain
  • NotTimAgain

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:31 AM

Great job. I didn't know there was so much depth to the mods for each vehicle. I knew some got paint jobs, etc., and others got nitrous, but nothing like that. I'm tempted to take a Walton in now just to have one absurdly decked out. Hey, maybe that's why they suddenly seem to be able to travel at insane speeds when your blasting down the freeway in a sports car.

Since Rockstar apparantly put so much effort into developing and programming different mods for different vehicles, it does make me wonder why couldn't they have gotten the garages to save the cars a little better?

Anyway, for Loco Low. I remember being able to add nitrous to the VooDoo, add hydraulics and upgrade the wheels. There was a color change option, too, but they were standard colors, not the custom paint jobs the other cars get.

Kremit
  • Kremit

Maximum Modifier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (NotTimAgain @ Nov 29 2004, 07:31)
Great job. I didn't know there was so much depth to the mods for each vehicle. I knew some got paint jobs, etc., and others got nitrous, but nothing like that. I'm tempted to take a Walton in now just to have one absurdly decked out. Hey, maybe that's why they suddenly seem to be able to travel at insane speeds when your blasting down the freeway in a sports car.

Since Rockstar apparantly put so much effort into developing and programming different mods for different vehicles, it does make me wonder why couldn't they have gotten the garages to save the cars a little better?

Anyway, for Loco Low. I remember being able to add nitrous to the VooDoo, add hydraulics and upgrade the wheels. There was a color change option, too, but they were standard colors, not the custom paint jobs the other cars get.

speaking of indepth, the remington has a misc category for a grill option. As for the voodoo and tahoma, they are only marked for nitro... so you can have color, car stereo, wheels and hydraulics (as normal for any modible car) and then nitro. No bumpers or anything like the rest of the low riders :-\... no custom paintjobs either. ; ;.

SanAn Addict
  • SanAn Addict

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:51 AM

do any of u guys when know when wheel arch angels becomes available for modding cars rahkstar2.gif rah.gif rahkstar2.gif

Kremit
  • Kremit

Maximum Modifier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (SanAn Addict @ Nov 29 2004, 10:51)
do any of u guys when know when wheel arch angels becomes available for modding cars rahkstar2.gif rah.gif rahkstar2.gif

1) Finish Driving school w/ bronze or better in each course. (Must finish "City Slicking" test)

2) Must finish mission: "Yay-Ka-Boom-Boom" and unlock the third island.

3) Get a phone call from Jetrho to buy Wangs' Cars.

4) Finish the first mission for the Wangs' Cars asset and Wheels Arch Angels will unlock.

Technical Difficulty
  • Technical Difficulty

Run for your life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:39 PM

does the Bass Boost do anything? What does it do? I don't see any difference when I buy it so. What does it do?

Kremit
  • Kremit

Maximum Modifier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Technical_Difficulty @ Nov 29 2004, 23:39)
does the Bass Boost do anything? What does it do? I don't see any difference when I buy it so. What does it do?

1) Need your radio equilizer option set to "On".

2) Need your audio set to "Pro Logic II"

3) Change station to RLS before modding the car, and after you pull out, you'll notice RLS' music has more base to it... stations with more talk and/or soft/ez listening will not work as well with bass boost. However, if you install bass boost and listen to RLS, Bounce FM, or another station with good bass music... you should hear the difference providing requirements #1 and #2 from above have been fufilled.

Technical Difficulty
  • Technical Difficulty

Run for your life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:47 PM

So, I can change that in my options panel on the Pause menu? If so thanks Kremit.

Kremit
  • Kremit

Maximum Modifier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:51 PM

yup ^^

Kremit
  • Kremit

Maximum Modifier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 10:35 PM

*bump the update*

chimneyrock
  • chimneyrock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2004 - 04:57 AM

Besides the nitrous, are the modifications purely cosmetic, or do they affect the cars performance characteristics? I saw a thread where someone mentioned having preferences on how certain wheels handled, but I've never noticed a difference...Does a spoiler really create downforce? Does a new exhaust increase horespower?

Jackie Flannery
  • Jackie Flannery

Westies forever

• Members

Posted 16 December 2004 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (chimneyrock @ Dec 16 2004, 04:57)
Besides the nitrous, are the modifications purely cosmetic, or do they affect the cars performance characteristics? I saw a thread where someone mentioned having preferences on how certain wheels handled, but I've never noticed a difference...Does a spoiler really create downforce? Does a new exhaust increase horespower?

I reckon I just saw the "wheel" thread you mention and I too was wondering whether buying off road wheels give you better grip. I would be very surprised if this was the case - I was under the impression that the mods were just for "looks".

Kremit
  • Kremit

Maximum Modifier

• Members

Posted 16 December 2004 - 05:50 PM

I reckon I just saw the "wheel" thread you mention and I too was wondering whether buying off road wheels give you better grip. I would be very surprised if this was the case - I was under the impression that the mods were just for "looks".

Ermmm... Do you believe in bigfoot? Cause they both hold the same probability of being true.

There's a few files the game uses to distinguish car info.

handling.cfg (handling settings.. this is where the turning ratios and all handling properties are adjusted). In order for different wheels to have different handling effects, this file would have to be changed in memory, on the fly, with new handling settings. However, there's nothing that triggers this change.

Carmods.dat (file that holds info of car mods available). List the cars and the mods that go on them... nothing more. Only defines the mods that go on cars... there's no numbers, no variables... no alterations to performance.

Other than nitros (which isn't really performance boosting, it just puts you up to top speed really fast.), I would say: "No, the mods do not have performance/weight/aerodynamic benefits. It is simply cosmetic like NFS:U."

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2004 - 06:10 PM

Nice work. I'll pin it for now, and unpin it when I get a chance to add it to the HTML header. smile.gif +1 Karma, etc.

Jackie Flannery
  • Jackie Flannery

Westies forever

• Members

Posted 17 December 2004 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (Kremit @ Dec 16 2004, 17:50)

Ermmm... Do you believe in bigfoot? Cause they both hold the same probability of being true.

There's a few files the game uses to distinguish car info.

handling.cfg (handling settings.. this is where the turning ratios and all handling properties are adjusted). In order for different wheels to have different handling effects, this file would have to be changed in memory, on the fly, with new handling settings. However, there's nothing that triggers this change.

Carmods.dat (file that holds info of car mods available). List the cars and the mods that go on them... nothing more. Only defines the mods that go on cars... there's no numbers, no variables... no alterations to performance.

Other than nitros (which isn't really performance boosting, it just puts you up to top speed really fast.), I would say: "No, the mods do not have performance/weight/aerodynamic benefits. It is simply cosmetic like NFS:U."

I concur. Very Doubtful about mods to the handling file just cos you buy some new wheels. Would have been a good though.

Thanks for mentioning Bigfoot - I saw it talking to a mysterious figure in the tunnel from San Andreas to Vice City.

Now Im gonna start a thread about searching for Bigfoot.

Marine Machine
  • Marine Machine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2004 - 09:48 AM

Youve missed out the Elegy by the way - which is really nice car smile.gif

Kremit
  • Kremit

Maximum Modifier

• Members

Posted 20 December 2004 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Marine Machine @ Dec 20 2004, 09:48)
Youve missed out the Elegy by the way - which is really nice car smile.gif

uhm... no I didn't. The elegy doesn't go into TransFender.

Wheels Arch Angels:
Wheels Arch Angels is another custom shop similar to Loco Low Co. However, where as Loco Low Co specializes on lowriders out of a home garage, this is a car modification garage near the southwest corner of San Fierro. To unlock Wheels Arch Angels, you must obtain a bronze medal or better on Driving School test: "City Slicking" and also finish mission: "Yay-Ka-Boom-Boom" in order to be able to purchase Wang's Cars. After purchasing Wang's Cars, finish the first mission and you will unlock Wheels Arch Angels.

Cars that can be modded at Wheels Arch Angels:
Elegy
Flash
Jester
Stratum
Sultan
Uranus

This garage features paintjobs for Street Racer vehicles as well as high end performance parts such as: "Alien" and "X-Flow" performance exhausts and body kits.

See, didn't forget it. cookie.gif

GTAPoliceMan
  • GTAPoliceMan

HELLS YA

• Members

Posted 23 December 2004 - 01:13 AM

What about the hotknife?

Kremit
  • Kremit

Maximum Modifier

• Members

Posted 23 December 2004 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (GTAPoliceMan @ Dec 23 2004, 01:13)
What about the hotknife?

The hotknife is not moddable... so why would it be on the Car Mod Reference List?

GTAPoliceMan
  • GTAPoliceMan

HELLS YA

• Members

Posted 24 December 2004 - 11:16 PM

I was just asking?

Zeek911
  • Zeek911

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 December 2004 - 03:35 AM

IM JUST WONDERING......
WHERE DO U GET THOSE AWOMSE PAINT JOBS? dontgetit.gif

Kremit
  • Kremit

Maximum Modifier

• Members

Posted 26 December 2004 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (Zeek911 @ Dec 26 2004, 03:35)
IM JUST WONDERING......
WHERE DO U GET THOSE AWOMSE PAINT JOBS? dontgetit.gif

at the custom shops. Loco Low Co for the lowriders and Wheels Arch Angels for the street racers.

Zeek911
  • Zeek911

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 December 2004 - 08:13 PM

thanks biggrin.gif

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2004 - 03:23 PM

where do u get the slamvan i had it once in ls is there anywhere else i can get it

Stewlil
  • Stewlil

Better when high

• Members

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:00 PM

MY GOD ! U REALLY DID ALL THAT URSELF? colgate.gif good work

Kremit
  • Kremit

Maximum Modifier

• Members

Posted 30 December 2004 - 08:16 PM

Slamvan can usually be found on the strip in LV...

@Stew: I did enough research to figure out which equip code related to which mod part... with that info, I was able to take the info from carmods.dat and replace the equip codes with the mod's name... So after about 16-20 cars, I was able to fill in the blanks on the rest. I have no interest in doing the custom garages as the part names are all the same for all the cars, however, I did notice in Loco Low Co, you could add other parts to other cars (like remington has a misc. section for a grill) whereas Wheels Arch Angel, all the cars have the same parts, just different design.

irulesk8
  • irulesk8

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2004 - 03:44 AM

Did you no you can get nos in every car same with hydolics and paintjobs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users