Photo

[WIP]Road Warrior Mod For San Andreas

1,089 replies to this topic
T-808
  • T-808

Road Warrior mod until it's Done!

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2005 - 11:51 PM Edited by T-808, 03 March 2005 - 12:05 AM.

well well wasn't sure i'd be able to do it (bad bad seasonal allergies.)
but i mananged to patch up the mesh.

then the project hit a little snag...just when it was going so well. it seem the mesh body has a sentimental attatchment to those two glass shards i accidently left when i cleaned out the back windsheild.
i say this cause every time i isiolated the verts of the shards,detached them and then delteted the liberated shards...stange things stared happening to the mesh.
i mean the mesh itself was fine but eveyrthing was tranparents all of the sudden...well sorta...i could see the colors of the mesh model but i could see throught all the walls and everything... the mesh litterly went ghost on me. (no shots of that wasn't sure i coudl capture it.)

so i had to go back to the drawing baord as i had no idea how this happened and the mesh over all look would be compormised if the shards stayed so i did the only thing a modeler of my skill could do. till i figureo ut why it is happenign all ican do is collapse it in on itself to that is seems invisible. that works for now but will be addressed at a leater date.
'
well now shots of what you all been wating to see. shots of the auxillary tank work. i did alot of work and then realized the screenshots told me nothing really so thanks to augh i knwo that the tanks used are double decker gas tanks lol. so i'm off to go find decent shots of them.

other then that i will work tonight as much as i can but tomarrow night i'm off cause it will be my birthday tomarrow (feburary 1st.)

trivia: feburary 1st is also the birthday of brandon lee....who's last movie "the crow" is one of t-808's all tiem favorite movies.

okay okay on to the shots of the prelimanary tanks.

ed: images removed for band width

after i get the tanks done then i need to do the leafsprings and axel clamps then it's on to the funn stuff. wiring up the bobby trap and placing the sheithed knife muahahahahahahahaha.

also little things i did last night were cabin clean up....as i forgot max tore out his siren and the radio dispatch box on the celing of his car so i did the same.

but i'm debating over ripping out the passenger seat,patchigng the shoel that will creat and makign a custom bucket seat that would go on the paasendger side door inside. it's a small detail but would add authenticity to the car itself. we'll see well otherwise i'm off to find those tanks.

Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:51 AM

lookin good man.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2005 - 03:06 PM Edited by T-808, 03 March 2005 - 12:06 AM.

well now been a while with no word hasn't it. well against my better judgment i spent a large chunk of time last night on the car.

i had to do alot of deteltign and reimportign of parts from zmodler as the truncated names confussed max alot....resultign in a duplication of some parts and out right deletion of others...or so i thought.

turns out that max did what it thoguht was right ie: bonnet_hi_ok and bonnet_hi_dam became just bonnet_hi when truncated by exporting the file from zmod. when i open that file in max, max just took the first and thoguht it was the only one since the bonnet_hi_dam was now also bonnet_hi and made it both files. and the two objects became one entity.

suddenly when i was messing around with the "gta 3 io plugin" (one sent to me for importign player model .dff files withotu their bones.)when all the sudden i imported a car .dff directly into max!!!! it had all the file names right and no duplication of parts!!!!

so what does this have to do with anything???? i means if and when i do mroe mods i don't need zmodeler messign up the models with it's stupid truncation i can now import whole models and not have to worry abotu mess ups due to zmodelr truncatign names. it means i can import what was worng with ganjicias models and when i render then it will look so much better.

what was that??? oh yeah work i did some first i fixed the "nipple" porblem on those gas tanks.

also i made the gas cans and the boxes of "dinnki-di" dog food "which tuns out is not a real brand of dog food it was an inside aussie joke kennedy made up for the movie.

side shot (minus gas cans)

and finaly ...huston we have leaf springs....weather to save poly or jsut plum forgot ganjcia, as wonderful a modeler as he is, forgot the leaf springs so ...using the "augh " pattened method...i rippedo ut aughs leaf springs fro mhis falcon and used them for refrence to model my own. once they are fitted right then i'll render them on the car for everyone.

so now gotta wire up the booby trap place the bowie knife under the car and then debate weather to go with rippign out the passenger seat liek in them ovie and moutnign that bucket seat on the passenger side door or not.

but the .dff importer that works for max is a bigger step that will in the end help the porject since zmod has that little hickup. enjoy the shots and i'll keep toilign away.

vnum218
  • vnum218

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:53 PM

looking sweet T-808

I'm sure you're aware of this tiny problem, but that tire you have stuck on the aux gastanks in the back appears to be clipping through the body of the car.</constructive criticism>

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2005 - 12:13 AM

no offense taken vnum218 i'm always welcome to constuctive critisisum so no explination needed....i'll have to look at it in max again as i did my best to make sure it wasn't clipping but liekye it is so well thanks for poitnign that out i'll fix it before i move on to the booby trap and other small details. thansk for the extra set of eyes.

gtamadness_matt
  • gtamadness_matt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 February 2005 - 12:29 AM

devil.gif devil.gif
Good idea. But moding SA early isn't the best Idea. What if thinks change. It mighnt be the same as GTAVC

user posted image

gtamadness_matt
  • gtamadness_matt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 February 2005 - 12:31 AM

I have to say there are some nice pics here of the cars can't wait to see them!
user posted image

Augh
  • Augh

Unspoiled by progress

• Members

Posted 04 February 2005 - 01:07 PM Edited by Augh, 04 February 2005 - 01:10 PM.

QUOTE (gtamadness_matt @ Feb 4 2005, 00:29)
devil.gif   devil.gif
Good idea. But moding SA early isn't the best Idea. What if thinks change. It mighnt be the same as GTAVC

user posted image

Please find some literature on the realistic investment of time and effort in a game model dude, your statement is too wrong to even know where to start. notify.gif Probably it would be safe to say that the various VC based "large mod" projects are rather past their time. Look to the future wink.gif

rampage_ani.gif

Ed: Uhh 808. I sent you that plugin for dealing with vehicle models, that's why I said "this is for any boneless models, it handles vehicles essentially". That's what it is for wink.gif

Truncated names = Die. Never again rampage_ani.gif

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2005 - 03:09 PM Edited by T-808, 03 March 2005 - 12:07 AM.

double header coming at ya. not only did i solve the tire clipping problem but managed to work hard on the placment of the leaf springs.

but that's not all muhahahahahah that is far from all i have restarted the dred project to end all projects...the on vehicle people want to see over all. yes ladies and gentalmen i have succssefuly restarted the mack truck. she may not look like much but this is a big step since max kept crashing on me when i was modeling using this model for refrence.

but as you will see it is starting to pay off.

clipping of the tires solved....now the tanks are clipping lol (next on my list.)

leaf springs anyone?

yes i know there is clipping there too that will be addressed at a later date right now i'm trying to finsih up the basic detail work then the mesh clean up full on begins.

now here she is the begining of what will be the truck of trucks i give you the mack frame.

back axel(s) assembly minus airbrake tanks done.

for those of you saying "but that's not much of anything come back when yo ugot us something to get all tingly about...you obviously have no idea what it has taken just to get this far on the mack....it may not look it but this is a major achievement on the m ck and will lead to a completely underframe on which tanks,wheels, and the rigs cabin will be mount. the mack can only get better from here.

soul_courageous
  • soul_courageous

My sig works TA

• Members

Posted 04 February 2005 - 07:03 PM

Dude that is one badass car I cant ait to see the finnished result

Kraxxuz
  • Kraxxuz

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:27 PM

WOW, that car has tonnes of detail! This mod is definantly going into my San An, once i finish it that is tounge.gif

Quicksilver GT
  • Quicksilver GT

"yo i might be retarded but im not stupid"

• Members

Posted 05 February 2005 - 04:05 AM

nice car so far dude, uhh are we gonna have and actual fu*ked up interceptor as a map mod , like a wreck down a hill in bone county or sum sh*t in the desert?

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:12 PM Edited by T-808, 03 May 2005 - 02:13 PM.

wow i never excepted this to get a few "must downlaod" comments already but thank you it makes the hard work i and soem of the crew of have done jsut that much more worth it. we are workign hard to make this one a must for road warrior fans...soemthing that if you don't down load it you will be branded a loser for the rest of your life.....or something like that.

now on to more serious matters. the interceptor is still beign workied on but not much was done last night on that front. but for the mack fans (all 3 of you.) i m more then happy to annoucne the underfame is done. like done done...she needs the air brake canister in back and the gas tanks and the back wheel covers (pre-aromor for now.)

then i can get back to cabin refine ment as the rest of the truck will be pretty much done by then (minus the wheels which are next after the gas tanks and all.)

so here is the veiw of the underframe with trialer hitch and ...yes that block thing is the engine until i can find (or somone can supply me) with an actual r600 engine otherwise i'm not sweating it as this engine worked for the model i am useing as refrence.

the underframe in all her glory

image removed to save bandwidth

so this is big for me as i was not doign as well and had crashign problems when i first attmepted to get the underfeame done but now that ,that is all sorted out the mack is coming together. more news when i have it enjoy the wip's.

ed: thanks are all done so is the back wheel gaurds and the exhaust pipes. so far she is pushing 9k which is great. so nothign left to do but the cab,hood,wheels and the "kangaroo cather" grille. here she is. i aloso did the side mirrors but i haven't rendered them yet the dog is giving me alittle troubel biu i'll figure it out sooner or later.

so the mack is almsot done and will be done in 3 versions....2 movie versions and one just regular mack r600 whcih i hope to get skinned in differnet ways so that the mack lovers out there will have more then jsut hte raod warrior mack to drive aroudn in.

here was the work finished last night:

the work i have done in total together:

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 06 February 2005 - 07:10 PM

You need to fix the exhaust, both for technical and movie authenticity.

1: in real life, noone with a bit of technical knowledge would build the exhaust that way. tounge.gif that bend is the biggest giveaway

2: in the movie, they had straight pipes with glass pack mufflers. (pic)

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2005 - 07:31 PM

dear jillar...which bend are you tlaking about the one in the middle or the bends up top cause if you mean up top then you a sadly saldy mistaken.....the exhuast pipes used where nothing stright they are called ausstralian "long horn" pipes. as not only has mack told me this but aslo the many many thousands of "movie screen caps." i have from both my library,the net and my friends.

as for how it hooks up to the engine...i have no tech shots of that i am working to the best of what the net shows and mack was unable to give me engine shots and how a desil works. plus in game the game engine doesn't care if what is created techincaly works. the model i am working off of was for another game called "18 wheeler pedal to the metal."

i am working for authentisty but i am also workign for poly limits as well not everythig nwill be hooked up the way hard core mack fans might obsess abotu but she will work and work hard.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:17 PM

i'm not talking about the headers (the bits and bobs that attach to the engine.), nor the zoomies (the tail pipes), but the exhaust system itself.

user posted image

red = mufflers

pink = bends that would restrict exhaust flow on a real vehicle

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:23 PM

ohhhh okay see you talking about the interceptor not the mack otherwise you'd be wrong if talking about the mack truck. in the future would be helpful if you said which vehicle as i been posting mostly work on the mack.

anyways the pipes aren't bent in a way that is helpful to the leaf springs....these are the pipes from the original auther and the lasfspring/pipe problem will have to be addressed at a later date as i am busy on both it and the mack. but that is helpful and i do think the author was in error on the pipes.

so thanks for pointing it out it isll be addresed but that much wasn't my original doing as much as i wihsi could model like ganjcia.

-MrMopar
  • -MrMopar

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 February 2005 - 05:13 PM

1: in real life, noone with a bit of technical knowledge would build the exhaust that way.  that bend is the biggest giveaway

If you have "straight pipes" you dont have any mufflers you dumbass, just because "Glass Packs" has a "straight through core" doesnt mean that the pipes are "straight", but the thing with the mufflers and the bends needs to be fixed

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 08 February 2005 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (-MrMopar @ Feb 8 2005, 18:13)

1: in real life, noone with a bit of technical knowledge would build the exhaust that way.  that bend is the biggest giveaway

If you have "straight pipes" you dont have any mufflers you dumbass, just because "Glass Packs" has a "straight through core" doesnt mean that the pipes are "straight", but the thing with the mufflers and the bends needs to be fixed

jesus christ. so i messed up, i didn't explain it with the exact correct words, does that make me a dumbass? i'd love to watch you trying to make friends.

Dr. Rotten
  • Dr. Rotten

[RotteN-BraiN]

• Members

Posted 09 February 2005 - 02:49 AM

The mod looks good so far! The cars are going to be sweet! I hope I can make cars like yours once I learn 3ds max 7. Keep up the good work.

Quicksilver GT
  • Quicksilver GT

• Members

Posted 09 February 2005 - 05:13 AM

user posted image

pappagallos car yo

Quicksilver GT
  • Quicksilver GT

• Members

Posted 09 February 2005 - 05:15 AM Edited by Quicksilver GT, 09 February 2005 - 05:18 AM.

sh*t double post

-MrMopar
  • -MrMopar

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:56 AM

Offtopic:

jesus christ. so i messed up, i didn't explain it with the exact correct words, does that make me a dumbass? i'd love to watch you trying to make friends.

sorry, i didnt think you would take it that hard, its just that I am very interested in cars and motors and I know alot about them , and i LOVE correcting people. so dont take it personal

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (-MrMopar @ Feb 9 2005, 08:56)
Offtopic:

sorry, i didnt think you would take it that hard, its just that I am very interested in cars and motors and I know alot about them , and i LOVE correcting people. so dont take it personal

correcting people is nice. very nice. calling people a dumbass for a minor mistake is not nice. imo. tounge.gif

soul_courageous
  • soul_courageous

My sig works TA

• Members

Posted 09 February 2005 - 06:19 PM

^^^^ says the guy calling ya a dumb f**k for just reading his sig LMAO..
Gucksilver that pappagallos car is outstanding. If you need anymore screencaps from madmax2 Id gladly get them for ya.

-MrMopar
  • -MrMopar

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 February 2005 - 08:55 PM

^^^^ says the guy calling ya a dumb f**k for just reading his sig LMAO..

biggrin.gif haha!! you're right about that

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:35 PM

i been taking alittle time for reconesence....i been not only lookign at thier mack truck ripp off and how it functions but also catologuing.

i haven't gotten to las venturas (give me a break i played it from christmas till new years and only 2 hours at a time.) but i should soon have the fisrt preliminary list of "movie car = san andreas car."

now some cars will be a double convert for few reasons the main one beign that some trucks and cars work well on some models but then on certain missions where they could have been used even better san andreas gives yo ua different model.

case in point "tanker commander." a great mission that looks like it has some elelments ripped from raod warrior. the official truck we are going to mod with the mack is the "raod train." but does tank commander use the "raod train." nope it uses lesser mack truck wannabe thus my reasoning for wantign to replace both rigs and or leave the coice up to the players.

also the chase car in "tanker commander" would be perfect to make it into the the red xa coupe as it would chase you...raming into you and the tanker...and then you smash throught it ....alot like in the movie. then when you done with him you can smash those people you find along the way lol.

so part reaserch part i'm jsut been too sick to effectively model i should have our first list of "movie car= san andreas car." list.

meanwhile i'd appreciate the name name calling and genral dumbassery to stop...you two want to fight take it to pm but i'll be damned if i let this topic get locked cause you two couldn't play nice.

Quicksilver GT
  • Quicksilver GT

• Members

Posted 10 February 2005 - 07:57 AM

user posted image

added fuel tanks and a rear bumper bar

Kraxxuz
  • Kraxxuz

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 February 2005 - 08:19 AM

looks great buddy! keep up the great work!

-MrMopar
  • -MrMopar

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 February 2005 - 04:41 PM

aint the front wheels on the pappagallo car alittle too wide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users