• Members

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:27 PM

bump biggrin.gif

Bad~Boy#17
  • Bad~Boy#17

duh

• Members

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Welshblokeuk @ Mar 8 2008, 18:27)
bump biggrin.gif

Don't bump, don't quadruple post and try to do the method on page 1 for fixing the basketball glitch

Welshblokeuk
  • Welshblokeuk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:53 PM

Cause: Saving at Madd Dogg's Mansion
Solution:
1. Go to the nearest Safe House and save the game 6 times (thus skipping some days)
2. Go to the nearest Fast Food Restaurant and eat as much as possible
- get CJ quite fat
3. Completely change CJ's appearance - clothes, haircut, and tattoos.

It has been suggest that driving certain vehicles near a basketball court can cause a problem, but in the case of this glitch, that is NOT the problem (I just spent a morning trying loads of different vehicles).

I tried the steps here, I've got CJ So Fat hes fat as hell, changed everything ect still can't see no ball.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:57 PM

@Welshblokeuk: The solution to Saving at Madd Dogs place is allready known. Yor method seems pretty sketchy if you ask me.

Welshblokeuk
  • Welshblokeuk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:42 PM

I don't think so.

Ile have another try at this method.

Welshblokeuk
  • Welshblokeuk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:04 PM

Tried that very same method.

Went to East Los Santos no ball there

Went to my own gym in Maddogs House no Ball There

Went over to Las Venturas no balls there either!

Bad~Boy#17
  • Bad~Boy#17

duh

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:18 PM

Then you will need to start a new game cryani.gif

Welshblokeuk
  • Welshblokeuk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:34 PM

Would using cheat codes be a factor??

Bad~Boy#17
  • Bad~Boy#17

duh

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Welshblokeuk @ Mar 10 2008, 15:34)
Would using cheat codes be a factor??

Who said It is dontgetit.gif

Welshblokeuk
  • Welshblokeuk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:46 PM Edited by Welshblokeuk, 10 March 2008 - 02:55 PM.

Take2Games asking them first.

With the Basketball Fix patch that I downloaded from here, has anyone tried it?

I can't seem to get it to work for some reason.

The Error I get is

"

Reading Memory Failed" Error Code 299

Cannot locate Main Thread

Press Enter to Quit....

mercie_blink.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:46 PM

Yes, I tried the memory hack method of fixing the glitch and it worked as advertised. Perhaps reading the directions will help. It's an old hack so maybe it isn't working on new operating systems. I never figured out what that tool is doing. You need to have your save running for it to work, but other than that... who knows. However, I did figure out which variable needs to be changed in order to fix the glitch so perhaps a drag and drop repair utility can be developed. If you have any skill with darkpact scripts or hex editing this is a very easy fix.

Welshblokeuk
  • Welshblokeuk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:52 PM

I Followed directions correctly in order for it to work.

How do you get the memory hack to work??

Welshblokeuk
  • Welshblokeuk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Welshblokeuk @ Mar 10 2008, 18:52)

Would Like to know how I can get it to work please if possible??

cool.gif

Would Like to know how I can get it to work please if possible??

cool.gif

Johntwazere
  • Johntwazere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (GTA GOD @ Dec 3 2004, 13:04)
Walk in mid air:When in a helicopter fly over to the Giant Bridge in San Fierro and try to land in the middle if you get it in the right position the helicopter will land on nothing and you can get out and walk around.
Difficulty: Easy (if you get it in the correct place)

i think that's a barrior to stop you crossing over the bridge before you've unlocked the area on the other side.

if you use the flying car cheat you can land cars up there. it makes for some freaky pics!!!=] colgate.gif

VenGyr
  • VenGyr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:16 PM

I don't know if this has been posted, but today i was driving around being chased by the fbi and fell of my motorbike, then a FBI Rancher arrived and the FBI guys got out, but they didn't shoot me with MP5's, they shot me with pistols, it's the first time it happens. I got the ps2 version.

Mr Banana
  • Mr Banana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:46 PM Edited by Mr Banana, 30 May 2008 - 02:50 PM.

The gym glitch happened to me, and none of the suggested methods worked, so I wrote a little program to fix the glitch in the save file. Then I found out I had pretty much wasted my time - a guy called Hammer had already done something similar.

Oh well. Here it is anyway. Maybe someone will find it useful. It's a short Python script.

http://pastebin.com/f1c688d97

Bad~Boy#17
  • Bad~Boy#17

duh

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE (Mr Banana @ May 29 2008, 23:46)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ST3C79WO

Upload it somewhere else, I don't want that site's spyware and trojan infected toolbar sly.gif

Mr Banana
  • Mr Banana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Bad~Boy#17 @ May 30 2008, 04:39)
QUOTE (Mr Banana @ May 29 2008, 23:46)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ST3C79WO

Upload it somewhere else, I don't want that site's spyware and trojan infected toolbar sly.gif

Ok, I uploaded it to pastebin and edited my post.

doesntcheatGTA
  • doesntcheatGTA

An eye for an eye, a truth for a truth

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:19 AM

The gym glitch is pissing me RIGHT THE HELL OFF! devil.gif angry.gif

Shadownet
  • Shadownet

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:24 AM

that's strange, I've played SA on both PS2 and PC version since 2005 and I never had any problem with gyms ...

Ceres071706
  • Ceres071706

Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (doesntcheatGTA @ Jul 2 2008, 04:19)
The gym glitch is pissing me RIGHT THE HELL OFF! devil.gif angry.gif

here's a link for the fix:

http://www.artemkh.com/gtasa.php

it's located at the bottom of the page.. just look for the link.. colgate.gif

Southpaw311
  • Southpaw311

Southpaw

• Members

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:21 AM

No problem with gym glitch, just the basketball one. I never knew not to save at Madd Doggs. Wasn't there a problem like this on Vice City? Not to save at Cherry Poppers. I gotta try those glitches.

Mattsano
  • Mattsano

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:40 PM

Read about the "weird multiplayer" glitch, and I can confirm it, kinda. It does mention running the other player over, but it isn't necessary. I'm rambling here, I'll just give you my experience of the glitch;
About 1 and a half years ago, I was playing the multi bit with a mate at his house, and we decided to kiss (IN-GAME, I want to be very clear about that!) and I got into the car during the cutscene and kept X down hard. Keeping it down after the cutscene, the car (the hotrod one, knife-something it's called) flew into the sky until I reached well over the distance limit and blew up.
Right, tale over. Try it out yourself to confirm it, but it is possible. One issue I've come across showing it to mates is that it doesn't always go into the air - it can just fly around in, well, I can't think of a better word - glitchily, only a couple of feet off the ground. Try it out yourself.
Also, I came across a new underwater glitch using this multiplayer glitch. Hard to do, but give it a shot to prove me wrong.
Both of you get in a car, drive into the water, then both of you stand on top, quickly too. Now kiss, and either P1 or 2 (I can never remember who did what in these things, sorry.) press triangle to get in, then rev X . Now, this has only happened once, so it may not work very well, but you should both be underwater, but like the water ain't there, like the sea/riverbed is ground. Very freakin' weird, I assure you.
Enough from me, go test and criticize. cool.gif

Cronyne
  • Cronyne

^ That's a squirrel, not a cat. >_>

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:54 AM

Just to report about the Gym glitch. I'm on the PS2. The third Memory Card solution mentioned by the second post worked for me.

Mz. Hazey
  • Mz. Hazey

WOKE UP SCREAMIN' F THA WORLD!

• Members

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:11 AM

Just want to let people I know a few minutes ago under certain circumstances I found a way to relieve that stupid gym glitch!

And this one happens to be EASY as ever!!!!

I don't know if you guys have had these circumstances before though...basically the glitch would occur on the 230th day despite what I did or where I was that day. My latest save was the 229th day, meaning I could use the gym as much as I wanted today, but tomorrow the glitch would start and would not go away despite days passing, etc.

Under these circumstances where you know the glitch will occur but hasn't yet, I have figured out a new method to get rid of it and it's so simple I wanted to slap myself afterwards.

Basically, on the 229th day (meaning I still had the gym) I worked out to the maximum amount of time. I feel like for some reason this canceled out the glitch or did something with the scripting so whatever makes the gym glitch keep occurring was reset so the next day I would be able to use the gym. smile.gif Then by the time the 230th day hit, the glitch was gone! biggrin.gif Easy as pie and did the trick.

So far it's the 232nd day and no glitch yet! Hopefully this lasts, if not I'll let you guys know and keep you updated...

RandyNewman
  • RandyNewman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:44 AM

If anyone has felt the pain that me and my good friend Jeff have been through, and you cant fix the gym glitch with simply saving. You could always take the time to ride a bike. Granted it will take a while, but if you constantly ride fast, you will slowly get muscle back while burning fat.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (RandyNewman @ Feb 16 2009, 13:44)
If anyone has felt the pain that me and my good friend Jeff have been through, and you cant fix the gym glitch with simply saving. You could always take the time to ride a bike. Granted it will take a while, but if you constantly ride fast, you will slowly get muscle back while burning fat.

Well, the technique explained by Mz. Hazey, above, will obviously not work for every single person with the glitch.
1. You must have the game saved before it occurs, like hers.
2. I think you have to be on the same day as hers, too (230th day).

So, instead, why not try one of the other techniques explained on the first page and report back to see if it works.

Mz. Hazey
  • Mz. Hazey

WOKE UP SCREAMIN' F THA WORLD!

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Feb 16 2009, 04:54)
QUOTE (RandyNewman @ Feb 16 2009, 13:44)

Well, the technique explained by Mz. Hazey, above, will obviously not work for every single person with the glitch.
1. You must have the game saved before it occurs, like hers.
2. I think you have to be on the same day as hers, too (230th day).

So, instead, why not try one of the other techniques explained on the first page and report back to see if it works.

It doesn't have to be the exact same day. I tried it on another save file where it occurred on a different date. The point is if you have a save before you get the glitch you can prevent it by working out to the maximum at the gym the day before in order to not have the glitch occur the next day.

So with that being said Gamecheata is right with number 1. If you don't have a saved file you can go back to, my technique doesn't work and you should try the other options this site offers.

ThaGTAGamer
  • ThaGTAGamer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:22 PM

Yeah, that's cool... thanks guys...

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:34 AM

Damn, I'm next to the end of the game (only have to take over territories and the three missions during the riot.) and I have got the gym glitch. It's so annoying because while collecting all oysters I kept on losing muscle and now have about zero left which makes the gyms extremely useful at this moment.

On PC I never ever encountered this glitch, but now the first time on PS2 and I have it already. It's the second glitch by the way, so not even Madd Dogg's and the beach's gyms are available.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users