Gang Territory

672 replies to this topic
koomodeee
  • koomodeee

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 November 2004 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (CLN @ Nov 21 2004, 19:27)
OK, I have 98.12% control of territories, I hold 55 territories, the Vagos hold 1...I cannot for the life of me see anywhere on the map where they could be. Does anyone have a list of where all the Vagos are stationed. I'm thinking it has something to do with me dying during one of the fights, that makes mixed control right? I can't see any that are yellow/green....seems like one time I died and the area turned normal (clear) color. HELP PLEASE!!

Yeah, green and yellow are the hard ones to spot, but Im pretty sure if you have partial controll it wont change the percentage, try taking over the one up by the boat school if you havnt already, and look for REALLY tiny slivers of yellow that mix in well with your green.

The Untouchable
  • The Untouchable

Nicky Santoro

• Members

Posted 21 November 2004 - 07:44 PM

Awesome little guide, koomodeee! It's so good that i printed it off for reference when i finally begin to take over territory biggrin.gif

J. Achilles
  • J. Achilles

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2004 - 09:32 PM

My strategy of all time is:
Grab a four door car and shove as many men in ther as possible, drive around the enemy a few times to get them in a circle, WHAM! drive straight through them and as they get up (if they survived) one driveby wastes em all
Or Grab a USAF jet and blow em all to hell! Suprisingly enough its a good strategy of all above biggrin.gif And ive nicked some of them tounge.gif

sherp45
  • sherp45

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2004 - 02:25 AM

ok here's the deal... I'm not far in the game, heck I don't have the bridges open...

But I can recruit members now, and I have some territories...

but I want to share my toughts on why there's some attacks on 100% guys...

maybe the tags have something to do with it... maybe in the same area the attacks are.

maybe the tags will change the light green to dark green.

I saw in the gamespot's game guide(Gamespot's SA homepage) the attacks occur when an enemies' territory are next to yours... there's a border to do an attack. so look for territories next to your attacked one

because I have all the territories near the beach in LS... and i didn't have attacks there... so...

DualSawnoff
  • DualSawnoff

My heart beat for the west coast!

• Members

Posted 22 November 2004 - 11:59 AM

have a tiny little block left at the jefferson motel.. its only on the jefferson motel block! i never see any ballas around there..

Has anyone else encountered this?

I'm having the same problem, and every time I'd see some Ballas in the little U at the Motel, I'd shoot 3 and start a gang war with the ...Vagos? Ech. Ah well, Now I have the territory above Jefferson Motel that was formerly Vago territory.

But why did killing Ballas iniate a war with the Vagos?!

Bendejo
  • Bendejo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2004 - 08:20 AM

Hey CLN, have you checked the boat school area near Tierra Robada, caus there is a Vagos area there. You might have problems with finding the Vagos, but after a while they should spawn.

DualSawnoff
  • DualSawnoff

My heart beat for the west coast!

• Members

Posted 24 November 2004 - 10:45 AM

By the way, is it me, or are the small territories usually the hardest to take during a turf war? I started a gang war at the Jefferson Motel bit and the first wave was carrying SMGs and even an AK or two >_<

stoney5981
  • stoney5981

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2004 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (TheDooner64 @ Nov 8 2004, 07:56)
nice post, thanks for the tips

nervous.gif HOW THE HELL DO I START A GANG WAR IN THE EL CORONA AREA NEAR UNITY STATION!!!!!!!!! I HAVE 98% TERRITORIES, IS THIS AREA I NEED??? IT IS STILL SHOWING AS PURPLE!?

wildhalcyon
  • wildhalcyon

Im high on funk

• Members

Posted 24 November 2004 - 05:17 PM

just a suggestion for those wanting 100% territories - dont fly southeast for a very long time and then die. Its a pretty much proven glitch to add "new" territories to the game.

loseruser
  • loseruser

Walking disease.

• Members

Posted 24 November 2004 - 10:41 PM

Did anyone else find a VIBRATOR behind the dumpster on the empty lot while searching the (final) Vago territory up there in Las Venturas?

I'll take a photo, maybe it is topic worthy if no one has found it. I doubt that.

TommyVReborne
  • TommyVReborne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2004 - 12:09 PM

in my game 100% is only 54 terratorys. i dont think i have any in SF unless there hidden. what do you get for 1005 anyway i dont think i got anything angry.gif

stoney5981
  • stoney5981

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2004 - 03:10 PM

Can anyone please help!!?? i have 98.18% of the territories (including the boat school area) but there is an area of purple in the el corona area. I have 54 territories and the stats say there is still one gang of ballas!?? I have even killed 4 ballas members in the el corona area and i cant seem to start a war!! I also cant find any gangs in SF, apart from battery point, but they dont kick off either!!?? CAN ANYONE HELP??!!

ender*
  • ender*

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2004 - 07:59 PM

im not sure anyone else has encoutered this. i got 100% territory taken over and while i was working on 100% game completion, a new territory was taken over by the ballas (in sf an area containg the hospital), so i think that all the territories will open over time, im not sure how they become unlocked, perhaps it has something to do with the running respect, but i think you will be able to control the entire state eventually.

bobo_the_ape
  • bobo_the_ape

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 November 2004 - 04:56 AM

Well, in my game, I have 62% of the territories, and the OGs control 105ish of them...but I used the territory glitch. Anyway, here is the strategy I used.

First, I never wasted any money on ammunition. By the time I got to the point in the game in which I was ready to start taking over territories, I was hitman with most of the weapons (I'm still not with combat shotgun or deagle/spistol). What I ended up doing was killing crack dealers for a long time to pick up their drops ($2k/pistol) so I had lots of pistol ammo, then I would kill a group of ballas with my pistols, pickup their micro-smgs. By this time, the gang war has started. First thing I do is run to a roof, but always a roof with a slant. No flat roofs. I creep up so I can just barely see over the roof. For the first way, which in the easy territories is mostly baseball bats, I just used my pistols since I had lots of ammo for those. In the second wave, I used pistols for as long as I could until the guys got to a point that they would be shooting at me. At this point I switched to the micro-smgs and started bustin' heads. A few usually kept approaching, and anytime someone was right up against the house, I would cap him with the pistol since I would get a head shot. After the second wave, I run around picking up cash/guns/health/armor, and then wait for the third wave to spawn. Back to the roof. Finish off this wave, normally entirely with the micro-smg (or regular), and then I not only got the territory, but also I got some AKs.

All the ammo I used to do gang wars was ammo I got by killing people.

Some notes...for the territories beyond the original 54, I now have access to easier weapons because of things like 100 tags, and my armor is better because of Lvl 12 vigalante. These are both things that can easily be achieved at any point after you've re-opened the gang war stuff so if you're having difficulty, I'd suggest that.

Other hints...

Cars, not safe for CJ, not safe for Ballas. If you're trying to take over a territory, stay out of cars, but don't be afraid to use on for cover. If it catches on fire, run in a straight line so that the car is exactly between you and the ballas (or vagos). Half the time the other gangsters get to the car as it explodes. If you're defending a territory, use a car. Make a real quick drive through down one side of the street, running over most of the gangsters. Shotgunners should mean you're getting dark smoke. Whip the car around, come back down the same side of the street and slam the car into the gangster car farthest from you (there are normally two), get out, and run. I would rarely actually have to shoot gangsters when defending my territories via this method.

Other notes: AI gangs can only attack neighboring hoods. What does this mean? It means the best strategy is to take over all of the east part of Los Santos kicking the other two gangs completely out before worrying about anything else. If you do this, those territories on that half of the island are not at risk while you're near Vinewood or Verona Beach trying to finish out the Ballas. By the way, because they can only attack neighborhoods that border them, this means that once you have 100%, your territories will never be attacked again.

Oh yea, making sure you have the GF that can be found at the SF Country Club is a very good idea...even if you're not doing gang wars.

bobo_the_ape
  • bobo_the_ape

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 November 2004 - 04:59 AM

For those of you wondering about how or why you have more than 54 territories, read this thread: http://www.gtaforums...pic=161643&st=0

There are about 180 territories in my game, and they're not all controlled by Ballas or Vagos to my knowledge.

lincoln12
  • lincoln12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2004 - 02:36 AM

I've beaten the game,and am just goin around cleaning house,taking over hoods. If any of you are giving this a run , this is easy as pie. I use the "BLACK PROJECT" it is so simple. They "gangs" are not good at shooting into the air,, trust me. Hovering is the key.. I fly,, they run,, THEY DIE.. devil.gif
I cleaned all teritory in about an hour and half.. devil.gif

user posted image

n00bie
  • n00bie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2004 - 02:18 PM

n00b questions:

1. If you own a territory can it only be attacked by a gang bordering your territory?

2. Once you have 100% of the territories do they still get attacked/can you lose them?

bobo_the_ape
  • bobo_the_ape

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 November 2004 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (n00bie @ Nov 28 2004, 14:18)
n00b questions:

1. If you own a territory can it only be attacked by a gang bordering your territory?

2. Once you have 100% of the territories do they still get attacked/can you lose them?

1. Yes (exceptions)

2. No (exceptions)

The exceptions for both are when you only partially control a territory and members from both gangs spawn in a certain hood, but I took over all of the Eastern part of Los Santos leaving the two western areas alone for a while and never got attacked, so just make sure you completely control all your territories.

ingsoc747
  • ingsoc747

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:21 PM

Question...

I had taken over a lot of land in Los Santos, before completing the High Stakes Low Rider mission. Now that I completed that and I'm doing stuff on the outskirts, I noticed all the colored gang areas are gone. Does this mean all my work was for nothing, or will my territory come back???
nervous.gif

bobo_the_ape
  • bobo_the_ape

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (ingsoc747 @ Nov 28 2004, 22:21)
Question...

I had taken over a lot of land in Los Santos, before completing the High Stakes Low Rider mission. Now that I completed that and I'm doing stuff on the outskirts, I noticed all the colored gang areas are gone. Does this mean all my work was for nothing, or will my territory come back???
nervous.gif

The territories will return, but when they do come back, you won't control all of them (follow the storyline).

ewilliam
  • ewilliam

word

• Members

Posted 29 November 2004 - 02:33 PM

Here's my two cents on gang warfare:

1) Yes, as others have said, the Desert Eagle is the one and only gun for gang warfare (well, the sniper is useful once in awhile). I usually roll with at least 700 DEagle rounds.

2) Stock up on Remote Explosives if you can. They can come in handy when there's a whole bunch of insurgents trapped behind a tall fence. Just drop a charge, step back, and watch out for flying body parts.

3) There have been quite a few battle strategies discussed here. I must say, after a great many battles, the best overall strategy is to give yourself plenty of room. Don't get trapped. Yes, long, one-sided alleyways work, but the key is to pay attention to the blips on the map, and just keep retreating down a big open street. Just turn around every once in awhile, kneel down, and take out anyone in auto-target range. The reason behind this is that, assuming you have Hitman level on your DEagle, you will be able to auto-target, and get the kill, long before your opponents are in firing range. I have tested this, and it is especially helpful with those assf*ck Vagos. The easiest battles I've had were the ones along the big 4-lane highway on the east coast of LS. I just keep firing, and if it gets hairy, I retreat a little bit. This is also great if you have the sniper rifle. If you can retreat far enough down the street, and you're a good shot with the rifle, then you can thin out their ranks long before they even catch sight of you.

4) If you need to make a mad dash for armor or health, and there's a throng of insurgents standing in your path, you might think twice if they're Vagos. The Ballsacs aren't as hard to get through in one piece, but the Vagos, dang...I've had full health/full armor and tried to run by them on 2nd or 3rd wave, and I don't make it 10 feet. They are brutal!

5) If you're crouching and rolling, keep this important fact in mind: if you roll while reloading, once you finish your roll, he will have to begin the reload all over again. This means that it is possible to spend like 4 seconds reloading, while getting blasted upon. Several times, for me, it was the difference between life and death. So be aware of how many rounds are left in your clip, and whatever you do, do not roll if CJ is reloading.

6) Assuming you have unlocked Didier Sachs, dress up in nice digs before going out to blast. This will ensure that CJ says hilarious sh*t when he shoots them, such as "I'm a well-dressed maniac" or "I look good, but I'm a killer"

7) A motorcycle can come in handy if you need to retreat or make a charge through a line of gang members. Sure, if they're vagos, they'll probably set the thing on fire by the time you're through the line, but you'll still have time to hop off and run before it blows up. Plus, if you have an SMG or mini-SMG, you can drive-by on them for an added bonus.

8) After you've won a territory, take a moment to search the surrounding blocks for armor & health pickups if you need them. They stick around for a few minutes, and this can save you time if you're going to start another gang war right away.

9) Save. I can't say it enough. Save! If it's terribly inconvenient, and there's a group of dudes standing right there on the corner just waiting to be blasted on, well, do what you gotta do. But if you have taken alot of new gang territory since your last save, just play it cool. If you end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, a group of AK-wielding Vagos can turn the tide pretty quickly. And remember, if your health is running low and there's a herd of gun-toting f*cks on your heels, there is absolutely no shame in running and living to fight another day. If you do end up dead, it might be a gut reaction to load up your last save, since you lost all your weapons...but just think for a second. Depending on how many weapons you had, it'll probably only take a few minutes to load up again. And if you're low on cash, well, then, either try the ITB get-rich-quick scheme, or, see above. Run! Save! And, in the words of Willie Jones, you live, you live to fight another day.

yoman819
  • yoman819

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2004 - 02:34 PM

I have a problem with 1 terr. in LS. There is 1 terr. the Ballas own and it is only a sidewalk and a building. I went in the building, nothin. And there is never any Ballas around.

**The building is the hotel in the mission "Reuniting the families"

ingsoc747
  • ingsoc747

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2004 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (yoman819 @ Nov 29 2004, 14:34)
I have a problem with 1 terr. in LS. There is 1 terr. the Ballas own and it is only a sidewalk and a building. I went in the building, nothin. And there is never any Ballas around.

**The building is the hotel in the mission "Reuniting the families"

The Jefferson Motel?? You're not going to find ballas inside, you will find them in the parking lot near the sidewalk, or on the sidewalk. If you dont see any, drive away for a sec and come back, keep doing that until you see a group of three.

ingsoc747
  • ingsoc747

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2004 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (bobo_the_ape @ Nov 29 2004, 07:57)
QUOTE (ingsoc747 @ Nov 28 2004, 22:21)
Question...

I had taken over a lot of land in Los Santos, before completing the High Stakes Low Rider mission.  Now that I completed that and I'm doing stuff on the outskirts, I noticed all the colored gang areas are gone.  Does this mean all my work was for nothing, or will my territory come back???
nervous.gif

The territories will return, but when they do come back, you won't control all of them (follow the storyline).

ok thanks man!

Stubbzy89
  • Stubbzy89

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:35 PM

what about the gangs in san fierro then? theres that massive san fierro rita gang hanging around everywhere!? o and the gang bit by the boat school, the vagos are yellow yea? mines ballas (purple)!

n00bie
  • n00bie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:55 PM

I have a territory that is frequently being attacked just south of CJ's House, in Ganton.

How do i stop this?

ewilliam
  • ewilliam

word

• Members

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (n00bie @ Nov 29 2004, 17:55)
I have a territory that is frequently being attacked just south of CJ's House, in Ganton.

How do i stop this?

the best way I know of is to win over all the surrounding territories. According to a few different people, gangs can only attack adjecent territories.

I had a similar problem up in the Chicano area. Just north of the Jefferson Motel, there's that swatch of territory with the big steep street going thru it. And the vagos would attack it at least once a day. But I have since took out their surrounding territories. Now, no more attacks.

ingsoc747
  • ingsoc747

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (ewilliam @ Nov 29 2004, 19:05)

How do i stop this?

the best way I know of is to win over all the surrounding territories. According to a few different people, gangs can only attack adjecent territories.

I had a similar problem up in the Chicano area. Just north of the Jefferson Motel, there's that swatch of territory with the big steep street going thru it. And the vagos would attack it at least once a day. But I have since took out their surrounding territories. Now, no more attacks.

This is true. A territory is only attacked when it borders another gang. So, once you get all the territories... no more insurgencies!!

ewilliam
  • ewilliam

word

• Members

Posted 30 November 2004 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (ingsoc747 @ Nov 29 2004, 19:58)
QUOTE (ewilliam @ Nov 29 2004, 19:05)

How do i stop this?

This is true. A territory is only attacked when it borders another gang. So, once you get all the territories... no more insurgencies!!

sh*t, I finally took that tiny little blip of Vagos territory up in Los Florres. Damn, that was sh*tty. I rolled around that little block for so long, and even when I did find Vagos, it didn't start gang wars when I shot them. Ugh. And every ten minutes, those bastards would attack neighboring turf. Well...that's the end of that. Thank god.

daysleeper
  • daysleeper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2004 - 09:50 PM

100%, 54 territores Held, none in San Fierro but one up by the boat place north of there.

enemy gang members killed : 2652 rampage_ani.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users