1,155 replies to this topic
T-808
  • T-808

Road Warrior mod until it's Done!

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Modding]

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

this is an opening to a post that I've made many times before. but never has been more true then now. so let me straight with you all as we move forward. then I'll tell you where I am right now  there is some very good news and some very bad news so let's eat our veggies before we have our dessert. 

Bad news:

My mothers sick. a form of MS (multiple sclerosis) and has been getting gradually worse. now it's at a stage where she cannot put off treatment and will have to endure aggessive chemo therapy to get rid of it. this means I will need to help her and despite my own disabilities I'll have to really work hard around the house. this means I'll be often out of touch with what's going on currently. and it means my modeling time is going to be very sparatic when I have time at all.

I know you all well enough to know that you aren't upset by this cause it's my mom and you understand. I won't push myself but I do have to do something to help me keep my mind and will strong in this coming time so modeling is one activity that does tend to even me out. so it'll be something I am doing cause I want to. not because I think I have to for you fans. but if I am going to work on anything it'll be this since mad max is one of my main passions. but not my only passion.

The Good News:

well there is a lot of good news over all outside of my personal life and sonly duties. we have a massive back catologue of mods that are pretty much done and ready to go save for rigging and skinning. we have someone awesome whom I have great faith in who will do both those tasks and has access to my best files for the mod. the crossbow isn't with them but honestly I need to figure out which weapon is best to replace in sa but again...that will be when it can be.

the person had the files and seems to be able to get them to open and import which is good cause I've worked hard to make them easy to use with any program that a skinner/rigger might use. going forward progress will likely be through this person till or if my personal issues pass.

Where I am at:

personally I won't get into where I am emotionally. and this isn't oprah so I'll leave off there.

I actually skipped a few projects and have been secretly going back to the thunderdome Airtruk because the body I made bugs me. there are a lot of issue with it and I just cannot leave it as is because it will dive me nuts. you all may not notice the issues with the body but I can and as an artists I don't want to put it out unless I am happy with it. our skinner/rigger has version 1 along with example textures to work with but honestly they may be better off when v2 comes about because I am putting more detail into her while not breaking the bank on poly. 

but what started out as a simple body do over has turned into an almost full new build. but that's good cause there a lot of details I missed going into Version 1 that I can now incorprotate into the new model. this should look so pretty in sa and fly pretty too. and the stock air truck will get some love as well cause I don't want to just leave her hanging either.  

part of why this has gotten my attention is that we have a lot of car mods,truck mods,big rig mods and even one helicopter mod in the form of the gyrocopter. but we really don't have a plane mod I am happy with which would mean that the total,in total conversion is not being met. and I want to meet it.  the plane isn't ready for show yet but I'll tell you what's left. body,interrior,top wing set,bottom wing set,the back rudder housing and parts of the assembly. trust me when you see the renders you'll see that this was the right way to go when it's all said and done. might even render out a side by side labeling v1 and v2.

Lastly the plan is still in place to wait more for september for mad max the game to come up and wait for the mesh rips from the pc version. from there the silver interceptor will be crafted as well as a brand new interceptor from fury road as there are suttle differences in the fury road version as there are to our old road warrior version. plus as much as I love ganjicias donations to our mod. I really want to craft a scratch built interceptor of my own to try to up the quality of our mods just a little bit.

Mad max is my passion but with the new terminator film coming out I did make some new mods that I hope to get skinned and rigged as well. so if you guys could pass this bonus information around to your friends to see if people might also help me finish and release some mods of a different sort then that would do me a major solid cause I Love being the mad max guy of the GTA community but man I got me in me.

I have 1. cobra F.A.N.G. helicopter finished and ready for rigging and skinning. that's all she needs. refs will be provided with the 3d file.

1. terminator t-800 micro processor needs skinning and textureing I want to replace either the horseshoes or the clams in SA as a collectable.  I have a couple other terminator meshes in the works as well as a few G.I. JOE 1980's models cause they can be quickly made all things considered. and in the coming years I have some big plans for terminator in general but I need others help to make these work in game. anyone who works for me gets full credit for all work done so please ask your buddies if they would like to help with a terminator.G.I.JOE 1980's mods could add a lot of new life to this old game. PM me if interested. 

anyways I am very tired but I needed to take this time because I don't know when I'll around to post progress on my end. I hope the new skinner will post the mods as they are completed and this will show that this mod is not fully opperational but is far from dead. thank you all for the patience and the help and hopefully we can all rock and roll with this mod. as for me I'll do what I can to make it through this will be very trying but I have faith,such as it is, that things will ultimately come through on all fronts. till then my friends take care.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

YuRE$
  • YuRE$

YuRE$

• Members

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:05 PM Edited by YuRE$, 24 June 2015 - 10:18 PM.

I'm working on textures for vehicles. I start from Holden Statesman 1974 hq.
ebJ4zDJ.jpg
Here is my progress (WIP):
statesman1.png
statesman2.png
is it good?

• T-808, Speccy and undertaker fan like this

undertaker fan
  • undertaker fan

NIGGUH!

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:11 AM

Yes it's very good. Good luck in completing this TC.
  • T-808 likes this

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:45 PM

this isn't by us but those looking for a fury road action a bit early here's a decent,all-be-it innaccurate gigahorse. 

http://www.gtainside...d-max-fury-road

I will not be asking the author if they wish to donate the model to the mod. I'll be working on our own cause I have massively good refs for the build and will make this as accurate as I can.

YuRE$
  • YuRE$

YuRE$

• Members

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:27 PM

Progress: Holden Stateman HQ 1974 97% textures is done, I fix some things and after I will rig it to the game :lol:

car1.png

car2.png

car3.png

car4.png

car5.png

• T-808, Speccy and undertaker fan like this

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:32 PM

I am back around for now folks. things have possibly changed with my mom. we are waiting on a second opinion but things may not be what think it is and some of it may be just normal aging. t.m.I. over with.

I have been working to keep my mind off of things but I won't say what things I am doing right now and I don't want to show it off but I'll have some progress in modeling on my end.

as you can see some actual  progress is happening with one of our models thanks to Yuke$ who is a man of his word and is working hard to

get this beauty above onto the virtual roads. they work is as you see above and I think considering you've been looking at my grey raw models for so long now it's time you see one with some texture and style. and this has it in spades.

so that's good. I've contracted a friend about making the desoto body and interrior. with luck this friend will take the commission and he'll make a hi-poly desoto that I can then revese model to lower poly for gta sa and then use his work for gta IV and V.

I can't gurantee he'll take the commission but I gotta try something.

meantime I am just trying to get things done in the midst of all this chaos at home. hope you all are well. I'll be around when I can and soon I promise you more modeling refs I don't want to spoil anything but I think you guys will like it cause I get chills everytime I see it.

GTAFANGIRL87
  • GTAFANGIRL87

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:48 AM

Hello this T-808 girl and am here to help him relay a message. 

T-808 is blocked from the forums by a network firewall for now. so he cannot access the forums. He needs you to e-mail him at [email protected] as e-mail will be the best way to reach him for the time being. he has progress on the silver interceptor but he needs your input on how to finish it. he'll explain what he means and show you his progress when you make contact with him. be sure to say "Attention T-808" as the title of the email so that he can find it even if it goes to his spam folder.

GTAFANGIRL87
  • GTAFANGIRL87

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:32 AM

Progress: Holden Stateman HQ 1974 97% textures is done, I fix some things and after I will rig it to the game :lol:

car1.png

car2.png

car3.png

car4.png

car5.png

Hello YuRE$,

T-808 needs you to contact him though his email here [email protected] because he is blocked from the forum at

the moment and can't contact anyone here. 

GTAFANGIRL87
  • GTAFANGIRL87

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

T-808's girl here with another message for you guys. 

hey guys I am blocked by a firewall where I am at. I will try to get unblocked but to be honest my father doesn't know how to whitelist sites with the firewall so I'll likely be blocked off an on. this won't stop the mod. I wanted to give you guys some small updates and good news to go with that. I got permission to convert a the mack truck model I found lately for sa that is accurate and slightly high poly. meaning that the macks cab for the mack truck train is already taken care of. the rest is making the back pipe works. the rail wheels and then making the back train car for the coach. we are also converting ganjicas interceptor for use in the first fury road mod. I haven't posted pics yet but the mod is almost done modeling wise. what's left to do is the back spike units,back gun and the front skull for the blower. this is version 1 of the mod. once the pc edition of mad max hits in september we'll have better mods based on both the game and the fury road vehicles. lastly the rebuild of thunderdome plane is down to body and wing works. so look for posts on that as well. I also know what went wrong with the HD black tow truck and how to fix it. but looking at the HD DVD version of road warrior I saw detials I never seen before so the two truck will be reworked to be more accuarate. I plan to redo the RW interceptor. as I sign off I plan to start another mod that is nothing but cars,trucks,weapons and vehicles from t.v.,movies,cartoons,comics. if I cannot get what I want done here for sa then I'll make them for GTA V as it's perfect for some of the vehicles I've been working on when taking a break or two from this mod. tired of having these things done and getting no hits from people wanting to help make these mods finished for gta. I am wanting to see all the vehicles I ever wanted to drive on the roads of gta. I hope you all can share in my passions in the future.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

GTAFANGIRL87
  • GTAFANGIRL87

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

~Another update from T-808 ~

Hey guys. small update and sadly it's not a good one for now. YuRe$ has just vanished. I've e-mailed what contacts I've had with him. I've tried to raise him skype. and I've had my fiancee posting for me on here because I am so sick of fighting the blocks my father puts onto the firewall. though I will try to get it unblocked for the umteenth time so that I can post myself. but here's the skinny. I have no idea what's going on with the last model that YuRe$ was working on. he was so happy to see where things were going with the silver interceptor and I was making the major progress that my fiancee has been posting to you through my posts to her. but I cannot seem to raise him and I don't know if it's by choice or if it's some other reason because YuRe$ wasn't mad at me the last time we spoke. this dead air from him is completely out of the blue. so what's the point? giving YuRe$ the benifit of the doubt I have to give him a month to respond. if he doesn't respond within a month,or ever for that matter, then I must consider that his help is no longer there in which case I'll be the only one left doing things for this mod. if it comes to that. then the kill list will be reinstated and the list of vehicles to do or finish will be put back in place. I am on break for maybe the next week so I won't be updating much more then this post but I had to put things out there cause this is the, i've lost count, time that this seems to have happened and I don't get it. and it's frustrating me at a time when my health has given way to some frustrations as well. so that's the update. if I never hear from YuRe$ ever again then that's it. cause he was one of the last people to really step up and I was really excited that we'd have releases for you all but now it's unknown. so if I don't hear from YuRe$ in a month the kill list for the mod will be put back in place and this mod will wind down.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

sorry for the akwardness of the sudden change in postings. I am unblocked and should likely be unblocked for the foreseeable future.

soon I'll post shots of the work I have done on the silver interceptor. it was on the list from before. as of posting I still haven't heard back from YuRe$ but again I am doing my best. if I don't hear form YuRe$ soon then I'll start the conversion of the thunderdome truck train next. as I said before I have permission from the moders of a mack truck I need. to convert it and use it for the mack truck train. this will save me days of work and make it possible to make this look super amazing.

beyond that I haven't much else to say right now. it's good to be back.

• undertaker fan and Issik like this

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

okay guys I am back finally as I stated above. I have good news then we'll get to the things you people like as far as showing you my own progress with the project I have been toiling on.

I am back in contact with YuRE$ and that's about it. I don't know the state of the statesmen as it stands now. but I know he's been working hard on it. so my mod kill list is resended. I am about two weeks away from finishing up this current model I've been working at.

so without further adue I give you all:Razor Cola aka the silver interceptor.

silverinterceptor%20with%20ganjica%20bod

obviously there is still tweaks to be done to her but she's coming out gloriously. the hardest part was mostly gutting the inside of the car. but I did it and patched it up as well myself.

I have to patch the back end up a little because they removed a section of the back of the interceptor to accomedate the spiked tanks hanging off the back near the bumper. so I had to rip a peice of the mesh out and will have to repatch. then the body will be as it should be.

the steering wheel is dismounted as  YuRE$ has made his own that based off the movie and it looks great. so that will be his contributions.

the main list of to do's aside from the above is: finish the back spike traps. made the dart gun for the back. and the front skull for the blower. and back hood pins. (yes she had actually 4 hood pins with the main pin pins in the back of the hood instead of the front.

the middle engine part is from a hot rod from mafia II game so I cannot take credit for that either. but mosf of the grey is mine and I even installed a correct pipe system for the side pipes and a proper drop tank for the cars back area.  she's going to be as acurate as possible but that's where this mod is running into trouble. see she's at around 36k poly. I trying to keep these at 40k or under and I know i'll surpass it with the gun alone no matter how hard I work to make it low poly without looking low poly.   this mod may not be suitable for those with low end systems and for that I am sorry if it comes to that. it's not my intention to make high poly models for lower poly games. that said this should still be a mod to please those who really want to drive in style down the fury road.

this mod is one of my favorites as it's challened me so hard but I love that it has cause it's giving me what I need most to push to higher level of modeling. rather then some of the amature works I've done in the past.

anyways once this is done I may do nux's car before switching over to the mack truck train to try to kick off a proper thunderdome mesh.

at any rate stay tuned for more updates.

• Speccy and Davve95 like this

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

not a lot to say here but things may be progressing a little more. I am in talks with some russian who might also help us skin models including enviornmental models like my unfinished junk trailer from mundi mundi look out. the trail the mack is hitched to in the begining of mad max 2 the road warrior.

I missed a meeting due to some family issues that have now been resolved.

so what am I doing? I am working my butt off on the last details of the silver interceptor. this month is THE month to do this and get it done. next month "Mad Max" the game comes out as well as "Metal Gear V" the second game I would have canceled if this wasn't Kojimas last metal gear ever,and if you haven't heard the news yet let give you the short version. Kojima is leaving (or being forced out) of konami for reasons unknown right now. Konami has also been caught violating some of their workers rights and basically treat their game making staff like sh*t. now I cannot fully confirm this last part but I do have a buddy in the industry who has heard much the same as all of you from his friends who worked there. they (Konami) also seem to be shifitng to almost strickly mobile gaming deciding to give a big f*ck you to the fans who have supporrted them over the years.

In short after MGS V I am done with Konami.

I also have a spetember vacation to see my fiancee and my soon to be step kids for the last two weeks of september so it's highly unlikely I'll be getting work done.  after september it's hard to say what my time will be like after september as I have a lot more to do with my health then most people thanks to my illnesses. but what time I have will be spent working on each movies different unique vehicles. and as stated I have permission to use two beautifully done models for conversions with permission that will save me a lot of time so those will likely be targets to work on which includes the mack truck for the mack truck train and  and the wired's '71 dodge charger that is the model needed for the Fury road dodge charger.

New footage of  the mad max game seems to show a valiant charger so we might have a body I could just convert rather then making it from scratch. we'll see when the game hits september 1st. more when I have something to show.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Our main skinner is busy with real life work. so his works with us are delayed but he seems to be saying they will come just later. that's the best I can give you guys on it.

next or rather lastly is that the silver interceptor is almost done. I have the teeth of the blower skull to do in front and then I have the back flecett gun to do in the back and it will be done done and ready to go to the skinning and rigging shop. I have progress shots but I'd rather just reveal when it's done which should be by the end of this week or worst case the end of next week.

as said septemeber I am off because mad max the game comes out and I want to play it with my son who is now a big mad max fan. and then I have a vacation that wipe out the end of septmeber with my fiancee. so I cannot work then though I'll be collecting any cars people extract from the game and be trying to use them for some of the side cars and trucks in fury road side.

once this interceptor build is done and over with it'll probably be the thunderdome train I do because again it would be interesting and I think it would make for a really neat mod and complete part of the total conversion since we wouldn't have had a basic train mod without it. I want everything to fit as it has cause you gotta think. no one was likely backing that train up and since the old movies are still cannon it stands to reason that old mack train is still sitting out there on the tracks in the universe. after all what we've seen seems to suggest that bartertown never really recovered or got rebuilt.   seriously people get the mad max comics on max himself if you really want your mind blown because they written by miller so they are cannon. it's mind blowing to see how the world of mad max all fits together.

anyways back with shots of the finished build.

• Issik likes this

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I promised photos and so here they are. the model weighs in at 62.5k poly.  not ideal since some users have complained that my models may be a bit to poly heavy for their older machines and once again we've come full circle.

some come on here and look down at me for having low poly trash (Kotton I am looking at you and a few others) but when I start to nut up or shut up and make models based off the GTA V poly count for simple objects then I get accused of making models way too poly heavy and thus they are high poly trash.

It hasn't escaped my attention that we do have many forgien parrties who are interested in our mods because they are awesome,different or they are fan of Mad Max as a property. and I do know that in many of these places,getting a machine that runs games of today,as well as said games, can be so prohibatively expensive that it's next to impossible for them to get a machine capable of running higher poly models within a game like GTA San Andreas.  So I am not so blind and stupid as to know the dilema that we face and will always face within the fandom. and NO, I am not mad at you guys in either camp,just frustrated at the situation.

but I am not going to spend my life making really extremely low poly models of complex cars and then make the bigger poly version to please everyone. my models at this point are what are. so from here on out you more then welcome to come here and tell me I am making models that are too much or not enough for your machines. but I will make the models as best I can and then hand them off to the community at large. if you want to take my models peice by peice and demake them into way lower poly then be my guest just please observe the credit for the parts I,and others did in these models and credit us accordingly.

Last order of business is a plea. I get that we can never stop people from stealing our mods. it's been done more times then I can count. but when steal our landau,barely reskin it and then call it the "ford falcon from mad max 2" that's when I get a little pissed because then other sites like GTAINSIDE post and host your model with the incorrect title and don't seem to care to change the name of the car. I mean seriously what the f*ck is up with that?  please if you steal our mods,as much as I'd like credit for me and the team who worked on the model you stole, I'd rather the car was named right. otherwise you make a fool out of all of us.

so here is the beta of the silver interceptor "Razor Cola" from "Mad Max: Fury Road" 

Body by Ganjica

Skull by Free model online no author

Everything else (including work on the skull( by T-808)

Steering wheel (not shown to be added by skinner later) YuRE$

silverinterceptor%2016%20backgun_zpskla7

silverinterceptor%2016b%20backgun_zpsohh

silverinterceptor%2017%20finishf_zpswwc5

silverinterceptor%2017%20finishe_zpskxzs

silverinterceptor%2017%20finishd_zpstqlx

silverinterceptor%2017%20finishc_zpsxvzb

silverinterceptor%2017%20finish_zpsiqpwd

silverinterceptor%2017%20finish%20with%2

silverinterceptor%2017%20finishb_zpsjolj

silverinterceptor%2017%20finish%20full%2

silverinterceptor%2016d%20backgun_zps2u0

silverinterceptor%2016de%20backgun%20_zp

silverinterceptor%2016c%20backgun_zpsz5v

Someday I'll build a Scratch ford falcon body but at this point it won't be today. conversion saved us moths of me remaking and improving on Ganjicas body. doing the inside work was hard and often frustrating to get done and future interceptor works won't use his body.  as much as I'd like to take credit for it all by having made it all myself this model taught me much about just letting go,not trying to make it perfect perfect and when to just go with things rather then obsessing over the smallest detail.     

this is gta and while cars should look nice,this isn't pixar. my models aren't ment for the big screen and thus every nut and bolt doesn't have to be done.  this was such a tough build because it was so filled with creative problems that needed creative solutions. and for that I think this is one of my favorite builds.

Now from here I,as spoken before, want to make more of the total conversion by taking on the mack truck train from thunderdome. so what little work may get done will likely start tomorrow or next week and allow for me to get something more done before september. my son starts schooling next monday and being that it's homeschooling this year, means my time will be more limited as it should be after september.

meaning that I may have an idea of my time from here on out. we'll see what it all leads to. I hope the coming models get set up and skinned and put out to you to enjoy. as for me I need some well deserved rest before I do anything more and hope this post will tied you all over until I have anything more to report. thank you for your patience and time.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

small update. installed our skinners steeringwheel. so here's a better look at both the dash board and of YuRE$'s steering wheel that he made all on his own. you should see it when it's skinned.

the final polycount with wheel is actually 64009 poly. not bad for a final total in general.

silverinterceptor%2017%20finishf%20w%20s

there are details left out here or there. and if I really think about it I could have left Ganjicas exhaust alone and redone the drive train in just one tube as he had done. there is likely area where poly could be cut still but again that's up to you the community now. because for me I am done with this models as a whole.

• undertaker fan and redheadpapa like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users