Photo

Basketball, Gym & Pool Bugs/Glitches

432 replies to this topic
Carrotfoot
  • Carrotfoot

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 December 2004 - 07:24 PM

yea, its not a glitch, it was supposed to happen. If you fly above the second bar, then terrortories (sp?) start to get formed and taken over and stuff. Its a way of sayin that while you've been away, actions are still goin on.

WuZiMoo
  • WuZiMoo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 December 2004 - 07:36 PM

Walk Underwater

[COLOR=red][FONT=Arial]
Ok first off, go to a 2-player point (preferebly in Las Venturas) and begin the 2 player game. Go to the Dam and get one person in the Dodo in the water at the bottom. Then get the next player to get in and they should pull the other player out and get in themselves. The player that was chucked out should now be able to walk underwater...TADAAA!!!

ps: The Libertines rule

Justine
  • Justine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2004 - 10:15 PM

i have had the gym glitch, and i dont dont what helped, but i did the following: i changed my clothes (torso, legs, shoes only - no watch or chain...), i did paramedic for a minute, and thats it. i went to the same gym i have been before, and all of a sudden, i was able to work out again.

___infernus___
  • ___infernus___

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2004 - 10:20 PM

My gym glitch is back again and not only that I have the pool glitch and the basketball glitch aswell.Dunno what happened cause I didnt start fights with people in the bar or do anything that might cause these glitches again.I was eating normally again and not saving after large meals or high fat and it was working fine for about a week/half...Got an email from take2 with all their suggestions and I tried them all but nothing worked.

Dont know if anyone else noticed this but whenever I go into any bar now the blonde chick behind the bar has her hands up automatically(upon entering)and it looks like I've been beating on people which I never did.Only people I did beat up were the gym guys but that was over 2 weeks ago and the gym glitch fixed when I used the starvation,learning new techniques in the gym and changing appearance method.

Not saying that peoples suggestions won't work cause they will work for some people but I doubt anyone will get a solution to work for everyone cause these glitches seem to be triggered by various things.

Anyhow guess its back to sorting all this mess out again.Dont wanna restart the game cause Im not @100 % yet. mad.gif

Frank-Tenpenny
  • Frank-Tenpenny

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 December 2004 - 11:50 PM

alright it got pinned

bubu
  • bubu

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 December 2004 - 11:57 PM

I took the airlines (the plane that automatically takes you from city to city) from Las Venturas to Los Santos. When the plane landed on the Los Santos runway I pressed in the spawn a racecar cheat to see if it would disturb the plane. THe car didn't show up but instead when I got off I was permantly stuck in cinamatic mode. The only way to get out was to restart. Well it's a glitch. smile.gif

zingboy
  • zingboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2004 - 12:31 AM

So I solved my gym glitch. However, this is what happened...

I ate regulary for three days(every 12 hours), then did paramedic mission, saved and still couldn't workout. Had another chili dog and I got busted in the burglary van by mistake after tagging in dt Los Santos. Right away I could workout.

I hadn't been busted in a long time. Think that matters?

827c
  • 827c

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2004 - 01:41 AM

I still have the gym glitch after trying all the methods on here. Ive never saved at madd doggs house. I forgot to turn off my game and I lost all my fat and muscle. I went to the gym to get it back and couldnt work out. Nobody will even spar with me they say I need to work out first. I will retry the methods any new ones

Smithdogg1
  • Smithdogg1

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 December 2004 - 02:08 AM

I am not sure if saving at Madd Dogg’s mansion is the cause of the BB glitch, because if I remember there are people who had beaten the game but don’t have it, and I am sure that they must have saved at the mansion at least once. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 11 December 2004 - 03:57 AM

Once I was runnin around in S.F. til i came to a police car at the bottom of a hill. The car was stuck with its trunk in the ground at a verticle position.
I shot it, but all it did was put its siron on.

grim vader
  • grim vader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2004 - 05:32 AM

it has to be true, because as soon as i saved at the mansion, and loaded, and stuff, i no longer have the basketballs. i am quite positive that i have the glitch because of that cursed mansion.

grim vader
  • grim vader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2004 - 05:34 AM

827c:
okay. i had this gym glitch, and no solution worked. none at all. i was at madd dogg's mansion, and nothing was working. so, i figured, since they have odd glitches when you start a new game with an old game saved on your memory card, maybe something would happen starting a new game. i started a new game, with my old games still saved. i played the new game up till the point when i got the gym. i went and worked out. saved in a new slot. went back to my old game, and, bam sha do wop, i could work out again. how odd is that?

827c
  • 827c

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2004 - 06:59 AM

Thats really weird, how did you think of that? Maybe worth a shot though.

san andreas king
  • san andreas king

woozie the man blind but not daft

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2004 - 02:56 PM

ive tried it all

Slickerific
  • Slickerific

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2004 - 12:52 AM

I finally fixed mine after like a month of noticing it.
I didn't fix it by anyone's solutions.
All I did was screw around buying new clothes and changing them and jumping out of planes and sh*t, and all of a sudden it worked.
There is no way to fix it.
I think all you have to do is f*ck around, and it will eventually work.

grim vader
  • grim vader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2004 - 02:49 AM Edited by grim vader, 12 December 2004 - 02:52 AM.

well, it just sort of popped into my mind. i was thinking about how i had been playing one game, and dated katie. by doing that, i could get out of the hospital with all my weapons. so i started a new game, and at the very beginning or so, i died. i got out of the hospital with all my weapons. i was thinking wow, this is odd. it kept happening. and i remember reading somewhere that the glitch is a runtime error, and blah blah. so if you could make the game have to let you work out again, the error would go away, right? so as this went through my mind, a possible solution occured to me. and it works.

Baracuda
  • Baracuda

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2004 - 05:36 PM

I had the gym glitch but i fixed it by making myself incredibally fat, i first noticed the glitch when i gained weight to date barbara,i tried the memory card methods but none worked so basically for anyone with the glitch try getting 100% fat and then working out at the gym, also just to note i had 100% muscle.

DisGus
  • DisGus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2004 - 10:02 PM

rampage_ani.gif I think Barbara may cause the gym glitch. devil.gif

DisGus
  • DisGus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2004 - 10:03 PM

or whoever the chick is on the roof in Blueberry.

Laggard
  • Laggard

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 December 2004 - 11:08 PM

I had the stupid glitch for a few days. It went away though after I changed clothes and ate daily for a few days.

My two cents is that it has nothing to do with saving in two seperate slots with too little time between the two. Reading all of the posts in this thread I'm convinced that this glitch has something to do with not eating on a regular basis. When the glitch happened I suddenly realized that it had been months since I received a "CJ is feeling weak" messages.

Before you starve yourself and end up near to death, just try and eat for a few days and see what happens. It may not hurt to change your clothes either.

Vicate
  • Vicate

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:11 AM

I think I might of found a solution to the gym glitch, well it worked for me anyway..

I tried all the solutions in these thread but did something else completely different,

First, I started a new game (No, I didn't delete my old game)
Then I got to the point where Sweet calls you about the gym,
From there I went to the gym and worked out a little,
After that I saved the new game that I had just started in Slot 2,
Then I loaded my old game which was in Slot 1 and went to the LS gym,
Huzzah! It worked.

Didn't fix the basketball glitch though confused.gif

Chalkstar
  • Chalkstar

QvsQ lab monkey

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2004 - 03:09 AM

so no one has found out a way to fix the basketball glitch yet?
damn because i have NEVER played the basketball side game and i really want to but i dont wanna have to start over again or anything

grim vader
  • grim vader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2004 - 03:43 AM

hey, so vicate, that way worked for you too? i put that up earlier...it was the only way i could get my gym to work.

Vicate
  • Vicate

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2004 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (grim vader @ Dec 13 2004, 03:43)
hey, so vicate, that way worked for you too? i put that up earlier...it was the only way i could get my gym to work.

Yeah, it worked, although I do know notice whenever I enter the gym at SF, it loads twice (like loads once and loads again blink.gif ) but I haven't had a another problem so far.

deadedj
  • deadedj

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 December 2004 - 06:35 PM

i dont know if this is related in any way to the basketball glitch, but sometimes the white text in the corner when u enter a building (e.g a safe house) is red/pink. I first noticed this in the rioting missions.

Is it normally red? If not, ppl with the basketball glitch see if u have this too.

Perhaps, after there is rioting, and text goes red and basketballs are unavailabls, these two things are not changed back. That is presuming basketballs are taken away during the riot, which im just guessing cos i cant recheck without restarting.

grim vader
  • grim vader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2004 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (Vicate @ Dec 13 2004, 04:55)
QUOTE (grim vader @ Dec 13 2004, 03:43)

Yeah, it worked, although I do know notice whenever I enter the gym at SF, it loads twice (like loads once and loads again blink.gif ) but I haven't had a another problem so far.

yeah, well. that happened to me before. i think it just likes to be stupid. oh well. and you know what? i hate how you lose all the criminal rating points you've earned from killing people if you die or get busted. man. i hate it.

grim vader
  • grim vader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2004 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (deadedj @ Dec 13 2004, 18:35)
i dont know if this is related in any way to the basketball glitch, but sometimes the white text in the corner when u enter a building (e.g a safe house) is red/pink. I first noticed this in the rioting missions.

Is it normally red? If not, ppl with the basketball glitch see if u have this too.

Perhaps, after there is rioting, and text goes red and basketballs are unavailabls, these two things are not changed back. That is presuming basketballs are taken away during the riot, which im just guessing cos i cant recheck without restarting.

the white lettering goes different colors to indicate the gang condition around the place. i have seen it a few times, but it doesn't happen much. the basketballs go away when you save at madd dogg's house. damn house.

meddie67
  • meddie67

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2004 - 11:57 PM

Hello all. I along with others had the gym glitch, however, mine has seemed to go away for the time being. I just wanted to make a post to let everyone know there is still hope. My glitch occured right around 'Home Coming' like some other people. I saved at the 'Mad Dogg Mansion' as well. When I returned to the gym for regular maintenance, I couldn't lift anymore. I tried coming back the next day and of course that didn't work so I started hunting around the forums and found that it indeed was a glitch in the game. Anyway, I tried the different suggestions that were posted in the forum but nothing worked. The only one I didn't try was the memory card trick because, like another member posted, I am not going to buy another card just because Take2/Rockstar can't test their games and fix the bugs within the game before they throw it out on the market. I was pretty pissed at the whole mess but then I decided to keep playing because I am still a big fan of the game. I started to take over gang territories, just screwin' around, when I started to get hungry and lose some muscle. I went to the Cluckin' Bell and bought some food then stopped by the gym just to try it again. I could work out again! I am leaning towards the belief that there is no specific fix. I could be wrong but I feel that if one is to keep playing by doing some free-roaming and missions, eventually the processes in the game will reset. Who knows? This does not mean I am not going to write Take2/Rockstar. I agree with SuGGaK, keep buggin them about their bugs and maybe it will force them to release a updated version. I know that if they keep this crap up that other software companies will be hopping all over this mistake that Take2/Rockstar made. Anywho, KEEP PLAYING! Viva Las Venturas! Long live Stink Fist or Love Fist or whatever... devil.gif

Mike the Rookie

tobu24
  • tobu24

"Apes with ego trips."

• Members

Posted 14 December 2004 - 01:13 AM

well i did the gang glitch by flying away from san andreas for an hour.
after i committed suicide i went to the gym and presto!! gym glitch and b ball glitch gone!!
not to mention new baddies and ganglands to conquer

no problem

Chalkstar
  • Chalkstar

QvsQ lab monkey

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2004 - 01:26 AM

so u fly toward the sea in like a hydra or something for an hour (real time??) and then commit suicide and the bball glitch goes away?

i might try it
if it doesn't work then i would have just wasted an hour

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users