Quantcast

» «
Photo

Bike, Car, Boat, Air schools. How they're done!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
262 replies to this topic
Cerby
  • Cerby

Skeptic

• Members

Posted 14 November 2004 - 04:37 AM Edited by Cerby, 08 March 2006 - 10:18 AM.

This Guide was originally Designed for the PS2 version of the game, an updated guide for the PC Version can be found on Page 12 of this topic. Thank you teh roxxors for putting the PC guide together. Also, videos have been compiled of all these by another user. You can view these videos Here

Cerbyís Auto School for the Inept

Driving School:
Notes: Anything that asks you to pick a direction is up to you, its preference, and doesnít affect the ability to complete the course.
Rewards: Bronze: Super GT Silver: Bullet Gold: Hot Knife
All these will now be parked outside the driving school.

The 360: Difficulty 1/5
Hold X and square and rotate 360 degrees. This is extremely simple, just hold it down, and hold a direction, and you will slowly spin all the way around.
Getting Gold: Stop in the EXACT position you started in.

The 180: Difficulty 1.5/5
Head straight for the column of pylons, pull a 180 through them, and come out the other side. The most difficult part of this test is not the turn, its stopping just right to get a good score. As soon as you exit the pylons line yourself up with the stopping zone, and take your time, but donít creep. You should have ample time to stop just perfectly.
Getting Gold: Stop dead in the center of the stopping area, with you 2 front wheels lined up perfectly with the final pair of cones. Must be within the time provided

Whip and Terminate: Difficulty: 2/5
A lot easier than it looks, Simply take the corner hard, but controlled, use the handbrake to turn, but use the gas to control the corner.
Getting Gold: Finish the course in the time provided, knocking over no pylons, and stopping with your car completely in the stopping area (designated by narrow pylons)

Pop and Control: Difficulty 3/5
Gas it all the way to the spikes, but LET GO of the gas as you hit the spikes, this will reduce the chance of spinning out. Once you have crossed the spikes, tap the gas to maintain speed, and maneuver the car into the stopping area.
Getting Gold: Without hitting any pylons, get into the stopping zone in the time provided, finishing with the car completely straight, and your front wheel aligned with the last set of cones.

Burn and Lap: Difficulty: 4.5/5
**WARNING** this test may make you very frustrated, you may want to take a break
Finish five laps of the course, rung the track like an oval, go to the outside, and you use handbrake to take the corners, should have no problem getting bronze or silver.
Getting Gold: This is one of the hardest golds to get. Finish the 5 laps in UNDER 36 seconds, with no damage. Use the basic maneuver of the oval, and try to cut your corners as much as possible, I found that using THIRD PERSON was the easiest, although first person was kinda good too. For the best corners, hit your handbrake as soon as you past the second cone nearest to the corner on the middle set of cones, and hook that corner hard. Letting up on the gas for only a second, the gas will also help you control the end of the turn.

It has also been said by a few people that using square instead of R1 around the corners is more effective, I tried it and didn't find it to be that much better, but if you're really stuck, its worth a try.

Cone Coil: Difficulty 3.5/5
This is almost fun, weave your car between the cones, pull a simple 180, and come back. This test I found getting up to speed, and the TAPPING the gas around the corners made the car easiest to control. When taking the 180, entry on either side works, and use the same tech you used for the burn and lap to control the spin. Return to stopping point to finish.
Getting Gold: Finish in the time provided, with no cones down, and finish perfectly straight and aligned with the finals set of cones to get gold. The cone in the finish area should be aligned with the MIDDLE of your car.

The 90: Difficulty 5/5
**WARNING** this test may make you very frustrated, you may want to take a break
This test is a PAIN. You need to spin a 90 and finish between 2 cars. Of the start, angle just to the right, and burn it, as you get close, use both R1 and square to control your turn, and pull into the spot. When you start your second run, use your previous skid marks to gauge when to hit the brakes.
Getting Gold: Finish the test perfectly between the 2 cars, direction does not matter, as long you are perfectly in line with the cars (thx 4Runna ), and not out to the side left or right of them AT ALL. I recommend practice, this test is a lot of luck as well as skill. Even doing it right now I have only hit gold twice. So hang in there, use both buttons, and just try it, you should start to get consistently in the 90s before you hit gold.

Wheelie Weave: Difficulty 3.5/5
Fairly easy once you get the hang of it, the video tells all! There is NO TIME for this one, so take your time and get the hang of it. Hit the ramp with the edge of your wheels, AS FAST AS YOU CAN. And immediately veer to the right, once you get up into the weave, you can really only go left, you have a bit of space to go right, but hit it to hard and your run is over, so use this well. To stay in the weave, tap left on the stick, this will stop you from falling over. I liked to get right on my side so that I was sparking. Practice a bit and you will be just fine.
**TIP Ė You can adjust your car after you hit the ground about 20 degrees in either direction, so if you donít land perfectly straight, just adjust the car!
Getting Gold: Not hard, if you can get your car to the stopping point, you pretty much have it. A quick tap of the brakes and a good adjustment makes for a sweet gold.

Spin and Go: Difficulty 2/5
Easy enough, start by pressing L2 and R2 to see behind you, and go into reverse. As soon as you rear wheel lines up with the final cone before the turn, let out of reverse view (but not reverse) and hit Handbrake. At the same time, youíre holding the turn to swing around, once youíve almost stopping, Gas and correct, and youíre done! Sounds difficult, but it really isnít.
Getting Gold: Hit no cones, and finish completely straight in the finish zone. Super easy, I got gold on my very first try.

P.I.T. Maneuver: Difficulty 3/5
This one was one of my hardest. But I was doing it all wrong, which means a lot of people probably are too. Race up to the car so that youíre about halfway beside him, and turn into, him. Here is where I was always screwing up. I tried to spin him right away, and that usually let to him getting away from me. Instead, once you start to spin him, turn the OTHER way (just a bit) and get the Cop Car balanced on the front of yours so youíre pushing it, then the turn your original direction again, and presto, he will be almost backwards, and right beside you!
Getting Gold: Follow the idea above, you need to be facing ALMOST straight, perfectly straight isnít necessary for gold, and the other cars need to be facing almost backwards, and MUST be in contact with your car.

Alley Oop: Difficulty: 4/5
Either side of the ramp works, you need to hit the ramp with just the edge of your wheels, no kidding, anything else will have you land on your side or worse. A perfect Alley Oop will have you land straight with no problems, and youíre set. For bronze and silver, just land. Any damage is too much, you must land on your wheels. The biggest problem is landing nice, and rolling over, that means you landed on 2 wheels. Keep trying!
Getting Gold: Another ďPractice makes perfectĒ If you hit the ramp right, you will land on all 4 wheels, and you wonít roll in either direction. Donít hit the brakes right away, just coast a bit, and straighten out your car, once youíre facing straight. Stop and you got 100%

City Slicking: Difficulty 5/5

I am not kidding when I say this is the worst of them all, many disagree, thatís why we all have opinions. When I first started, I used to follow the tram road all the way to the church, and work my way through the grassy area, and down the hill. Pull a quick 180, and come back. This is fine for a silver, but heres the Route for a gold:
Head down the main road, follow the tram line. You want to turn right where the first single tram turns right, you will be very near a chicken place. Its easiest if you cut that corner, and then take the next immediate left. You are now on the road that goes straight down the hill, no more stupid turns involved. Working this road is remarkably easy, just keep angling the camera up to see any traffic ahead of you. When you come to the hill, SLOW DOWN, and coast down the hill, avoiding obstacles. Hit the point, pull a quick 180 WITHOUT stopping, and go back the same route.
Getting Gold: Finish the route in under 100 seconds, with no damage. A few quick tips, you can hit 1 pedestrian, your bumper looks gibbed, but its ok, no damage has registered. You can also take 1 minor sideswipe. Any more and its all over. When going for 100 seconds, let up on the gas at 2 points, when going down the hill, and when making the 2 turns to get back to the main road. I tried this one at least 30 times, and totally hated it.

CITY SLICKING MAP

BOAT SCHOOL
Bronze: Marquis Silver: Squalo Gold: Jetmax
These will now be parked outside the boat school.

Notes: This school is a joke, I got gold on all my first tries. Controlwise, to turn sharp, instead of the standard control, just release the gas, and hit it again.

Basic Seamanship: Difficulty 1/5
Go forward, stop in the stopping area, its THAT easy.
Getting Gold: Stop in the middle of the stopping area in under 10 seconds

Plot a Course: Difficulty 1/5

Take your boat through all the buoys, try not to hit any of them.
Getting Gold: Finish the course in under 33 seconds, Take no damage

Fresh Slalom: Difficulty 2/5
Take the Dingy through all the buoys. Try no to hit any of them.
Getting Gold: Accomplish this in under 80 seconds.

Flying Fish: Difficulty 1/5
Take the Vortex, hit the ramp as fast as you can, pull back on stick the gain distance, nothing else is needed to know.
Getting Gold: Off the start, hook out to the right, and then come back in to the ramp, you need 65 meters to get gold, and under 20 seconds. I have finished this with 79.92 Meters, this is how easy it is.

If you're not getting maximum results, trying pressing forward off the jump, then backwards to initiate the glide. thanks to Konoko45

Land, Sea, and Air: Difficulty 2/5
Take the Vortex through all the cones, jumps, and obstacles.
Getting Gold: Finish the course in under 130 seconds.

FLIGHT SCHOOL:
Bronze: Rustler Silver: Stuntplane Gold: Hunter

Takeoff: Difficulty 1/5
Accelerate until your tail rise, slowly pull pack, lift the landing gear, and cruise straight through all three coronas.
Getting Gold: Complete the course in under 30 seconds

Land: Difficulty 1/5
Go through the corona, and land on the designated spot, very simple, just donít forget to extend the landing gear!
Getting Gold: I like to put my nose down right away to gain a ton of speed, hover over the runway until you about ĺ of the way to the stop area, extend the gear, and brake like no tomorrow.

Circle Airstrip: Difficulty 3/5

The first mission where you actually need to fly, take off like learned in the mission, then hit all the coronas in order.
Getting Gold: This is pretty rough. You need to reach the first corona in under 20 seconds to have a chance. Your flight needs to be smooth, but quick. Get through the final corona in 60 seconds or better.

Circle and Land: Difficulty 3/5
There is nothing new here, this combines all the three lessons you have learned. To get straight on the landing, simply use L2 and R2 to turn while on the ground.
Getting Gold: Aim for about 60 seconds through the final corona, and donít bunk the landing. You need to land aggressively like before, but also smack on target. Best of luck, this may take some practice.

Helicopter takeoff: Difficulty 1/5
Almost as easy as airplane takeoff, take off, go straight up until youíre told to turn around and go for the corona, Use L2 and R2 to rotate, and press L3 to stabilize if it starts to wobble. This chopper is the hardest to control, you need to work your forward with your gas to keep it steady.
Getting Gold: No kidding, easy, take off, turn around right away, go up a bit and head for the corona! You can do it super quick! Although time matters, its not even a factor.

Land Helicopter: Difficulty 2/5
Head in to the runway, go only straight, and take it nice and slow to the corona, you can land fairly hard in the Hunter, so no worries, drop it hard.
Getting Gold: Tip into a 90 degree forward motion, and hold X, fly in fast and hard, get so youíre just above the runway, compensate your angle. When coming close to the stop, pull backward to slow down, and drop right into the zone, its hit and miss, you may miss a perfect landing, but just try it again. Get in the neighbourhood of 21 seconds and youíre all set!

Destroy Targets: Difficulty 5/5
Head straight in, I recommend first person view for this entire mission except the landing. I used only missiles, and headed in fast, and just shot a TON of missiles at the trucks, taking them down hard. Take a sharp right turn and take out the 2 moving cars, again, I used to bombard tactic and blew up the whole area, once they are dead, return to the runway and land.
Getting Gold: This was my last gold, this is a practice one, the major points you need to know are that the trucks need to be killed pretty quick, 1 or 2 passes. There is no room for error with the cars, after a couple of tries, you get to know their routes, and can get the fairly consistently. When landing, you MUST be facing East, and parallel with the runway. Complete in under 80 seconds. (thanks to those who told me, I always thought it was 90)

Other Great Strategies
"The best way I did this was by going really close to the ground when starting, so your about 2 metres above any of the trucks, before you reach the trucks hold L1 to fire the machinegun, you'd be surprised how easily you can take out all 3 trucks straight away, then turn sharply to the right and do the same techique on the 2 cars, the machinegun locks on to targets slightly so precision aiming isn't needed as much as it is with the rockets, then land, you should have around 15 seconds left to do this if you do it as fast as I can, so take your time and land nice and easy."
Thanks CrazyCraigy

Loop the Loop: Difficulty: 3/5

I liked First Person for this one, itís a preference thing. When you hit the first corona, pull straight back, and hold it until the plane comes around, then go through the final corona. Thatís all there is to it.
Getting Gold: Not too tough. Angle down a bit off the start, then come through the corona facing up. You need to wait for the message saying ďstart you loop nowĒ or whatever, and do it. Come back down and through the corona, under 21 seconds.

Barrel Roll: Difficulty 2/5
Go through the first corona, and hold directly left, YOU MUST GO LEFT, correct for the final corona. Not much more to be said.
Getting Gold: Just finish in 18 seconds.

Try using your rudder L2 to help control the barrel roll. Thanks Konoko45

Parachute and Land: Difficulty 2/5
This mission is more based on where you land, then the time. Hold forward until you come through the cloud cover, and press back to slow your rate of descent, Land on the target.
Getting Gold: Easy, hold forward until the last possible second, (some people actually have a time for this one, but time shouldnít be a factor) Pull the chute, and land smack in the middle of the corona. You may need to cruise a bit down the runway, but this should not be a problem, gold on your first try is a good possibility.

BIKE SCHOOL:
Bronze: Freeway Silver: FCR-900 Gold: NRG-500 (one sweet bike)
These will all appear outside the bike school.
GLITCH: Sometimes bikes will not spawn outside, I didnít actually see the NRG-500 for a long time, then it was there.

The 360: Difficulty 1/5
Same as the car 360, Hold X and square and spin around.
Getting Gold: Like the Car one, Finish in the exact position you started in.

The Wheelie: Difficulty: 1/5
Start off at top speed, and pull back on the stick, wheelie through all the pylons, then go back to 2 wheels, and stop straight and in the middle of the stopping pylons.
Getting Gold: A perfect stop in the time limit is all you need.

Jump and Stop: Difficulty 1/5
Donít even touch the directional stick, just go forward, take the jump, and brake into the stopping pylons.
Getting Gold: Stop in the middle of the pylons, the second pylon should line up straight with the middle of the bike.

The Stoppie: Difficulty 4/5
Like the Wheelie, you must go through a line of pylons, Fast is the best way to go, press forward and square to go into a stoppie, you may lose control, but as long as you get through the pylons, you have the time to correct and finish.
Getting Gold: You canít lose too much control, and you must have a perfect stop, the same stop as you did with the Wheelie.

Jump and Stoppie: Difficulty 6/5
No kidding, getting bronze on this is hard. A lot of people with a lot of techniques have done this, Iíll say mine, being as its fairly easy. Donít get too into this one, just take it easy. Hit the ramp at full speed, donít angle back, when you head toward the ground, angle about 45 degrees, work the square and hope for the best. If you try and steer at all its over.
Getting Gold: This is one of the one where you gotta do what youíre comfortable with. I got a damn lucky roll, didnít need to use square or anything, I just took the jump, landed at about 45, and rolled right into the stop. Just donít give up, this is the hardest test of all the schools.

Other Good Strategies
"You don't need to do a stoppie in order to complete this one for 100% grade and gold award, as your starting off it wheelies automaticaly, so push your anologe stick around 60 degrees forward to make him crouch down on the bike as far as he can (HE MUST NOT STAND UP) then you'l hit the jump and clear all of the stoppie part and land around the sqaure, as your landing make sure the back wheel hits first because he automaticaly lean forward and stop, at the same time the back wheen hits hold R1 and square , he leans forward automaticaly because if you did the jump without leaning forward you'll only go half way there so if the back hits it wont let you ride to the finish so it stops you. If you don't do it at first try again. It took me around a minute to do."
Thanks CrazyCraigy

As pointed out, all the difficulties are personally based. Just because I think it was easy or hard doesn't mean you will think the same thing.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE ARE QUICK GUIDES, IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER OPINION ON HOW ITS DONE, OR ANOTHER TIP, FEEL FREE TO ADD IT, AND REFRAIN FROM FLAMING. I ALSO MAY HAVE MADE SOME MISTAKES, SO CORRECT IF YOU CAN.

I can't stress enough that telling me my ways are "wrong" isn't going to help anyone. Everyone has their own way, thats what its all about. I just provide an outline. I will add peoples ideas and give credit as they come up. Picking apart the guide for spelling mistakes, small errors, and differences of opinion will also just make you look like an ass.

cice
  • cice

Ω

• Members

Posted 14 November 2004 - 04:41 AM

Very nice guide, should help some people.

But not worthy of a sticky in my opinion.

4Runna
  • 4Runna

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 November 2004 - 05:20 AM

"Jump and Stoppie: Difficulty 6/5" biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
How true!

"work the 'square button' (brake) and hope for the best."

Not needed to do a stoppie.
All you need to do is land on a 45 degree angle and hold forward to keep the back wheel off the ground. The 'stoppie' doesn't imply that you need to brake.

Kudos on the guide! Well done!

I think it should be a sticky. There is far too much garbage to weed through when searching for tips on these topics.

4Runna
  • 4Runna

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 November 2004 - 05:22 AM

"The 90:

Getting Gold: Finish the test perfectly between the 2 cars, facing directly the same way,
"

You also don't have to be facing the same direction as the other cars when you park.

All that matters is the angle and the heading.

IntelliCow
  • IntelliCow

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2004 - 05:31 AM

I spent forever getting the Jump and Stoppie in the Bike School; here's the technique I ended up using:

You want all the speed you can get, so start off holding forward to lean over your handlebars. Before your front wheel hits the jump, hold back. When you're in the air, immediately release X, and angle forward. I found that making a very mild angle (not 45 degrees) nose down works best. When you hit, tap square and hold forward very very briefly. Here's where the pain enters; even if you do a very brief stoppie, you'll still almost always swerve left or right, screwing your 100 percent. There's a lot of luck involved; I found that using the handbrake at this point stopped me before I hit the cones and without turning my bike. Others have said they didn't need to brake at all.

I recommend you shut off the sound and listen to some mp3s while doing this, as the radio gets really annoying.

GManca101
  • GManca101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2004 - 06:21 AM

On the Destroy Targets, I get a 98% even though i am at 89 seconds and my position score is 100% and 0% damage. I even lined up perfectly with the airstrip.

Any thoughts?

IntelliCow
  • IntelliCow

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2004 - 06:58 AM

I found that, when landing in Destroy Targets, you have to follow the earlier Land Helicopter instructions... in particular, you need to line the heli up over the LZ from a great height, then bring her down. It took me forever to figure this out.

generalee
  • generalee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2004 - 07:35 AM

ive been stuck on the burn a lap forrevvveerr devil.gif

Taxman
  • Taxman

I'm gonna sing the doom song now!

• Members

Posted 14 November 2004 - 07:36 AM

Mods, sticky this, or i shal eat your gallbladder with a spork! A SPORK!!!!

MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

timmy2004
  • timmy2004

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 November 2004 - 08:50 AM

Yeah, it deserves to be pinned, but there are alot of pins already there!

Cerby
  • Cerby

Skeptic

• Members

Posted 14 November 2004 - 11:06 AM

fair enough, I hope it stays on the first page long enough to at least help some people before it becomes history, it took a bit of time to type it out.

SteveShady
  • SteveShady

Street Gangsta & GTA: UK supporter

• Members

Posted 14 November 2004 - 11:21 AM

This is very good, i hope it gets pinned.

I will be looking at this in the future

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2004 - 11:22 AM

We'll be adding links to all of the guides in the HTML header (the bit with the spoiler notice), to prevent clutter.

Nice guide btw. smile.gif

General Bison
  • General Bison

Does it go from the east to west yo

• Members

Posted 14 November 2004 - 09:59 PM

With bike school one of the 3 bikes spawn randomly in the one place out side the school, it's not a gitch

optime
  • optime

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2004 - 10:35 PM

I recommend pinnage.

Someone(s) should also poll for a "top ten hardest school tests."

Burn and Lap or Jump and Stoppie? decisions, decisions...

Xyzzy
  • Xyzzy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 November 2004 - 11:39 PM Edited by Xyzzy, 14 November 2004 - 11:53 PM.

QUOTE (optime @ Nov 14 2004, 22:35)
I recommend pinnage.

Someone(s) should also poll for a "top ten hardest school tests."

Burn and Lap or Jump and Stoppie? decisions, decisions...

Burn and Lap, City Slicking, Circle Airstrip, and Circle and Land are all harder for me than Jump and Stoppie was. Maybe I got lucky, but I got gold on Jump and Stoppie on my third attempt, and had gold in all of the Motorcycle lessons in well under 20 minutes.

Right now, the idea of me ever getting gold in the two Flight School lessons mentioned is completely beyond me. The touchiness of the banking controls is completely inappropriate for a PS2 controller's tiny analog sticks. It'd be another story if GTA:SA had drivers included to support the Saitek X45 USB flight stick (or any flight stick, but if I'm going to mention one at all, I'm going to mention the best one available in the <$100 price range).

Original mobsta
  • Original mobsta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 November 2004 - 11:50 PM

Ive got all golds at flight school and ive yet to see the hunter, wtf is up

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 15 November 2004 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (optime @ Nov 15 2004, 08:05)
I recommend pinnage.

QUOTE (Adamcs)
We'll be adding links to all of the guides in the HTML header (the bit with the spoiler notice), to prevent clutter.

Nice guide btw. 

That answer your question?

RMT
  • RMT

Grr

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 15 November 2004 - 12:48 AM

I found the barrel roll to be a real bitch of a test. Mainly because the plane handles like a flying shopping bag.

Thanks for the guide though smile.gif It'll help me as I still need to do Boat and Bike school.

DiscoDickTease
  • DiscoDickTease

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2004 - 03:44 AM Edited by DiscoDickTease, 15 November 2004 - 04:04 AM.

I can't get more than 98% on the Land on target with the parachute one...Anyone have an exact time I should hold and let go the the forward movment in freefall????

EDIT: nevermind I got it. Now i'm struggling on the circle and land. Always off by like 2-3%

EDIT AGAIN!!!: All gold in flight school! Now all thats left to tackle is the driving school!

Konoko45
  • Konoko45

I hate you all, just FYI.

• Members

Posted 15 November 2004 - 03:57 AM Edited by Konoko45, 15 November 2004 - 04:09 AM.

1. You spelled Bullet wrong. Stop getting this car's name wrong you idiots. Sorry, it's just I see half the entire board spelling it "Bullit" when the I does not belong there.

2. There's an even easier route in "City Slicking", by cutting through a driveway near three towers, this way you aren't making unnecessary turns at the cathedral, which can slow you down and be potentially more dangerous to your damage. If a map depiction of this route is needed, feel free to ask.

3. Pulling back in boat school test "Flying Fish" does NOT work effectively, the true way to do this is push forward a second after lifting up the ramp, THEN pulling back to make the Vortex do a small mid-air glide. Pulling all the way back from the start will make you lose momentum and mostly fall short of even bronze distance.

4. The Barrel Roll... holding the right rudder (R2) as you loop left may help those unfamiliar with the planes handling to achieve this easier. But yes, the real challenge here is regaining control of the plane into the corona.

JPost
  • JPost

The Playboy

• Members

Posted 15 November 2004 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (Cerby @ Nov 14 2004, 04:37)
Burn and Lap: Difficulty: 4.5/5
Finish five laps of the course, rung the track like an oval, go to the outside, and you use handbrake to take the corners, should have no problem getting bronze or silver.
Getting Gold: This is one of the hardest golds to get. Finish the 5 laps in UNDER 35 seconds, with no damage. Use the basic maneuver of the oval, and try to cut your corners as much as possible, I found that using THIRD PERSON was the easiest, although first person was kinda good too. For the best corners, hit your handbrake as soon as you past the second cone nearest to the corner on the middle set of cones, and hook that corner hard. Letting up on the gas for only a second, the gas will also help you control the end of the turn.

Actually you can get about a 36.009 or something like that. smile.gif I did at least.

Just a little over 35.

Cerby
  • Cerby

Skeptic

• Members

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:25 AM Edited by Cerby, 15 November 2004 - 07:40 AM.

Konoko Wrote: "2. There's an even easier route in "City Slicking", by cutting through a driveway near three towers, this way you aren't making unnecessary turns at the cathedral, which can slow you down and be potentially more dangerous to your damage. If a map depiction of this route is needed, feel free to ask."

Please re-read what I wrote, the route you describe here is the same as the second route I describe. I just didn't use the word "driveway" and "three towers"

And secondly, I will not ask for help from a tard, I made a spelling mistake on the name of the Bullet, I didn't know if the car had an "i" or and "e" because I just didn't pay attention to it. I put a disclaimer at the bottom of the guide saying that it was a rough guide designed to help those in need of assistance and you may have you own ideas and opinions. Adding them is encouraged, calling people idiots is not. Thank you for #3 and #4, both of these were welcome, and are probably good contributions. #1 just wasn't necessary, and #2 was already up, just not in your divine wording.

CrazyCraigy
  • CrazyCraigy

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2004 - 08:54 AM

Easiest way to do the "Jump and Stoppie" bike one.

You don't need to do a stoppie in order to complete this one for 100% grade and gold award, as your starting off it wheelies automaticaly, so push your anologe stick around 60 degrees forward to make him crouch down on the bike as far as he can (HE MUST NOT STAND UP) then you'l hit the jump and clear all of the stoppie part and land around the sqaure, as your landing make sure the back wheel hits first because he automaticaly lean forward and stop, at the same time the back wheen hits hold R1 and [], he leans forward automaticaly because if you did the jump without leaning forward you'll only go half way there so if the back hits it wont let you ride to the finish so it stops you. If you don't do it at first try again. It took me around a minute to do.

I found this out when I got so frustrated of spinning out right at the end so I was messing about. I showed my friends because they were also stuck and they did it straight away.

Flight school: Destroy Targets

For gold

The best way I did this was by going really close to the ground when starting, so your about 2 metres above any of the trucks, before you reach the trucks hold L1 to fire the machinegun, you'd be surprised how easily you can take out all 3 trucks straight away, then turn sharply to the right and do the same techique on the 2 cars, the machinegun locks on to targets slightly so precision aiming isn't needed as much as it is with the rockets, then land, you should have around 15 seconds left to do this if you do it as fast as I can, so take your time and land nice and easy.

Driving school: Burn and lap

For gold

I got REALLY frustrated with this one, I was always coming 1-2 seconds short of gold no matter how close I was to the cones, so I tried using [] instead of handbraking, I was surprised how much control you get and acceleration is vastly improved because your car doesn't wheel spin and spin out at the back as much, using exactly the same method as the one mentioned earlier but using [] is the easiest way to get gold.

ReRuss
  • ReRuss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:55 PM

On destroy the targets I get 55 - 60 seconds. So tip to get you under that 89 secs is to just do a 90* angle and level off half way down and fire like there's no tomorrow. As for the moving cars you dont have to be dead on , if you hit close enough to get em on fire and about to blow go ahead and go land , it'll blow up and say land , center up and land.

After some practice you may be able to get about a 70 second run. Good enough for 100%.

GManca101
  • GManca101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2004 - 06:34 AM

Thanks ReRuss and CrazyCraiggy; the time indicated for Destroy Targets in the first post should be 80 seconds.

Cerby
  • Cerby

Skeptic

• Members

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:01 AM

Thanks for your input craigy, added some stuff, and gave credit.

GManca, I did the test again, and aimed for a high time, and got gold at 89 seconds. So 90 is the accurate number, thanks for the input though.

CrazyCraigy
  • CrazyCraigy

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (Cerby @ Nov 16 2004, 08:01)
Thanks for your input craigy, added some stuff, and gave credit.

GManca, I did the test again, and aimed for a high time, and got gold at 89 seconds. So 90 is the accurate number, thanks for the input though.

No problem Cerby, people need all the help they can get because some of these test are a real bitch to do, excellent guide BTW keep up the good work!
wink.gif

CrazyCraigy
  • CrazyCraigy

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:35 PM Edited by CrazyCraigy, 17 November 2004 - 03:44 PM.

Edit: I didn't notice that this tip is in the guide so now I'm taking it out.

Pacifier
  • Pacifier

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2004 - 12:49 AM

Awesome guide. Definitely be printing it out seeing as I'm one of the worst GTA drivers in the history of the universe.

Can't get past the Spin and Go test at the driving school.

Took me about many attempts to complete Wu Zi Mu's driving missions.

Thanks again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users