Photo

San Andreas Vehicle Tech Doc (PC only!)

67 replies to this topic
ascendence
  • ascendence

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 August 2005 - 04:56 AM

I had ug_spoiler and ug_spoiler_dam, and the game would crash. when i added ug_spoiler_dam01 to it, it worked fine in transfender.

namman3
  • namman3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:27 PM

ok i'm trying to convert yazu hummer H1 to my self

EGS
  • EGS

EGS

• Members

Posted 30 August 2005 - 08:29 AM

pretty much. delete the extra wheels from the model, then add the collision file to the dff and your mostly done.

How exactly do you add the collision file.
Is it another object with a certain name?
I'm working with 3ds Max.

ascendence
  • ascendence

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (EGS @ Aug 30 2005, 08:29)
How exactly do you add the collision file.
Is it another object with a certain name?
I'm working with 3ds Max.

Are you using Kam's script? If so, you need to choose the collision file when exporting via Kam's script. The easiest way is to use an existing .dff file from the original cars of San Andreas.

Dnallov
  • Dnallov

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:29 AM

Ok im going to go mad - I changed my manana for a new car and the wheels are wrong (to big) I've not tested it in the game but I've used GTA garage MOD manager to view the car. Ive done what you've told me (go into vehicles.ide and change to number from -1 to 0 and the change the next two number) but nonthing happans. Also I have a wheel stuck in the winscreen of two of my cars! Can you help me with my problems.

namman3
  • namman3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:16 AM

ascendence do you mean if i used a .col file from vc the car will not work?

123abc
  • 123abc

Text Book f*cking Mental

• Feroci Racing

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:17 PM

I found out something that maybe should be added here.

There seems to be a polly limit on the shadow model. It was with my pantera I found this out, cause all I did was unite the body into one, and made it the shadow. Well, the game would NOT load that car because of the shadow. I put a regular ingame shadow in it's dff, and it worked.

I don't know if it has something to do with the fact that I was using zmod2, but I thought I would share this.

ascendence
  • ascendence

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 September 2005 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (namman3 @ Aug 31 2005, 11:16)
ascendence do you mean if i used a .col file from vc the car will not work?

From what I've experienced, the .col files from VC won't export correctly into the San Andreas .dff format. The script freezes 3dsmax when using one. So the best way to do it, is use an existing San Andreas .dff car as the collision file, unless you have a valid col3 file that will work for your car and SA.

On the wheel issue, the only way to fix a downloaded car's wheels from being large is to change the vehicle.ide's values. If you're making the car yourself, in 3dsmax, its easy to change. Just select the wheel, reset the X-Form, and Collapse it. Then resize the wheel to the appropriate size. This will allow the car to no longer have oversized wheels, and let you use a -1 default setting in the vehicles.ide so custom added rims in shops show up correctly instead of resized pizza cutters.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (123abc @ Aug 31 2005, 11:17)
I found out something that maybe should be added here.

There seems to be a polly limit on the shadow model. It was with my pantera I found this out, cause all I did was unite the body into one, and made it the shadow. Well, the game would NOT load that car because of the shadow. I put a regular ingame shadow in it's dff, and it worked..

how many triangles was your shadow mesh before exporting?

Most of them are around 500, depending on the vehicle. the forklift has an 844 triangle shadow mesh, while the premier has one thats 274, so its somewhat variable.

HokusaiXL
  • HokusaiXL

Dorifuto Yo.

• Members

Posted 04 September 2005 - 08:15 PM

I was wondering what has been found out about the zr350's popup headlights.

I'm working on a Trueno SR, GTV, anf GT-Apex and would like to get the lights to work on all three but everything that I have tried doesn't work.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 September 2005 - 02:39 AM

The zr350 lights, are hardcoded to the zr350. you have to replace that vehicle, with the objects for the lights named correctly, for them to work. no other car will work.

psyloid
  • psyloid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:05 AM

Hi there, i converted some VC cars to be used in SA
I got so far that they actually work, but i have two problems and i think they are related.

1. The front,rear and rearside windows arent transparent (or as good as not, im not sure)
2. The reflection texture isn't transparent enuf (the cars look too shiny, even at night and the car's real colour is hardly visible)

solution for now, i removed the windows in 3dmax and i removed the reflection texture

but, i'd like to have a REAL solution, i think it has something to do with the alpha level or something, could somebody please tell me what is causing this, and how to solve it??

Thanks biggrin.gif

Joe D LOC
  • Joe D LOC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:08 PM

Ok i'm pretty descent at makin skins for the chars but i wanna know how to Edit skins for the cars....now i know how to find the .txd files for the cars but its only the interior. Do i need
a modeling prog to make a skin seperate from all the other?
For example: the Tahoma is a car i would like to make a new txd for. is there a seperate file i need to find to do this? suicidal.gif

TheDookie
  • TheDookie

OG (Old Gamer)

• Members

Posted 25 October 2005 - 11:03 PM

You will need a modeling prog to do original mods. Most people on this site use 3dMax I believe, but it is very expensive. Unfortunately, I am an honest idiot & refuse to use acracked prog. I am currently trying to figure out how to port .dff files to & fro in Blender, which is free, open source, & endlessly costomizable. Of course, I'm sure you could find atrial prog through Google if you were only interested in doing only one or two models.

iuli_san
  • iuli_san

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2005 - 06:19 PM

I just want to say one thing:STOP MAKING GERMAN MODELS!!!
F**K audi,bmw,mercedes,volkswagen and opel , i`m bored with those ugly and allways the same cars.
Try japanese cars in stead and more american muscle please!!!

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:46 PM

Teh bit of a bump but meh, it's a pinned topic no matter

And that posts relevance is?....

by the way, a lot of newcomers use Zanoza Modeler which can be found here! I recommend learning with v1.07, fouhd on the downloads page, as it it better documented and is easier to use and Zmod 2.

However, with some cars, if you use IMG Tool, found here, and look at the .txd file related to the car, for example the cheetahs texture file is called cheetah.txd, apart from some mod shop skins, extract it, then use a TXD editing program like I'm sure you're used to if you do ped skins, extract the body texture, use photoshop to edit it, replace the said file in the txd and use IMGTool to add it back into the game, you can make skins that way, without having to use a modelling program.
- GTAuron

chowness21
  • chowness21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:49 AM

yeh i got as far as converting a vice city dff and installing it but it doesnt show up in the game how can i fix this?

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 31 May 2006 - 04:25 AM Edited by steve-m, 31 May 2006 - 12:33 PM.

um...what? i didn't realize my opening post had a sexual orientation. If you want to bitch at me for not being active recently, do it via pm.

edit: preceding post deleted, it made my brain cry - Steve

blackmombo0
  • blackmombo0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:54 PM

i still dont get the whole concept anbout tire sizing

example: 400, landstal, landstal, car, LANDSTAL, LANDSTK, null, normal, 10, 0, 0, -1, 1.0, 1.0, -1

ok i know that the two 1.0s changes the front and rear tire size but is it the height or the width of the tire that changes and how would i change the height of the car

i want to change the tires so it looks like i have 38in tires and a 8in lift kit

can somebody please give me settings or help me how i would do this?

Jason989
  • Jason989

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (blackmombo0 @ Aug 4 2006, 23:54)
how would i change the height of the car

The height of the vehicle can be changed in "handling.cfg"
look for the "suspension lower limit" column, change the number to negative (eg, -0.1), the more negative, the higher of the car height
hope this can help you and sorry for my poor English

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2006 - 04:27 PM

1.0, 1.0? Changes width and height. It's the scale of the wheels, not just its dimension in one directin. Thus if you want em skinner, or fatter than normal, it's time to fire up Zmod smile.gif .

plunk89
  • plunk89

Cr4zy Driv3r

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:50 PM Edited by plunk89, 13 September 2006 - 01:17 PM.

Hello everybody!

I'm new in this forum and my English is a bit poor.... tounge.gif
I've shearched all of the topics and sites for my question but there was no result so i want to ask a question:

I'm trying to make a model for SA (with 3DsMax7) and I know how to model and texture but if i export it into the game I can't change it's colour in Trans fender and on the streets there are the cars but with the same colour. Is that the problem that I didn't use textures from the vehicles.txd? I tried to search in other cars wich i've downloaded but i haven't found anything. I've already converted some cars into SA and i saw a green UV map on the vehicle wich colour can be changed

I'd be pleased if you solve my probelm. (ASAP devil.gif ) wink.gif

punk89

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:01 PM

Is there a more in-depth guide to the two ways wheels can be scaled? I'm seeing a lot of vehicles whose tyres either float above the ground or cut through it. It seems clearer instructions are needed.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (DexX @ Nov 10 2004, 15:09)
Car models cannot be edited, or created for GTA:SA 2.00 (Second Edition)

I just saw that, and though I better give you the heads up DexX, maybe you could change that and add a link to our tutorial here. Cheers'

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:15 AM

i thought i edited it before, but the forums were being flaky. Nonetheless, fixed now.

@ Cerb:
I'm seeing a lot of vehicles whose tyres either float above the ground or cut through it. It seems clearer instructions are needed.

No, just smarter and/or less lazy modders. The wheel size issue, in my opinion, is not complicated enough to warrant a spoon-feeding.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:41 AM

Indeed. It's just modders being too lazy to marry up wheel sizes with the position of their wheel dummies. I do it a fair bit myself biggrin.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:41 PM

I don't all of them are from lazyness. I've had a few people PM me about this in the past couple of months, they genuinely can't figure out how this aspect of GTA works. So if anyone in the know could write a tutorial for it, I'm sure it would be of great benefit to those car makers.

I've searched but haven't found a step-by-step tutorial which explains wheel sizing in SA, although there are ones for GTA3 and GTAVC.

flashg
  • flashg

Tastes like raisins

• Feroci Racing
  • Finland

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:37 PM

If tyres are floating or sunked to the ground, you can try to edit the wheelsize value in vehicles.ide. If I remember right you can fix the problem with that way monocle.gif

asonofashadow
  • asonofashadow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:05 PM

Is the vehicle being able to enter a mod shop / tune shop defined in the model? I mean besides is upgrades defined on it.

liam453
  • liam453

cookie monster!

• Members

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:55 PM

how do i make cars faster??? anuj_cop.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users