[WIP]Road Warrior Mod For San Andreas

1,090 replies to this topic
Generz
  • Generz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (choofa @ Mar 10 2005, 12:03)
Shiii where did you find those awsum ref pics? wana find some of the sorceror for me? please biggrin.gif

=Ch00fA=

Is there any way you can mod the game so that you can always drive around in the desert? ha ha ha...

Alright Choofa, I'm not certain which car you refer to as the Sorceror...

Might that be this car? it is a Ford Landau They are very similar to a Falcon XB, except for the front sheet metal. It was marketed under the LTD line, so it had a different interior w/luxury accessories and such... popup headlights (the modified one for the movie didn't have them anymore) and different tail lights...

user posted image

Ih that is the car, here are some good pics of a very accurate replica of it that are better than any screen shots one could get from the film:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

choofa
  • choofa

Dance onn Cocaiin.. LSD.. XTC!!

• Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:47 PM

umm no bro thats not it all i have to say to that car is "Damn look at what those yanks did to my car tounge.gif " , its a heavaly modified hj ute, heres 2 pics that i have:
user posted image
user posted image

T-808
  • T-808

Road Warrior mod until it's Done!

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2005 - 03:13 AM

lmao the landau was being made by c.j. but he had to stop so i'm doign the detail work...she's watign for an engine and a few other parts not to mention the damage has yet to be done.

as for the desert all the time well were workign on looking at scenery but where not goign to crap ourelves on the major detials yet...personaly were are not there yet me and quicksilver are the only ones making the cars and trucks right now and it's kinda hard to do all of them at a fast pace but we do hvae some misison coders on board and were lookinging into scenery.

Generz
  • Generz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 March 2005 - 12:16 PM

ahhh, that's that hotrodded car from the first MM for about 30 seconds... I had thought y'all were totally sticking to doing Road Warrior cars...

uh, so I guess that means there will be a yellow/red/blue interceptor, no? colgate.gif inlove.gif

Sorry Choofa, those are the best pics of the sorceror i've seen.

oh, and the Holden Sandman model in your photobucket looks awesome.

choofa
  • choofa

• Members

Posted 11 March 2005 - 01:28 PM

no probs mate and its all road worrier mod, in Australia the first movie is road worrier, kind of gay ay?

=Ch00fA

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 11 March 2005 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (choofa @ Mar 11 2005, 14:28)
no probs mate and its all road worrier mod, in Australia the first movie is road worrier, kind of gay ay?

=Ch00fA

what on earth are you talking about?

Generz
  • Generz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 March 2005 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (choofa @ Mar 11 2005, 13:28)

=Ch00fA

That's kind of odd... in the US, commonly Road Warrior (1982) is the first movie that people know about, but it was definitely released after Mad Max (1979)

I was told that in Aus, the second fim was released as Aussy titled "Mad Max 2"... and in the US, simply "The Road Warrior". It wouldn't make any sense at all to have MM2 first and MM second story wise.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0082694/

very strange and gay indeed ;-]

Are y'all going to make any of the vehicles from Beyond Thunder Dome?

user posted image

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2005 - 04:21 AM Edited by T-808, 12 March 2005 - 04:30 PM.

QUOTE (Generz @ Mar 11 2005, 12:16)
ahhh, that's that hotrodded car from the first MM for about 30 seconds... I had thought y'all were totally sticking to doing Road Warrior cars...

uh, so I guess that means there will be a yellow/red/blue interceptor, no?  colgate.gif   inlove.gif

Sorry Choofa, those are the best pics of the sorceror i've seen. 

oh, and the Holden Sandman model in your photobucket looks awesome.

okay right now i'm back and forth between this mod,my gun factory ,which i recently reopened (modeling guns so i don't lose anyone here.) and a shadow works project that won't likely be revelied until this porject is done...but if all the element of this shadow project come together you should all be very pleased.

now onto the questions at hand this is a "mad max/road warrior mod."

meaning yes some of the cars and some of the scenery from mad max will be done. for those like the esteemed generz who are curious the great vice city mad max modeler ganjcia has genriouly donated his mad max interceptor,mad max mfp interceptor and the bigg bopper.

the mfp crusiers will go in game but i'm still giving augh a chance to make his interceptor from mad max.

the road warrior one is an off shoot of ganjcias model and is almsot ready to go beta thanks to quicsilver who made a better version then i did right under my nose. so go to ganjcias site to see what the cars look like in vice cause they should be a stright convertion to sa (we hope)

so yes we will have the red ,yellow .white and blue cars in sa.

thunder dome is not a fan favortie and not one of mine but i see potential to do jebadiahs air plane as well as the monster truck from thunder dome but basicaly that is all we are willing to do for now....i mean hell the cars of just these two movies is killing us but we're all working really hard to get this mod together so that when tools and the game come out we can just convert everything over.

so that should i hope clear things up we are doign amd max 1 and 2 and some maybe of 3 for now.

ed: interceptor is now beta and ready to go to the tech crew roon.

92F
  • 92F

Gangsta

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 March 2005 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (T-808 @ Feb 20 2005, 17:44)
@92f :yup still added under the mad max section...only change to the line up weapon wise is that quicksilver will now be doing the sawed off since his handle was alot prettier mesh wise then mine was so i felt his was better for in game thus he got that one instead of mine.

@jellar and your right jellar that's the same manoro alright and yes they filmed the garage before the opening otherwise that pusuit specil in the garage would have been totaled if they did it after. and seeing as how the police rancher is one 2 door it fits perfectly with the manoro with sirens being the red country police vehicle. only loss will the tbe police ranchers 4x4 ability but i think once you are driving long the country side only to see the pursit specai with sirens running down a perp it will be like the unseen things of the world of mad max...before the wastelands.

see the country side to sone extent has alot of places that look alot like melborne (where max 1 was filmed.) thus with a few sighs put up and a decal or two on some of the roads you'll feel right at home chasing after...or being chased in the night rider manoro

Think you misunderstood me. The python i made was originally max's from the first movie.

You can use the same python and put the scope you made onto it to make the Lord Humungous revolver wink.gif

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:10 PM

no i got that much 92f and i thank you very much for the offer cause it is a nice gun but this is one of the few guns i really want to do myself is all and i'm almost done with it. but thank you for the offer my friend.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:59 PM Edited by T-808, 03 May 2005 - 01:58 PM.

well work continues but even i need a break now and then to clear my head and to stop from hating mad max....so i have been making great strides working on "other " things. but don't worry i still do things here and there for the project and my other work can only imporve the models i do for this mod.

so enough rambling. i done a bit of work restarting the humungus truck but all i have right now is the back tanks done. not very exciting. but i can show you what i spent all the time on it i could last night.

so here she the first shot at a completely rebuilt lord humungus pistol so that the release will be completey scratch built.

i worked hard into the night getting it all together and then i found the darn normals troubles on the handle so meh i'll have it fixed by tonight then i have to reposition eveything even the orginal sight i made was not quite alined...but all will be fixed and sent off to the skinners.

take care all.

image removed to save bandwidth

Generz
  • Generz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 March 2005 - 04:08 AM

ha ha, yeah, Thunderdome was a big stinking Holywooded pile of poop in my opinion. I personally refuse to buy a copy of it... (but I have hope for "Thunder Road"- the rumored MM4) but a couple of the MM3 vehicles are interesting...

FYI, in case you didn't know, one of the cars in Thunderdome was literally the Lone Wolf/Pappagallo's car with a big goofy cover on it.

user posted image user posted image user posted image

in Thunderdome

user posted image

not that this is a big star car from Thunderdome, but it would be one of the simpler ones for y'all to do since you already have Papagalo's MM2 car made.

just my humble suggetion smile.gif

Again, I have to say Awesome work!! I can't wait to see the final product!

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2005 - 01:00 AM Edited by T-808, 30 March 2006 - 11:27 PM.

i've done it i've friggin' done it....i finaly mastered that one peice and got a model rolling agian after 25 friggin tries i done it (start foaming at the mouth.... muahahahahahahahaha....(it goes on and on like that for 25 full minutes before the men in white came and draged me away.)

as most of you know the mack trucks hood assembly has been the bane of my existence for some time now. finaly last night i had an epiphiny....it may not be as porfessional but why not model the main hood separate from the headlight housing/wheel well. so i did and poof the hood is basicly done.

i need to basicaly cut ope nthe roof ot the hood and make a hood on the main hood cause that it how san andreas did their mack truck wannabes...i got some cabin tweaking to do...then a few details on the outside...got the inside to make ,wheels and then finaly my favotire part of the model. the bumper grile a.k.a. the "kangaroo catcher." which will come in 2 style armored and prearmored...plus one more grille for a rubber duck model i promised my friend (from the movie convoy ask your parents.)

so here she is starting to look like the real thing and i am so happy i finaly got it done and can get this model finished cause really for me the hood has been the biggest pain...it's mostl y down hill form here.

images removed due to bandwidth

goign to work to finsih the model now.

so more to come stay tuned.

Kraxxuz
  • Kraxxuz

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 March 2005 - 05:10 AM

great work my friend, although i have already seen it tounge.gif I am Kraxxuz, before me you shall tremble!

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2005 - 12:40 AM Edited by T-808, 03 May 2005 - 02:02 PM.

we're rolling on this model. got the hood's top liberated and scopped out the insides of the hood but still more work to be done in that area.

started reshaping and resizing the cab as it was not quiet right and the "sun shade cover" for the cab is a few verts short but i am likely to keep it i know how i can move a few to make up the difference.

got the windsheild made and placed i have an idea for when you damage do the whidow which includes cutting out one paign of glass on the driver side to make it look like how the mack got damaged getting her to the compound.

what you don't see yet is the door handels and the keyhole which i just finised last night as a lasting detail. so still more work to be done but things are going well very well as i said they would...weather that last will remain to be seen lol but i'm happy with how it is coming together so far.

got my dvd a month ago so i'm going to take shots and closer look at the thing in the middle on top of the cab cause i have no idea what it is or what id does or if it was just glued on by the art department.

otherwise tonight will be lights cab refinement an or replacment as well as i hope to get the cabs inside done along with refining the inside of the hood assembly. thursday night i hope to get the wheels done so that i can finaly move on to the one detail i am dying to get to ...the "kangaroo cather grille." so have a look see into the progress and we'll see what i can get done tonight.

and the hood as it will be undangamed

ps yes i know about how the cab meets the hood is not 100% the grey of the cab peeaks out that was also fixed post renders.

so enjoy the eye candy as i work hard tonight as well.

Kraxxuz
  • Kraxxuz

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 March 2005 - 12:43 AM

great as man, excellent detail!I am Kraxxuz, before me you shall tremble!

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2005 - 04:06 PM Edited by T-808, 03 May 2005 - 02:03 PM.

got osme work on the mack done as i foudn a second model that was converted as a dumptruck over for vice city. it had better runnign lights for the cab ones mroe suited the the actual model and time period. also has some better detailing inside the cab as well as for the inner doors.

so using the second model for some of the better details i started on the top of the cab as well as the inside of the cab. also thsi mack model has a real mack engine inside i think i might have to make a lower poly version btu i now knwo one thign for sure....i never want to service a mack truck engine lol. but here is what i got done in the small time i had last night.

i might nix the inner handled and window roller handel but they look nice enouhg. alos noted changed in the armored version of them ack is that the passenger seat seems to be removed for the battle scene in the end goign to do the same thing for the armored version in san andreas.

also got the lord humungus scoped gun (quicksilver says there is no way that it is a .44 magnum so i'll leave off till i know more.) but there is a somewhat hard to see crease that jsut won't go way nno matter how i move it tis way and that so looks liek i need to redo it another way or try vert welding. but here is how she looks so far. scratch built from the ground up.

aslo updated the scopes endes so they are a little more scope less tube.

Kraxxuz
  • Kraxxuz

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 12:28 AM

Great work, this is one great truck, cant wait for it in San
I am Kraxxuz, before me you shall tremble!

choofa
  • choofa

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:49 AM

That is f*ckin sick mate! I can't wait for in-game pictures or to try it myself colgate.gif I havn't been able to get any work done on the sorceror because I have been working on my BMX and my Skatepark and also I think I might have to styart it from scratch instead of converting the Sandman. I lost the sandman so now I have like an older model of it and yeah, maybe I might convert that still but umm I don't know anyways enough blabber and yea getting back to my modeling catch, keep on modeling that truck T-808 wink.gif catch.

=Ch00fA=

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:33 PM Edited by T-808, 03 May 2005 - 02:05 PM.

well after talking to my number two guy on the mod he told me that it was utterly stupid to do the hood the sa way (his words i swear lol.) but after thinking about it and consulting with another mack r 600 model i found for vice (which was a trash truck and a dump truck mod.)

i realized the hood could be done realisticaly meaning the front end could be the hood like the real truck is and could still work in-game.

so i am taking the hood in a new direction and got her patched up as one full hood again. when it comes time to do damage the damage will be the whole hood.

now hinging is the only thing i need ot figure out but i pormise to try my best to make it hinge to the front of the frame correctly.

also put in some preliminary wheels the front are pretty accurate but the back i am not 100% on i have only a few motion blured screens of the back wheels to go on but i have my son trucking book as well so i have done them the best of my ability reference wise. more to come for sure.

hood's new direction.

note:the headlights,light housing,grille,and indicator lights are not permanently mounted onto the hood yet just how i am doing it before i get posts about how soemthing flaoting near the hood.

a look at the wheels...darn omni lighting doesn't like showing off the detail when looking forward so i did a second shot.

soul_courageous
  • soul_courageous

My sig works TA

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:11 AM

Whooooo dude... I WANT SA just ta be able to install that truck, your doing a fantastic job, glad you did the bonnet (english for hood lol) the right way looked weird b4.

Also I sent you an email, Sorry I aint been on msn l8ly dude.. Works got me doing 11 hour shifts now sigh.gif and im on nights atm.. sleepy.gif need sleep

Kraxxuz
  • Kraxxuz

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:26 AM

I like the bonnet ( Australian too smile.gif ) looks cool, excellent modding my good friend, keep it up smile.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 30 March 2005 - 05:01 PM Edited by ashdexx, 30 March 2005 - 05:09 PM.

/* i told a couple ppl; ill bring you all up to speed. my backup drive got erased, and i lost a TON of work (25gb to be exact), including the bit i had done for this. So here's my scenario; the police car that i had a bit done on, is gone, and i don't have time to start it again. Therefore, im out of the modelling part of this. Sorry, but i just dont have time to do the work AGAIN, from scratch.

i can still work my magic doing beta testing though, since it doesn't take weeks. ill edit this post in a bit with what i had on the vehicles i was testing before.

my apologies for the inconveniences, best of luck with the rest of the mod though smile.gif

edit: btw t-808, im diggin that mack model, but for the wheels there might be an issue. near as i can tell, SA uses one model, and duplicates it 4 (or 6 for semis) times for the entire vehicle, so it most likely won't be possible to have a separate "dually"-style wheel for the back of the tractor. just something to keep in mind when making the final rims, the wheel model, preferably your front wheel, will probably be used for the whole vehicle. */

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2005 - 02:58 AM Edited by T-808, 25 April 2005 - 11:07 PM.

@ashedexx....you are probably right on that one so we would have to rethink them i need to do some tweaking on them anyways so okay then i'll bing them all up to be one rim good to know thanks. as for the cop car i understand completley no porblems there on that one so no harm no foul what we need most is beta testing so in a way it's a god (no religious jsut an old habit before we get off on some rediculios rant.)send.

@ everyone one else well i am glade you are feeling the new hood style thank augh for strightening me out on it. i have a pretty realist mack engine that i can model off of and likely will model off of it so that the hood coming off won't just show that box. besides rockstar is bumping up the poly count on their cars that is good news if i want to do a semi relaistic engine.

bringing everyone up to speed on my work. i have a preliminary interrior laid in but i'm just no sure about it so far and there is more work to be done on it but what is below is what i got done so far. looked at more screens i took long ago and relaise that my original door handels were correct and the newer handes were not 1979 model like in road wariror aka mad max 2. so i switched 'em back.

works not shown are the bulldog.....the next bane in my side is the bull dog even working low poly he is a bitch to do but i managed the get the base,front legs,back legs,and main body done now i need to do the head and she will be ready to be moutned....onto the truck.

once the wheels are sorted out and interrior finished i can go througth and do that one detail i keep saying is and well it is my favorite part of the truck.

oops...i almost forgot. the mysterious box in the middle of the cab on top of the ab roof is said to be likely an air conditioning unit back in 1960 they moutned them on top of the cab until they were later integrated into the heating system of the engine in later models so i'm still looking for refs to get it right but for now it is done as i can get it done. i wrote to mack and am just waiting confirmation as to what it is exactly.

so here is the look of the interior...my first ever interrior looks simular to the one main ref i have of when the door gets ripped off the rig during the last chase scene. (note the passenger seat in the armored rig seems to have been taken out thus the armoerd version will be the same.)

and the door handels.

once the main details are finisehd then > mesh clean up > damage parts > adding in dummies and final check > beta >skinning > wait for sa to convert over.

choofa
  • choofa

• Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:05 AM

That interior isn't that crap like you said on msn T-808, It is actialy quite good, I like it, just need to do the dash and some foot pedals and it would look even better wink.gif .

=Ch00fA=

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2005 - 11:20 PM Edited by T-808, 03 May 2005 - 01:52 PM.

well i was sorting throught some files and doing some work last night and i had an idea. looking at the date i announced the mod vs todays date i see we are just 5 days out from our 6 month anniversary!

so as a sorta happy half anneversary i decided to show you the mod as far as my work has gone. one or two models are not shown but i have something you all should like.

a visual guid to the mod so far.

snake truck

the red xa

wez bike

rw interceptor

newer model not rendered yet

the mack

the lord humungus pistol

lord humungus truck rampage_ani.gif new rampage_ani.gif

gyrocopter

porgress not rendered yet basic fame work done.

so happy 6 months despite set backs we have made it a long way and were still here.

and yes i was about to throw out my old humungus truck when i looked at the refs and figured out how to start working on it again so there she is the progress i got done last night.

more work to come but no april 1st post i promise you form me.

RainingAcid
  • RainingAcid

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 March 2005 - 11:24 PM

I'm looking for airplane mods when SA comes out=P. Nice little mod you got going here.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:28 AM Edited by T-808, 01 April 2005 - 01:40 AM.

some of my uk friends say they can't see the images so i'm doing so image shack just in case.

the hunungus truck rampage_ani.gif new rampage_ani.gif

user posted image

user posted image

wez bike

user posted image

user posted image

red xa coupe

user posted image

side shot

mack

user posted image

landau

user posted image

user posted image

humungus gun

user posted image

side shot

snake truck

user posted image

sidetopdownshot

gyrocpter,the new interceptor for road warrior and the shotgun not shown not rendered.

Newbie41
  • Newbie41

/ -Adio- \

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:37 AM

i cant see any of those images or your avatar... tounge2.gif

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:50 AM

i can see both posts.....but the second post is the one everyone esle seems to see so worry about the socond post i did using image shack. otherwse i don't kwow what to say some psot work for me some work for my firneds in the uk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users