What a hard mission, eh? Rock solid at first, but quite simple when you actually complete it.
Things to consider!
- There are 3 vans, 1 Sanchez and 1 courier on a BMX.
- 2 vans and 1 Sanchez are bullet-sensitive. This is described and mentioned in the guide.
- The plane is very hard to control. Itís best to use the L2 & R2 buttons to turn and the left analog to dive and sharp turn. Although, sharp turning is NOT recommended with this Bandit.
- The RC Bandit isnít very tough. If you crash too much or get shot many times, itíll blow. Then itís mission failed.
- Flying and shooting at the same time are difficult. Especially when chasing the enemy. Not recommended.
- When using the analog stick to control the Bandits turns, use it softly. Pushing it up/down/left/right straight away can cause bad results. Itís safer to use it softly.
- Itís easy to mess up in the Bandit as it handles awfully. You can spend a long time on the floor, just twisting around trying to get a run up to lift off of the floor. Itís get annoying after a while because it wastes fuel.
- Keep your head on. Youíll probably get very stressed at this mission. I did. Just keep trying and after around 10 tries, sit and cool down. While youíre cooling down, think of ways of how you can do better and which blips to go for (Iíd recommend using the ones in this guide though).
- Try your best. Youíll do it eventually.
- When you start, donít go North. Go towards the van behind you but DONíT target courier first. Get the BMX going down the other road.
- Start to shoot the guy on the BMX. When heís on the BMX, heís invincible. Wait for him to jump off then kill him. Easy.
- Turn around and go after the first van (the one you flew past to get at the guy on the BMX). Itís quite hard to turn in the Bandit in the tight street space but if you canít do that, land and turn on the floor until youíre in the right position.
- Now that youíre out of the street and on the vans tail, you can either land right behind the van and shoot it or shoot it from above. The driver jumps out and falls flat on his face, blast him. Note: You don't need to blow up the van when the courier is dead. Just kill the courier.
- Now that the courier is dead, go after the next van. Itís about two blocks away. Fly through the streets or over the buildings. Which ever you prefer.
- When you reach the van, make sure you donít land or fly in front of it. Heíll spot you and drive away at high speed. Instead, land behind the van, go right up close (so youíre under the bumper) and start blasting. Of course, if you stayed there while you shoot the van, youíd get blown up when the van does. Reverse away from the vehicle (keep shooting). Make sure youíre going in a straight line though, you donít want to start swerving out of control and losing the van because if it doesnít get blown up fast, itíll drive away, quickly. Itís best to do this on corners or at traffic lights but seeing as they drive relatively slow (when they donít know youíre there) youíll be ok.
- 3 down! 2 to go! Fly up, turn around and head North. Make sure youíre high enough so you can evade most buildings so you 1) Donít have to make a sudden jolt upwards to avoid smashing into a wall, 2) Donít have to weave in and out of streets and 3) Saves fuel and you keep a constant speed so youíre using your fuel efficiently.
- Go to the nearest red blip. Itís usually the Sanchez. The Sanchez is the off-road motorcycle and is bullet-sensitive. What I mean is that if you fire even ONE bullet in its direction whether it hits or not, itíll speed away. This Sanchez has two people on. A driver and a gunner. Watch out for the gunner because the Bandit can blow up VERY easily. It is very frustrating, believe me.
- The Sanchez is in an area where there are traffic lights. Nearly every time I arrived, they were waiting at traffic lights, PERFECT.
- Make sure they donít see you and land behind them. Go up close, but not right up to the back wheel and commence shooting. As you know, Sanchezís can pelt away pretty quick, but this one doesnít. Youíve got like a 2-4 second time gap before it gathers its momentum and pulls away. USE IT. Stay stationary and fire at the bike. If it moves a little, press L2 or R2 to follow it. DONíT USE LEFT ANALOG!! If you time your shooting right, position correctly and donít worry, youíll have it sorted.
- 4 down! 1 to go! This van is quite a way away. Donít worry though, I was at just over Ĺ a tank of fuel at this point. If youíve got that amount, donít get frustrated. If youíre under Ĺ or just hitting it, you can't really mess up from this point.
- Fly down the street and pick up altitude so you can fly over the buildings below. It saves time, fuel and worrying about hitting buildings and dodging obstacles. Youíll notice that the next red blip is about 3-4 blocks away.
- When you arrive at the area that the van is in, do what you did to the other vans. Park up behind it, under the bumper. This is a van that if you donít blow it up fast, itíll drive away at top speed and youíve got little chance of blowing it up. So, if it gets away, mission failed. Try again. Even if the plane was fast enough, youíve got the fuel and handling to worry about. Itís a shame that they donít work hand in hand, isnít it? The handlingís terrible, the speed's average and the gas mileage is absolutely crap!
- Anyway, when youíre parked behind the van or trailing it (on the road, not in the air), shoot it. If youíre up close, back away but KEEP SHOOTING. Itíll eventually blow up. If it does make an attempt to get away and youíre confident in your flying skills, follow it and shoot. But I wouldnít recommend it. Youíll be wasting fuel. Also, the planes bullet range is from close-medium so you can stay still for a few seconds when its moving and your bullets still have a chance to hit it.
- If you wasted the van, youíll hear Zero say something like, ďYeah! No more couriers. Bring the plane back in one pieceĒ by now youíre thinking, "OMFG! I have to fly ALL the way back!!" Well, yes you do. But itís easy. Youíve got to get to Zeroís roof which is about 3 minutes fly away. When I was at this stage (after killing the last courier), i had about 2/5 (1/4) of my fuel left. I thought I wasnít going to make it, but I did. Youíll make it too if you follow these instructions.
- Fly up and over the buildings and buzz your way towards the blip. To increase speed, fly high up in the air then make a gradual dive towards the ground. Youíll hear the planes buzz get louder. Only attempt this when youíre really high. Just in case you lose control and plummet down, youíve got reaction time. If you fly over the construction yard, youíre going in the same route as me. If not, don't worry just make sure you've got enough fuel to get back! When you get nearer the marker, youíll see it atop of Zeroís shop. You have to land there. Heíll say something like, ďLand it on the roofĒ and the marker disappears! ďOMFG!Ē You might think but it comes back when heís finished talking. No worries.
- When you land, it says you earn $5000, and Respect +.
- Congratulations if you completed it! Iím sure you will. If the guide doesnít work first time, work with it and if some parts arenít suitable to your situation, change them around so it works with you, not against you.
If you have suggestions or comments on the guide and the tips in this post, please share them.
Member Tips! (Worth a look!)
GTARyan - Great map!
CLICK HERE FOR MAP
|Couple of things to note. The timings should be evident from the colours used as to when the couriers arrive at any shared junctions, (normally staggered by a couple of mins, how convinient. |
Each colour represents 2 minutes of game time, I stopped after 10 mins (Hrs) as they were spreading out & I assumed you'de have run out of fuel by this point.
Please let me know if this is accurate and/or helped you out. Also another thing to note Courier 4 appeared to get stuck on what looked like the freeway onramp when i did this, not sure if that happens all the time.