1,120 replies to this topic
T-808
  • T-808

Road Warrior mod until it's Done!

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Modding]

Posted 2 weeks ago

@Chagerbandit  honestly I do remember and your work was and is still greatly appreciated.

@undertaker freak well I'd say 10% done if I were to be realistic.

considering that no map work has been completed,the fact that we are adding in "Mad Max Fury Road" to the mix  and have people working in the background on upgrading much of the work that's done into being useful and looking pretty in GTA IV and possible GTA V when it hits pc. our work is very much ahead of us.

modeling wise we have a lot done. but we need skinners and we need tech people to get the models ingame. otherwise that 10% is all we will ever have.

I am working hard on getting people to help out with the things I am unable to do myself. so stay tuned. as I work to get us up to a higher percentage. will post new work soon.

chargerbandit
  • chargerbandit

Player Hater

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 2 weeks ago

If you ever need some help texturing or anything,contact me.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

some hope. New work right now. taking a  break from thunderdome so that I can work on the Green Dart car that bites it hard when the mack is being taken back to the compound.

i006904.jpg

I've started in on this car and will be working exclusively on it from here on out. so far I have the pontiac bonneville hood undamaged done. and am working on

the front end.

dartcar1b_zps2cf8d1fb.jpgDartcar1_zps5c83d3f7.jpg

dartcar2_zps2cf8d1fb.jpg

dartcar2b_zps940db06d.jpg

don't have much time each day so don't expect major updates on this or any other model but I'll work hard on my end. as we count down to mad max Fury Road.

• Speccy likes this

Speccy
  • Speccy

what matters is, if it matters to you.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Speccy, A week ago.

I admire you dedication. Having just skimmed through this topic, I'm still not very clear on how you intend to release your work. So ignore my suggestion if it fundamentally conflicts with your plans.

You clearly have a passion for working on your dream and I'm sure it would mean a lot to you to see people enjoying and discussing your mod. Although I wish you the best regards for the future of this mod, honestly, I think the release of Fury Road in May will not satisfy your expectations.

I am not the first to tell you this, but you should definitely be more focused on this for yourself in the first place. Further putting emphasis on what has been said before - mods, in contrast to actual published games are definitely not expected to be paid for. It's just not likely to happen in any context (although there are exceptions). The bottom line is, as much as I hate acknowledging this fact, the GTA modding community is not what it used to be. Just like everything else, it is evolving but it will never again be what it was when you started this topic.

You might have to go against your own principles if you ever confront the fact that besides working on this for yourself, you lack feedback and recognition to continue and stay motivated. The quality of your work is definitely top notch, and if you were to individually release some of your models for GTA IV & SA upon completion on popular GTA-modding sites (maybe gtainside), you could quickly build up interest in the project as a whole. The release of the movie could provide a great opportunity to do exactly this. Again, if you are releasing content and I missed out on something, ignore my suggestion. But if not, in my opinion, you should start now!

Either way, keep doing what you enjoy and good luck!

• T-808 likes this

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

@Speccy you make a great point here. no joke no saracsam.  I mean that.  But I wish to point out a few things. 1. I have no expections for the release of Mad Max Furry Road. or rather my expectations are that it will effect this mod very little if at all because that's how this mod's history has gone. but you make a valid point about it and who know stanger things have happened. 2. I have some people working in the background on mods that should be released soon. one is working on GTA IV mods and the other is working on our current mode of games here with gta sa and maybe vc. 3. I do have passion for this mod. it comes and goes and being a depressive doesn't help me any as at times I am just too depressed to work on the mod and the lack of a team to finish mods faster and get them out to the public doesn't always help. The Subject matter is also a major road block because if we don't things like "the driver side being on the correct side because this models are ausitalian" then I get cussed out by AU fans who think I am trying to "Americanize" a property like mad max.

so many times,as you've no doubt read,it's just been the best for me to walk away for a while and get myself together. people want these mods a lot and yet help isn't what it used to be.

and finally I really want to just address the idea I put out of injecting money into modding. For the life of me I still do not understand why people are so mad at me for trying to move modding forward. Yes this isn't a job. I get that. but so many people quit mods and I am willing to put good money on the reason being that there is no money in it. and this means you have to have drive and passion or you won't succeed. and for so many that's not enough. they have families and they bills to pay and so much else that takes them away from what could be glorious if they could get paid for their work. hell people who make models just in general can get paid for their work on sides like "creativecash","Tourbosquid",and "3DExchange". but often you cannot use your work for games then.  so it's either do a model for months and get paid or do a model for months and release to mostly jeers at people who want your model but aren't willing to put up the work to do it themselves.

You can say I am barking up the wrong tree and I get that and it's cool. but why is bringing money into this a dirty thing now. no one has honestly explained to me why making mods into a way to make some cash on the side for your time and effort is a bad thing. cause at the end of the day my experience outside this forum has been more hate male then a simple thanks. but if I had small amount of money waiting for me I might feel like I've done something for once. and sure this is just me. this is all subjective but so far the reasons given are subjective too. I want an objective reason why it's so taboo to make a buisness where you can get paid to mod.

I await your answer but it's ultimatley meaningless on most fronts as no one is willing to jump start this idea. that's their choice. I just think we could do better.

Anyways working on the new model and I want to finish off here by saying that your post was a welcome one. it made me think of a lot of angles on everything going on and I do appreciate your input. it's best I've gotten in a long time now. so thank you Speccy.

Speccy
  • Speccy

what matters is, if it matters to you.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

It brings a smile to my face, hearing that my post has given you some food for thought.

After all, my post was solely for the purpose of discussion. I definitely see where you are coming from.
I just think it's quite simple, where there is demand, there is supply. The question of bringing money into it is by no means a 'dirty' subject matter, I just don't see there being a 'market' for mods. In contrast there is a huge market for video games. For example, even counterstrike started off as a mod for half-life and was taken outside the small modding community, becoming a standalone game and selling millions of copies worldwide. I haven't looked into it's history, but I'm quite sure by the time they started making any revenue from the title, the 'free' mod had already been around quite some time and had established a significant fan base. There was demand, which came from the thousands of downloads and people quickly spread the word. The divine reward was not the money, it was the recognition the mod was getting. Had they not released their work, people wouldn't have had the incentive to contribute for the development of something even if it had great potential.

I apologize if I might sound obnoxious here. You know you have a talent, and it can by all means earn you some money. You would have to look for a modeling position in a video game company. If I had your experience, I would definitely not hesitate. If you've been doing this for so long as a hobby, it definitely wouldn't harm to try your luck.

Don't know where you're at with your life, so my suggestion might be unreasonable. I'm just looking at it from the money-making perspective and this would be a promising option to consider.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

@Speccy

you know,what you've said here is probably the best explaination to the entire thing and I honestly applaud you for it. you make so much more sense then many who just said they didn't think my idea was a good one and pretty much left it at that. but you really nailed it. 

I may try to still come at this,but from a different angle in the future and see if I can make it work,but on different terms. but that will be someday in the future if ever.

Thank you so much for the comments and for taking the time to really take this head on. because I can see what you mean and you ultimately right. Take care Speccy and thank you.

• Speccy likes this

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I've Actually Thought long and hard about what Speccy has said in his two posts. and even as work continues on these cars I've had to take some really hard looks in the mirror and ask me why I am doing all this anymore.

In many ways it's taken time to Realize that Speccy is pretty right on a long of things. When I close my eyes I can see these models out on the virtual road. it makes me smile and makes me lust for it be real. as real as all the other projects I've been doing over the years,some of which you don't even know about. but by days end do I see me being able to truly finish up all the movies with sets and characters and the like? the answer is a solid I doubt it.

No one will fault me for hanging in this long. and I thank so many of you for sticking with me through it. So what am I about to say? Well the short answer is this mod will close down. I know what I've said in the past about coming back to finish this to the enth degree. and to be honest I ment every last word of it. but how realistic is it? In the end it's not very realistic at all. and to push on for another 5 maybe 10 years..for what exactly?

there is no real answer to give to that. sure I'd have a lot of neat models but then what? now for the long answer.

Does this mean I am ceasing production of current and future models? well yes and no. I think making something from each movie is my new goal. beyond that

I think the rest of the models I have yet to fully start will lay as they are. so

1.the green dart car will get finished.

2.The Desoto will be created.

3. the no front fender statesmen will be finished up.

4.the big monster truck from thunderdome will get finished.

5.and I feel it only right to finish up the start I have on max's truck.

6.the train is also going to be finished because I have too much invested in it to stop it now.  

7.lastly the silver interceptor

8.as well as the Fury road edtion mad max interceptor will be made.

9. finish the tanker trailer

All other models are here by canceled but I'll make model files available for anyone who wants to pick up from where I left off. scene wise the compound will be finished off with new detail added anyone who wants to put it into a map is welcome to the finished mesh when completed.

the rest of the work will go towards working with my skinners more closely to get the models that are done. skinned and out to you. this will leave so much of the mod unfinished but we'll have some releases  to give to you as a going away present.

anything that is high enough poly to be transfered over to GTA IV and possibly GTA V will be.

and well anything we can get off the mad max game (provided that it's still coming out and honestly I don't think it is. since I've heard more about Just cause 3 then I have of mad max. I'm afraid it's vapor ware but I am hoping I am wrong. but I'd be almost shocked if we ever hear about this game ever again. and it's a shame too.) but the point is if it comes out we plan to pull as many assets out as we can and will use them in our mods as well. but again this is optional as it's not likely we'll see the game released at all.

and so that's my final word on this. I plan to make mods till I die. and I'd hope said mods will make their way to releases in the future as I have so much fun stuff for you all to drive that is being made.

Speaking of made here's what I got done on the green dart car.

front end regular:

dartcar3_zpse6ee6df1.jpg

Front end with the pontiac bonnevill grill cover that leads to the engine bay:

dartcar3b_zpsfd2f5785.jpg

The broken and busted up hood:

dartcar3c_zps2f29fab3.jpg

in the movie you don't see the front end on the car as it approaches to crash site. there's a reason for that.  the first cash failed and it ended up breaking the pontiac front end. they couldn't repair it in time so they had to just take the parts off and do a second run.  flub or not this will be a part of the cars damage I 

plan for you to be able to break the front end off and drive with it like it is in the film. so once the front end grille is complete I'll make a damaged version that can break off like what Carface does with a lot of his cars. this will make the authenticity of the car that much more.

I hope to have updates for you coming soon on skinned models. for now I hope you'll take this post in the spirit it was ment and we can move forward towards a natural end  to this mod and the begining of new works for other games.

• universetwisters likes this

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

progress always moving forward. the main nose cone from the bonniville is complete. I need to do the grille frame and then lace it with the wire mesh as per the movie. but beyond that,fixing a small detail leading up to the engine bay and making the damaged version of this from end. it's almost complete.

from here I plan to work on the side front fenders before working my way back to the back of the car and such.

dartcar%204c_zpsise2i2my.jpg

dartcar%205_zpsqqy0ugig.jpg

dartcar%204b_zpscboupevw.jpg

dartcar%204_zpshcfqwilf.jpg

this is been my best attempt at this car since I made the mistake of trying to use an american charger for my first model. this one will be what the fans expect of a car from this movie. so keep moving forward.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

front end is almost completely honestly it needs the chin spoiler,and the wire mesh for head light covers then I can start on more of the car. I got the radiator done as well as editions to the front nose cone to engine bay lay out. and have started a little on the single right side side mirror which I finished as you can see here. it will be damageable as will all the parts connected to the door as you've come to know them.I also know what I'll do for the front end. I was playing with Carfaces cars and I noticed how he does breakable front ends. so this front end,when complete,will be a part of the front end. the headlights will be stock chrysler on chrysler but will be broken off with the side finders as carface is apt to do or possibly it'll be part of the bumper so that you can drive around with the lights off as seen in the final run of the car in the film. we'll see when we get that far. anyways here's how she looks now. the front end is all one color because it's all one piece now so don't be thrown off by that it's what it's supposed to be.

dartcar%205b_zpsdeorsnfo.jpg

dartcar%205c_zpsmb3vkmzz.jpg

dartcar%206_zpsvyhys37y.jpg

dartcar%206b_zps9gujkojf.jpg

• Kalvin likes this

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

I got the wire mesh laid in for the nose cone. don't worry I used plain one sides surfaces for the mesh so it's not a poly whore. I may add detail to the mesh such as missing parts but getting a clear vision of the mesh in general off the movie isn't something that can happen. often,due to the sped up nature of the filming the cars are blurry when they'd be most visible for detail.  and now that I've lost my contact who has behind the scenes photos (thanks 2014) I cannot say that I'll ever fully know. so this all done to the best of my ability.

that said I've noticed a detail most people miss about the chin spoiler and it's supports the Chrysler X Chrysler as being the model use for main body. the chin spoiler doesn't simply jut out from under the nose cone. there are actually two slots with a divider between them on which the chin spioler is grafter. this detail is found on the front underside of the Chrysler x Chrysler CH but not found on any of the Valiants. not that I needed further confirmation but I can see the detail in other shots I have of the car and it's clear to me that needs to be models right to be accurate and so it shall.

as stated my main goal right now is getting the nose cone and hood assembly right because they need to be damaged and broken off for us to get that movie look. the headlights will be twin headlights because I feel that I can see both headlights from the original chrysler x chysler ch in the stills that we have from the non blurry scenes of the car itself. so these will also be a focus of mine as I work to to perfect this car to the best of my ability. point is stage one,the front end is almost completed. soon I can start working on futher details from the car itself using photos of the car as it is now..rotting on a stuntman's lot,baking in the sun,with most of it's parts striped out.  sadly this glorious car has been sold off peice by peice and is almost unrecognizable. I'd show you photos but I made a promise and Intend to keep it. anyways here's the latest shot of the front end.

dartcar%207_zps1edbnhlg.jpg

• universetwisters likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users