Quantcast

» «
Photo

Stuck on Supply Lines...? LOOK HERE! GUIDE!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
567 replies to this topic
*asim*
  • *asim*

OG

• Members

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:05 AM

I don't think this mission is too hard if you pace yourself the right way. What I usually do is get the guys that are near Zero's, first. And then I gain momentum and start flying over the buildings, to the enemies that are further away. I kill them and then I fly over the buildings back to Zero's place. That usually gets me to Zero's roof with about half a tank of fuel left.
Maybe a little less sometimes, but mostly I get there before Zero says "Watch the fuel Carl, only half a tank left"

CreamKreator
  • CreamKreator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:01 PM

I was positively surprised when i did the mission in the first try. I had 2/3 fuel left. Piece of cake...
I don't know if it was a patched or something 'cause when i tried it some time ago with PS2 version it was impossible and the PC version really was easy.

I did almost as the help given here except the bike courier is really easy to shoot while in the air and i shot the rest one by one onthe ground. I had downloaded the 13,5% gamesave which have the ace pilot skills. Don't know if that helped but the difference is still huge to the PS2 version. That was really annoying as i tried to crack that F%&Ckin mission a whole week with at least 100 times and in every one of them the fuel ended just as i saw Zero's roof..

xhunter
  • xhunter

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:13 PM

lol.gif guys? you cant make THIS mission?
lol.gif Its the easiest!!!!

Blizzard14
  • Blizzard14

Get out of here STALKER!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:57 PM

I never knew I was subscribed to this thread...

Anyways, not everyone has the same skill in this game.
Besides, last post was almost one year ago.
Im sure some people still might be stuck at this one, but not as much as when San An. was still, fresh.

iDon
  • iDon

The Dark Knight

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (xhunter @ Sep 23 2009, 22:13)
lol.gif guys? you cant make THIS mission?
lol.gif Its the easiest!!!!

If you have the 2nd edition, they eased the difficulty of the mission.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

How did they make it easier? More fuel?

d.nivatkar
  • d.nivatkar

Call me Devang

• Members

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:57 AM

Nope, in the v1 for ps2 the fuel is consumed no matter what, but in all other versions, (PS2 v2, all PC and XBox) the fuel is only used when you accelerate not while gliding or when at a standstill

I can do this now with around 1/2 tank on PC biggrin.gif

toni cinpriani
  • toni cinpriani

king of the road! Also a great hitman.

• Members

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:35 PM

i took on the mission for the first time today and i passed in the first try!

thank you really much!

Irish Homie RU4-69
  • Irish Homie RU4-69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:22 PM

I did this and I run out of fuel within like half a block of the final LZ so the mission fails. It kind of sucks no matter what you do, and by the way, this mission is not mandatory for passing the game so there is almost no point in doing it.

Ryan
  • Ryan

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (Irish Homie RU4-69 @ Nov 7 2009, 19:22)
I did this and I run out of fuel within like half a block of the final LZ so the mission fails. It kind of sucks no matter what you do, and by the way, this mission is not mandatory for passing the game so there is almost no point in doing it.

It's required for 100%, so if your aiming for 100% completion you need to do it. If you just want to pass the storyline then yes, it isn't required to complete.

taintedbunny
  • taintedbunny

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:42 PM

For PS2 users,

Coasting does not save your fuel, it runs out at the same rate no matter what, except if you're stationary on the ground.

Just keep accelerating throughout, and only decelerate when you're engaging the couriers.

After 20-something attempts after reading these guides, I realized they were for the PC version and something was definitely wrong.

I got back to Zero's rooftop with just under 1/4 tank as well, and this was with me flying with full-throttle.

Also, if you've attempted this over 20 times like me, it means you're by now well acquainted with the control stick.
With this fact, I no longer landed to take out the couriers, air assault all the way.

Good luck to my fellow frustrated PS2 gamers.

flying sheep
  • flying sheep

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:06 PM

the map is down, if anybody has it, could you please re-upload it somewhere?

adrien124
  • adrien124

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:21 PM

no this mission is not easy its been like a month and i still havent beatin it yet and i used aa cheat to beat it is the aster game play cheat it really work with all of the sugestions they give u rampage_ani.gif orly.gif lol die.gif

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killaô

• Zaibatsu
  • Romania
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

In this case, post a SNP for asking someone to pass it for you.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:53 PM

I believe from what was postsed earlier that they are refering to the PS2, not PC game.

A White CJ
  • A White CJ

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (alexclaton @ Oct 31 2004, 09:09)
This mission is really pissin me off!!! is there anyway to conserve fuel?
cuz killin the vans/bikes is easy i jus run out fuel traveling back.

any help would be appreciated.thanks.

also why does it say "push O" to selfdestruct?

It's so that you can quite the mission when you get pissed off or realize that the mission is now impossible with what fuel you have left.

A White CJ
  • A White CJ

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (The Untouchable @ Oct 30 2004, 20:58)
Zero Missions - Supply LinesÖ

What a hard mission, eh? Rock solid at first, but quite simple when you actually complete it.

Things to consider!
  • There are 3 vans, 1 Sanchez and 1 courier on a BMX.
  • 2 vans and 1 Sanchez are bullet-sensitive. This is described and mentioned in the guide.
  • The plane is very hard to control. Itís best to use the L2 & R2 buttons to turn and the left analog to dive and sharp turn. Although, sharp turning is NOT recommended with this Bandit.
  • The RC Bandit isnít very tough. If you crash too much or get shot many times, itíll blow. Then itís mission failed.
  • Flying and shooting at the same time are difficult. Especially when chasing the enemy. Not recommended.
  • When using the analog stick to control the Bandits turns, use it softly. Pushing it up/down/left/right straight away can cause bad results. Itís safer to use it softly.
  • Itís easy to mess up in the Bandit as it handles awfully. You can spend a long time on the floor, just twisting around trying to get a run up to lift off of the floor. Itís get annoying after a while because it wastes fuel.
  • Keep your head on. Youíll probably get very stressed at this mission. I did. Just keep trying and after around 10 tries, sit and cool down. While youíre cooling down, think of ways of how you can do better and which blips to go for (Iíd recommend using the ones in this guide though).
  • Try your best. Youíll do it eventually.
Hereís the guide:-
  • When you start, donít go North. Go towards the van behind you but DONíT target courier first. Get the BMX going down the other road.
  • Start to shoot the guy on the BMX. When heís on the BMX, heís invincible. Wait for him to jump off then kill him. Easy.
  • Turn around and go after the first van (the one you flew past to get at the guy on the BMX). Itís quite hard to turn in the Bandit in the tight street space but if you canít do that, land and turn on the floor until youíre in the right position.
  • Now that youíre out of the street and on the vans tail, you can either land right behind the van and shoot it or shoot it from above. The driver jumps out and falls flat on his face, blast him. Note: You don't need to blow up the van when the courier is dead. Just kill the courier.
  • Now that the courier is dead, go after the next van. Itís about two blocks away. Fly through the streets or over the buildings. Which ever you prefer.
  • When you reach the van, make sure you donít land or fly in front of it. Heíll spot you and drive away at high speed. Instead, land behind the van, go right up close (so youíre under the bumper) and start blasting. Of course, if you stayed there while you shoot the van, youíd get blown up when the van does. Reverse away from the vehicle (keep shooting). Make sure youíre going in a straight line though, you donít want to start swerving out of control and losing the van because if it doesnít get blown up fast, itíll drive away, quickly. Itís best to do this on corners or at traffic lights but seeing as they drive relatively slow (when they donít know youíre there) youíll be ok.
  • 3 down! 2 to go! Fly up, turn around and head North. Make sure youíre high enough so you can evade most buildings so you 1) Donít have to make a sudden jolt upwards to avoid smashing into a wall, 2) Donít have to weave in and out of streets and 3) Saves fuel and you keep a constant speed so youíre using your fuel efficiently.
  • Go to the nearest red blip. Itís usually the Sanchez. The Sanchez is the off-road motorcycle and is bullet-sensitive. What I mean is that if you fire even ONE bullet in its direction whether it hits or not, itíll speed away. This Sanchez has two people on. A driver and a gunner. Watch out for the gunner because the Bandit can blow up VERY easily. It is very frustrating, believe me.
  • The Sanchez is in an area where there are traffic lights. Nearly every time I arrived, they were waiting at traffic lights, PERFECT.
  • Make sure they donít see you and land behind them. Go up close, but not right up to the back wheel and commence shooting. As you know, Sanchezís can pelt away pretty quick, but this one doesnít. Youíve got like a 2-4 second time gap before it gathers its momentum and pulls away. USE IT. Stay stationary and fire at the bike. If it moves a little, press L2 or R2 to follow it. DONíT USE LEFT ANALOG!! If you time your shooting right, position correctly and donít worry, youíll have it sorted.
  • 4 down! 1 to go! This van is quite a way away. Donít worry though, I was at just over Ĺ a tank of fuel at this point. If youíve got that amount, donít get frustrated. If youíre under Ĺ or just hitting it, you can't really mess up from this point.
  • Fly down the street and pick up altitude so you can fly over the buildings below. It saves time, fuel and worrying about hitting buildings and dodging obstacles. Youíll notice that the next red blip is about 3-4 blocks away.
  • When you arrive at the area that the van is in, do what you did to the other vans. Park up behind it, under the bumper. This is a van that if you donít blow it up fast, itíll drive away at top speed and youíve got little chance of blowing it up. So, if it gets away, mission failed. Try again. Even if the plane was fast enough, youíve got the fuel and handling to worry about. Itís a shame that they donít work hand in hand, isnít it? The handlingís terrible, the speed's average and the gas mileage is absolutely crap!
  • Anyway, when youíre parked behind the van or trailing it (on the road, not in the air), shoot it. If youíre up close, back away but KEEP SHOOTING. Itíll eventually blow up. If it does make an attempt to get away and youíre confident in your flying skills, follow it and shoot. But I wouldnít recommend it. Youíll be wasting fuel. Also, the planes bullet range is from close-medium so you can stay still for a few seconds when its moving and your bullets still have a chance to hit it.
  • If you wasted the van, youíll hear Zero say something like, ďYeah! No more couriers. Bring the plane back in one pieceĒ by now youíre thinking, "OMFG! I have to fly ALL the way back!!" Well, yes you do. But itís easy. Youíve got to get to Zeroís roof which is about 3 minutes fly away. When I was at this stage (after killing the last courier), i had about 2/5 (1/4) of my fuel left. I thought I wasnít going to make it, but I did. Youíll make it too if you follow these instructions.
  • Fly up and over the buildings and buzz your way towards the blip. To increase speed, fly high up in the air then make a gradual dive towards the ground. Youíll hear the planes buzz get louder. Only attempt this when youíre really high. Just in case you lose control and plummet down, youíve got reaction time. If you fly over the construction yard, youíre going in the same route as me. If not, don't worry just make sure you've got enough fuel to get back! When you get nearer the marker, youíll see it atop of Zeroís shop. You have to land there. Heíll say something like, ďLand it on the roofĒ and the marker disappears! ďOMFG!Ē You might think but it comes back when heís finished talking. No worries.
  • When you land, it says you earn $5000, and Respect +.
  • Congratulations if you completed it! Iím sure you will. If the guide doesnít work first time, work with it and if some parts arenít suitable to your situation, change them around so it works with you, not against you.
FINISHED VERSION

If you have suggestions or comments on the guide and the tips in this post, please share them.

---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------

Member Tips! (Worth a look!)

GTARyan - Great map!
CLICK HERE FOR MAP

QUOTE (GTARyan)
Couple of things to note.† The timings should be evident from the colours used as to when the couriers arrive at any shared junctions, (normally staggered by a couple of mins, how convinient.†

Each colour represents 2 minutes of game time, I stopped after 10 mins (Hrs) as they were spreading out & I assumed you'de have run out of fuel by this point.

Please let me know if this is accurate and/or helped you out.† Also another thing to note Courier 4 appeared to get stuck on what looked like the freeway onramp when i did this, not sure if that happens all the time.

OMG! OMFG! I finally did it!

(Your guide only helped in that it told me how the vehicles behave and what they are. Not an insult, just advice.)

I managed to get lucky repeatedly, finally killing the last SOB. I used the "Gameplay Sped Up" cheat part of the way back home to conserve fuel, though I turned it off.

I kept missing the f'ing landing till I finally managed to touch down elsewhere on the roof and just skidded into position.

cjthebustatommyfatboy
  • cjthebustatommyfatboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:50 AM

the best way to do this mission is to redefine the controls at your ease.

gam3r4life
  • gam3r4life

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:42 PM Edited by gam3r4life, 03 February 2011 - 11:55 PM.

First of all, I know this topic is old!
I am not posting here with the empty intention of responding for the sake of bumping.
This thread really helped me, and I hope my observations help others who encounter this dreadful (I mean, FUN!!) -- mission in the future.

EDIT (in light of lil weasel's post below):
Tips 2 & 3 apply only to the PC version.

Use nearby vehicles to blow up targets
During several attempts, my plane ended up behind *and* slightly to the side of the van. The van was in my line of fire until another vehicle came along and blocked my view.
1. Instead of wasting precious fuel by trying to re-maneuver the plane so that I could see the van, I simply fired at one of the vehicles that were directly behind it. The fire always spread quickly and caused the van to catch fire and blow up. (Joy of joys!!)

Tapping vs. Holding the key
2. When the plane is on the ground and you need to turn it in a specific direction, TAP the acceleration key lightly, ONLY enough to allow it to perform those small movements. (The 1st few times I played this, I stupidly wasted a LOT of fuel holding the key when I was trying to get it out of tight situations).

Saving Fuel: Banking can help
3. If the plane is grounded, you can save a little fuel if you bank slightly left or right during take-off; (I do this when the plane is only a little above ground). Doing this propelled my plane into the air a bit higher and more quickly than when I lifted off in a straight path, so I was able to coast almost right away. (Coasting uses no fuel, as many others wrote).

3a. Note: As soon as the plane gains some altitude after you bank left or right, tap the opposite direction key immediately to level off. This stabilizes the plane (making it much easier to handle), and makes it zoom upward even more quickly. The sooner you can get to coasting, the better!

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

A reminder:
The PS2 game ALWAYs burns fuel, there is No Way to conserve it. (Basicly a timed mission because of that.)
The PC version ONLY uses fuel when aloft and pressing the throttle button/key. On the ground for some reason it doesn't use any fuel.

cactus.
  • cactus.

king sh*t of f*ck mountain

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:56 PM Edited by TheCacti, 23 July 2011 - 01:33 AM.

How the hell dou control the plane on PC? I'm using W for the throttle but when I get a little air it just nose dives into the ground. Surely I'm doing something wrong? But I don't know what.

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:05 PM Edited by NCONiall, 22 July 2011 - 10:16 PM.

@TheCacti
I like to use W and S for throttle, Q and R for rudders and I use arrow keys for turning left and right and pitching up and down(so basically one hand at W and S and the other on the arrow keys, screw the mouse it doesn't really help you) remember that pressing down on the arrow keys will make you pitch up while pressing up makes you pitch down.

I think this is the default for PC although I'm not sure. Oh and for shooting it was either LCTRL, ALT or LSHIFT if not map the fire or secondary fire to one of those.

cactus.
  • cactus.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:45 AM

W and S? so there are two different throttles or something?

I feel stuck having to use the mouse to shoot, because I've become so accustomed to it, that I can't imagine having to learn a whole near button scheme, then I'd really be hapless!

But one of my main questions is: why does the plane seem to nose dive into the grown for no apparent reason? I'm just giving it throttle and it suddenly jerks downward, I must be doing something wrong here.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:01 AM

mission was a pain in the azz took me a while to pass/beat.

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:11 AM Edited by NCONiall, 23 July 2011 - 11:16 AM.

QUOTE (TheCacti @ Saturday, Jul 23 2011, 02:45)
W and S? so there are two different throttles or something?

I feel stuck having to use the mouse to shoot, because I've become so accustomed to it, that I can't imagine having to learn a whole near button scheme, then I'd really be hapless!

But one of my main questions is: why does the plane seem to nose dive into the grown for no apparent reason? I'm just giving it throttle and it suddenly jerks downward, I must be doing something wrong here.

Maybe you have the "Fly with Mouse" setting enabled so when you try to pan the camera around with your mouse it causes the plane to nose dive. As for the throttles yeah W increases your throttle and S decreases throttle.

You could learn to fly with the mouse but I found it really difficult and went with my own little control scheme, try what I said above though it's easier to use than you think it is. wink.gif

Basically when you start the missions hold down W then press down on the arrow keys(not too much though or you'll end up doing a loop-the-loop) and when you airborne keep holding W and use the left and right arrow keys to steer, only hold S when you're close to one of the vans so you can get low enough to shoot them, holding it too long though will cause you to stall.

I played San Andreas to 100% the other day and I finished this mission on the first go with that control scheme, give it a whirl. smile.gif

cactus.
  • cactus.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:14 PM Edited by TheCacti, 23 July 2011 - 06:47 PM.

Will do, man. Thanks for the coaching! I'll edit this post later to tell you how frustrated I became and how I quit! haha

edit: you were exactly right about the "Fly with Mouse" setting; it's the reason I was having such difficulty controlling the mini plane. But once turned off, while it was still a lil difficult to control, it was much better, and I actually completed the mission on the first attempt tounge.gif I was fretting about this mission because of all the comments I found online regarded it as one of the most difficult missions. But without a time limit, it's not so bad.

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:19 PM

Good work! Yeah it's not as hard as everyone thinks it is, I found much more challenging missions in SA. And once you get used to those controls flying becomes really fun. smile.gif

Nervesplitter
  • Nervesplitter

Brony

• Members

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:14 AM

done this in one go twice, but before that I flew around with stunt planes loads so I was used to the annoying "argh the back won't do anything! *boom*"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users